Doctrine of Unconditional Election

You are mixing up the Predetermination/Election of the Cross with our Salvation and making a total mess of things.
Synergy, I have read this several times, and must confess I have clue what you are attempting to say ~ so I came to the conclusion, neither do you, or else, you would have made much more sense than you do with what you have said in this quote.

Maybe you can enlarge upon this, or at least tells me what are you trying to say. Before God, I'm not trying to be facetious.
Everything leading up to and including the Cross was predetermined.
Agreed, you certainly have not made something known that was even question by anyone on the other side of your arguments.
Stubbornly evil people who were in the path of the Cross had their hearts hardened so that the Cross would happen.

Acts 2:23

“Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:”
Coming back tomorrow the Lord willing and will consider this verse.

You are mixing up the Predetermination/Election of the Cross with our Salvation and making a total mess of things. Everything leading up to and including the Cross was predetermined. Stubbornly evil people who were in the path of the Cross had their hearts hardened so that the Cross would happen. From the OT (the Pharoah) to the NT (the mob around Christ's trial) they had their hearts hardened for the Cross to happen.

Now we're in Post-Cross times. The Cross has happened. We are now regenerated with the Holy Spirit to guide us. The OT Saints were not regenerated. Pentecost had not happened. Salvation is only now possible. As regenerated believers we are now predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ. We must be willing agents of that. It is our responsibility to act accordingly. It is a massive Calvinist error to be inert, do nothing, and expect God to zap you with regeneration because you happen to win the election lottery.

Romans 11:7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded. 8 Just as it is written:

“God has given them a spirit of stupor,
Eyes that they should not see
And ears that they should not hear,
To this very day.”
9 And David says:

“Let their table become a snare and a trap,
A stumbling block and a recompense to them.
10 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see,
And bow down their back always.”

Pretty sure this is after the cross.

Romans 11:7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded. 8 Just as it is written:

“God has given them a spirit of stupor,
Eyes that they should not see
And ears that they should not hear,
To this very day.”
9 And David says:

“Let their table become a snare and a trap,
A stumbling block and a recompense to them.
10 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see,
And bow down their back always.”

Pretty sure this is after the cross.
I don't see any reference to anyone being regenerated during OT times. Do you?

Synergy, I have read this several times, and must confess I have clue what you are attempting to say ~ so I came to the conclusion, neither do you, or else, you would have made much more sense than you do with what you have said in this quote.

Maybe you can enlarge upon this, or at least tells me what are you trying to say. Before God, I'm not trying to be facetious.

Agreed, you certainly have not made something known that was even question by anyone on the other side of your arguments.

Coming back tomorrow the Lord willing and will consider this verse.
Election is not always synonymous with Salvation. Which election are you talking about? There are different elections and different aspects of election. It's very easy to blend together the following types of elections into one massive mess to where nothing makes sense:
  1. Angels are elect. (1 Tim 5:21)
  2. There is election onto a vocation (i.e.: the good works that God has preordained for us). (Eph 2:10)
  3. Christ is God's Archetype Elect. (1 Pet 2:4)
  4. We inherit election "in Christ" (Eph 1:4) when are positioned "in Christ" by believing "in Christ" (Eph 1:13).
  5. There is the purpose of God according to election. (Rom 9:11; The Election of the Cross)
  6. There is election onto salvation. ( 2 Th 2:13)
  7. There is the Biblical fact that election is conditional on our diligence. (1 Pet 1:10)

Im showing you unconditional election, yet you cannot see it, I cant help you with that.
Totally unimportant. The Individual who's NOT a Christian, doesn't know if they're "Elect".
The Evangelist doesn't know if they're "Elect".
God shows mercy to SOME, and He HARDENS others, and nobody knows what God's criteria is, only that HE HAS some reason for one or the other.
The only way a person can possibly know whether they're "Elect or not, is AFTER they've been Born again of the Holy Spirit, and have become a Christian - in which case they were "Elect". IF they haven't been born again, either they're NOT "Elect", or it's not time for their conversion - yet. Just another "Theology" of little or no actual value.

You said that the blindness was intentional in order to lead to the cross. But this is after the cross.
My point is that the people God hardened were already stubbornly evil people or were people that God already foresaw as them choosing evil over good. God is not in the business of arbitrarily creating a reprobate/elect caste system or conducting a salvation lottery. Those people had already made their evil choice so God hardened them to solidify His Divine Decrees, with the Cross being His major plan among many others.

Last edited:
I don't see any reference to anyone being regenerated during OT times. Do you?
Have ever read with any understanding Hebrews 11? I think not! I may come back to this one post of yours later in the day or tomorrow, depending on how much time I have, the Lord willing~and I think he may be. Those godly saints, yes saints (holy ones) ~ neither you or myself are worthy to be compared to them.

