The "hearing" game that Calvinists play

You've matured and I don't say that in a disrespectful way. I can see a difference in your words. We don't have to agree on everything but I can rightfully recognize that you've spent time with God. Talent is rare in such things. Talent isn't always right but it certainly seeks to be. I admire that in others. Hear hear!

You've matured and I don't say that in a disrespectful way. I can see a difference in your words. We don't have to agree on everything but I can rightfully recognize that you've spent time with God. Talent is rare in such things. Talent isn't always right but it certainly seeks to be. I admire that in others. Hear hear!
In this far less hostile environment I am more free to be myself. Not that this environment is hostile, but you know how things were on that other site. Thank you for your words

It really is silly the lengths that some will go to ignore the obvious. One of the endless "talking points" of "Calvinism" is.....

"How do dead men hear?".......

Which is nothing more than a "red herring". We know because Paul actually answered himself in Romans 10:18 when dealing with the claims made against his Gospel.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard?

Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

Rom 10:19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.
Rom 10:20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.
Rom 10:21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

So the answer is right there in front of them to discern and understand. However, "they" prefer to insist they've been specially targeted to "hear" what everyone else has heard.

I believe we can easily recognize the self serving nature of such beliefs.

The answer is YES... everyone has heard.
In addition

John 5:25 (ESV) — 25 “Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.

Back
Top Bottom