Are we under any covenants?

Replacement Theology is the theology of Gentiles who for 1900 years have taught Gentiles have replaced covenant Israel in purposes of God concerning salvation.
I have never taught that. I am with Saul who said, "Hath God cast away His people whom He foreknew? God forbid!"

Israel will receive of God everything God promised Israel from Abraham to the New Covenant in Christ which is the Mosaic Covenant fulfilled.

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
Gal. 4:4–7.

That's it. Everything in a nutshell.

@Grace ambassador #OP
Precious friends, for your prayerful and Careful consideration:

"When the Bible speaks of covenants in the specific sense, it is speaking of the covenants given to God’s chosen nation Israel. No one today in the dispensation of Grace is a partaker of the covenants which are made between Israel and God.

- Hebrews 8:7 speaks of the first covenant and the second covenant given to Israel. The first covenant describes the Law as given to Israel at Horeb:

'The Lord our God made a covenant with us in Horeb' - Deuteronomy 5:2

- The second covenant, or ‘better covenant’, is the ‘new covenant’ also given to Israel (Heb 8:13, 12:24).

'For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord ... ' - Hebrews 8:10

- And again in Jeremiah:

“Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:” –

- Knowing that the covenants were given to Israel and Judah, Paul stated concerning his brethren according to the flesh, Israel,

'... to whom pertaineth the adoption and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the services of God, and the promises:...'
Romans 9:4

Gentiles and the Body of Christ

- The covenants were between God and Israel regarding their future redemption as spoken of by the prophets since the world began. However, Gentiles in time past as well as those in the body of Christ today are not a part of the covenants.

- Paul says,

'That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.' - Ephesians 2:12

- In order for a Gentile in time past to get the blessings of God they had to follow the provisions of the covenant. (See “Did Gentiles in the Old Testament get saved?” for more.) However, they were estranged from the covenants given to Israel.

- During the dispensation of Grace, believers receive the benefits of the redemptive work of Christ on the cross outside of any covenant relationship. It was purely by God’s grace that we receive eternal life and the blessings associated with salvation. Otherwise grace would not be grace (Romans 11:6).

- Today there is neither Jew nor Gentile. There is no special status before God for any nation today.

'For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that He might have mercy upon all.' - Romans 11:32
- Instead of a covenant providing the necessary terms of redemption, believers today are of the same body and partakers of the promise in Christ by the gospel of the grace of God (Eph 3:6, Titus 1:2-3). We receive the mercy and the grace of God apart from our adherence to any covenant given in time past, we receive it by faith (Romans 5:1, 8-10)."

(J Johnson, a fellow Grace ambassador)

Amen.
Hello @Grace ambassador, :)

What glorious provision has been made for those who believe the gospel of the grace of God, and have thereby placed their trust in the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 'Which raiseth the dead' (2 Cor. 1:9).

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

* Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus & Philemon (the prison epistles of Paul)
- Containing the truth concerning the Church which is The Body of Christ.

Last edited:
'Wherefore remember,
.. that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh,
.... who are called Uncircumcision
...... by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
That at that time ye were without Christ,
.. being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel,
.... and strangers from the covenants of promise,
...... having no hope, and without God in the world:
But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off
.. are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
.... For He is our peace,
...... Who hath made both one,
........ and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
.......... Having abolished in His flesh the enmity,
............ even the law of commandments contained in ordinances;
.............. for to make in Himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
And that He might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross,
.. having slain the enmity thereby:
.... And came and preached peace to you which were afar off,
...... and to them that were nigh.
For through Him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
.. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners,
.... but fellowcitizens with the saints,
...... and of the household of God;
........ And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets,
.......... Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone;
In Whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
In Whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.'

(Eph 2:11-22)

Praise God!

Last edited:
Replacement Theology is the theology of Gentiles who for 1900 years have taught Gentiles have replaced covenant Israel in purposes of God concerning salvation.
I have never taught that. I am with Saul who said, "Hath God cast away His people whom He foreknew? God forbid!"

Israel will receive of God everything God promised Israel from Abraham to the New Covenant in Christ which is the Mosaic Covenant fulfilled.

