Fundamentals of the Christian faith

I'm looking for some input on the Fundamentals of the Christian faith that I can post on our blog And or website. Your input would be greatly appreciated As we value what our members have to think and say.
The fundamentals of the Christian faith are key doctrines that form the foundation of Christian belief and practice. Here are the main points along with supporting Scriptures:

1. **The Existence of One God**
- **Scripture:** Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5; 1 Corinthians 8:4-6
- **Point:** There is only one God, who exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

2. **The Deity of Christ**
- **Scripture:** John 1:1-14; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:8
- **Point:** Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man. He is the second person of the Trinity who became incarnate.

3. **The Virgin Birth of Christ**
- **Scripture:** Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-35
- **Point:** Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary by the power of the Holy Spirit, fulfilling prophecy and demonstrating His divine nature.

4. **The Sinless Life of Christ**
- **Scripture:** 2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 4:15; 1 Peter 2:22
- **Point:** Jesus lived a sinless life, making Him the perfect sacrifice for the sins of humanity.

5. **The Atoning Death of Christ**
- **Scripture:** Isaiah 53:4-6; Romans 3:25; 1 John 2:2
- **Point:** Jesus' death on the cross provided the atonement for sin, reconciling humanity with God.

6. **The Bodily Resurrection of Christ**
- **Scripture:** Matthew 28:5-6; 1 Corinthians 15:3-8; Romans 4:25
- **Point:** Jesus rose from the dead on the third day, demonstrating His victory over sin and death and confirming His divine identity.

7. **Salvation by Grace Through Faith**
- **Scripture:** Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5-7; Romans 5:1-2
- **Point:** Salvation is a gift from God, received by faith in Jesus Christ, not by works.

8. **The Necessity of Repentance and Faith**
- **Scripture:** Mark 1:15; Acts 2:38; Acts 3:19
- **Point:** Repentance from sin and faith in Jesus Christ are necessary for salvation.

9. **The Indwelling of the Holy Spirit**
- **Scripture:** John 14:16-17; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- **Point:** The Holy Spirit indwells all believers, empowering them to live godly lives and sealing them for redemption.

10. **The Second Coming of Christ**
- **Scripture:** Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 22:12
- **Point:** Jesus Christ will return visibly and gloriously to judge the living and the dead and to establish His eternal kingdom.

11. **The Authority of Scripture**
- **Scripture:** 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Hebrews 4:12
- **Point:** The Bible is the inspired, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God.

12. **The Doctrine of the Trinity**
- **Scripture:** Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14; John 14:16-17
- **Point:** God is one in essence but exists in three co-equal, co-eternal persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

13. **The Church and Its Mission**
- **Scripture:** Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:42; Ephesians 4:11-13
- **Point:** The church is the body of Christ, called to make disciples of all nations, teaching and baptizing in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

These points outline the core beliefs that are generally accepted across various Christian denominations, providing a framework for understanding the essentials of the Christian faith.

Hope this is helpful.
Johann

Last edited:
The fundamentals of the Christian faith are key doctrines that form the foundation of Christian belief and practice. Here are the main points along with supporting Scriptures:

- **Point:** There is only one God, who exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

- **Point:** Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man. He is the second person of the Trinity who became incarnate.

3. **The Virgin Birth of Christ**
- **Scripture:** Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-35
- **Point:** Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary by the power of the Holy Spirit, fulfilling prophecy and demonstrating His divine nature.

4. **The Sinless Life of Christ**
- **Scripture:** 2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 4:15; 1 Peter 2:22
- **Point:** Jesus lived a sinless life, making Him the perfect sacrifice for the sins of humanity.

5. **The Atoning Death of Christ**
- **Scripture:** Isaiah 53:4-6; Romans 3:25; 1 John 2:2
- **Point:** Jesus' death on the cross provided the atonement for sin, reconciling humanity with God.

6. **The Bodily Resurrection of Christ**
- **Scripture:** Matthew 28:5-6; 1 Corinthians 15:3-8; Romans 4:25
- **Point:** Jesus rose from the dead on the third day, demonstrating His victory over sin and death and confirming His divine identity.

7. **Salvation by Grace Through Faith**
- **Scripture:** Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5-7; Romans 5:1-2
- **Point:** Salvation is a gift from God, received by faith in Jesus Christ, not by works.

8. **The Necessity of Repentance and Faith**
- **Scripture:** Mark 1:15; Acts 2:38; Acts 3:19
- **Point:** Repentance from sin and faith in Jesus Christ are necessary for salvation.

