Lord YHWH the N.T. affirms its Christ

civic

Jesus is the Lord in Joel, Isaiah and Jeremiah

Joel 2:27-32
27 "Thus you will know that I am in the midst of Israel,

And that I am the Lord your God,

And there is no other;

And My people will never be put to shame.

28 " It will come about after this

That I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind;

And your sons and daughters will prophesy,

Your old men will dream dreams,

Your young men will see visions.

29 "Even on the male and female servants

I will pour out My Spirit in those days.

30 "I will display wonders in the sky and on the earth,

Blood, fire and columns of smoke.

31 "The sun will be turned into darkness

And the moon into blood

Before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes.

32 "And it will come about that whoever calls on the name of the Lord

Will be delivered;

For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem

There will be those who escape,

As the Lord has said,

Even among the survivors whom the Lord calls.

Rom 10:9-13
9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED." 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Isa 45:21-24
Is it not I, the Lord?
And there is no other God besides Me,
A righteous God and a Savior;
There is none except Me.
22 " Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other.
23 "I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.
24 "They will say of Me, 'Only in the Lord are righteousness and strength.'

Phil 2:9-11
For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Rom 14:10-12
For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God. 11 For it is written,

" AS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME,

AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL GIVE PRAISE TO GOD."

12 So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God.

1 Cor 2:8-9
the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood; for if they had understood it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory

Jeremiah 17:10 the Lord says

"I the LORD search the heart, I test the mind. Even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings"

In Revelation 2:23 Jesus says
"I am He who searches the minds and hearts and I will give to each one of you according to your works"

So if Jesus is not God why would he claim to do something in Revelation that Yahweh claimed in Jeremiah?

So is it Yahweh or Jesus who searches hearts and minds?

The only name that can possibly be above all names is the name of YHWH. Even Non trinitarians are forced to agree with this one due to the fact that their own theology acknowledges that YHWH is greater in nature than Jesus. This means that Jesus shares the personal name and authority of YHWH, making Him God as no one can be equal to God except God alone.

hope this helps !!!

The Bible makes it so clear that Jesus is YHWH.

Isaiah 40:13
Who has directed the Spirit of the LORD,
Or as His counselor has informed Him?

The LXX of Isaiah 40:13 reads "mind of the Lord" (νοῦν κυρίου) instead of "Spirit" in many of our English Bibles.

Paul quotes from Isaiah 40:13 and applies YHWH from this passage in reference to God.
Romans 11:34
For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who became His counselor?

Paul's believe that the Lord Jesus is God (YHWH) is seen in that he elsewhere quotes from Isaiah 40:13 and applies YHWH from this passage in equality to Jesus.
1 Corinthians 2:16
For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he will instruct Him?
But we have the mind of Christ.

Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (TDNT): "But we have the nous of Christ." The statement concludes a section in which reference is consistently to pneuma, and therefore one might have expected pneuma. But Paul is influenced by the preceding quotation from Is. and therefore, equating kyrios and Christ, he writes nous. (2:820, echō, Hanse)

Peter quotes Psalm 34:8 (33:9 in the LXX) and applies YHWH from this passage in reference to the Lord Jesus in 1 Peter 2:3.

1 Peter 2:3-4
(3) if you have tasted the kindness of the Lord.
(4) And coming to Him as to a living stone which has been rejected by men, but is choice and precious in the sight of God.

There is one YHWH that is invisible in heaven and one visible on the earth, but they are one. This is important .. the God of Isreal is God, but in more than one person. And that one person is Jesus.

Jesus is the Lord in Joel, Isaiah and Jeremiah

Joel 2:27-32
27 "Thus you will know that I am in the midst of Israel,

And that I am the Lord your God,

And there is no other;
Given that the "I" refers to the only God, which is YHWH and is the singular pronoun, how in the world do you conclude that is referring to YHWH's son?

Given that the "I" refers to the only God, which is YHWH and is the singular pronoun, how in the world do you conclude that is referring to YHWH's son?
Because the NT interprets the OT. And the NT said those OT passages are about Christ the One Lord, Only Lord.

Because the NT interprets the OT. And the NT said those OT passages are about Christ the One Lord, Only Lord.
Not a one. Sure, the OT may indicate that God will be sending the Messiah but that does not mean that Jesus is God.

The Father of Jesus Christ is clearly God, but “God” is not just the Father. The Bible clearly shows that Jesus Christ, Son of God, has the attributes of God; in him dwells all God’s fullness (2Col 1:19; :9).

