Sinless Perfection

What’s that got to do with anything?

I didn’t ask what kind of metaphor the verse was used in… it doesn’t matter.

Sure, make the problem texts not applicable…
If it's in the Bible... it matters. The problem with the Bible Verses you use as a proof text is there taken out of context so you're right they are non applicable.

What’s that got to do with anything?

I didn’t ask what kind of metaphor the verse was used in… it doesn’t matter.

Sure, make the problem texts not applicable…
You used Galatians 6:8 as a proof text and I responded.

Galatians 6:8 says, “For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.” This verse uses an agricultural metaphor to illustrate the consequences of living according to either our sinful nature or the Holy Spirit.

If you don't have the Holy Spirit living inside of you guiding and directing you, teaching you all things then you're not saved. If we live according to our sinful nature then we are not saved. When you're saved you're born again, you're a new creation. Sometimes we may stumble and fall but Jesus will help us get back up and on the right path.

That seems to be the standard comeback of those who do not want to be under the authority of the holy scriptures.
Well I'm sure you get it a lot and I understand the truth hurts. But you really shouldn't blame others for your lack of biblical interpretation. Just admit the truth because the truth will set you free.

The good news for me is I know when I fall short and I know how to Humbly ask god to forgive me. People that claim they never sin have no need of forgiveness because in their own minds they're perfect and without sin. It's a delusion. The problem of being deceived is that when you're being deceived you don't know it because you're deceived.

Welcome to fantasy island.

But you really shouldn't blame others for your lack of biblical interpretation

“Biblical interpretation”?

You aren’t supposed to interpret the scriptures.

You are supposed to read and obey.

Simple instructions that God gives require no search for “interpretations”.

Nowhere in scripture do you see God telling us to “interpret” his word. God didn’t make it complicated or hidden in dark speeches to search for an interpretation from a wise man. His instructions are “do this, don’t do that”. It’s that simple.

The only things that were hidden from man were all the prophecies regarding the coming Saviour in the Old Testament. And these things have been opened to us. Now all we need to do is obey the instructions regarding our behavior In holiness.

Any challenge to the fleshly behavior would naturally offend those who are given over to it. Any appeal to these instruction texts usually results in cries of “that’s out of context”.

But:

“These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly: But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.” (1 Timothy 3:14-15, KJV)

“Biblical interpretation”?

You aren’t supposed to interpret the scriptures.

You are supposed to read and obey.

Simple instructions that God gives require no search for “interpretations”.

Nowhere in scripture do you see God telling us to “interpret” his word. God didn’t make it complicated or hidden in dark speeches to search for an interpretation from a wise man. His instructions are “do this, don’t do that”. It’s that simple.

The only things that were hidden from man were all the prophecies regarding the coming Saviour in the Old Testament. And these things have been opened to us. Now all we need to do is obey the instructions regarding our behavior In holiness.

Any challenge to the fleshly behavior would naturally offend those who are given over to it. Any appeal to these instruction texts usually results in cries of “that’s out of context”.

But:

“These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly: But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.” (1 Timothy 3:14-15, KJV)
Incorrect. After you twist the scriptures around they definitely need an interpreter.

After you twist the scriptures around they definitely need an interpreter.

“Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.” (Ephesians 5:6, KJV)

Simple scripture.

It’s up to you to heed the simple warnings and stop the “interpretation” game.

Once you’re before the judgement, all these word and interpretation games will not work anymore.

Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?” Galatians 3:3

Paul’s encouragement was straightforward! The Philippians were to keep on walking the same walk and thinking the same thoughts. The language here is military. They were to “stay in line” behind the principles of the Word of God. They were to walk toward perfection. While we are not held responsible for sinless perfection, God does have that as His goal for us.

Listen to C. S. Lewis has to say.

That is why He warned people to “count the cost” before becoming Christians. “Make no mistake,” He says, “If you let Me, I will make you perfect. The moment you put yourself in My hands, that is what you are in for. Nothing less, or other than that.

You have free will, and if you choose, you can push Me away. But if you do not push Me away, understand that I am going to see this job through. Whatever suffering it may cost you in your earthly life … whatever it costs Me, I will never rest, nor let you rest, until you are literally perfect—until My Father can say without reservation that He is well pleased with you, as He said He was well pleased with Me.

This I can do and will do. But I will not do anything less.

David Jeremiah

“Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.” (Ephesians 5:6, KJV)

Simple scripture.

It’s up to you to heed the simple warnings and stop the “interpretation” game.

Once you’re before the judgement, all these word and interpretation games will not work anymore.
No one is deceiving you, you've managed to deceive yourself. For instance the great white throne of judgment. Do you think that's going to be like a criminal trial where we'll be able to put on their defense? That's more faulty interpretation. I'm not talking to God about it I'm talking to you about it.

I'm not worried about a simple warning there's no warning in this conversation. You're trying to stand up for some false doctrine by using a bunch of scriptures that don't come close to saying what you think they say.

You're trying to stand up for some false doctrine by using a bunch of scriptures that don't come close to saying what you think they say.

False accusations.

But look at this:

“He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning...” (1 John 3:8, KJV)

Of course this isn’t REALLY saying what it’s saying either, is it?

But I believe this scripture at FACE VALUE.

NO INTERPRETATION.

NO THINKING.

How about you?

:unsure:

Back
Top Bottom