An Article on free will

What did you do with the fact you can have no life if

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

you do not eat his flesh and drink his blood

Figurative for coming to and believing on Jesus

regeneration is the impartation of life and repeat a number of your mantras

thus regeneration must follow after faith

from what I see you did nothing at all to address this verse

Instead you ran to another verse which has already been rejected by exegesis and commentary from your own peers

spoke of you belief regarding limited atonement for the elect

BTW you also failed to address

John 12:47 (ESV) — 47 If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.

which shows the extant of christ's atonement encompasses any unbeliever refuting your view of limited atonement.

If you do not believe that you eat Christ's flesh and drink Christ's precious blood, then you have no life in you, TomL, because Lord Jesus says "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves" (John 6:53), but your heart adulterates the precious Word of God into "Falsely, falsely, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves" (the word of TomL).

You heart's treasure of "It has to do with his words not being literal but figurative" regarding John 6:49-63 (proof post #2,130) translates into you literally rejecting Christ's Body and the precious Blood of Christ (John 6:49-63, Matthew 26:26-28, 1 Corinthians 11:24-34) - see the Word of God "He who rejects Me" (John 12:48).

The Glorious Word says:

My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink
(John 6:55)

Yet the word of man rejects the true food and the true drink by loving the traditions of men "It has to do with his words not being literal but figurative" (the word of TomL) leading to worship in vain (Matthew 15:9).

Do not be deceived, your heart converts the true food into the untrue food because of your "figurative" concept application against the Word of God.

Your heart's "It refers to believing and coming to Christ else you have no life in you" regarding the clearly pure Word of God "It is the Spirit who gives Life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are Spirit and are Life" (John 6:63), so your heart adulterates John 6:63 into "It is your self-willed believing and coming to Christ that gives Life; the flesh profits everying; the words that I have spoken to you are nothing without your self-willed believing and coming to Christ" (the word of TomL obliterating the Holy Spirit out of John 6:63); therefore, you are one who "does not receive My sayings" (the My being Lord Jesus Christ, John 12:48).

Now, after seeing "He who rejects Me" and "does not receive My sayings" the remainder is self-explanatory:

He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day
(John 12:48).

To be utterly clear, your "self-willed believing in Christ unto salvation" is the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9), not the Majestic Word of God who says:

This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent
(John 6:29)
So every occurrence of saving faith/belief is governed by the Author and Perfecter of the one faith/belief! Glory be to God in the highest!

Continuing to be utterly clear, your thoughts about your self-willed "coming to Christ" is anti-truth because, long before you were flesh, the Holy Word of God established:

he who practices the Truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God
(John 3:21)
So, every Christian that comes to the Light, whom is Christ (John 1:4), is wrought in God. Christ is the Truth (John 14:6). Praise be to the Living God!

As my Lord Jesus caused me to explain to you in post #1,802, Christ's blessed atonement is comprehensive and complete. Christ makes a person “at one” (atone) with God. Christ fully, not limited, but completely atones (covers) the sins of us, His own people; therefore, your “refuting your doctrine of limited atonement hello” regarding John 12:47 is senseless folly.

Your heart makes false statements about God. Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE THE MIGHTY KING WHO ATONES FOR THE SIN OF THE WORLD!!!

If you do not believe that you eat Christ's flesh and drink Christ's precious blood, then you have no life in you, TomL, because Lord Jesus says "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves" (John 6:53), but your heart adulterates precious Word of God into "Falsely, falsely, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves" (the word of TomL).
Context:
In the preceding verses, Jesus has been speaking about Himself as the “bread of life” (John 6:35). He emphasizes that whoever comes to Him will never hunger or thirst.

The crowd is perplexed by His statements, especially when He claims that they must eat His flesh and drink His blood.

Symbolism:
Jesus uses vivid imagery to convey deeper spiritual realities.

“Eating His flesh” and “drinking His blood” symbolize a profound spiritual union with Him.
The Verily, Verily (Amen, Amen):

Jesus begins with “Verily, verily” (or “Amen, amen”), which underscores the importance and truth of what He is about to say.
This phrase is often used by Jesus to introduce significant teachings.

Eating the Flesh of the Son of Man:
By referring to Himself as the “Son of Man,” Jesus emphasizes His humanity.
The act of eating His flesh points to His sacrificial death on the cross.