Noah found GRACE in the eyes of the Lord in his unregenerate state, so you teach that God would fellowship with a man not born of the Spirit of God? Yet he tell us to have NO FELLOWSHIP with unfruitful workers of iniquities.

Ephesians 5:11

“And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.”
Abraham was a friend of God...according to you in his unregenerate state!

Job 34:8

“Which goeth in company with the workers of iniquity, and walketh with wicked men.”
So, does God go in the company of workers of iniquity and walks with wicked men? "Your doctrine" said that he does. I have many things for you to consider on this subject.

...........God shows mercy to SOME, and He HARDENS others, ...........
The only way a person can possibly know whether they're "Elect or not, is AFTER they've been Born again of the Holy Spirit, and have become a Christian - in which case they were "Elect". IF they haven't been born again, either they're NOT "Elect", or it's not time for their conversion.....
I was not sure what you meant by some of what you said, so I just omitted it~but, here you said some things that are very true. I would just add this: some may never come to know for different reasons known only to God~infants, feeble minded folks who are unable to process information, some who may never come under the sound of the word of God, yet live their life according to whatever light God allows them to have, or that's given to them. Many heathrens that have lived and are now living in this world falls under this. Conversion is nothing more than an extension of regeneration and that comes over years and is never perfected in this life.

Have ever read with any understanding Hebrews 11? I think not! I may come back to this one post of yours later in the day or tomorrow, depending on how much time I have, the Lord willing~and I think he may be. Those godly saints, yes saints (holy ones) ~ neither you or myself are worthy to be compared to them.

Noah found GRACE in the eyes of the Lord in his unregenerate state, so you teach that God would fellowship with a man not born of the Spirit of God? Yet he tell us to have NO FELLOWSHIP with unfruitful workers of iniquities.

Abraham was a friend of God...according to you in his unregenerate state!

So, does God go in the company of workers of iniquity and walks with wicked men? "Your doctrine" said that he does. I have many things for you to consider on this subject.
Typical false dichotomy.

There were many great acts of faith manifested by OT Saints before Pentecost, that's for sure, but there is still no explicit mention of regeneration even then. There's no doubt that the Holy Spirit was with believers before Pentecost. The problem is that the Holy Spirit was not yet in believers before Pentecost. See John 14:17.

(John 14:17) This is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him because he abides with you, and he will be in you.

John 14:17 mentions that there is a difference as to how the Holy Spirit was with believers before Pentecost as opposed to being in believers after Pentecost. Why the difference? The Cross. The Cross had to first eliminate the sin barrier between man and God before regeneration could occur.

Only by the Holy Spirit can you be regenerated (Holy Spirit in you) and the Holy Spirit was poured out only at Pentecost. Once Christ ascended into Heaven, only then did he pour out the Holy Spirit to all believers, not before. If there's another way to be regenerated other than by the Holy Spirit being poured out, then by all means do tell us.

That's why Pentecost was such a stupendous event. If people were being regenerated before Pentecost then Pentecost would have been just another day at the office.

Even though you claim you're not a calvinist, you certainly employ the same false dichotomy techniques they employ.

Have ever read with any understanding Hebrews 11?
Sorry Red but as I look upon how you view Heb 11 and other scriptures I detect your misunderstanding is evident.
I think not! I may come back to this one post of yours later in the day or tomorrow, depending on how much time I have, the Lord willing~and I think he may be.
When I read what you say next I'm assured the Lord doesn't have anything to do with what you would share.....AT LEAST on these particular subjects.

Those godly saints, yes saints (holy ones) ~ neither you or myself are worthy to be compared to them.
This right here demonstrates your great lack of understanding of something basic. I must acknowledge I don't believe even most Calvinists would make the mistake here you're making. Your whole perception of what they were Old Testament saints as compared to the Christian today is way out of line. You've elevated godly saints of the OT to a place that is not warranted.

First we are worthy and what makes us worthy is the blood of Jesus. It's the previous blood of Christ which has put any of us into a place of having a right standing with God. In OT times they had the blood of bulls, goats and lambs and their sin was covered not remitted but covered until after Christ rose from the dead. But they were not any more worthy than a New Testament Christian is today. Heb 11:38 does state,

The world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and mountains, and hid in caves and holes in the ground.39These were all commended for their faith, yet they did not receive what was promised. 40God had planned something better for us, so that together with us they would be made perfect.

But that's not talking about you as a Christian not worthy to be compared to them. And it's not saying they were saints and you are not or that you're something inferior. And look what it says about the Christian today, God planned something better for us so that together with us they would be made perfect. That certainly does not point to a thought that their holiness was such of a higher order than ours.

