Newtonian eschatology

They were previously addressed.

How many times do you require their discussion before you recognize that you're just beating a dead horse?

Moreover, how many times do you want to be told that I'm not interested in arguing with you about your views?
There are multiple ops you have not addressed

and multiple arguments along with that.

PS if you are not interested why do you post?

There are multiple ops you have not addressed
Wlow.
So, apparently it's unacceptable to you that I don't come beat down your claims?
and multiple arguments along with that.
Sounds like you're complaining that I don't chase around the forum and play whack-a-mole with you.
PS if you are not interested why do you post?
Apparently you never grasped the concept that we who come to this, and other forums get to choose and decide which topics we engage in.

This is something you really want to learn.

I was engaging in your ops.
After several.... probably upwards of a couple dozen..... I came to the awareness that you don't actually care about understanding any other views.

You felt it apropos to berate, mock and demean. After getting this from atheists and calvinists over on another forum, I have grown weary of such behavior and find it counterproductive to biblical conversations.

You obviously have no problem with it, so I'm done.

These discussions have to be of value to me for me to be interested and involved.
At a certain point, a few years ago, I realized that sitting around arguing with people who I'm trying to encourage is just not interesting.
According to Ephesians 4, Romans 12, and elsewhere, my job in the body of Christ is to encourage, build up and strengthen.
when people take that as a beating or feel the need to argue about it, I find myself wondering why am I doing this to myself. They clearly don't want it. They're satisfied with their own ideas.

I'll continue to converse with others, post topics of interest to me. But jerkness is not something I'm interested in anymore.

Not because I can't handle it. I simply have no more interest in it.

Last edited:
Wlow.
So, apparently it's unacceptable to you that I don't come beat down your claims?

Sounds like you're complaining that I don't chase around the forum and play whack-a-mole with you.

Apparently you never grasped the concept that we who come to this, and other forums get to choose and decide which topics we engage in.

This is something you really want to learn.

I was engaging in your ops.
After several.... probably upwards of a couple dozen..... I came to the awareness that you don't actually care about understanding any other views.

You felt it apropos to berate, mock and demean. After getting this from atheists and calvinists over on another forum, I have grown weary of such behavior and find it counterproductive to biblical conversations.
Pointing out your failure to engage with scripture is not demeaning or berating. It is simply noting the facts

You obviously have no problem with it, so I'm done.

These discussions have to be of value to me for me to be interested and involved.
At a certain point, a few years ago, I realized that sitting around arguing with people who I'm trying to encourage is just not interesting.
According to Ephesians 4, Romans 12, and elsewhere, my job in the body of Christ is to encourage, build up and strengthen.
when people take that as a beating or feel the need to argue about it, I find myself wondering why am I doing this to myself. They clearly don't want it. They're satisfied with their own ideas.

I'll continue to converse with others, post topics of interest to me. But jerkness is not something I'm interested in anymore.

Not because I can't handle it. I simply have no more interest in it.
So you say. I will leave to the readers to form their own opinions

Pointing out your failure to engage with scripture is not demeaning or berating. It is simply noting the facts
I've already been through this with you.
At this point you really are sounding desperate for attention.
Stop. It doesn't make you appear very mature.

So you say. I will leave to the readers to form their own opinions
Pity you don't.
You're chasing me around the forum, discussing your rightness on a topic that has absolutely nothing to do with this op.
This is exactly what the atheists over on the other forum do.

Last edited:
I've already been through this with you.
At this point you really are sounding desperate for attention.
Stop. It doesn't make you appear very mature.

Pity you don't.
You're chasing me around the forum, discussing your rightness on a topic that has absolutely nothing to do with this op.
This is exactly what the atheists over on the other forum do.
Chasing you?

You engaged me on a number of recent posts

but you never address the verses I post showing what the New Testament states will happen at Christs second advent

on his return we have universal judgment

Matthew 25:31ā€“46 (ESV) ā€” 31 ā€œWhen the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ā€˜Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.ā€™ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ā€˜Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?ā€™ 40 And the King will answer them, ā€˜Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.ā€™ 41 ā€œThen he will say to those on his left, ā€˜Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.ā€™ 44 Then they also will answer, saying, ā€˜Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?ā€™ 45 Then he will answer them, saying, ā€˜Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.ā€™ 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.ā€

and the assignment of eternal destinies

Universal resurrection

John 5:28ā€“29 (ESV) ā€” 28 Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

John 11:24 (ESV) ā€” 24 Martha said to him, ā€œI know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.ā€

the ushering in of new heaven and earth

2 Peter 3:4ā€“13 (ESV) ā€” 4 They will say, ā€œWhere is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.ā€ 5 For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, 6 and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. 7 But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly. 8 But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed. 11 Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, 12 waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn! 13 But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Christ turning his kingdom over to the father

1 Corinthians 15:22ā€“28 (ESV) ā€” 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. 24 Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For ā€œGod has put all things in subjection under his feet.ā€ But when it says, ā€œall things are put in subjection,ā€ it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him. 28 When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.

I thought this image might help you understand a bit more.

I'm not concerned enough to play your game of whack-a-mole.
Fails to change the fact you will not engage the scriptures which refute your eschatology
But that is your right

Fails to change the fact you will not engage the scriptures which refute your eschatology
But that is your right
You're on my op.
I determine what I choose to discuss.
Just like you choose what you want to discuss with your ops.
You don't get to go on other people's ops and demand they discuss what you want.
That my dear fellow servant of Jesus is known as entitlement.

You're on my op.
I determine what I choose to discuss.
Just like you choose what you want to discuss with your ops.
You don't get to go on other people's ops and demand they discuss what you want.
That my dear fellow servant of Jesus is known as entitlement.
I assumed you are capable of having read

But that is your right

Today, the church needs less elder sons lecturing the prodigal, and more with the heart of the father.
Ok.

Tell me about it.
Philippians 3:10-15 sounds like the heart of the Father kind of passage to me.

Phi 3:10-15 WEB 10 that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, becoming conformed to his death, 11 if by any means I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. 12 Not that I have already obtained, or am already made perfect; but I press on, that I may take hold of that for which also I was taken hold of by Christ Jesus. 13 Brothers, I donā€™t regard myself as yet having taken hold, but one thing I do: forgetting the things which are behind and stretching forward to the things which are before, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, think this way. If in anything you think otherwise, God will also reveal that to you.

Although, if we exclude the talking (anything that could be even remotely construed as lecturing), then we can simply do away with the internet discussion forums.

Perhaps you should read the many New Testament passages which prohibit your understanding.
Read new testament passages which prohibit my understanding.....
You'll have to list them.

I've never seen a passage which prohibits my understanding, and I've been reading the bible for a long long time.

Read new testament passages which prohibit my understanding.....
You'll have to list them.

I've never seen a passage which prohibits my understanding, and I've been reading the bible for a long long time.
Well then prove that by addressing ops already on this board which make that claim

Back
Top Bottom