Did God, forsake Jesus on the cross?

He still was forsaken.

Jesus is claiming such on the cross, no matter how many times anyone suggest that he was not... they would be contradicting Yeshuas word,

"My Yahavah (God), My Yahavah (God), why have you forsaken me?"

Either it is true or false... people have to make up their own decision. It personally does not bother me of Christ leaving Yeshua, or God in Christ leaving Yeshua, to die on the cross...

(Many may suggest where is the scripture to prove this... sometimes you need to go by the Spirit of Yahavah, and not scripture.)

He never forgot about him, and Yeshua, did not stop continuing to love his Father, and give up his life for all people...

People tend to diminish what Yeshua had done greatly when they suggest that Yeshua was not forsaken at all.

this is sinking sand as the Spirit NEVER contradicts Scripture.

The Spirit, goes beyond the scripture... That is where you are using your relationship in faith to see what Yahavah would have you to see.

Hell dont you got against scripture when you say that "Jesus was not forsaken" When he says he is?

That seems a bit stupid.

The Spirit, goes beyond the scripture... That is where you are using your relationship in faith to see what Yahavah would have you to see.

Hell dont you got against scripture when you say that "Jesus was not forsaken" When he says he is?

That seems a bit stupid.
To quote your very words and rationale

Hell dont you got against scripture when you say that "Jesus in not God / YHWH" When he says he is?

That seems a bit stupid.

To quote your very words and rationale

Hell dont you got against scripture when you say that "Jesus in not God / YHWH" When he says he is?

That seems a bit stupid.

Youre foolish to say that Yeshua is Yahweh. You are wrong. But you can believe whatever you want about that sir. God died on the cross, then... Why is Jesus saying God is forsaken him?

Your also wrong when you diminish the words of Yeshua, about knowing the true God, and the one whom he had sent...

You diminish Yeshua, and Yahavah alot when you disregard them... It's saddening to me... to see it happen so often.

That seems a bit stupid.

What does I will NEVER leave you or FORSAKE you mean to you ?

Does never mean never ? yes or no

Psalm 22:24
For he has not despised or scorned the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.

Luke 23:46 Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." When he had said this, he breathed his last.

John 16:32 "A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me."

Hebrews 5:7 During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.

Jesus' promise to the thief on the cross that today you will be with Me in Paradise reaffirms Jesus went to be with the Father and not suffer in hell as some teach.

Jesus bearing God's “cup of wrath” and being despised and forsaken by the Father and Him turning His back on the Son is not found in Scripture.

In Matthew 26:39, Jesus says, "If it be your will, let this cup pass from me." Jesus tells us precisely what the cup was. It was the cup of his suffering, which meant that He would die an agonizing death as a martyr. In the passage below, Jesus told His disciples that they would also drink of the same "cup":

Matthew 20:17-
Now Jesus was going up to Jerusalem. On the way, he took the Twelve aside and said to them, 18 “We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death 19 and will hand him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!”20 Then the mother of Zebedee’s sons came to Jesus with her sons and, kneeling down, asked a favor of him. 21 “What is it you want?” he asked. She said, "Grant that one of these two sons of mine may sit at your right and the other at your left in your kingdom."22 “You don’t know what you are asking,” Jesus said to them. “Can you drink the cup I am going to drink?” “We can,” they answered. 23 Jesus said to them, “You will indeed drink from my cup, but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared by my Father.”

1Thessalonians 5:9-For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.

As we see above it was not the cup of wrath Jesus was speaking about but it was the suffering He was going to have to endure for our sins. God has not appointed us to wrath and the cup means the suffering of Jesus and that the disciples would also suffer death as martyrs. In fact, many scriptures testify that believers too will suffer persecution for being a follower of Jesus. Suffering persecution is a promise for a believer who follows Jesus, it is something we should expect to happen in our life.

2 Timothy 3:12- Yes, and everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.

John 15:20 Remember the word that I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will persecute you as well; if they kept My word, they will keep yours as well.

Matthew 5:10 - Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

2 Corinthians 4:9- persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.

Deuteronomy 4:31
For the LORD your God is a merciful God; He will not abandon you or destroy you or forget the covenant with your fathers, which He swore to them by oath.