Totally unimportant. The Individual who's NOT a Christian, doesn't know if they're "Elect".
The Evangelist doesn't know if they're "Elect".
God shows mercy to SOME, and He HARDENS others, and nobody knows what God's criteria is, only that HE HAS some reason for one or the other.
The only way a person can possibly know whether they're "Elect or not, is AFTER they've been Born again of the Holy Spirit, and have become a Christian - in which case they were "Elect". IF they haven't been born again, either they're NOT "Elect", or it's not time for their conversion - yet. Just another "Theology" of little or no actual value.
Im showing you unconditional election, yet you cannot see it, I cant help you with that.

nope the saved are elect in Christ- corporately not individually- Christ is the Elect One- not you, me or anyone else.
This doctrine should be reconsidered...

Romans 8:29 For whom HE did foreknow, HE also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of HIS Son.
From this verse we can see that those HE did foreknow are not the same as the image of HIS Son...

ImCo,
The predestination of the elect is based on the foreknowledge of GOD. Now everyone admits that in this verse, the word “fore” means before earthly life. Therefore, they think that it also means before creation as if our earthly life was the same as our creation. I wonder if this is a valid and reasonable link to make?

To Foreknow:
GOD obviously does not before life know everybody since not everyone will become like Jesus, which Rom 8:29 defines predestination to mean. And Matthew 7:21– 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ which tells us what knowing means, emphasising the idea that loving is knowing and knowing about has no love.

James 2:19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder. Jesus obviously knew about the demons and knew about the miracle workers but this knowing contained no love as it is plain, He never knew them. This means that foreknow must carry the idea of approval. As one commentator stated it, “Whom HE foreknew” is virtually equivalent to “whom HE foreloved”.

Now this question comes to mind: if it is true that no one had been created at the time of this foreknowledge, on what basis does GOD "before life" love some and not the rest?

This would mean that there is no reason for HIS particular "before life" love. GOD's election / foreknowing is thus based on eenie, meenie, minie, mo, but how can you put your faith in a GOD like that? How much better to admit that we should start looking in some area we have not looked yet, and since we cannot find any of those, why not finally admit that we need a revelation from GOD to give us an infinitely loving answer to this problem?

Now, according to pre-conception existence theology, the "before life" love (foreknowledge) of GOD, that is, HIS pre-life approval of some and rejection of the rest was based on the prior uncoerced choice of the creature (in Sheol, before physical creation) and on HIS infinite love, which means that HE will never stop loving anyone who can possibly ever come to glorify HIM.

The reason why HE loved some "before this life" and why HE did not love the rest is found in their (our) response for or against HIM when He proclaimed to every creature under heaven HIS divinity and HIS gospel of salvation from sin, Col 1:23.

Some chose to eternally defile themselves and some did not. Some had decided to never ever fulfil HIS purpose (the heavenly marriage) and some were still able to fulfil HIS purpose, some willingly, (angels) and others only if HE was infallibly gracious (by election) to them (His fallen church). Yes, and He predestined these sinful people of HIS kingdom by their faith to be conformed to the image of HIS Son, and HE predestined the other sinful people of the evil one for the Day of Judgement, Jn 3:18, and established them for the correction of the fallen elect...Matt 13:29 ‘NO!’ he said, [postpone the judgement because...] ‘if you pull the weeds now, you might uproot the (sinful) wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest...that is, until the sinful elect give up their willingness to live with the evil of the reprobate and choose to be holy and in full accord with the judgement.

I was not sure what you meant by some of what you said, so I just omitted it~but, here you said some things that are very true. I would just add this: some may never come to know for different reasons known only to God~infants, feeble minded folks who are unable to process information, some who may never come under the sound of the word of God, yet live their life according to whatever light God allows them to have, or that's given to them. Many heathrens that have lived and are now living in this world falls under this. Conversion is nothing more than an extension of regeneration and that comes over years and is never perfected in this life.
SO you know nothing about being BORN AGAIN of the Holy SPirit, or being indwelled by Him (which is what makes you a Christian. "Regeneration" is a "Calvinist buzz word" of uncertain meaning (not salvation - but kind of a twilight state that leads to it apparantly) and I have no idea what your definition of "Conversion" is. but nothing you've said appears to have anything to do with Christianity.

John 6:37 A

That's why "world" cannot mean everyone without exception.

Your verse is Jesus, before the Cross, talking to Pharisees.

Notice this also..

"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.""

Nortice the context of those that are GIVEN? ?????

Its the BELIEVER....

And who is that?

Jesus said..."ALL that believe in me, i give unto you eternal life"..

And who is the "ALL"?

Jesus said....>"If i be lifted up (on the Cross).. i will draw ALL people to me". = John 3:16. "the WORLD" .

But not all will believe, because some will chose not to..

Like these JEWS.

"you are stiffnecked, just like your Father's who Crucified Your/The Messiah" and now you do the same .. You "willfully sin", you "trod underfoot the blood of Jesus" "you do despite to the spirit of Grace"..

A.) ON PURPOSE......= willfully

""So, i will take the Gospel to the Gentiles and they will believe it".

Back
Top Bottom