How can there be so many different ways to get saved?

Peter simply told Cornelius' family and friends that God sent Jesus to Israel, preaching peace with God through Himself. He further recounted how Jesus was anointed with the Holy Spirit and power and He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil. Then the Jews crucified Him, but God raised Him on the third day, and certain selected people saw Him, especially the apostles who ate and drank with Him after He was raised from the dead. Then Jesus ordered them to preach that He is the ONE appointed by God to judge the living and the dead. Peter then said that all the prophets foretold that everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins.

That's all it took and we know they believed at that point, because the Holy Spirit fell on them.

This Catholic doctrine is just that - Catholic, not Christian, and not Bible truth.
Now read what I wrote. The mass. The Eucharist. Only The succession can preach truth. The church given power to decide disputes. The true Eucharist needed for eternal life. Not the fake protestant versions.

ALL of This is PROVABLY so in history from the begginning. Many sources show it was so.

And ir was so till Protestabts apostasized the true church and splintered it into thousands of bits as all of the. M decided only they knew true doctrine in complete opposition to what Jesus handed on by apostolic tradition.

If you care about the meaning of scripture - Start with a single question

Why did all the reformers disagree profoundly on what scripture means ?
And now their eponymous denominations - Lutherans , Calvinist’s even disagree profoundly with their reformer!!
How so if it is clear?

The answer is none of them wanted to abolish the pope - they wanted to be pope.

And Eucharistic miracle science proves only Catholics got it right about the Eucharist. So Jesus is trying to tell you something . Take the hint!

The Bible doesn't give us a formula for getting saved. If it did, then we could simply follow that formula and take credit for it. The Philippian jailor asked Paul and Silas, "What must I do to be saved?" Notice their answer. They did not tell him to do some physical thing. Rather they INTRODUCED HIM TO THE SAVIOR AND TOLD THEM TO BELIEVE IN HIM: "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, ..." Acts 16:30-31 In verse 32 they gave them more information about who Jesus was and what He said. They believed in Jesus - they were saved.

Remember the Jews in John 6:28 asked Jesus "What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?" Did he tell them to get baptized? No. Did He tell them to confess Him as Lord? No. Did He tell them to do good works? No. Did He tell them to become a member of a church? No. Did He tell them to believe a specific doctrine? No. Did He tell them to take communion? No Did He tell them to keep the ten commandments? No Did He tell them to obey the Law of Moses? No.

Jesus told them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent."

Jesus Himself IS salvation. He IS the purpose and meaning of life. He IS the Savior of the world, but only those who believe in Him will be saved. To be saved is to be introduced to Jesus, the Savior, and His words, and to believe Him and them. To trust Him as mankind's ONLY way into salvation, the only Truth to bring into salvation, and the ONLY life that is salvation - all of these will bring salvation to that person.

This is not a formula. This is an encounter with God in the flesh, to realize that He is humble, meek, righteous, merciful, pure in heart, a peacemaker, true, gracious, loving, the only atonement for our sins, to believe that He is all one needs in this life and the next, to be pleasing to God.
The formula is believe in Christ and you will be saved. The simplicity of the gospel message which Jesus taught in John 3:16-18.

Being humble to believe in Jesus? I guess you just backed up my point, But I said "Accessible to those who believe the Gospel and put their faith in it." So you ignored that and responded to "You can try and be humble and childlike in what you believe and just end up looking silly." and you prove that that point is valid, So how do think you can be humble to believe in Jesus?

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2 Chronicles 7:14:

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Proverbs 11:2:

"When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom."
Proverbs 15:33:

"Wisdom’s instruction is to fear the Lord, and humility comes before honor."
Proverbs 18:12:

"Before a downfall the heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor."
Proverbs 22:4:

"Humility is the fear of the Lord; its wages are riches and honor and life."
Micah 6:8:

"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
New Testament
Matthew 18:4:

"Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 23:12:

"For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."
Luke 1:52:

"He has brought down rulers from their thrones but has lifted up the humble."
Luke 14:11:

"For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."
Romans 12:3:

"For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you."
Philippians 2:3:

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves."
Colossians 3:12:

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."
James 4:6:

"But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: 'God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.'"
1 Peter 5:5-6:

"In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, 'God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.' Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time."