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid or terrified of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you."

Deuteronomy 31:8
The LORD Himself goes before you; He will be with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid or discouraged."

Joshua 1:5
No one shall stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so will I be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.

Hebrews 13:5-
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, for God has said: "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you."

Romans 8:35
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or distress or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?

Psalm 9:10
And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee

Psalm 37:25, 28

I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread: For the LORD loves justice and will not forsake His saints. They are preserved forever, but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off.

Isaiah 41:17- The poor and needy seek water, but there is none; their tongues are parched with thirst. I, the LORD, will answer them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them

I believe Gods word above in everyone of these passages, do you ?

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:
Jesus was left on the cross. I don’t care how many scriptures you give, @civic. Scriptures do not make a matter happening any different…. You continue to assert that Yeshua was not forsaken… when he is crying out to his God about being forsaken

You continue to assert that other scripture talks about this point here. None of it does… so sorry… either this was a fulfilled prophecy that came true… or… people just continue to assert other meanings that are not there.

The reader has to decide, and just because you assume you have an answer doesn’t mean you always have a helpful one, my friend.

God forsakes nobody.
He's not going to say to humans "I will never leave nor forsake you" and then turn and forsake His only begotten Son who's dying/died on a cross.
This is inconsistent with His nature no matter the vain thoughts of men.

@MatthewG - the answer has already been given to this question and after reaching the correct conclusion it seems to me that continued discussion to prove otherwise is like beating a dead horse.
Men try so very hard to bring their own vain thoughts into discussion on a teaching of Scripture that no matter if the rightly dividing of Scripture or the clear mandate of Scripture declares or states something that contradicts someone's personal belief, they disregard the Scripture to push their own vain conclusions as the right understanding on the question of doctrine even when Scripture says otherwise.

As a Christian who has the Spirit of Truth dwelling within us, we are supposed to read and study the bible so that we may bring our lives in line with God's instructions and commands. Scripture is supposed to tell us what to believe, we are not supposed to tell Scripture what it is supposed to say based upon our incomplete or false understanding. I just ended a discussion with another member who continued to maintain their understanding on a question of the bible who just didn't want to accept what the Scripture clearly said that contradicted them. It just blows my mind, and it makes me wonder whether the person is truly a born-again Christian when they do that. I wonder if I'll ever get whiplashed because I'm always shaking my head in disbelief.

God forsakes nobody.
He's not going to say to humans "I will never leave nor forsake you" and then turn and forsake His only begotten Son who's dying/died on a cross.
This is inconsistent with His nature no matter the vain thoughts of men.

@MatthewG - the answer has already been given to this question and after reaching the correct conclusion it seems to me that continued discussion to prove otherwise is like beating a dead horse.
Pinata still has yet to pop.
Men try so very hard to bring their own vain thoughts into discussion on a teaching of Scripture that no matter if the rightly dividing of Scripture or the clear mandate of Scripture declares or states something that contradicts someone's personal belief, they disregard the Scripture to push their own vain conclusions as the right understanding on the question of doctrine even when Scripture says otherwise.
Sure. People can believe all kinds of messed up things. Though many people out there from organizations like Mormonism, Catholicism, Jehovah Witness, etc... who all believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Yeshua, whether they have all the information down correctly or not, is irrelevant. They do believe that Yahavah raised Yeshua up from the dead. Now whether a person believes they must do certain things to achieve salvation, those things can be talked about by virture of sharing the bible with someone willingly to consider...
As a Christian who has the Spirit of Truth dwelling within us, we are supposed to read and study the bible so that we may bring our lives in line with God's instructions and commands. Scripture is supposed to tell us what to believe, we are not supposed to tell Scripture what it is supposed to say based upon our incomplete or false understanding.
Have I shown that there is a incomplete or false understanding concerning Yahavah, Yeshua's God, Yeshua's Father, forsaking the Lord Yeshua? The reason why, I believe is because Yahavah by his holy spirit could not indwell the sin which Yeshua had become before his decision to give up his own life was made.
I just ended a discussion with another member who continued to maintain their understanding on a question of the bible who just didn't want to accept what the Scripture clearly said that contradicted them.
Is it a contradiction if Yeshua, states that his Father is greater than he is, yet people continue to assert them as co-equal?
It just blows my mind, and it makes me wonder whether the person is truly a born-again Christian when they do that. I wonder if I'll ever get whiplashed because I'm always shaking my head in disbelief.

It does not bother me personally what God chose to do in forsaking Yeshua, in which he does cry out in so showing in action "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me. This was the first time, that Yahavah, and his Word, were separated... in which Yeshua gave up his life in his body taking on sin, before dying...

I understand you have reached your conclusion. That is good. It wasnt me that was saying I had been forsaken, it was Jesus...

Even if it was for a moment of time...

Though some relate this to context concerning Israel, God was going to forsake them for having killed the Son of God on the cross. Yahavah also was going to pour out his wrath of the Nation of Israel, in my opinion, with Jesus being forsaken for a moment of time, being separated from his Father, in death... it was for great mercies, which Yahavah would gather even Yeshua back up from the dead, you could even say even His own Word back up from the dead...

If your concern if a person is born again or not... well, what are the fruits of the labors of the individual? Are they for bad, and for hatred, and for evil? Or are they purely of peace, sound mind, and of the Holy Spirit of Yahavah?

Sometimes its hard to tell, but anything that I have stated that is bad and no good, people should throw away and hold on to the things which are good, and are of the spirit, and to seek out in faith the one whom they choose to serve in faith, looking to the Heavenly Father, whom rewards us in heavenly blessings by and through spiritual means and much less by and through the material aspects of life by and through the Spirit given to people which resides in peoples hearts which is Yahavah, God, our Father indwelling us, as he had done his Son, so long ago, by and through the holy spirit which expresses Yahavahs love, by allowing God to work in and through us...

Of course... if one is willing. :) Hope you can rest your worries.

Pinata still has yet to pop.
Sure. People can believe all kinds of messed up things. Though many people out there from organizations like Mormonism, Catholicism, Jehovah Witness, etc... who all believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Yeshua, whether they have all the information down correctly or not, is irrelevant. They do believe that Yahavah raised Yeshua up from the dead. Now whether a person believes they must do certain things to achieve salvation, those things can be talked about by virture of sharing the bible with someone willingly to consider...
Those religions you mention did not have "everything down correctly." It comes down to what is true about the One True God and that is His revelation of Himself to His people the Hebrews. The revelation of the Trinity of God did not find its fullest expression until the Advent of the Son. Before that it was God and His Spirit. Then comes this Jew who claimed the title of Deity and the eventual evidence that came out in the process of time. It says in the Torah "thou shalt have no other gods before Me" and what did Jesus do? He claimed many attributes of Deity, even calling upon the people worship that belongs to God alone. But the one Scripture that ended the discussion that Jesus Christ was God is found in Timothy. To discount this declaration of the Deity of Jesus Christ being God is to join those religions you mentioned (Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, etc.), and a rejection of Jesus as God is evidence that such false beliefs result in these religions as being false:

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
1 Tim. 3:15–16.

It clearly says, "without controversy."
This means the discussion is over. It's a clear declaration that Christ came down from heaven as GOD in the flesh. If Jesus was not God, then He could save nobody. The Devine Name is given to the Lord Jesus Christ and He was prophesied as such:

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:
And the government shall be upon his shoulder:
And his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God,
The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6.

Unbelief that Jesus Christ is God is just that: unbelief.
Have I shown that there is a incomplete or false understanding concerning Yahavah, Yeshua's God, Yeshua's Father, forsaking the Lord Yeshua? The reason why, I believe is because Yahavah by his holy spirit could not indwell the sin which Yeshua had become before his decision to give up his own life was made.
What you fail to understand about the Son of God is the fact that although He is One Person there are two natures: God and Man. It was the Man that got tired, was hungry, did not know everything, and even on the cross the Man cried out not the Deity for the Deity can never be separated from the Father. Nor did the Father forsake His Son.
God cannot deny God.
Is it a contradiction if Yeshua, states that his Father is greater than he is, yet people continue to assert them as co-equal?
There are two words translated "greater."

