Anti-PSA—explain to me how the Blood of Jesus is connected to forgiving.

Diserner

For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. (Matt. 26:28 NKJ)

What LOGICAL connection does Christ's blood have with the remission of sins?

What is the connection?

“Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins” (Heb. 9:22).
Nothing about wrath in there, or PSA.

Purification for sin- καθαρισμός- katharismos: a cleansing, purifying, purification, expiation. Strongs 2512.

Thayers: a cleansing from the guilt of sins (see καθαρίζω, 1 b. β.): wrought now by baptism, 2 Peter 1:9, now by the expiatory sacrifice of Christ, Hebrews 1:3 on which cf. Kurtz, Commentary, p. 70; (Exodus 30:10; τῆς ἁμαρτίας μου, Job 7:21; of an atonement, Lucian, asin. 22)

Hebrews 1:3-And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Purification for sin is in the blood of Christ in the Atonement

Matthew 26:26-29

While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.”27 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.29 I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.”

Hebrews 9:22
Because all things are purged by blood in The Written Law, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Leviticus 4:20,26,35
And he shall do with the bullock as he did with the bullock for a sin offering, so shall he do with this: and the priest shall make an atonement for them, and it shall be forgiven them

Leviticus 6:7
And the priest shall make an atonement for him before the LORD: and it shall be forgiven him for any thing of all that he hath done in trespassing therein.

Leviticus 17:11
For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for your souls upon the altar; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.

Hebrews 9
Now the first covenant had regulations for worship and also an earthly sanctuary. 2 A tabernacle was set up. In its first room were the lampstand and the table with its consecrated bread; this was called the Holy Place. 3 Behind the second curtain was a room called the Most Holy Place, 4 which had the golden altar of incense and the gold-covered ark of the covenant. This ark contained the gold jar of manna, Aaron’s staff that had budded, and the stone tablets of the covenant. 5 Above the ark were the cherubim of the Glory, overshadowing the atonement cover. But we cannot discuss these things in detail now. 6 When everything had been arranged like this, the priests entered regularly into the outer room to carry on their ministry. 7 But only the high priest entered the inner room, and that only once a year, and never without blood, which he offered for himself and for the sins the people had committed in ignorance. 8 The Holy Spirit was showing by this that the way into the Most Holy Place had not yet been disclosed as long as the first tabernacle was still functioning. 9 This is an illustration for the present time, indicating that the gifts and sacrifices being offered were not able to clear the conscience of the worshiper. 10 They are only a matter of food and drink and various ceremonial washings—external regulations applying until the time of the new order.

The forgiveness of sins is found only in the blood of Christ- His life which He gave as a sacrifice for sin. That is the heart of the Atonement. It is what the New Covenant is found upon His blood, His life which was given for our sins. Forgiveness is only found in His blood that He gave His life on our behalf. That is how are sins are removed and taken away. That is what the Law required for sin was the blood of the animal sacrifice.

hope this helps !!!

Okay.

So the blood of Jesus is connected to "cleansing" sin even by an anti-PSA.

The blood of Jesus is connected to "forgiving" sin (which is confusing because elsewhere it seems like you deny this).

The blood of Jesus is connected to "taking away" sin even by an anti-PSA.

Now explain to me why it does that?

What is the logical connection?

Nothing?

There is no "punishment" above anywhere. There is a sacrifice provided which covers and provides forgiveness of sins. The entire book of Hebrews is built upon the OT Law and how it is fulfilled in Christ.

Jesus said He gave His life as a Ransom . Strongs 3038- Lutron λύτρον. the purchasing money for manumitting slaves, a ransom, the price of ransoming; especially the sacrifice by which expiation is effected, an offering of expiation. Thayers: λύτρον, λύτρου, τό (λύω), the Sept. passim for כֹּפֶר, גְּאֻלָּה, פִּדְיון, etc.; the price for redeeming, ransom (paid for slaves, Leviticus 19:20; for captives, Isaiah 45:13; for the ransom of a life, Exodus 21:30; Numbers 35:31f): ἀντί πολλῶν, to liberate many from the misery and penalty of their sins, Matthew 20:28; Mark 10:45. (Pindar, Aeschylus, Xenophon, Plato, others.)

Matthew 20:28- just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many

hilastērion – the atonement is received by Faith.

Romans 3:25

God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished. NIV

whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. ESV

The Atonement is received by faith. The offering of the Atonement for sin cannot be obtained apart from faith. The atonement for sin has been made and it cannot be applied to mankind apart from faith. Jesus has made an atonement for sin but it produces no reconciliation, no pardon from sin, no remission of sin unless is accepted or received by faith. His blood makes forgiveness possible in the atonement and it must be received by faith in Him and His finished work on the cross through His death, burial and resurrection from the dead, the gospel . He died for our sins according to the scriptures.

hope this helps !!!

All the new threads , questions and anti comments will not change anything with my beliefs. If anything it just affirms they are right on track with scripture.

It’s a battle for truth and I’m on the right side of the truth when it comes to the atonement and the Tri-Unity of God.

