Bible Problem

Mockers inflame a city, but the wise turn away anger. If a wise man goes to court with a fool, there will be raving and laughing with no resolution. (Proverbs 29:8-9)

Mockers inflame a city, but the wise turn away anger. If a wise man goes to court with a fool, there will be raving and laughing with no resolution. (Proverbs 29:8-9)
Boy that brings back memories. I took two fools to court in a personal injury case and got a 6 figure settlement. I had a great Jewish lawyer.

Thank you for your compliment of me being a good man. There might be hope for you after all.
But when you are invited, take the lowest place, so that when your host comes, he will say to you, ‘Friend, move up to a better place.’ Then you will be honored in the presence of all the other guests. (Luke 14:10)

The Alexandrinus is also a false translation as it has the same dating as the Vaticanus and Sinaiticus (4th and 5th centuries).
That isn't an argument. It is simply guilt by age association.

Are you a student of textual criticism. Let me guess. Only your English Bible of choice is God's word? English is a very poor representation of what God gave to the authors of the Scripture. I hope you do realize that English is largely Roman. Latin with random influences of German and French. Have you studied eythmology?

Are you a student of textual criticism. Let me guess. Only your English Bible of choice is God's word? English is a very poor representation of what God gave to the authors of the Scripture. I hope you do realize that English is largely Roman. Latin with random influences of German and French. Have you studied eythmology?
I opened up a middle english bible once, I saw a whole bunch of german verbs I couldn't recognize. So latin being added is probably more cosmetic due to the Norman invasion.

First, of all you will never be where I am at. You credibility is defunct with your meaningless opinions, and we know what
opinions are? The only knowledge you need to expand on is biblical truth not here say opinions muddled with a very
small grain of truth. You will never change me into a ignorant pagan gentile like you, so stop trying. I vastly know more
than you in a general sense and on biblical Truth.
Racism will get you nowhere with God.

Are you a student of textual criticism. Let me guess. Only your English Bible of choice is God's word? English is a very poor representation of what God gave to the authors of the Scripture. I hope you do realize that English is largely Roman. Latin with random influences of German and French. Have you studied

I opened up a middle english bible once, I saw a whole bunch of german verbs I couldn't recognize. So latin being added is probably more cosmetic due to the Norman invasion.

Racism will get you nowhere with God.
Not racism, but reality

You are getting sloppy in your Bible reading. Let me enlighten you.
Sh'mu'el Bet (2 Sam. 21:19)
2 Samuel 21:19 reports that during a fight between Israel and the Philistines,
a soldier named Elchanan of Bethlehem killed a Philistine named Goliath the
Gittite (the Goliath slain by David came from Gath). The following verse reports
the killing of another Philistine giant in battle---a man with six fingers on each
hand and six toes on each foot---- by Shimei David's nephew.

Shabbat Shalom

You are getting sloppy in your Bible reading. Let me enlighten you.
Sh'mu'el Bet (2 Sam. 21:19)
2 Samuel 21:19 reports that during a fight between Israel and the Philistines,
a soldier named Elchanan of Bethlehem killed a Philistine named Goliath the
Gittite (the Goliath slain by David came from Gath). The following verse reports
the killing of another Philistine giant in battle---a man with six fingers on each
hand and six toes on each foot---- by Shimei David's nephew.

Shabbat Shalom
Yes, Goliath was born in Gath and so came from Gath. What does that have to do with the error that Elhanan killed Goliath. This passage 2Sam 21:19 is suppose to read that Elhanan killed the brother of Goliath, not Goliath, who David killed. There's only one Goliath! Could you be confused with the fact that it's supposed to read "the brother of Goliath?"

Yes, Goliath was born in Gath and so came from Gath. What does that have to do with the error that Elhanan killed Goliath. This passage 2Sam 21:19 is suppose to read that Elhanan killed the brother of Goliath, not Goliath, who David killed. There's only one Goliath! Could you be confused with the fact that it's supposed to read "the brother of Goliath?"
No you are confused. It is a different person named Goliath. One Goliath is from Gath and the other one is a Gittite
"Elhanan the son of Jair killed Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite" (1 Chronicles 20:5), constructing the name Lahmi
from the last portion of the word "Bethlehemite".
How many people in America are named John?

No you are confused. It is a different person named Goliath. One Goliath is from Gath and the other one is a Gittite
"Elhanan the son of Jair killed Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite" (1 Chronicles 20:5), constructing the name Lahmi
from the last portion of the word "Bethlehemite".
How many people in America are named John?
1Chron 20:5 is a reiteration of the 2Sam 21:19 account. It even gives the name of the brother of Goliath (Lahmi) and it is the correct reading.

Back
Top Bottom