It combines the ideas of sustenance (spiritual nourishment) and sacrifice (atonement for sin).

Drinking His Blood:
The mention of blood is significant because it represents life (Leviticus 17:11).
Jesus’ blood shed on the cross is the means of atonement for sin.

Drinking His blood symbolizes receiving the benefits of His sacrifice—forgiveness, reconciliation, and eternal life.

No Life Without This Union:
Jesus declares that without partaking in this spiritual union (eating His flesh and drinking His blood), there is no true life.
It’s not merely physical life but eternal life—the life of the soul.

Contrast with Old Testament Prohibitions:
The prohibition against eating blood was well-established in the Old Testament (Genesis 9:4; Leviticus 17:10-14).
Jesus’ statement challenges conventional understanding by pointing to a new covenant reality.
Spiritual Application:

Jesus invites us to enter into a deep, personal relationship with Him.
We “eat His flesh” by faith, accepting His sacrifice for our sins.
We “drink His blood” by embracing the life-giving power of His atonement.

This union brings spiritual life and sustains us.
In summary, John 6:53 emphasizes the necessity of a spiritual union with Jesus—the Bread of Life. It’s not about literal consumption but about faith, acceptance, and communion with Him. Through His sacrifice, we find true life and eternal nourishment for our souls1.

Additionally, this concept echoes Isaiah 53:6, where the prophet speaks of humanity’s waywardness and need for redemption. We, like lost sheep, have turned away, but God seeks us and brings us back to Himself2. Jesus fulfills this role as the Good Shepherd who lays down His life for the sheep (John 10:11).

Remember, the language Jesus uses here is intentionally provocative to emphasize the depth of our dependence on Him. It’s not about cannibalism but about spiritual transformation and salvation.

eat. FS108B, +Jer_15:16, This is not a reference to the Lord’s Supper, for that had not yet been instituted, and these words in their context could not possibly have been understood to have any reference to it by the original hearers. This is an idiom which signifies except we feed on Christ in our hearts and partake of His life (for the blood is the life), we have no life in us. Careful reference to verses 47 and 40 with verses 53 and 54 will show that believing on Christ is exactly the same thing as eating and drinking of His flesh and blood (F/S 826, 827). Joh_6:51; Joh_6:55, **Joh_3:36, **Exo_29:33; Exo_40:22, Lev_8:31; Lev_9:17; %Lev_17:10, 2Ch_9:4, Psa_23:5, Isa_49:9, **Eze_3:3, *Mat_26:26-28, 1Co_11:24, **1Jn_5:12, Rev_2:7; Rev_2:17; **Rev_10:9 note, Rev_10:10 note.
flesh. FS171Q7, +Joh_1:14, Here, "flesh" and "blood" are jointly as well as severally put for humanity as distinct from Divinity. "Flesh" is put, not for the "body" of Christ, but for Himself in His true humanity (F/S 643). Flesh and blood are put by the Figure Synecdoche (of the Part) for the whole Person. Joh_1:13, Mat_16:17, *1Co_15:50, Gal_1:16, Eph_6:12, Heb_2:14.

Last edited:
Context:
In the preceding verses, Jesus has been speaking about Himself as the “bread of life” (John 6:35). He emphasizes that whoever comes to Him will never hunger or thirst.

The crowd is perplexed by His statements, especially when He claims that they must eat His flesh and drink His blood.

Symbolism:
Jesus uses vivid imagery to convey deeper spiritual realities.

“Eating His flesh” and “drinking His blood” symbolize a profound spiritual union with Him.
The Verily, Verily (Amen, Amen):

Jesus begins with “Verily, verily” (or “Amen, amen”), which underscores the importance and truth of what He is about to say.
This phrase is often used by Jesus to introduce significant teachings.

Eating the Flesh of the Son of Man:
By referring to Himself as the “Son of Man,” Jesus emphasizes His humanity.
The act of eating His flesh points to His sacrificial death on the cross.

It combines the ideas of sustenance (spiritual nourishment) and sacrifice (atonement for sin).

Drinking His Blood:
The mention of blood is significant because it represents life (Leviticus 17:11).
Jesus’ blood shed on the cross is the means of atonement for sin.

Drinking His blood symbolizes receiving the benefits of His sacrifice—forgiveness, reconciliation, and eternal life.

No Life Without This Union:
Jesus declares that without partaking in this spiritual union (eating His flesh and drinking His blood), there is no true life.
It’s not merely physical life but eternal life—the life of the soul.

Contrast with Old Testament Prohibitions:
The prohibition against eating blood was well-established in the Old Testament (Genesis 9:4; Leviticus 17:10-14).
Jesus’ statement challenges conventional understanding by pointing to a new covenant reality.
Spiritual Application:

Jesus invites us to enter into a deep, personal relationship with Him.
We “eat His flesh” by faith, accepting His sacrifice for our sins.
We “drink His blood” by embracing the life-giving power of His atonement.

This union brings spiritual life and sustains us.
In summary, John 6:53 emphasizes the necessity of a spiritual union with Jesus—the Bread of Life. It’s not about literal consumption but about faith, acceptance, and communion with Him. Through His sacrifice, we find true life and eternal nourishment for our souls1.

Additionally, this concept echoes Isaiah 53:6, where the prophet speaks of humanity’s waywardness and need for redemption. We, like lost sheep, have turned away, but God seeks us and brings us back to Himself2. Jesus fulfills this role as the Good Shepherd who lays down His life for the sheep (John 10:11).

Remember, the language Jesus uses here is intentionally provocative to emphasize the depth of our dependence on Him. It’s not about cannibalism but about spiritual transformation and salvation.

eat. FS108B, +Jer_15:16, This is not a reference to the Lord’s Supper, for that had not yet been instituted, and these words in their context could not possibly have been understood to have any reference to it by the original hearers. This is an idiom which signifies except we feed on Christ in our hearts and partake of His life (for the blood is the life), we have no life in us. Careful reference to verses 47 and 40 with verses 53 and 54 will show that believing on Christ is exactly the same thing as eating and drinking of His flesh and blood (F/S 826, 827). Joh_6:51; Joh_6:55, **Joh_3:36, **Exo_29:33; Exo_40:22, Lev_8:31; Lev_9:17; %Lev_17:10, 2Ch_9:4, Psa_23:5, Isa_49:9, **Eze_3:3, *Mat_26:26-28, 1Co_11:24, **1Jn_5:12, Rev_2:7; Rev_2:17; **Rev_10:9 note, Rev_10:10 note.
flesh. FS171Q7, +Joh_1:14, Here, "flesh" and "blood" are jointly as well as severally put for humanity as distinct from Divinity. "Flesh" is put, not for the "body" of Christ, but for Himself in His true humanity (F/S 643). Flesh and blood are put by the Figure Synecdoche (of the Part) for the whole Person. Joh_1:13, Mat_16:17, *1Co_15:50, Gal_1:16, Eph_6:12, Heb_2:14.
and drink. The Hebrews used this expression with reference to knowledge by the Figure Metonymy (of the Subject), as in Exo_24:11, where it is put for being alive; so eating and drinking denoted the operation of the mind in receiving and "inwardly digesting" truth or the words of God. See Deu_8:3, and compare Jer_15:16, Eze_2:8, No idiom was more common in the days of our Lord. With them as with us, eating included the meaning of enjoyment, as in Ecc_5:19; Ecc_6:2; for "riches" cannot be eaten; and the Talmud actually speaks of eating (i.e. enjoying) "the years of Messiah," and instead of finding any difficulty in the figure they said that the days of Hezekiah were so good that "Messiah will come no more to Israel; for they have already devoured Him in the days of Hezekiah" (Lightfoot, vol. xii. pp. 296, 297). Even where eating is used of the devouring of enemies, it is the enjoyment of victory that is included. The Lord’s words could be understood thus by hearers, for they knew the idiom; but of "the eucharist" they knew nothing, and could not have thus understood them. By comparing Joh_6:47 and Joh_6:48 with Joh_6:53 and Joh_6:54, we see that believing on Christ was exactly the same thing as eating and drinking Him (CB).
his blood. **Lev_7:26, **2Sa_23:17, Mar_14:24, *Rom_3:25, 1Co_1:23; *1Co_10:16.
life. *Joh_3:18; *Joh_3:36; **Joh_8:24; +Joh_20:31, *1Jn_5:11; *1Jn_5:12.