9. **The Indwelling of the Holy Spirit**
- **Scripture:** John 14:16-17; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- **Point:** The Holy Spirit indwells all believers, empowering them to live godly lives and sealing them for redemption.

10. **The Second Coming of Christ**
- **Scripture:** Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 22:12
- **Point:** Jesus Christ will return visibly and gloriously to judge the living and the dead and to establish His eternal kingdom.

11. **The Authority of Scripture**
- **Scripture:** 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Hebrews 4:12
- **Point:** The Bible is the inspired, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God.

12. **The Doctrine of the Trinity**
- **Scripture:** Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14; John 14:16-17
- **Point:** God is one in essence but exists in three co-equal, co-eternal persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

13. **The Church and Its Mission**
- **Scripture:** Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:42; Ephesians 4:11-13
- **Point:** The church is the body of Christ, called to make disciples of all nations, teaching and baptizing in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

These points outline the core beliefs that are generally accepted across various Christian denominations, providing a framework for understanding the essentials of the Christian faith.

Hope this is helpful.
Johann
can a person be saved if they do not believe one of the 13 points ? yes or no

which ones on that list are salvific ?

You have a Logos Bible Software-why don't you make use of it?
I have it and other software packages. When I'm doing a specific study I use it as a tool. But not on a daily basis I would rather did into the scriptures and compare scripture with scripture and build my beliefs that way. And I still enjoy reading a real hardbound book.

I have it and other software packages. When I'm doing a specific study I use it as a tool. But not on a daily basis I would rather did into the scriptures and compare scripture with scripture and build my beliefs that way.
Now this is me-if I had a Logos Bible Software or a Accordance software I would be like a Berean and daily search the Scriptures.

Now this is me-if I had a Logos Bible Software or a Accordance software I would be like a Berean and daily search the Scriptures.
I am a Berean - me, the Bible and the Holy Spirit.

The Bereans did not have software- they had the Bible alone

SOLA SCRIPTURA

hope this helps !!!

"the had the Bible alone"
Illogical reasoning.
They searched the scriptures read it below in Acts 17.

Acts 17:10-12- As soon as it was night, the believers sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. On arriving there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. 11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. 12 As a result, many of them believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men.

@civic,

The deity of Christ?
(the Deity)
the creator and supreme being (in a monotheistic religion such as Christianity)

now watch my Language..... "Christ made nor created nothing .... but the Lord Jesus did". did you understand my statement.

and two, if as you say, Christ is the, the, the, Deity then that conflicts with your point #1. when you used the definite article, then the Christ in Natural Flesh is made a "God" by you.

101G.

@civic,

The deity of Christ?
(the Deity)
the creator and supreme being (in a monotheistic religion such as Christianity)

now watch my Language..... "Christ made nor created nothing .... but the Lord Jesus did". did you understand my statement.

and two if, as you say, Christ is the, the, the, Deity then that conflicks with your point #1. when you used the definite article, then the Christ in Natural Flesh is made a "God" by you.

101G.
Jesus did not exist prior to His birth as a man. That was His human name given to Him. He was not ever called Jesus before His Incarnation.

next

Jesus did not exist prior to His birth as a man.
ERROR, the Lord Jesus always existed, but the CHRIST did not. for there was no NATURAL FLESH before Genesis 1:1 or at Genesis 1. and two Christ was BORN, but not the Lord "JESUS", who is NEVER BORN. two, yes, the Lord Jesus was a Man, per Isaiah 53:3 "He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not." THIS IS THE IMAGE, (MAN), THAT (GOD) WAS TO COME IN, PER GENESIS 1:26 & 27...... and Phil 2:6-8.

101G.

ERROR, the Lord Jesus always existed, but the CHRIST did not. for there was no NATURAL FLESH before Genesis 1:1 or at Genesis 1. and two Christ was BORN, but not the Lord "JESUS", who is NEVER BORN. two, yes, the Lord Jesus was a Man, per Isaiah 53:3 "He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not." THIS IS THE IMAGE, (MAN), THAT (GOD) WAS TO COME IN, PER GENESIS 1:26 & 27...... and Phil 2:6-8.

101G.
The Son always existed , not Jesus. The Son became Jesus as a human at a point in time in Bethlehem.

Next

The Son always existed , not Jesus. The Son became Jesus as a human at a point in time in Bethlehem.

Next
is that the Son of God, or the Son of Man? which one always existed.
The Son became Jesus as a human? consider this which answers the Son of God and Son of Man.... Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

now civic, who or what was born, and who or what was given?

101G.

Back
Top Bottom