Sinless Perfection

Jesus is the only one without sin​

According to the Bible, Jesus Christ is uniquely sinless. The following passages affirm His sinless nature:
  • Hebrews 7:26: Jesus was “holy, harmless, undefiled, and separate from sinners.”
  • 2 Corinthians 5:21: Jesus “knew no sin.”
  • 1 Peter 2:22: In Jesus, “there was no deceit.” He did not revile in return when reviled and had no deceit in His mouth.
These statements emphasize Jesus’ complete lack of sin, making Him a “spotless lamb” (1 Peter 1:19) and the only human who has ever lived without sin.

In contrast, all humans, including Christians, are sinful and must acknowledge their sinfulness (1 John 1:8). It is arrogant for anyone but Jesus to claim sinless perfection, as it leads to boasting and self-justification (Only Christ Was Sinless).
Jesus’ sinlessness is essential for His role as a sacrifice for humanity’s sins, as He could die in our place and provide redemption (Hebrews 4:15). His unique sinlessness sets Him apart as the only human who could fulfill this purpose.

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." (1 John 1:8)

Here John is writing to Christians, and his epistle is full of exhortations to the Christian to purge sin from his life, with grave warnings to any who do not. Yet he also says that for a Christian to claim sinless perfection is self-deception. "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us" (1 John 1:10).

Only by Jesus Christ Himself could such claims be truly made. The greatest theologian, Paul, said concerning Christ that He "knew no sin" (2 Corinthians 5:21). His closest friends, Peter and John, said that He "did no sin" (1 Peter 2:22) and that in Him is no sin (1 John 3:5). His betrayer, Judas, said, "I have betrayed the innocent blood" (Matthew 27:4); His condemning judge, Pilate, said, "I find in him no fault at all" (John 18:38); and His executioner said, "This was a righteous man" (Luke 23:47). Christ Himself claimed human perfection: "for I do always those things that please him" (John 8:29).

ICR.org

“He that committeth sin is of the devil...” (1 John 3:8, KJV)

I’m not of the devil and I hope you aren’t either…
So nothing then. I didn't think so. THE GOOD THING is that WHEN YOU SIN, and confess it, He's faithful and just to forgive, and cleanse you from all unrighteousness 1 John 1:9.

I remember TD Jakes commenting on Rom 8:28-29 that, as you've matured in your Christian life, are your reactions to things that USED to "Set you off", now much LESS in control that they were when you were FIRST saved??? If so, Romans 8:29 is "Working"!!!

“He that committeth sin is of the devil...” (1 John 3:8, KJV)

I’m not of the devil and I hope you aren’t either…
No not of the devil we are Christians, look at the context.

No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. Vs. 6

The typical interpretation of this passage is that a person who continually or repeatedly sins is an unbeliever, whereas a believer can sin, but only on occasion.

Again as in verses 6—7, John emphasizes that those who live in consistent, habitual sin have no fellowship with Christ. If you're of the devil You're not a Christian.

Vs. 8 Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

He's faithful and just to forgive, and cleanse you from all unrighteousness 1 John 1:9.

So is this your license to sin?

Sin.

Confess.

Sin.

Confess.

Is that what you do?

Sounds like mocking God to me:

“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.” (Galatians 6:7-8, KJV)

So nothing then. I didn't think so. THE GOOD THING is that WHEN YOU SIN, and confess it, He's faithful and just to forgive, and cleanse you from all unrighteousness 1 John 1:9.

I remember TD Jakes commenting on Rom 8:28-29 that, as you've matured in your Christian life, are your reactions to things that USED to "Set you off", now much LESS in control that they were when you were FIRST saved??? If so, Romans 8:29 is "Working"!!!
I've always liked that verse especially the last two words "All Unrighteousness". That is so good to us, :love:

No not of the devil we are Christians

We have Christians here saying they commit sin.

The scripture says that he who commits sin is of the devil. There’s no exceptions in the text. And it’s the holy word for instruction to believers.

So is this your license to sin?

Sin.

Confess.

Sin.

Confess.

Is that what you do?

Sounds like mocking God to me:

“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.” (Galatians 6:7-8, KJV)
Well hello it's in the bible. Think of corruption as when your earthly father took you out to the woodshed. Saying that as Christians we Never seen sin is calling God a liar....It's in the bible!

Well hello it's in the bible.

So is every serious threat and action against sin that you don’t seem to care about.