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Thats talking about the moral law of God, and the Gentiles are included, Paul made that clear in Chapter 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

This is the same thing spoken of in Gal 4:4-7

Thats talking about the moral law of God, and the Gentiles are included, Paul made that clear in Chapter 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

This is the same thing spoken of in Gal 4:4-7
The Moral Law was given to the children of Israel. There were no Gentiles present when God gave His Law to Israel. Gentiles try to include themselves into the Hebrew covenants any chance they get. But what Law does apply to all are the Noahic covenant laws. Big difference.

Saul in verse 13 is addressing Jews.
Verse 14 speaks of the Holy Spirit of Promise which is the blessing of Abraham. This does not speak of Gentiles being included in any Hebrew covenant. And it's important to identify what Gentiles are being referred to. Are they proselytes, God-Fearers? Both?

If you believe that you are Judah and Israel, her Jeremiah 31 in some spiritual way shape or form you teach a form of replacement theology. Jeremiah 31 and Hebrews 8 are both speaking to Israel and Judah at the return of Jesus Christ. It’s not even addressing Israel in Judah at the time, it was written.
It is specifically speaking to the Jews that see him who they pierced.

The Moral Law was given to the children of Israel. There were no Gentiles present when God gave His Law to Israel. Gentiles try to include themselves into the Hebrew covenants any chance they get. But what Law does apply to all are the Noahic covenant laws. Big difference.

Saul in verse 13 is addressing Jews.
Verse 14 speaks of the Holy Spirit of Promise which is the blessing of Abraham. This does not speak of Gentiles being included in any Hebrew covenant. And it's important to identify what Gentiles are being referred to. Are they proselytes, God-Fearers? Both?
It was given to them[National Israel] only administratively, it was given to all men in creation, Gods Moral Government, the Gentiles had it given to them by creation Rom 2:14-15

For when the Gentiles, which have not the law[administratively], do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another)

οἵτινες ἐνδείκνυνται τὸ ἔργον τοῦ νόμου γραπτὸν ἐν ταῖς καρδίαις αὐτῶν συμμαρτυρούσης αὐτῶν τῆς συνειδήσεως καὶ μεταξὺ ἀλλήλων τῶν λογισμῶν κατηγορούντων ἢ καὶ ἀπολογουμένων

Now Paul uses the definite article for the law written in their hearts, the gentiles, Paul is speaking of the Moral law, the same one given to the jews administratively at the Mount.

Because of the law of Creation. How did the Law get in their hearts? And as sinners theyre law breakers needing redemption with jewish lawbreakers who are sinners

If someone teaches that this is for the church, whether it be the first century church or today’s church, that it is for the church and not for future national Israel, they teach replacement theology.…

Hebrews 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

If someone teaches that this is for the church, whether it be the first century church or today’s church, that it is for the church and not for future national Israel, they teach replacement theology.…

Hebrews 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Paul preached this New Covenant to the Gentiles because its fulfilled in grafting them in, 2 Cor 3:5-8

5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

Corinth was predominantly a Gentile Assembly and Christ directed Paul there to minister the Covenantal Mercies to them Acts 18:8-11

8 And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.

9 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:

10 For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.

11 And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.

Paul preached this New Covenant to the Gentiles because its fulfilled in grafting them in, 2 Cor 3:5-8

5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

Corinth was predominantly a Gentile Assembly and Christ directed Paul there to minister the Covenantal Mercies to them Acts 18:8-11

8 And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.

9 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:

10 For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.

11 And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.
All that Paul and any of the apostles ever taught to the first century church is that we are included in a promise to someone else . This promise that we are included in was a future promise otherwise known as the millennial reign. We have a partial, dark glass experience, which is a small taste of what it’s like when Jesus returns. we don’t have a covenant nor do we have the full-blown experience with God. Noticed that Peter told them in Acts 2 that this is that which is spoken by the prophet Joel and then he continues talking about the end of the tribulation which would institute the second coming of Jesus. We are in just the beginning stages of that full implementation of the promised to come.