and drink. The Hebrews used this expression with reference to knowledge by the Figure Metonymy (of the Subject), as in Exo_24:11, where it is put for being alive; so eating and drinking denoted the operation of the mind in receiving and "inwardly digesting" truth or the words of God. See Deu_8:3, and compare Jer_15:16, Eze_2:8, No idiom was more common in the days of our Lord. With them as with us, eating included the meaning of enjoyment, as in Ecc_5:19; Ecc_6:2; for "riches" cannot be eaten; and the Talmud actually speaks of eating (i.e. enjoying) "the years of Messiah," and instead of finding any difficulty in the figure they said that the days of Hezekiah were so good that "Messiah will come no more to Israel; for they have already devoured Him in the days of Hezekiah" (Lightfoot, vol. xii. pp. 296, 297). Even where eating is used of the devouring of enemies, it is the enjoyment of victory that is included. The Lord’s words could be understood thus by hearers, for they knew the idiom; but of "the eucharist" they knew nothing, and could not have thus understood them. By comparing Joh_6:47 and Joh_6:48 with Joh_6:53 and Joh_6:54, we see that believing on Christ was exactly the same thing as eating and drinking Him (CB).
his blood. **Lev_7:26, **2Sa_23:17, Mar_14:24, *Rom_3:25, 1Co_1:23; *1Co_10:16.
life. *Joh_3:18; *Joh_3:36; **Joh_8:24; +Joh_20:31, *1Jn_5:11; *1Jn_5:12.

If you do not believe that you eat Christ's flesh and drink Christ's precious blood, then you have no life in you, TomL, because Lord Jesus says "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves" (John 6:53), but your heart adulterates the precious Word of God into "Falsely, falsely, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves" (the word of TomL).

You heart's treasure of "It has to do with his words not being literal but figurative" regarding John 6:49-63 (proof post #2,130) translates into you literally rejecting Christ's Body and the precious Blood of Christ (John 6:49-63, Matthew 26:26-28, 1 Corinthians 11:24-34) - see the Word of God "He who rejects Me" (John 12:48).

The Glorious Word says:
My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink
(John 6:55)​

Yet the word of man rejects the true food and the true drink by loving the traditions of men "It has to do with his words not being literal but figurative" (the word of TomL) leading to worship in vain (Matthew 15:9).

Do not be deceived, your heart converts the true food into the untrue food because of your "figurative" concept application against the Word of God.
Where did you deal with fact that you can have no life unless you do that?

Regeneration imparts life

it cannot therefore precede eating his flesh and drinking his blood

The passage refutes your theology

John 6:35–56 (NASB 2020) — 35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; the one who comes to Me will not be hungry, and the one who believes in Me will never be thirsty. 36 But I said to you that you have indeed seen Me, and yet you do not believe. 37 Everything that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I certainly will not cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that of everything that He has given Me I will lose nothing, but will raise it up on the last day. 40 For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.” 41 So then the Jews were complaining about Him because He said, “I am the bread that came down out of heaven.” 42 And they were saying, “Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does He now say, ‘I have come down out of heaven’ ?” 43 Jesus answered and said to them, “Stop complaining among yourselves. 44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me. 46 Not that anyone has seen the Father, except the One who is from God; He has seen the Father. 47 Truly, truly, I say to you, the one who believes has eternal life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. 50 This is the bread that comes down out of heaven, so that anyone may eat from it and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats from this bread, he will live forever; and the bread which I will give for the life of the world also is My flesh.” 52 Then the Jews began to argue with one another, saying, “How can this man give us His flesh to eat?” 53 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. 54 The one who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. 55 For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink. 56 The one who eats My flesh and drinks My blood remains in Me, and I in him.

Coming to Christ assures one will not hunger

Believing on Christ assures you will not thirst

coming and believing on Christ is figuratively equivalent to eating and drinking

and that must be done before you can have life

but to make it plain

John 20:31 (NASB 2020) — 31 but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that by believing you may have life in His name.

