ELI insurance policy

Corenlius didn't obey it and he still received the Holy Spirit which shows he is saved (1 John 4:13).
Sorry, but we have been over this before. The fact that Cornelius received the miraculous working of the Holy Spirit does not impact his salvation in any way. He was saved, his sins washed away, and be was made "in Christ" when he was water baptized at the end of Acts 10, not when he received the miraculous working earlier in the chapter.

And your confusion persists.
No confusion at all.
He received the Holy Spirit (Acts 10:47).
He received the miraculous working, but not the indwelling. The indwelling is a result of water baptism (Mark 16:16, Acts 2:38), something that man has to do (Matt 28:19).
It's sad you refuse to agree with what the Bible affirms.
I do not disagree with the Bible. I disagree with your interpretation of what the Bible says. As has been pointed out to you before, there is a difference between the miraculous power of the Holy Spirit and the indwelling of the Spirit. And God makes the distinction unclear in some places as to cause confusion in people like yourself, the same way He uses parables to make points so that people who are not lead by Him will not understand.

No confusion at all.

He received the miraculous working, but not the indwelling.

He received the Holy Spirit.
So yes, you are still confused.

More Greek-English lexicons agree with what I am affirming than what you are affirming.
In fact, I know of none that I agree with you.

Carry on with your fairy tales.

He received the Holy Spirit.
So yes, you are still confused.

More Greek-English lexicons agree with what I am affirming than what you are affirming.
In fact, I know of none that I agree with you.

Carry on with your fairy tales.
It does not matter how many man made books agree with you. They do not agree with Scripture, and Scripture is the only authority in Spiritual matters. To accept that Cornelius was saved (forgiven, justified) when the Holy Spirit poured His miraculous power on him would be to contradict many other passages of Scripture. Salvation is received during water baptism (something man does (Matt 28:19)), not "Spirit baptism" (which has only happened twice in all of history).

It does not matter how many man made books agree with you. They do not agree with Scripture,

But yet you are a man and want me to believe what you think about Scripture.

Your Greek expertise is not even in the same league with the level of what the Greek lexicons affirm.

Like I said, continue on with your fairy tales.

But yet you are a man and want me to believe what you think about Scripture.

Your Greek expertise is not even in the same league with the level of what the Greek lexicons affirm.

Like I said, continue on with your fairy tales.
No, I don't expect you to believe me. I expect you to read the Scripture and see the distinctions for yourself. But you are so locked into your fantasy that the miraculous works of the Spirit equate to the indwelling, that you cannot see truth standing in front of you. There are many gifts of the Holy Spirit, and only the indwelling of Him in our hearts equates to salvation. Judas had the miraculous works of the Holy Spirit, but he did not have the indwelling. The OT prophets had miraculous gifts from the Holy Spirit, but they did not have the indwelling. Today we have the indwelling, but we do not have the miraculous works. They are from the same Spirit, but completely different in function and purpose, and are not the same thing.

And the Scripture contains words, and these words are not defined based on our doctrine.
They are based on what they actually mean.
Correct, our doctrine is based on what the Word says. And our understanding cannot come from reading just a few verses. We must study ALL of Scripture in order to see the truth. And you are missing that truth in saying that receiving the Holy Spirit is the same in Acts 2:38 as it is in Acts 10.

Fred is an Acts(2:38) skipper just like the RCC taught him to be.
He is under her spell.
It would literally take a miracle to get him out of her spell.
This is uncanny to observe.

Fred is an Acts(2:38) skipper

Truther is an Acts 10 skipper.

He believes these Gentiles were unsaved even though they received the Holy Spirit.
He should not skip Romans 8:9; Galatians 3:2-3 and many other passages.
He can see post 62 for extra help to get him out of the cage he locked himself in.

Back
Top Bottom