There is no "punishment" above anywhere. There is a sacrifice provided which covers and provides forgiveness of sins. The entire book of Hebrews is built upon the OT Law and how it is fulfilled in Christ.

Jesus said He gave His life as a Ransom . Strongs 3038- Lutron λύτρον. the purchasing money for manumitting slaves, a ransom, the price of ransoming; especially the sacrifice by which expiation is effected, an offering of expiation. Thayers: λύτρον, λύτρου, τό (λύω), the Sept. passim for כֹּפֶר, גְּאֻלָּה, פִּדְיון, etc.; the price for redeeming, ransom (paid for slaves, Leviticus 19:20; for captives, Isaiah 45:13; for the ransom of a life, Exodus 21:30; Numbers 35:31f): ἀντί πολλῶν, to liberate many from the misery and penalty of their sins, Matthew 20:28; Mark 10:45. (Pindar, Aeschylus, Xenophon, Plato, others.)

Matthew 20:28- just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many

hilastērion – the atonement is received by Faith.

God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished. NIV

whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. ESV

The Atonement is received by faith. The offering of the Atonement for sin cannot be obtained apart from faith. The atonement for sin has been made and it cannot be applied to mankind apart from faith. Jesus has made an atonement for sin but it produces no reconciliation, no pardon from sin, no remission of sin unless is accepted or received by faith. His blood makes forgiveness possible in the atonement and it must be received by faith in Him and His finished work on the cross through His death, burial and resurrection from the dead, the gospel . He died for our sins according to the scriptures.

hope this helps !!!
I have been seeking in my spirit this weekend just how does expiation and propitiation go hand in hand.

When Jesus died for ours sins, it was purposed to remove our guilt-purify us (expiation). The purification of sin is what reconciles us to God (propitiation).

The single righteous act of our Lord willingly and purposely giving His sinless life to suffer and die for our sins purifies us. The removal of sins is what reconciles us to God. We were purchased with the blood of God, Jesus Christ our Lord.

"Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!"

God Bless

I have been seeking in my spirit this weekend just how does expiation and propitiation go hand in hand.

When Jesus died for ours sins, it was purposed to remove our guilt-purify us (expiation). The purification of sin is what reconciles us to God (propitiation).

The single righteous act of our Lord willingly and purposely giving His sinless life to suffer and die for our sins purifies us. The removal of sins is what reconciles us to God. We were purchased with the blood of God, Jesus Christ our Lord.

"Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!"

God Bless
Thanks Joe for your insight.

All the new threads , questions and anti comments will not change anything with my beliefs. If anything it just affirms they are right on track with scripture.
As for me I've never liked anyone to use the ANTI term when they express themselves to other Christians. ANTI is a worldly buzz word and they use it as a put down. I've just never liked the sound of it among Christians.

As for me I've never liked anyone to use the ANTI term when they express themselves to other Christians. ANTI is a worldly buzz word and they use it as a put down. I've just never liked the sound of it among Christians.
I agree with you. I will stop using that term unless I'm quoting scripture and its referring to the many antichrists :)

Okay.

So the blood of Jesus is connected to "cleansing" sin even by an anti-PSA.

The blood of Jesus is connected to "forgiving" sin (which is confusing because elsewhere it seems like you deny this).

The blood of Jesus is connected to "taking away" sin even by an anti-PSA.

Now explain to me why it does that?

What is the logical connection?

Nothing?
The logical connection between Christ's blood and the remission of sins stems from the concept of atonement found throughout the Bible, particularly in the New Testament.

1. Blood as Symbolic of Life:
Blood in ancient Jewish understanding represented life itself. In Leviticus 17:11, it's stated, "For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul." Thus, the shedding of blood was associated with the giving of life.

2. Atonement and Forgiveness:
Atonement, in the biblical context, refers to the process of reconciliation between God and humanity, particularly regarding the forgiveness of sins. Hebrews 9:22 emphasizes, "Without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness of sins." The shedding of blood, therefore, was seen as necessary for the forgiveness or remission of sins.

3. Christ's Sacrifice:

Jesus, in instituting the Lord's Supper, connects his blood with the establishment of the new covenant. This new covenant represents a new relationship between God and humanity, wherein sins are forgiven and reconciliation is achieved. Jesus' sacrificial death on the cross is understood as the ultimate atonement for humanity's sins.

4. Fulfillment of Prophecy:

The concept of Christ's blood being shed for the remission of sins also aligns with Old Testament prophecies, such as Isaiah 53:5, which states, "But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds, we are healed."

Conclusion:
The logical connection between Christ's blood and the remission of sins is rooted in the theological understanding of atonement as the means by which reconciliation between God and humanity is achieved. Christ's sacrificial death, symbolized by his shed blood, serves as the ultimate atonement for sin, fulfilling Old Testament prophecies and establishing the new covenant relationship between God and humanity, wherein forgiveness and reconciliation are made possible.

Old Testament:

1. **Leviticus 17:11 (NIV)**
"For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life."
- This verse emphasizes the significance of blood in making atonement for sin in the Old Testament sacrificial system.

