Rapture Ready

Eleazar

According to my online dictionary, the word rapture means “an expression or manifestation of ecstasy or passion” and “being carried away by overwhelming emotion.” But the Bible tells us it means that millions of people will disappear from the face of the earth in less than a millisecond. And the purpose of that evacuation is to avoid horrific devastation. This evacuation will remove God’s people from the disastrous effects of coming earthquakes, fire, and global chaos.
The word Rapture is the Latin version of a phrase the Bible uses to describe the catching away of all Christians before the end times. The Lord will descend with a shout and a trumpet of God. All believers, living and dead, will suddenly meet the Lord in the air.

The focus of the Rapture is on looking at the event not from the viewpoint of those who remain, but from that of those who are evacuated. Before the period of the Tribulation breaks out, all true followers of the Lord will be caught up from the earth and right into the presence of the Lord. The Rapture will fulfill the promise He made to His disciples in John 14:1–3:
Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

Followers of Christ who are raptured will be spared the trauma of death and the coming disasters that will occur when the Tribulation breaks out upon the earth.

That is indeed a cause for true rapture on the part of those who love the Lord and long to be with Him. The New Testament indicates that the Rapture of those who have put their trust in Christ is the next major event on the prophetic calendar. In other words, the Rapture awaits us on the horizon . . . it could happen at any moment. This is the clear message of the Bible, and it is a truth I have taught consistently throughout my years of Bible study.

According to my online dictionary, the word rapture means “an expression or manifestation of ecstasy or passion” and “being carried away by overwhelming emotion.” But the Bible tells us it means that millions of people will disappear from the face of the earth in less than a millisecond. And the purpose of that evacuation is to avoid horrific devastation. This evacuation will remove God’s people from the disastrous effects of coming earthquakes, fire, and global chaos.
The word Rapture is the Latin version of a phrase the Bible uses to describe the catching away of all Christians before the end times. The Lord will descend with a shout and a trumpet of God. All believers, living and dead, will suddenly meet the Lord in the air.

The focus of the Rapture is on looking at the event not from the viewpoint of those who remain, but from that of those who are evacuated. Before the period of the Tribulation breaks out, all true followers of the Lord will be caught up from the earth and right into the presence of the Lord. The Rapture will fulfill the promise He made to His disciples in John 14:1–3:
Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

Followers of Christ who are raptured will be spared the trauma of death and the coming disasters that will occur when the Tribulation breaks out upon the earth.

That is indeed a cause for true rapture on the part of those who love the Lord and long to be with Him. The New Testament indicates that the Rapture of those who have put their trust in Christ is the next major event on the prophetic calendar. In other words, the Rapture awaits us on the horizon . . . it could happen at any moment. This is the clear message of the Bible, and it is a truth I have taught consistently throughout my years of Bible study.
The so-called 7 year tribulation after the rapture is disproved by Jesus' words in John 5:28-29 - "Do not marvel at this; for an HOUR is coming, in which ALL who are in the tombs will hear His voice, and will come forth (the rapture or the resurrection of BOTH the righteous and the evil); those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a ressurection of judgment."
So ALL will be resurrected IN THE SAME HOUR! This is the 2nd coming of Christ, also called the last day. There will be no more days after that. No 7 year tribulation, no Millenium - it appears that the 1000 years is symbolic of the time we are now in, in which Christ is ruling - remember He said "All authority has been given unto Me in heaven and on earth." Matthew 28:18 We are currently reigning with Him! God has "seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:6 Satan has been bound - "through death He might render POWERLESS him who had the power of death, that is the devil, ..." Hebrews 2:14 "The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil." 1 John 3:8 "Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out." John 12:31 By faith, Satan has no power against those of us who walk by the Spirit.