Sorry you just repeat yourself without addressing exegesis

Eph 2:8 does not support you

the gift is salvation as seen

Romans 6:23 (KJV 1900) — 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

and by verse 9

Ephesians 2:9 (KJV 1900) — 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

For by grace (the article shews us the import of the sentence—to take up and expand the parenthetic clause χάριτί ἐστε σεσωσμένοι above: but not barely so: that clause itself was inserted on account of the matter in hand being a notable example of the fact, and this γάρ takes up also that matter in hand—the ὑπερβάλλον πλοῦτος κ.τ.λ) ye are (perf.) saved, through [your] (or [the], but the possessive article is preferable, see below: ‘the’ would make both objective. The abstract, ‘through faith,’ must be the rendering if the article be omitted) faith (the dative above expressed the objective instrumental condition of your salvation,—this διὰ the subjective medial condition: it has been effected by grace and apprehended by faith): and this (not your faith, as Chrys. οὐδὲ ἡ πίστις, φησίν, ἐξ ὑμῶν: so Thdrt., al., Corn.-a-Iap., Beza, Est., Grot., Beng., all.;—this is precluded (not by the gender of τοῦτο, but) by the manifestly parallel clauses οὐκ ἐξ ὑμῶν and οὐκ ἐξ ἔργων, of which the latter would be irrelevant as asserted of πίστις, and the reference of ver. 9 must therefore be changed:—but, as Calv., Calov., Rück., Harl., Olsh., Mey., De W., Stier, al., ‘your salvation;’ τὸ σεσωσμένοι εἶναι, as Ellic.) not of yourselves, God’s (emphatic) is the gift (not, as E. V. ‘it is the gift of God’ (θεοῦ δῶρον),—τὸ δῶρον, viz. of your salvation: so that the expression is pregnant—q. d., ‘but it is a gift, and that gift is God’s.’ There is no occasion, as Lachm., Harl., and De W., to parenthesize these words: they form a contrast to οὐκ ἐξ ὑμ., and a quasi-parallel clause to ἵνα μή τις καυχήσ. below): not of works (for ἐξ ἔργων, see on Rom. 3:4, and Gal. 2:16), that no man should boast (on the proposition implied, see on Rom. 4:2. ἵνα, has in matter of fact its strictest telic sense. With God, results are all purposed; it need not be understood, when we predicate of Him a purpose in this manner, that it was His main or leading aim;—but it was one of those things included in His scheme, which ranked among His purposes).1

1 Henry Alford, Alford’s Greek Testament: An Exegetical and Critical Commentary (vol. 3; Grand Rapids, MI: Guardian Press, 1976), 94.

john 1:12 also extensively dealt with

and proven by scripture on is made a child of God regenerated by faith

Regeneration by definition is the impartation of life

The following verses show faith precedes life

John 5:24 (KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

John 20:31 (KJV)
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 5:40 (KJV)
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Acts 11:18 (KJV)
18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

John 6:57 (KJV)
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

Regeneration makes one a child of God. Born of God -

One is made a child of God through faith

John 1:12 (KJV)
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Galatians 3:26 (KJV)
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

John 12:36 (KJV)
36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

Regeneration is a spiritual resurrection.

We are raised spiritually through faith

Colossians 2:12 (KJV)
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

One is born again(regenerated) through faith in gospel

James 1:18 (KJV)
18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

1 Peter 1:23 (KJV)
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1 Corinthians 4:15 (KJV)
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Regeneration is the mechanism of salvation

Titus 3:5 (KJV)
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Ephesians 2:5 (KJV)
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved

it is through faith we are saved

EPH 2:8 (KJV)
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Regeneration is preceded by remission of sin

Colossians 2:13 (KJV)
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

which requires both faith and repentance

Acts 10:43 (KJV)
43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Luke 24:47 (KJV)
47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 5:31 (KJV)
31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

you accomplish nothing by repeating your opinions once again as scripture refutes your claims

Your god Alford deceives (at least your context) because the Apostle Paul clearly declares we are His work (Ephesians 2:10) and Paul precedes this by faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not as a result of works (Ephesians 2:8-9); therefore, we Christians are the work of God which includes our faith/belief.

Your "I went through the context showing how it supports my view then i quoted Calvinists and others supporting it" (proof post #2,132) promoting the traditions of men that leads to worship in vain (Matthew 15:9), and to be very specific Your heart's authority, your Lord Alford, wrote "The meaning is not,—that faith is wrought in us by God" regarding John 6:29, so your Lord Alford wickedly sins against Lord Jesus by bludgeoning the Word of God into "This is NOT the work of God BUT THIS IS THE WORK OF MAN, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (TomL 6:29) in your Free-willian Leader Alford's heart (the man whom you quote again and again), so your free-willian tradition of men (Matthew 15:9) is clearly evident because the Authority for us Christians, my Lord Jesus Christ says “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29).