2. **Psalm 51:7 (NIV)**
"Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow."
- While not explicitly mentioning blood, this verse reflects the psalmist's plea for cleansing, which aligns with the sacrificial imagery of atonement.

3. **Isaiah 53:5 (NIV)**
"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed."
- This prophecy foretells the suffering and sacrificial death of the Messiah, whose wounds bring healing and peace to humanity.

4. **Zechariah 9:11 (NIV)**
"As for you, because of the blood of my covenant with you, I will free your prisoners from the waterless pit."
- This verse speaks of the blood of the covenant as the basis for liberation and salvation.

5. **Exodus 12:13 (NIV)**
"The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt."
- This verse refers to the Passover lamb's blood as a sign of protection and deliverance from God's judgment.

New Testament:

6. **Matthew 26:28 (NIV)**
"This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."
- Jesus' words during the Last Supper, establishing the connection between his blood and the forgiveness of sins in the new covenant.

7. **Romans 5:9 (NIV)**
"Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him!"
- Paul emphasizes the role of Jesus' blood in justifying believers and saving them from God's wrath.

8. **Ephesians 1:7 (NIV)**
"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace."
- This verse highlights redemption and forgiveness through the blood of Christ as a manifestation of God's grace.

9. **Hebrews 9:22 (NIV)**
"In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness."
- The author underscores the necessity of bloodshed for forgiveness, echoing Old Testament sacrificial practices.

10. **1 John 1:7 (NIV)**
"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin."
- John emphasizes the cleansing and purifying power of Jesus' blood for believers who walk in the light.

The logical connection between Christ's blood and the remission of sins stems from the concept of atonement found throughout the Bible, particularly in the New Testament.

1. Blood as Symbolic of Life:
Blood in ancient Jewish understanding represented life itself. In Leviticus 17:11, it's stated, "For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul." Thus, the shedding of blood was associated with the giving of life.

2. Atonement and Forgiveness:
Atonement, in the biblical context, refers to the process of reconciliation between God and humanity, particularly regarding the forgiveness of sins. Hebrews 9:22 emphasizes, "Without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness of sins." The shedding of blood, therefore, was seen as necessary for the forgiveness or remission of sins.

3. Christ's Sacrifice:

Jesus, in instituting the Lord's Supper, connects his blood with the establishment of the new covenant. This new covenant represents a new relationship between God and humanity, wherein sins are forgiven and reconciliation is achieved. Jesus' sacrificial death on the cross is understood as the ultimate atonement for humanity's sins.

4. Fulfillment of Prophecy:

The concept of Christ's blood being shed for the remission of sins also aligns with Old Testament prophecies, such as Isaiah 53:5, which states, "But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds, we are healed."

Conclusion:
The logical connection between Christ's blood and the remission of sins is rooted in the theological understanding of atonement as the means by which reconciliation between God and humanity is achieved. Christ's sacrificial death, symbolized by his shed blood, serves as the ultimate atonement for sin, fulfilling Old Testament prophecies and establishing the new covenant relationship between God and humanity, wherein forgiveness and reconciliation are made possible.

Old Testament:

1. **Leviticus 17:11 (NIV)**
"For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life."
- This verse emphasizes the significance of blood in making atonement for sin in the Old Testament sacrificial system.

2. **Psalm 51:7 (NIV)**
"Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow."
- While not explicitly mentioning blood, this verse reflects the psalmist's plea for cleansing, which aligns with the sacrificial imagery of atonement.

3. **Isaiah 53:5 (NIV)**
"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed."
- This prophecy foretells the suffering and sacrificial death of the Messiah, whose wounds bring healing and peace to humanity.

4. **Zechariah 9:11 (NIV)**
"As for you, because of the blood of my covenant with you, I will free your prisoners from the waterless pit."
- This verse speaks of the blood of the covenant as the basis for liberation and salvation.

5. **Exodus 12:13 (NIV)**
"The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt."
- This verse refers to the Passover lamb's blood as a sign of protection and deliverance from God's judgment.

New Testament:

6. **Matthew 26:28 (NIV)**
"This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."
- Jesus' words during the Last Supper, establishing the connection between his blood and the forgiveness of sins in the new covenant.

7. **Romans 5:9 (NIV)**
"Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him!"
- Paul emphasizes the role of Jesus' blood in justifying believers and saving them from God's wrath.

8. **Ephesians 1:7 (NIV)**
"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace."
- This verse highlights redemption and forgiveness through the blood of Christ as a manifestation of God's grace.

9. **Hebrews 9:22 (NIV)**
"In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness."
- The author underscores the necessity of bloodshed for forgiveness, echoing Old Testament sacrificial practices.

10. **1 John 1:7 (NIV)**
"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin."
- John emphasizes the cleansing and purifying power of Jesus' blood for believers who walk in the light.
Totally off-topic, but I've often wondered if the fact that life is in the blood was the inspiration for "vampires".

Lol!.
Stay strong in Jesus Christ brother, you seem to have the pathos, zest and zeal to this "discussion" and I will keep a close "look" and use those Scriptures.
Johann.
What scriptures since there are none that supports the heresy of PSA.

Back
Top Bottom