God requires man to HUMBLE THEMSELVES

What should we do about pride in our lives? We need to humble ourselves before God. When you take a look at Scripture you see that either we humble ourselves, or God humbles us.

We meditate on who God is and how awesome he is, the first thing that should happen to us his humility. It's easier if we humble ourselves then to have God humble us,

The Bible tells us that if we will humble ourselves before God, He will exalt us. God does not forbid pride just because He is worried about His Sovereignty. He wants us to know Him, and He recognizes that pride gets in the way of our approaching God and relying on Him. That's what happened with Lucifer.

It is only through humility that we can come to know the God who is in heaven. Pride is a spiritual cancer. It eats up the very possibility of love in your life. It destroys your ability to love God and to love others.

If you don't know how to love life's not worth living.

Pride is the sin of hell. It is the one thing that can literally destroy your chance to succeed in life.

You have the choice. You can choose to puff yourself up, or you can choose love.
There is no fun in that

Prov. 3:34 Toward the scorners he is scornful,
but to the humble he gives favor.

James 4:6 But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”

1Pet. 5:5 Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”

Matt. 23:12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Psa. 138:6 For though the LORD is high, he regards the lowly, but the haughty he knows from afar.

Luke 1:52 he has brought down the mighty from their thrones and exalted those of humble estate;

Luke 14:11 For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Luke 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

James 4:10
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.

1 Peter 5:6
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Daniel 10:12
Then he said to me, “Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand and humbled yourself before your God, your words have been heard, and I have come because of your words.

1 Kings 21:29
“Have you seen how Ahab has humbled himself before me? Because he has humbled himself before me, I will not bring the disaster in his days; but in his son's days I will bring the disaster upon his house.”

Zephaniah 2:3
Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land, who do his just commands; seek righteousness; seek humility; perhaps you may be hidden on the day of the anger of the Lord.

Micah 6:8
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Psalm 25:9
He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way.

Proverbs 11:2
When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom.

Proverbs 3:34
Toward the scorners he is scornful, but to the humble he gives favor.

Back
Top Bottom