Your wishful thinking of "you did nothing to refute the context or the expert commentary" is your traditions of men (Matthew 15:9) because Lord Jesus proclaimed the Truth (John 14:6) long before your "expert commentary" composers of "Alford" and/or "Calvin" were born - those men whose words you exalt - those men whom your heart idolizes above the Word of God - just look at the multitude of posts in this thread alone in which you preach the word of "Alford" and your exalted leader "Calvin", even you taking their traditions of men (Matthew 15:9) as your own by sheer force of your self-willed (2 Peter 2:9-10) plethora of posts.

Your heart's treasure of "People who infer from this passage that faith is God’s gift are mistaken, for Christ does not show here what God produces in us, but what God wants and requires from us" (the words of Calvinist TomL) adulterates John 6:29 into “This is NOT the work of God BUT THIS IS THE WORK OF MAN, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (the word of Calvinist TomL).

Your "The phrase work of God has been defined for us by verse 28" (TomL post quoted above) is you elevating a mere question of men of "What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God" (John 6:27) into a tradition of man that leads to worship in vain (Matthew 15:9) by your way of redefining the work of God (the Word of God, John 6:29) into a man-made thing of "NOT the work of God BUT THIS IS THE WORK OF MAN" (TomL 6:29) resulting in the abomination of "This is NOT the work of God BUT THIS IS THE WORK OF MAN, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (TomL 6:29).

Every person loses who contradicts our Christian Head, the Christ who says man believing in Lord Jesus is the work of Almighty God with:
so for any person to claim that man manipulates his own belief to point at Jesus - then that man is anti-truth.

Your spirit's "God births those who believe and receive the Son" (proof post #2,082) is out of accord with all these wonderful Apostolic Testimony of Ephesians 2:8-10, John 1:10-13, and John 6:29:
by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not as a result of works, so that no one may boast for we are His work
so Paul is in accord with the Word of God saying God causes man to believe in the Son whom the Father has sent!

And Paul is in agreement with the Apostle John who says that man's belief/faith is caused by the Father as a result of God birthing man anew with:
He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him, but as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God
so John says God causes man to believe in the Son whom the Father has sent!

Your heart makes false statements about God. Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE THE ONE TRUE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD!!!

Again, TomL, you wrote something correct with "it is not Jesus who has you proclaiming error" because Lord Jesus has me here proclaiming the Truth (John 14:6).
Rright, you do that all by yourself

Your gods, whom you preach, are your tools to destroy the context of the Word of God in order to make false statements like "you proclaiming error".

As opposed to you who preach by your own God - yourself

You just cannot deal with the fact even those of like theology with you reject your understanding

as did the context

and correlating scripture

Acts 16:30–31 (NASB 2020) — 30 and after he brought them out, he said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Acts 2:37–38 (NASB 2020) — 37 Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what are we to do?” 38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

You cannot deal with the fact that scripture interprets scripture and that men are told there is something they must do and never when asking what must we do are they ever told nothing. God will effectually cause you to believe if he so desires

That is the same situation we see in john 6:29

John 6:27 (NASB 2020) — 27 Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that lasts for eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal.”

Calvinists tend toward isolating verses from their context do they can read their theology into the text

The phrase work of God has been defined for us by verse 28

John 6:28 (NASB 2020) — 28 Therefore they said to Him, “What are we to do, so that we may accomplish the works of God?”

In context its meaning is that which God requires of man

again

John 6:27 (NASB 2020) — 27 Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that lasts for eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal.”

Jesus tells them there is something they must do to obtain the food which last for eternal life

in context it is to believe on him

John 6:35–36 (NASB 2020) — 35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; the one who comes to Me will not be hungry, and the one who believes in Me will never be thirsty. 36 But I said to you that you have indeed seen Me, and yet you do not believe.

John 6:28 (NASB 2020) — 28 Therefore they said to Him, “What are we to do, so that we may accomplish the works of God?”

Again this establishes the meaning of the phrase the work of God as that which is required by God

John 6:29 (NASB 2020) — 29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.”

Jesus tells them they must believe

The jews understand him to be telling them they themselves must believe.

so thery ask

John 6:30 (NASB 2020) — 30 So they said to Him, “What then are You doing as a sign, so that we may see, and believe You? What work are You performing?