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are so often linked together in the New Testament as to raise the question, Why? What is the association between these names? Inquiring minds want to know.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Cor 13:14

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (Matt 28:19).

Notice that it is the name not names; the one name of God encompasses Father, Son, and Spirit. Furthermore, we don’t read, “in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the angels,” or “and of the apostles,” or the patriarchs, or Moses or the virgin Mary, and rightly so. The angels, patriarchs, apostles, Mary, and every other human being, no matter how commendable they may be for their faith, cannot be put in the same category as Father, Son, or Holy Spirit. Angels and humans are created beings and they are not God.

Here are some aspects of the relationships between the three.

Jesus does the work of his Father (John 5:36) by virtue of he and the Father mutually indwelling; the Father, living in Jesus, was doing his work (John14:10).

God works in his people, imparting various gifts; this is the work of the Spirit (1 Cor 12:6,11).

Sometimes the Spirit is called the Spirit of God, at other times the Spirit of Christ. (11Rom 8:9–11; Phil 1:19; Pet 1:11; John 4:2).

The Holy Spirit was sent from the Father and from the Son and in this way Jesus was said to be with them. There is an intimate working relationship between Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and what one does, the others are also involved with and said to also be doing because these three are one.

Yes, in him dwells God. This is not a statement of deity but of Jesus being like a container. In my container is good coffee. In Jesus’ container dwells God.
I'm sorry not trying to be offensive but that post cracked me up. :ROFLMAO: Okay I've calmed down now. Obviously our way of thinking on this topic is different, But it seems to me if God lived in Jesus.... dwelled in Jesus, that would qualify Him as being God In a bodily form.

I'm sorry not trying to be offensive but that post cracked me up. :ROFLMAO: Okay I've calmed down now.
What in the world are you apologizing for? I wrote it to be funny. The reason humor is funny is because it is true. Think about it.

But it seems to me if God lived in Jesus.... dwelled in Jesus, that would qualify Him as being God In a bodily form.
No. God is with us and in us. Does that make us God also? How many God’s do you subscribe to?

Peter quotes Psalm 34:8 (33:9 in the LXX) and applies YHWH from this passage in reference to the Lord Jesus in 1 Peter 2:3.

1 Peter 2:3-4
(3) if you have tasted the kindness of the Lord.
(4) And coming to Him as to a living stone which has been rejected by men, but is choice and precious in the sight of God.

Later within this same epistle Peter quotes from Psalm 34 again in reference to the Lord Jesus.
1 Peter 3:12
For the eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous, and His ears attend to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.

Psalm 34:15-16a (33:16-17a LXX)
(15) The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous
And His ears are open to their cry.
(16a) The face of the LORD is against evildoers.

Quickly following this, Peter quotes Hebrews 8:13 and applies YHWH from this passage in reference to the Lord Jesus in 1 Peter 3:15.

1 Peter 3:15
but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.

1 Peter 3:15
κύριον δὲ τὸν Χριστὸν ἁγιάσατε...
Isaiah 8:13 (LXX)
κύριον αὐτὸν ἁγιάσατε...

Notice further that the same Greek word for "Hallowed" (hagiazō) used in association with praying to the Father in Matthew 6:9 is also found in 1 Peter 3:15 in reference to the Lord Jesus. This proves the Lord Jesus is to be sanctified (hallowed) as Lord (YHWH) in our worship. It also disproves the false belief that in Matthew 6:9 Jesus was teaching only the Father is the proper recipient of prayer.

1 Corinthians 1:30-31
(30) But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and
(31) righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,
so that, just as it is written, "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."
1 Corinthians 15:31
I affirm, brethren, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
Jeremiah 9:23-24
(23) Thus says the LORD, Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches;
(24) but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things,” declares the LORD.

Paul applies YHWH ('kyrios' in the LXX) from Jeremiah 9:24 in reference to Jesus in 1 Corinthians 1:31.
This demonstrates the Lord Jesus is YHWH.

The same thing is taught in 2 Corinthians 10:17.

so we can take this as you cannot answer? did you not say the Lord Jesus is YHWH? see you messed up because YHWH, the "LORD" is also the "Father".

see the Word of GOD is Fire, and men answers are toilet paper.

101G.

so we can take this as you cannot answer? did you not say the Lord Jesus is YHWH? see you messed up because YHWH, the "LORD" is also the "Father".

see the Word of GOD is Fire, and men answers are toilet paper.

101G.

Incorrect spelling all over the place.
Ransom note responses.
Longwinded nonsensical responses.

No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom