Are you Reprobate?

praise_yeshua

Lets' do the reprobate test......

Tit 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Does this match anyone here? Exactly what "good work" is on display in your life?

I often have to admit that I often see people claiming to be chosen while telling everyone else they can go straight to hell or endless claiming most everyone else is full of blasphemes. They never look at themselves. They never have empathy or self awareness of their own sin.

This brings to mind how they do the exact same things to Jesus.

Joh 10:32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Notice how Jesus handled them.....

Joh 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
Joh 10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

So how do we judge reprobates?

Like these Pharisees judged Jesus? Because I believe it is exactly how most every Calvinist here judges reprobates. Isn't it ironic?

A group of people endless telling others they have no hope in Christ. That they can't come to God till God comes to them. A group preventing others from entering the Kingdom of God just like these Pharisees.....

So who are the reprobates?

Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for you neither go in yourselves, neither suffer you them that are entering to go in.

How do you determine you're not reprobate?
how do you determine you are ? a reprobate mind in a mind void of any type chastisement .

The Greek word translated “reprobate” in the New Testament is adokimos, which means literally “unapproved, that is, rejected; by implication, worthless (literally or morally).”

Romans 1 is interesting to see how a reprobate mind comes about. Paul lays this out below in great detail where we see after they have rejected God over and over again after knowing God we read 3 times that " God gave them over to " several things and the final one being a " reprobate " mind.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

its my understanding if God has turned you over to a reprobate mind. that means you do not pass go you do not collect 200.00 and no Jail it means there is no chance of repenting no chance of salvation.. Big question is can a Christian be given over to a reprobate mind

its my understanding if God has turned you over to a reprobate mind. that means you do not pass go you do not collect 200.00 and no Jail it means there is no chance of repenting no chance of salvation.. Big question is can a Christian be given over to a reprobate mind
yes that's my view of Romans 1 as well. God is long-suffering but their becomes a point where He knows the human mind/will goes beyond the point of no return in hardness of heart and rebellion against God so He turns them over permanently to their sinful lusts/desires and in reality is giving them what they want- nothing to do with God.

Lets' do the reprobate test......

Tit 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Does this match anyone here?
are you implying that there are reprobate minds in the forum and your not ?

yes that's my view of Romans 1 as well. God is long-suffering but their becomes a point where He knows the human mind/will goes beyond the point of no return in hardness of heart and rebellion against God so He turns them over permanently to their sinful lusts/desires and in reality is giving them what they want- nothing to do with God.
lets take this a step farther 1st timothy 4 latter times some shall depart from the faith. giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. apostasy 1. are we seeing this 2. can the Christian fall into apostasy ? loaded question before you say yea make sure you have scripture to back it up

how do you determine you are ? a reprobate mind in a mind void of any type chastisement .

The Greek word translated “reprobate” in the New Testament is adokimos, which means literally “unapproved, that is, rejected; by implication, worthless (literally or morally).”

Yep. Sinners.

lets take this a step farther 1st timothy 4 latter times some shall depart from the faith. giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. apostasy 1. are we seeing this 2. can the Christian fall into apostasy ? loaded question before you say yea make sure you have scripture to back it up

Why are you adding to the Scripture? You're conflating. Reprobate is not found in 1 Timothy 4.

Notice the words "every good work reprobate".

The contrast is good works.

I think Romans 1 and in 1 Tim they are describing the same person/ mindset of the apostate/reprobate. As Romans 1 states they knew God but did not honor Him. And there are several threads on the topic of losing ones salvation or it being impossible. I'm not sure this is the thread to go down that road. I'll see where it goes or if @praise_yeshua wants to have that discussion in this thread.

Why are you adding to the Scripture? You're conflating. Reprobate is not found in 1 Timothy 4.
i am sorry i didn't know i needed your permission to take it a step farther. both fall under the same category and while they may not be the exact thing technically speaking . but the are in the same family BTW i am not politically correct or conflating correct .. thats a mighty big word you used there.

Back
Top Bottom