Christ does not correct them

he does not tell them there is nothing you can do

This would have been an excellent opportunity to set them straight if there was any validity to your theology

but he doesn't

Instead he states

John 6:32–36 (NASB 2020) — 32 Jesus then said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven. 33 For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven and gives life to the world.” 34 Then they said to Him, “Lord, always give us this bread.” 35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; the one who comes to Me will not be hungry, and the one who believes in Me will never be thirsty. 36 But I said to you that you have indeed seen Me, and yet you do not believe.

reinforcing their need to believe on him

rather than deal with context you assume a meaning convenient for your theology and ignore everything contrary to it

and that includes the context and those of a like theology with you

Your god Alford deceives (at least your context) because the Apostle Paul clearly declares we are His work (Ephesians 2:10) and Paul precedes this by faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not as a result of works (Ephesians 2:8-9); therefore, we Christians are the work of God which includes our faith/belief.

Your "I went through the context showing how it supports my view then i quoted Calvinists and others supporting it" (proof post #2,132) promoting the traditions of men that leads to worship in vain (Matthew 15:9), and to be very specific Your heart's authority, your Lord Alford, wrote "The meaning is not,—that faith is wrought in us by God" regarding John 6:29, so your Lord Alford wickedly sins against Lord Jesus by bludgeoning the Word of God into "This is NOT the work of God BUT THIS IS THE WORK OF MAN, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (TomL 6:29) in your Free-willian Leader Alford's heart (the man whom you quote again and again), so your free-willian tradition of men (Matthew 15:9) is clearly evident because the Authority for us Christians, my Lord Jesus Christ says “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29).

Your wishful thinking of "you did nothing to refute the context or the expert commentary" is your traditions of men (Matthew 15:9) because Lord Jesus proclaimed the Truth (John 14:6) long before your "expert commentary" composers of "Alford" and/or "Calvin" were born - those men whose words you exalt - those men whom your heart idolizes above the Word of God - just look at the multitude of posts in this thread alone in which you preach the word of "Alford" and your exalted leader "Calvin", even you taking their traditions of men (Matthew 15:9) as your own by sheer force of your self-willed (2 Peter 2:9-10) plethora of posts.

Your heart's treasure of "People who infer from this passage that faith is God’s gift are mistaken, for Christ does not show here what God produces in us, but what God wants and requires from us" (the words of Calvinist TomL) adulterates John 6:29 into “This is NOT the work of God BUT THIS IS THE WORK OF MAN, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (the word of Calvinist TomL).

Your "The phrase work of God has been defined for us by verse 28" (TomL post quoted above) is you elevating a mere question of men of "What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God" (John 6:27) into a tradition of man that leads to worship in vain (Matthew 15:9) by your way of redefining the work of God (the Word of God, John 6:29) into a man-made thing of "NOT the work of God BUT THIS IS THE WORK OF MAN" (TomL 6:29) resulting in the abomination of "This is NOT the work of God BUT THIS IS THE WORK OF MAN, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (TomL 6:29).

Every person loses who contradicts our Christian Head, the Christ who says man believing in Lord Jesus is the work of Almighty God with:
so for any person to claim that man manipulates his own belief to point at Jesus - then that man is anti-truth.

Your spirit's "God births those who believe and receive the Son" (proof post #2,082) is out of accord with all these wonderful Apostolic Testimony of Ephesians 2:8-10, John 1:10-13, and John 6:29:
by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not as a result of works, so that no one may boast for we are His work
so Paul is in accord with the Word of God saying God causes man to believe in the Son whom the Father has sent!

And Paul is in agreement with the Apostle John who says that man's belief/faith is caused by the Father as a result of God birthing man anew with:
He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him, but as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE THE ONE TRUE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD!!!

Amen, praise the Lord, the AUTHOR and perfecter of our faith.

I'm amazed at how many times these free-willers elevate the question above the answer. But it makes sense, since they worship man above Jesus, so they are inclined to insist man's question must determine what the answer given by Jesus means.

As opposed to your own worship of self and your own opinion over that of scripture, or anything else contrary to your view

let us note you addressed none of this

Regeneration by definition is the impartation of life

The following verses show faith precedes life

John 5:24 (KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

John 20:31 (KJV)
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 5:40 (KJV)
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Acts 11:18 (KJV)
18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

John 6:57 (KJV)
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

Regeneration makes one a child of God. Born of God -

One is made a child of God through faith

John 1:12 (KJV)
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Galatians 3:26 (KJV)
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

John 12:36 (KJV)
36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

Regeneration is a spiritual resurrection.