Thanks.

I sin everyday, when I get angry everyday at work. So much is not fair there. It's hard to talk about.
Eph 2:8,9 covers that. Salvation is by FAITH< and Faith comes from God Rom 10:17. FAITH IS NOT "Belief" (intellectual assent). It all STARTS with God who DRAWS PEOPLE TO JESUS. (John 6:44)

2 Chronicles 7:14:

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Proverbs 11:2:

"When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom."
Proverbs 15:33:

"Wisdom’s instruction is to fear the Lord, and humility comes before honor."
Proverbs 18:12:

"Before a downfall the heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor."
Proverbs 22:4:

"Humility is the fear of the Lord; its wages are riches and honor and life."
Micah 6:8:

"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
New Testament
Matthew 18:4:

"Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 23:12:

"For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."
Luke 1:52:

"He has brought down rulers from their thrones but has lifted up the humble."
Luke 14:11:

"For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."
Romans 12:3:

"For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you."
Philippians 2:3:

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves."
Colossians 3:12:

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."
James 4:6:

"But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: 'God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.'"
1 Peter 5:5-6:

"In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, 'God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.' Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time."

Thanks.
Why did you respond to that post with a wall of verses about being humble?

You think believers in Christ should NOT being humble-or meek?
Let's begin from there-

I replied to you saying

"God has made the gospel simple and accessible to those who are humble and childlike in their faith"

I am saying

God has made the gospel available to anyone who believes

You introduce nonsense

eg "You think believers in Christ should NOT being humble-or meek? Or maybe it is the first time you read these Imperatives?"

What is that all about
I introduce nonsense?

Do you want to have a dialogue without being -nonsensical?

I asked-which Church are you affiliated with? What is your set of beliefs re the core doctrines?
Well. you don't affiliate with a church johann you can become the church, The real church is Jesus body and he is the head

I don't know if you have enough time for my set beliefs but they don't mean anything for you unless they help you see the truth

I posted my core doctrine, maybe you missed it Jesus said "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Last edited:
Well. you don't affiliate with a church johann you can become the church, The real church is Jesus body and he is the head

I don't know if you have enough time for my set beliefs but they don't mean anything for you unless they help you see the truth

I posted my core doctrine, maybe you missed it Jesus said "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
Are you leaning to Reformed, or Arminian or-----you can fill in the blanks. There's a reason why I ask.

1. The Nature of God
Monotheism: The belief in one God who is the Creator of all things (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5).

Trinity: The understanding of God as three persons in one essence - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14).

2. Creation and Fall
Creation: God created the heavens and the earth and all that is in them (Genesis 1-2).
The Fall: Humanity's disobedience to God resulted in sin and separation from God (Genesis 3; Romans 5:12).

3. Jesus Christ
Incarnation: Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man (John 1:1, 14; Philippians 2:6-8).
Atonement: Jesus' sacrificial death on the cross provides the means for humanity's reconciliation with God (Romans 5:8-10; 1 Peter 3:18).
Resurrection: Jesus was raised from the dead, signifying victory over sin and death (1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Romans 6:9).

4. Salvation
Grace and Faith: Salvation is a gift of God’s grace, received through faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5-7).
Repentance and Baptism: Believers are called to repent and be baptized as an expression of their faith (Acts 2:38; Matthew 28:19).

5. The Holy Spirit
Indwelling: The Holy Spirit dwells within believers, empowering them to live godly lives (1 Corinthians 3:16; Romans 8:9-11).
Fruit of the Spirit: The Holy Spirit produces spiritual fruit in the lives of believers (Galatians 5:22-23).

6. The Church
Body of Christ: The Church is the community of believers, referred to as the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:12-27; Ephesians 1:22-23).
Great Commission: The Church is tasked with spreading the Gospel and making disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 1:8).