1. μείζων (meizōn) - This word typically conveys the comparative degree of "greater" or "larger."
  2. μέγας (megas) - This word generally means "great" or "large" and can also be translated as "greater" in certain contexts.
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [megas] works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. Jn 14:11–12.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.
John 10:28–29.

One example of the Greek word "μείζων" (meizōn) being used in the New Testament is found in Matthew 12:6:

6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater [meizon] than the temple. Mt 12:6.

In this verse, Jesus is speaking, emphasizing that something superior or greater than the temple is present. The word "greater" is translated from the Greek "μείζων" (meizōn), conveying the comparative sense of superiority or excellence.

There is a difference. One denotes "superiority", the other in "quantity." Ever hear of supermarkets advertising "Mega" in their ads? Such as "Blockbuster" because there is more to be had.
It does not bother me personally what God chose to do in forsaking Yeshua, in which he does cry out in so showing in action "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me. This was the first time, that Yahavah, and his Word, were separated... in which Yeshua gave up his life in his body taking on sin, before dying...
That's right. He BODY, meaning His flesh. Although Jesus the Man died, the Deity (Christ) did not. And the Hypostatic Union teaches that Deity was was submitted "under" the Man Jesus.
I understand you have reached your conclusion. That is good. It wasnt me that was saying I had been forsaken, it was Jesus...

Even if it was for a moment of time...

Though some relate this to context concerning Israel, God was going to forsake them for having killed the Son of God on the cross. Yahavah also was going to pour out his wrath of the Nation of Israel, in my opinion, with Jesus being forsaken for a moment of time, being separated from his Father, in death... it was for great mercies, which Yahavah would gather even Yeshua back up from the dead, you could even say even His own Word back up from the dead...

If your concern if a person is born again or not... well, what are the fruits of the labors of the individual? Are they for bad, and for hatred, and for evil? Or are they purely of peace, sound mind, and of the Holy Spirit of Yahavah?

Sometimes its hard to tell, but anything that I have stated that is bad and no good, people should throw away and hold on to the things which are good, and are of the spirit, and to seek out in faith the one whom they choose to serve in faith, looking to the Heavenly Father, whom rewards us in heavenly blessings by and through spiritual means and much less by and through the material aspects of life by and through the Spirit given to people which resides in peoples hearts which is Yahavah, God, our Father indwelling us, as he had done his Son, so long ago, by and through the holy spirit which expresses Yahavahs love, by allowing God to work in and through us...

Of course... if one is willing. :) Hope you can rest your worries.
Pay attention.

The general understanding is that this cry does not indicate an actual abandonment or forsaking of Jesus by God the Father. Instead, it is interpreted as Jesus expressing the profound sense of separation from God that he experienced as he bore the weight of humanity's sins upon himself.
In that moment, Jesus, who was without sin, took upon himself the sins of humanity, and in doing so, experienced the separation from the Father that sin brings. It is seen as a fulfillment of prophecy, as Psalm 22:1 begins with the same words, and the Psalm goes on to describe the suffering and vindication of the righteous sufferer.
So, while the cry expresses deep anguish and a sense of abandonment, it is understood within Christian theology as part of the sacrificial act of Jesus, rather than an actual forsaking by God the Father.

If the Father ACTUALLY had forsaken the Son at His greatest need that would set the precedent that God can forsake us and that cannot be done. Love does not forsake. Love envelops.
The anthropocentric belief is that the Father abandoned or forsook the Son. The theocentric understanding is that the Son taking the sin of the world experienced that sin which brings separation of man from God, but never did sin separate God from man.
And this was the purpose of creating a people created sinful separated from God, it was God who bridged that separation through the Son resulting in man in God, or as the verse says, "hid in Christ" (Deity.) Sinful man cannot be hid in Christ, only a holy, righteous atoned man can be hid in Christ.
If you look at it with a carnal mind which is what you are doing, then you will come away with the belief that the Father forsook the Son.
Reform your thinking.