We have no covenant with God, but only the fathers have the covenant with God. We are grafted into their future promise. This promise of the future has not yet been fulfilled so we only have a dark glass, partial experience of this covenant that will be fully implemented at the return of Jesus Christ to the Jews in Israel.
This is why we have the Holy Ghost, a.k.a., the ministration of the Spirit right now. Because we won’t need it when Jesus is on earth. People will not receive the baptism of the Holy Ghost with speaking in tongues, doing miracle signs of wonders, nor will they cast out demons etc when Jesus reigns over the Earth for 1000 years. He will be here and everybody will be healed and set free.

All that Paul and any of the apostles ever taught to the first century church is that we are included in a promise to someone else . This promise that we are included in was a future promise otherwise known as the millennial reign. We have a partial, dark glass experience, which is a small taste of what it’s like when Jesus returns. we don’t have a covenant nor do we have the full-blown experience with God. Noticed that Peter told them in Acts 2 that this is that which is spoken by the prophet Joel and then he continues talking about the end of the tribulation which would institute the second coming of Jesus. We are in just the beginning stages of that full implementation of the promised to come.
Pauls Ministry of the New Covenant proves the Gentiles were included in the New Covenant Promises of Israel. Like here Jer 31:31-34

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

This is the Mystery Eph 3:4-6

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Pauls Ministry of the New Covenant proves the Gentiles were included in the New Covenant Promises of Israel. Like here Jer 31:31-34

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

This is the Mystery Eph 3:4-6

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
The only part of Jeremiah 31 that we are included into is found in Hebrews chapter 10 verses 15 through 17. That’s it. All the rest is for future national Israel at the return of Jesus Christ.
If we try to pretend that we are Judah and Israel, and that all witnessing is ceased, and everybody will know him from the least to the greatest among us we are a bunch of replacement theology teachers.

These crazy things they teach you in Bible school is how all of these old testament prophecies have multiple meanings. Everybody’s snagging them up to create a prophecy unto themselves.

Paul and the apostles only preached this part of the future new covenant to future national Israel…

15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Notice verse 15… Also… To us….

The rest of the passage is for future national Israel at the second coming of Jesus Christ. We are only included in this tiny minute part.(15-17).

If you believe that you are Judah and Israel, her Jeremiah 31 in some spiritual way shape or form you teach a form of replacement theology.
In Genesis, Exodus, and Jeremiah God made covenant with Abraham (Abrahamic Covenant), then with the children of Israel (Mosaic), and later through Jesus Christ (New Covenant) which is with the House of Israel and the House of Judah, and the biblical fact that God never made any covenant with Gentiles and that Gentiles are not named nor mentioned in any of the three Hebrew covenants, the interchange between Jesus and the Samaritan woman at the well teaches us that although half-Jew/half-Gentile, the woman is still the seed of Abraham and thus is still in covenant with God,
I lean towards the belief that since Israel had been scattered throughout the world several times (Assyrian, Babylonian, Roman, Nazi Germany) that there is a reasonable possibility that so-called and presumed Gentiles who are born again and received the Holy Spirit of Promise given to Israel that there is Hebrew blood in their family ancestry. Although this cannot be proven neither can it be disproven and relies only on Scripture, history, and reason. And I think I also have the Spirit of God (1 Cor. 7:40.)
Personally, as with Jeremiah and Saul, I believe I may be of the tribe of Benjamin.
Again, God made no covenant with Gentiles and yet it is known that Gentiles have been born-again and given the Holy Spirit of Promise that was promised TO ISRAEL. Non-Hebrew Gentiles have no business with the Holy Spirit of Promise since He was not promised to Gentiles. But IF they have Hebrew blood in their veins no matter the dilution, God is a God of Covenant and will and has kept all His promises to date given to Israel. I am still developing this position.

Jeremiah 31 and Hebrews 8 are both speaking to Israel and Judah at the return of Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ fulfilled the Mosaic Covenant. Israel practiced animal sacrifices and God sent His own sacrifice to die for and redeem those under the Law. This is Scripture. Nowhere does it say as clearly as that that Jesus died for Gentiles. The New Covenant IS the Mosaic Covenant fulfilled.
It’s not even addressing Israel in Judah at the time, it was written.
It is specifically speaking to the Jews that see him who they pierced.
Gal. 4:4–6.