Key Scriptures to Help us Through The End Times

ANXIETY / WORRY

Cast your burden on the LORD, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.
PSALM 55:22

“Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.”
MATTHEW 6:25–34

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
PHILIPPIANS 4:6–7

Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
1 PETER 5:7

DIRECTION / GUIDANCE

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.
PSALM 32:8

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the LORD upholds him with His hand.
PSALM 37:23–24

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
PSALM 119:105

Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left.
ISAIAH 30:21

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
JAMES 1:5

FEAR

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”
JOSHUA 1:9

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
PSALM 23:4

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea.
PSALM 46:1–2

“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”
ISAIAH 41:10

But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you.”
ISAIAH 43:1–2

FORGIVENESS

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. When I kept silent, my bones grew old through my groaning all the day long. For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me; my vitality was turned into the drought of summer. Selah. I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,” and You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
PSALM 32:1–5

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities.
PSALM 103:2–3

He will again have compassion on us, and will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea.
MICAH 7:19

And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.
EPHESIANS 4:32

“Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”
HEBREWS 10:17

GOD’S LOVE

Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You.
PSALM 63:3

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
JOHN 3:16

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
ROMANS 5:8

Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
ROMANS 8:37–39

HEAVEN

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”
JOHN 14:1–3

But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
1 CORINTHIANS 2:9

For here we have no continuing city, but we seek the one to come.
HEBREWS 13:14

Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne.
REVELATION 4:2

And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.
REVELATION 22:1–5

HOPE

Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God.
PSALM 42:11

Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
ROMANS 5:5

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
ROMANS 15:13

Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
HEBREWS 10:23

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
1 PETER 1:3

PEACE

The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
PHILIPPIANS 4:7

I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.
PSALM 4:8

You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.
ISAIAH 26:3

“Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
JOHN 14:27

The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.
PHILIPPIANS 4:9

Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all.
2 THESSALONIANS 3:16

PRAYER

“In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.”
MATTHEW 6:9–13

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints.
EPHESIANS 6:18

Pray without ceasing.
1 THESSALONIANS 5:17

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
HEBREWS 4:16

Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.
1 JOHN 5:14–15

TRUST

And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for You, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You.
PSALM 9:10

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him.
PSALM 28:7

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust.”
PSALM 91:1–2

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
PROVERBS 3:5–6

The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD shall be safe.
PROVERBS 29:25

David Jeremiah, After the Rapture: An End Times Guide to Survival

The so-called 7 year tribulation after the rapture is disproved by Jesus' words in John 5:28-29 - "Do not marvel at this; for an HOUR is coming, in which ALL who are in the tombs will hear His voice, and will come forth (the rapture or the resurrection of BOTH the righteous and the evil); those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a ressurection of judgment."
So ALL will be resurrected IN THE SAME HOUR! This is the 2nd coming of Christ, also called the last day. There will be no more days after that. No 7 year tribulation, no Millenium - it appears that the 1000 years is symbolic of the time we are now in, in which Christ is ruling - remember He said "All authority has been given unto Me in heaven and on earth." Matthew 28:18 We are currently reigning with Him! God has "seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:6 Satan has been bound - "through death He might render POWERLESS him who had the power of death, that is the devil, ..." Hebrews 2:14 "The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil." 1 John 3:8 "Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out." John 12:31 By faith, Satan has no power against those of us who walk by the Spirit.
the Change paul describes, when His souls meet Him on the clouds, is about to happen..

any day now
His Souls will be rescued from this foreign land....
as our exodus and our transfiguration

.... what the exodus (upon this earth) foreshadowed...

Bring it on I'm ready! The vanishing of millions of people from the face of the earth, won't that be a wake up call?
The Bible says, “Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.” 1 Thessalonians 4:17

Exit stage left!

and the sons will restore paradise with Christ
and all of us sons and daughters will return here with Christ to witness and comfort many of jacob
who had been left behind

All of jacob, so very hurt by the tribulation situation...
of being left behind... will understand, and will come to Him
and after their death will return to paradise

Bring it on I'm ready! The vanishing of millions of people from the face of the earth, won't that be a wake up call?
The Bible says, “Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.” 1 Thessalonians 4:17

Exit stage left!
No actually, it will be too late for a wake up call, because Jesus said that BOTH the believers AND the unbelievers will be resurrected IN THE SAME HOUR! He made that very clear in John 5:28-29. The idea that the unbelievers are raised later is bogus.

The Bible teaches that the Rapture of the Church could occur at any moment. Are you ready?