Those religions you mention did not have "everything down correctly." It comes down to what is true about the One True God and that is His revelation of Himself to His people the Hebrews. The revelation of the Trinity of God did not find its fullest expression until the Advent of the Son. Before that it was God and His Spirit. Then comes this Jew who claimed the title of Deity and the eventual evidence that came out in the process of time. It says in the Torah "thou shalt have no other gods before Me" and what did Jesus do? He claimed many attributes of Deity, even calling upon the people worship that belongs to God alone. But the one Scripture that ended the discussion that Jesus Christ was God is found in Timothy. To discount this declaration of the Deity of Jesus Christ being God is to join those religions you mentioned (Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, etc.), and a rejection of Jesus as God is evidence that such false beliefs result in these religions as being false:

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

This means the discussion is over. It's a clear declaration that Christ came down from heaven as GOD in the flesh. If Jesus was not God, then He could save nobody. The Devine Name is given to the Lord Jesus Christ and He was prophesied as such:

What you fail to understand about the Son of God is the fact that although He is One Person there are two natures: God and Man. It was the Man that got tired, was hungry, did not know everything, and even on the cross the Man cried out not the Deity for the Deity can never be separated from the Father. Nor did the Father forsake His Son.
God cannot deny God.

1. μείζων (meizōn) - This word typically conveys the comparative degree of "greater" or "larger."
  2. μέγας (megas) - This word generally means "great" or "large" and can also be translated as "greater" in certain contexts.
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [megas] works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. Jn 14:11–12.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.

One example of the Greek word "μείζων" (meizōn) being used in the New Testament is found in Matthew 12:6:

6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater [meizon] than the temple. Mt 12:6.

In this verse, Jesus is speaking, emphasizing that something superior or greater than the temple is present. The word "greater" is translated from the Greek "μείζων" (meizōn), conveying the comparative sense of superiority or excellence.

There is a difference. One denotes "superiority", the other in "quantity." Ever hear of supermarkets advertising "Mega" in their ads? Such as "Blockbuster" because there is more to be had.

That's right. He BODY, meaning His flesh. Although Jesus the Man died, the Deity (Christ) did not. And the Hypostatic Union teaches that Deity was was submitted "under" the Man Jesus.

Pay attention.

The general understanding is that this cry does not indicate an actual abandonment or forsaking of Jesus by God the Father. Instead, it is interpreted as Jesus expressing the profound sense of separation from God that he experienced as he bore the weight of humanity's sins upon himself.
In that moment, Jesus, who was without sin, took upon himself the sins of humanity, and in doing so, experienced the separation from the Father that sin brings. It is seen as a fulfillment of prophecy, as Psalm 22:1 begins with the same words, and the Psalm goes on to describe the suffering and vindication of the righteous sufferer.
So, while the cry expresses deep anguish and a sense of abandonment, it is understood within Christian theology as part of the sacrificial act of Jesus, rather than an actual forsaking by God the Father.

If the Father ACTUALLY had forsaken the Son at His greatest need that would set the precedent that God can forsake us and that cannot be done. Love does not forsake. Love envelops.
The anthropocentric belief is that the Father abandoned or forsook the Son. The theocentric understanding is that the Son taking the sin of the world experienced that sin which brings separation of man from God, but never did sin separate God from man.
And this was the purpose of creating a people created sinful separated from God, it was God who bridged that separation through the Son resulting in man in God, or as the verse says, "hid in Christ" (Deity.) Sinful man cannot be hid in Christ, only a holy, righteous atoned man can be hid in Christ.
If you look at it with a carnal mind which is what you are doing, then you will come away with the belief that the Father forsook the Son.
Reform your thinking.
I dont believe I am looking at in by a carnal mind... Jesus, said My God My God, why have you forsaken me...

Why are you desirous to not accept that God forsake Jesus on the cross, ... but it was for only a moment of time...

Whats the big deal?

I dont believe I am looking at in by a carnal mind... Jesus, said My God My God, why have you forsaken me...

Why are you desirous to not accept that God forsake Jesus on the cross, ... but it was for only a moment of time...