There it is right there. Jesus came to redeem those under the Law and Gentiles were NEVER under the Law. That covenant was made between God and the children of Israel.
Do you accept truth, truther, or do you reject truth, truther?

It was given to them[National Israel] only administratively, it was given to all men in creation, Gods Moral Government, the Gentiles had it given to them by creation Rom 2:14-15
Let's test that:

The Holy Spirit of Promise was NEVER promised to Gentiles.
NEVER.
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law[administratively], do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another)
Adding your own words and interpretation to the Scripture and you end up with heresy.
I suppose sin and sin nature was only administrative, too, yes?
Give me a break.
οἵτινες ἐνδείκνυνται τὸ ἔργον τοῦ νόμου γραπτὸν ἐν ταῖς καρδίαις αὐτῶν συμμαρτυρούσης αὐτῶν τῆς συνειδήσεως καὶ μεταξὺ ἀλλήλων τῶν λογισμῶν κατηγορούντων ἢ καὶ ἀπολογουμένων

Now Paul uses the definite article for the law written in their hearts, the gentiles, Paul is speaking of the Moral law, the same one given to the jews administratively at the Mount.
If Saul teaches Gentiles are in the Hebrew covenants, then He's broken Scripture and is a false teacher. There are no Gentiles named or mentioned in any of the Hebrew Covenants beginning with Abraham where it says, "and your seed."
Gentiles do not come from Abraham's seed.
Another obstacle to your interpretation is the fact that the Holy Spirit of Promise was given to Israel, NOT Gentiles.
Because of the law of Creation. How did the Law get in their hearts? And as sinners theyre law breakers needing redemption with jewish lawbreakers who are sinners
There is no law of creation.
The Law is put in the inward parts of the children/House of Israel.
There are no Gentiles named or mentioned in Jeremiah 31:31-34. To add Gentiles hundreds of years later after the covenants were closed is to break Scripture and is lying about what the bible says.
Gentiles do that frequently.

The only part of Jeremiah 31 that we are included into is found in Hebrews chapter 10 verses 15 through 17. That’s it. All the rest is for future national Israel at the return of Jesus Christ.
If we try to pretend that we are Judah and Israel, and that all witnessing is ceased, and everybody will know him from the least to the greatest among us we are a bunch of replacement theology teachers.
Jer 31 the New Covenant is the Church as the House of Israel, thats the Mystery friend

Paul and the apostles only preached this part of the future new covenant to future national Israel…

15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Notice verse 15… Also… To us….

The rest of the passage is for future national Israel at the second coming of Jesus Christ. We are only included in this tiny minute part.(15-17).
Pauls ministry to the Gentiles reveals the Church is New Covenant Israel of Jer 31 its crystal clear

Let's test that:

The Holy Spirit of Promise was NEVER promised to Gentiles.
NEVER.

Adding your own words and interpretation to the Scripture and you end up with heresy.
I suppose sin and sin nature was only administrative, too, yes?
Give me a break.

If Saul teaches Gentiles are in the Hebrew covenants, then He's broken Scripture and is a false teacher. There are no Gentiles named or mentioned in any of the Hebrew Covenants beginning with Abraham where it says, "and your seed."
Gentiles do not come from Abraham's seed.
Another obstacle to your interpretation is the fact that the Holy Spirit of Promise was given to Israel, NOT Gentiles.

The Law is put in the inward parts of the children/House of Israel.
There are no Gentiles named or mentioned in Jeremiah 31:31-34. To add Gentiles hundreds of years later after the covenants were closed is to break Scripture and is lying about what the bible says.
Gentiles do that frequently.
Did God write the Law on the hearts of the Gentiles here Rom 2 14-15

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

Thats silly, of course the law existed at creation, or else how could there be the transgression ? Did not Adam transgress ? Rom 5

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Thats what sin is duh 1 Jn 3 4

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

If there was no law in the beginning, it could not have been a transgression Rom 5

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Rom 4 15

Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Now was Adam a Jew ? NO. Did he and his posterity in him transgress the Law ? Yes

Back
Top Bottom