7. Scripture
Inspiration: The Bible is the inspired word of God, authoritative for faith and practice (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
Teaching and Correction: Scripture is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16).

8. Eschatology (End Times)
Return of Christ: Jesus will return to judge the living and the dead and establish His eternal kingdom (Matthew 25:31-46; Revelation 21:1-4).
Resurrection and Judgment: There will be a resurrection of the dead and final judgment (John 5:28-29; Revelation 20:11-15).
These core tenets shape the beliefs and practices of Christianity, providing a framework for understanding God’s relationship with humanity, the purpose of life, and the destiny of creation.

Correct?

Are you leaning to Reformed, or Arminian or-----you can fill in the blanks. There's a reason why I ask.

1. The Nature of God
Monotheism: The belief in one God who is the Creator of all things (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5).

Trinity: The understanding of God as three persons in one essence - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14).

2. Creation and Fall
Creation: God created the heavens and the earth and all that is in them (Genesis 1-2).
The Fall: Humanity's disobedience to God resulted in sin and separation from God (Genesis 3; Romans 5:12).

3. Jesus Christ
Incarnation: Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man (John 1:1, 14; Philippians 2:6-8).
Atonement: Jesus' sacrificial death on the cross provides the means for humanity's reconciliation with God (Romans 5:8-10; 1 Peter 3:18).
Resurrection: Jesus was raised from the dead, signifying victory over sin and death (1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Romans 6:9).

4. Salvation
Grace and Faith: Salvation is a gift of God’s grace, received through faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5-7).
Repentance and Baptism: Believers are called to repent and be baptized as an expression of their faith (Acts 2:38; Matthew 28:19).

5. The Holy Spirit
Indwelling: The Holy Spirit dwells within believers, empowering them to live godly lives (1 Corinthians 3:16; Romans 8:9-11).
Fruit of the Spirit: The Holy Spirit produces spiritual fruit in the lives of believers (Galatians 5:22-23).

6. The Church
Body of Christ: The Church is the community of believers, referred to as the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:12-27; Ephesians 1:22-23).
Great Commission: The Church is tasked with spreading the Gospel and making disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 1:8).

7. Scripture
Inspiration: The Bible is the inspired word of God, authoritative for faith and practice (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
Teaching and Correction: Scripture is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16).

8. Eschatology (End Times)
Return of Christ: Jesus will return to judge the living and the dead and establish His eternal kingdom (Matthew 25:31-46; Revelation 21:1-4).
Resurrection and Judgment: There will be a resurrection of the dead and final judgment (John 5:28-29; Revelation 20:11-15).
These core tenets shape the beliefs and practices of Christianity, providing a framework for understanding God’s relationship with humanity, the purpose of life, and the destiny of creation.

Correct?

I am standing with my armor and fighting gear on.....What is correct is you like to copy and paste a lot and then use ai when you get stuck.

I am standing with my armor and fighting gear on.....What is correct is you like to copy and paste a lot and then use ai when you get stuck.
You reached out to me and now you -with your panoplia-so you say, refuse to answer very simple and basic questions?
Johann is very far from "getting stuck" @Candle and just between us-maybe you should make use of AI-a very helpful tool that will help you dig a bit deeper and not getting stuck on a "one verse theology?"

Perhaps?

Later.
Johann.

There is only one way. (John 3:16; 14:6; Acts 16:31; Romans 5:1; Ephesians 2:8,9 etc..).
BINGO!!! When You're CONVICTED OF SIN by the Holy Spirit, that's the beginning of FAITH (God's WORD to you). Then you REPENT OF YOUR SIN and call out to God in FAITH for salvation whereupon you are indwelled by the Holy Spirit and CLEANSED of all your unrighteousness. NO OTHER path will get you there.

"Works" do come into play as you MATURE as a Christian. There is a "judgement of reward", where IN HEAVEN some aspect of your position/activities there will be determined by what you DID in life with what you were given. Salvation itself, however is NOT WORKS RELATED, and based on FAITH - period.

Back
Top Bottom