Whats the big deal?
Because I know better.

I can recognize a lie.

Because I know better.

I can recognize a lie.
Do you feel better for letting me know what you, believe to be a lie? It seems many people “know” about this or about that… What difference is it between me and believing that Yahavah, within the Lord Yeshua, forsook the body … upon having taken on sin… by merit of Christ within Yeshua departing… and three days later, raising up, by the Holy Spirit of Yahavah was the Word, named Yeshua. Showing forth the promises which were to come concerning the Son of Man.

Everyone acts like me suggesting what Jesus is saying is a true happening, that it wasn’t a true departing, like say Yahavah leaving Yeshua, or departing or forsaken… wasn’t even possible… when it seems only reasonable that if Yeshua never came and fulfilled the Law, none of us would be even allowed to be adopted as Yahavahs children through the gospel, death, burial, and resurrection, born again spiritually by relationship with God, the Father, and fellowship with the Father and the Son.

Again, like I stated. Regardless how you see the situation, be it deeemed wrong or right, that is all it is. Wrong or right, and I’m not to big on letting any of those things bother me. Because you deem it to be wrong.

Jesus SAID THAT GOD FORSOOK HIM. Consequently, that's what happened.

Simple as that. I'll ask about the details later (if I even have to).

Everything else about it is nothing but "theology".
Not sure, if that is totally accurate but probably true, maybe so it is… you’re right.

'My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?
why art thou so far from helping Me,
and from the words of My roaring?

(Psa. 22:1)

'And about the ninth hour
Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying,
Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?
that is to say,
My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?

(Mat.27:46)

Hello @MatthewG,

Psalms 22, 23 & 24 relate to the suffering and the glory of 'The Man, Christ Jesus.' The psalm is Christ's prayer and plea on the cross. It begins with, 'My God, My God' and ends with, 'It is finished' and is related to Christ as the sin offering . The word, 'God' in Psa. 22:1 is the Hebrew, 'El', which relates to God as Almighty in relation to the creature; not Jehovah in covenant relation with His servant. It is a lamentation (a 'roaring').

The words of the Psalm and it's quotation in Matthew and Mark's gospel, must be viewed in the light of the above. It was as, 'The Man, Christ Jesus' that He was nailed to the cross, it was in the light of that title that it was said, 'My God, My God, why hast Thou Forsaken Me.' and it was God, as 'Almighty' (in relation to the creature) to Whom, 'The Man Christ Jesus', made this prayer, this plea.

* I see this as through a glass darkly, not fully understanding, or appreciating it's import, but I do think it is 'important' in regard to our interpretation and understanding of the words under review in this thread. For I believe the titles of Christ and of God used in Scripture are used with purpose, and should be taken into consideration.

God cannot deny God.

Pay attention.

Reform your thinking.
Thank you, @jeremiah1five

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Do you feel better for letting me know what you, believe to be a lie? It seems many people “know” about this or about that… What difference is it between me and believing that Yahavah, within the Lord Yeshua, forsook the body … upon having taken on sin… by merit of Christ within Yeshua departing… and three days later, raising up, by the Holy Spirit of Yahavah was the Word, named Yeshua. Showing forth the promises which were to come concerning the Son of Man.

Everyone acts like me suggesting what Jesus is saying is a true happening, that it wasn’t a true departing, like say Yahavah leaving Yeshua, or departing or forsaken… wasn’t even possible… when it seems only reasonable that if Yeshua never came and fulfilled the Law, none of us would be even allowed to be adopted as Yahavahs children through the gospel, death, burial, and resurrection, born again spiritually by relationship with God, the Father, and fellowship with the Father and the Son.

Again, like I stated. Regardless how you see the situation, be it deeemed wrong or right, that is all it is. Wrong or right, and I’m not to big on letting any of those things bother me. Because you deem it to be wrong.
There can be no breach between the Father and the Son, no division, no separation.
God is One. You don't understand it. We don't understand it. No one can understand the things belonging only to God.

4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
Dt 6:4.

Reform your thinking and bring it in compliance with the Word of God.

Back
Top Bottom