God requires man to HUMBLE THEMSELVES

One thing for sure, they know their bibles-just go to any Catholic Website.

He doesn't know how to make an meaningful argument at most any level. Catholics have been attacked longer than most any denomination in history. They don't mind being attacked. They know how to defend themselves well.

He doesn't know how to make an meaningful argument at most any level. Catholics have been attacked longer than most any denomination in history. They don't mind being attacked. They know how to defend themselves well.
Give credit where credit is due-I fully concur with you since they have internalized and memorized the Scriptures and don't need computers or any Bible Software-and very skillful in any debate re doctrines.

Sure I can. And did.

God, as their creator also created who they are. Which includes their desires. You don't choose your desires.
Nope you simply claimed it

One thing does not determine all things and you ignored scripture contrary to your view

James 1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.

1John 2:16 For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life3—is not from the Father but is from the world.

Jer. 32:35 They built the high places of Baal in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to offer up their sons and daughters to Molech, though I did not command them, nor did it enter into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

Is. 30:1 “Ah, stubborn children,” declares the LORD,
o“who carry out a plan, but not mine,
and who make pan alliance,1 but not of my Spirit,
that they may add sin to sin;

Gal. 5:7 you were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion is not from him who calls you.

1Cor. 14:33 For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.

1Cor. 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Rom. 11:23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again

Funny thing now that you have mentioned it-there is still a desire, globally, to do away with Christ Jesus, the cross, resurrection and the conviction of the Holy Spirit, the truth and the Scriptures.
Irrelevant to the issue

Where is the proof God caused the Jews desire to kill Christ.

Without it, there is no proof for compatibilism.

Nope you simply claimed it

One thing does not determine all things and you ignored scripture contrary to your view

James 1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.

1John 2:16 For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life3—is not from the Father but is from the world.

Jer. 32:35 They built the high places of Baal in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to offer up their sons and daughters to Molech, though I did not command them, nor did it enter into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

Is. 30:1 “Ah, stubborn children,” declares the LORD,
o“who carry out a plan, but not mine,
and who make pan alliance,1 but not of my Spirit,
that they may add sin to sin;

Gal. 5:7 you were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion is not from him who calls you.

1Cor. 14:33 For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.

1Cor. 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Rom. 11:23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again
This simply says that God Himself does not engage in temptation. But since God is the ultimate cause of all things, temptation exists as the result of His creation. It also doesn't preclude God using temptation for His own purposes.

For example it is impossible for God Himself to lie, but God approved an angel's plan to lie because it was part of His purpose.

This simply says that God Himself does not engage in temptation. But since God is the ultimate cause of all things, temptation exists as the result of His creation. It also doesn't preclude God using temptation for His own purposes.

For example it is impossible for God Himself to lie, but God approved an angel's plan to lie because it was part of His purpose.
Um this says more

He cannot both provide a way to escape temptation and determine you fall to it

Irrelevant to the issue? Brother, when you get your bearings together let me know.
Rather let me know when you are willing to address the actual issue

Where is the proof God caused the Jews desire to kill Christ.

Without it, there is no proof for compatibilism.

Um this says more

He cannot both provide a way to escape temptation and determine you fall to it
Why can't God provide a way to escape temptation and still determine that you are tempted?

In this scenerio, I would agree but God can and does change His mind.

If he didn't change His mind, He would forget our sins, forgive us, and etc.... etc...
Indeed

God is relational

Jeremiah 18:7–10 (KJV 1900) — 7 At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it; 8 If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them. 9 And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it; 10 If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

I edited my "why not?"

Why can't God provide a way to escape temptation and still determine that you are tempted?
OK let's look at this and see where Calvinism fails.

To whom is 1 Cor 10:13 speaking to. Let's even say it's speaking to Christians. To how many Christians? It would have to be all of them. Has to be for he's speaking to the universal body of Christ a message here to the church. So God has said it's his will for his children to escape from actually falling into temptation.

Has to be for he said he's provided a WAY OF ESCAPE from the yielding to it. Some however even Christians fall into sin. It was his will though that they would not so there you go. If that was his will then that's what would have been ordained according to Calvinist and nobody according to them can resist the will of God. And yet they did. Calvinism therefore fails.

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. 1 Cor 10:13

What should we do about pride in our lives? We need to humble ourselves before God. When you take a look at Scripture you see that either we humble ourselves, or God humbles us.

We meditate on who God is and how awesome he is, the first thing that should happen to us his humility. It's easier if we humble ourselves then to have God humble us,

The Bible tells us that if we will humble ourselves before God, He will exalt us. God does not forbid pride just because He is worried about His Sovereignty. He wants us to know Him, and He recognizes that pride gets in the way of our approaching God and relying on Him. That's what happened with Lucifer.

It is only through humility that we can come to know the God who is in heaven. Pride is a spiritual cancer. It eats up the very possibility of love in your life. It destroys your ability to love God and to love others.

If you don't know how to love life's not worth living.

Pride is the sin of hell. It is the one thing that can literally destroy your chance to succeed in life.

You have the choice. You can choose to puff yourself up, or you can choose love.

Back
Top Bottom