There’s soo much documented in the holy scriptures regarding the mortal consequences of sin and then one verse from 1 John is supposed to nullify all of it?

The scripture in 1 John is for the unconverted. Not an invite for the saved to lay aside their cross and sin occasionally.

We have Christians here saying they commit sin.

The scripture says that he who commits sin is of the devil. There’s no exceptions in the text. And it’s the holy word for instruction to believers.
You're taking that out of context. We all fall short of the glory of God.

We won't have so much perfection till we're in heaven. If we had to send this perfection why would god leave us in his sinful world? Why not just take us home the minute we accept him as lord and savior?

Sanctification comes to mind.

We won't have so much perfection till we're in heaven

If you have a disposition to sin here and now (especially as a believer), you will sin in heaven too:

“For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness…” (2 Peter 2:4, KJV)

We won't have so much perfection till we're in heaven. If we had to send this perfection why would god leave us in his sinful world? Why not just take us home the minute we accept him as lord and savior?

Sanctification comes to mind.
Amen to that! Sanctification is how it works all right.

While we are positionally holy (“set free from every sin” by the blood of Christ, Acts 13:39), we know that we still sin (1 John 1:10). That’s why the Bible also refers to sanctification as a practical experience of our separation unto God. “Progressive” or “experiential” sanctification, as it is sometimes called, is the effect of obedience to the Word of God in one’s life. It is the same as growing in the Lord (2 Peter 3:18) or spiritual maturity.

God started the work of making us like Christ, and He is continuing it (Philippians 1:6). This type of sanctification is to be pursued by the believer earnestly (1 Peter 1:15; Hebrews 12:14) and is effected by the application of the Word (John 17:17). Progressive sanctification has in view the setting apart of believers for the purpose for which they are sent into the world: “As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified” (John 17:18–19). That Jesus set Himself apart for God’s purpose is both the basis and the condition of our being set apart (see John 10:36). We are sanctified and sent because Jesus was. Our Lord’s sanctification is the pattern of and power for our own.

The sending and the sanctifying are inseparable. On this account we are called “saints” (hagioi in the Greek), or “sanctified ones.” Prior to salvation, our behavior bore witness to our standing in the world in separation from God, but now our behavior should bear witness to our standing before God in separation from the world. Little by little, every day, “those who are being sanctified” (Hebrews 10:14, ESV) are becoming more like Christ.
GOT?

So is every serious threat and action against sin that you don’t seem to care about.

There’s soo much documented in the holy scriptures regarding the mortal consequences of sin and then one verse from 1 John is supposed to nullify all of it?

The scripture in 1 John is for the unconverted. Not an invite for the saved to lay aside their cross and sin occasionally.
I think in American Christianity the church takes sin lightly not seriously as you have pointed out in several passages.

If you have a disposition to sin here and now (especially as a believer), you will sin in heaven too:

“For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness…” (2 Peter 2:4, KJV)
Nope, That's not going to happen. Because after sanctification comes glorification. When we get to heaven our glorification will be complete. Notice the angels were cast down in other words they were already there when they followed satan and his rebellion.

We're here already but one day we will follow Jesus to the mansion that he's prepared for us in the wedding supper of the land. We'll see him face to face and be with him for eternity. And oh how grateful we will be.

Dear friend, I JUST QUOTED A TEXT THAT SAYS SIN IS POSSIBLE TO COMMIT IN HEAVEN. [pleading with great care]
Completely different circumstances that won't be repeated. Satan is a defeated foe. His last rebellion is happening right here right now and he's already lost that one because of the cross of Jesus Christ. As Believers we will all stand some day before the judgment seat of Christ.

But it seems to me that if one believed in sinless perfection here and now. How could that same individual believe that it's possible for us to sin in heaven?

It keeps getting deeper!!!! What's your "Work around" for 1 John 1:8??

But it seems to me that if one believed in sinless perfection here and now. How could that same individual believe that it's possible for us to sin in heaven?

Well.

I don’t want to seem as a downer to those genuinely in the faith with good intentions.

I could go on but I rather encourage everyone to get in those Bibles as frequently as possible. No one is good in their trade who doesn’t devote themselves to their craft.

Trust your translation. The devil takes advantage of our doubts.

Be sure about your translated Holy Bible.

Evil Spirits flee from you when you are reading God’s word.

Rebuke that voice of doubt when you read.

Back
Top Bottom