I disagree. According to the chronology in Matthew 24 and Revelation 6 and 7, the rapture occurs when the great tribulation is cut short and Jesus returns. So there are signs that would precede His return and the rapture.

While we will have the signs of the beginning of the great tribulation, we will not know the day or hour of His return. Jesus says that for the sake of the elect, the great tribulation will be cut short, but we don't know how short.

Last edited by a moderator:
No actually, it will be too late for a wake up call, because Jesus said that BOTH the believers AND the unbelievers will be resurrected IN THE SAME HOUR! He made that very clear in John 5:28-29. The idea that the unbelievers are raised later is bogus.
Nor does the Bible say that Christians will vanish or disappear. In the true rapture of the church, at His 2nd coming, we will NOT disappear, we will be caught up (not made invisible) to meet the Lord in the clouds in the air - we will be visible, just like He will be visible to BOTH believers AND NONBELIEVERS -every eye will seem Him and many will see us too, as we will see them. Did Jesus disappear when He ascended to the Father? No, He was lifted up into the clouds and they were gazing at Him. - Acts 1:9-10
Christians disappearing is the invention of dispensationalists, as is a "rapture" seven years before Christ's 2nd coming, and the tribulation, and a separate resurrection for unbelievers and a 1000 year millennium on earth with Jesus reigning in Jerusalem.
Dr. David Jeremiah was indoctrinated in dispensationalism at Dallas Theological Cemetery, where all the dispensationalists go to receive degrees in false doctrine.

Last edited:
I disagree. According to the chronology in Matthew 24 and Revelation 6 and 7, the rapture occurs when the great tribulation is cut short and Jesus returns. So there are signs that would precede His return and the rapture.

While we will have the signs of the beginning of the great tribulation, we will not know the day or hour of His return. Jesus says that for the sake of the elect, the great tribulation will be cut short, but we don't know how short.
And that means Jesus comes to gather His Church AFTER... the tribulation, like He showed in Matthew 24 and Mark 13.

So I don't know why anyone would want to go against what He Himself showed there... because a pre-trib rapture is the direct opposite of what Lord Jesus taught in those chapters?

26 Bible Verses About the Rapture​

The following verses provide encouraging information regarding Jesus’ imminent return and the Rapture of the Church.
In these three verses, Jesus assures believers of a place in His Father's house and promises to return for them.

John 14:1-3
“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also."
In these eight verses, Paul speaks of the resurrection, the transformation of believers, and the ultimate victory over death through Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:51-58
"Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”
“O Death, where is your sting?
O Hades, where is your victory?”
The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

In these three verses, Paul describes the return of the Lord, the resurrection of the dead in Christ, and the rapture of living believers to be with Him forever.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words."

In these nine verses, Jesus warns about the unpredictability of His return, comparing it to the suddenness of the flood in Noah's time, and emphasizes the need for readiness and vigilance.

Matthew 24:36-44
“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
"For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left.
"Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect."

In this verse, Jesus promises to return for His followers after preparing a place for them, ensuring they will be with Him.

John 14:3
"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also."

In this verse, Zephaniah warns of the imminent and intense nature of the "day of the Lord," where even the strong will be distressed.

Zephaniah 1:14
"The great day of the Lord is near;
It is near and hastens quickly.
The noise of the day of the Lord is bitter;
There the mighty men shall cry out."

In this verse, Paul anticipates a crown of righteousness from the Lord, promised to all who await Christ's return.

2 Timothy 4:8
Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

26 Bible Verses About the Rapture​

The following verses provide encouraging information regarding Jesus’ imminent return and the Rapture of the Church.
In these three verses, Jesus assures believers of a place in His Father's house and promises to return for them.

You SKIPPED what Jesus Himself taught about when He comes to gather His saints per the Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 Scripture...

Matt 24:29-31
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
KJV

Mark 13:24-27
But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
And then shall He send His angels, and shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
KJV

WHY... did you just BYPASS those above Scriptures by The Lord Jesus Christ?? They are the clearest declaration that He gave of WHEN He comes to gather His Church.

Back
Top Bottom