We are raised spiritually through faith

Colossians 2:12 (KJV)
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

One is born again(regenerated) through faith in gospel

James 1:18 (KJV)
18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

1 Peter 1:23 (KJV)
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1 Corinthians 4:15 (KJV)
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Regeneration is the mechanism of salvation

Titus 3:5 (KJV)
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Ephesians 2:5 (KJV)
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved

it is through faith we are saved

EPH 2:8 (KJV)
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Regeneration is preceded by remission of sin

Colossians 2:13 (KJV)
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

which requires both faith and repentance

Acts 10:43 (KJV)
43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Luke 24:47 (KJV)
47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 5:31 (KJV)
31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

you accomplish nothing by repeating your opinions once again as scripture refutes your claims
even when contrary to context , correlating scripture

instead you repeat the same tired comments you have been repeating over and over mixed in with ad hominem

Additionally you do not deal with the fact we are told the gift is salvation - eternal life

Romans 6:23 (NASB 2020) — 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gracious gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

btw we can that here also

John 4:10–14 (NASB 2020) — 10 Jesus replied to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who is saying to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.” 11 She said to Him, “Sir, You have no bucket and the well is deep; where then do You get this living water? 12 You are not greater than our father Jacob, are You, who gave us the well and drank of it himself, and his sons and his cattle?” 13 Jesus answered and said to her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again; 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never be thirsty; but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up to eternal life.”

nor do you deal with verse 9

Ephesians 2:9 (NASB 2020) — 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

which makes no sense if faith is the gift

No one would imagine or ever attempt to refute a claim that faith is the result of works

you do not deal with the

I'm amazed at how many times these free-willers elevate the question above the answer. But it makes sense, since they worship man above Jesus, so they are inclined to insist man's question must determine what the answer given by Jesus means.

Do you feel better that @Kermos did what you couldn't do?

Neither one of you will serious entertain a challenge to your position. You just endless claim victory and repeat yourselves.

Duh the answer was that they believe

i am amazed context is so little considered in your comments

John 6:30–40 (NASB 2020) — 30 So they said to Him, “What then are You doing as a sign, so that we may see, and believe You? What work are You performing? 31 Our fathers ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written: ‘HE GAVE THEM BREAD OUT OF HEAVEN TO EAT.’ ” 32 Jesus then said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven. 33 For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven and gives life to the world.” 34 Then they said to Him, “Lord, always give us this bread.” 35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; the one who comes to Me will not be hungry, and the one who believes in Me will never be thirsty. 36 But I said to you that you have indeed seen Me, and yet you do not believe. 37 Everything that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I certainly will not cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that of everything that He has given Me I will lose nothing, but will raise it up on the last day. 40 For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”

especially in a book such as john's where he writes that

John 20:31 (NASB 2020) — 31 but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that by believing you may have life in His name.

Duh the answer was that they believe

i am amazed context is so little considered in your comments

John 6:30–40 (NASB 2020) — 30 So they said to Him, “What then are You doing as a sign, so that we may see, and believe You? What work are You performing? 31 Our fathers ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written: ‘HE GAVE THEM BREAD OUT OF HEAVEN TO EAT.’ ” 32 Jesus then said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven. 33 For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven and gives life to the world.” 34 Then they said to Him, “Lord, always give us this bread.” 35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; the one who comes to Me will not be hungry, and the one who believes in Me will never be thirsty. 36 But I said to you that you have indeed seen Me, and yet you do not believe. 37 Everything that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I certainly will not cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that of everything that He has given Me I will lose nothing, but will raise it up on the last day. 40 For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”

especially in a book such as john's where he writes that

What must we do to be saved? Believe [trust in] the Lord Jesus. The answer is 100% correct, but it is a non-sequitur to say that the answer means we have it within our power, un-aided by God. I understand your desire for that to be true, otherwise you'd have to sacrifice a modicum of credit for your own salvation. But you keep posting the same non-sequitur over and over again.

What must we do to be saved? Believe [trust in] the Lord Jesus. The answer is 100% correct, but it is a non-sequitur to say that the answer means we have it within our power, un-aided by God. I understand your desire for that to be true, otherwise you'd have to sacrifice a modicum of credit for your own salvation. But you keep posting the same non-sequitur over and over again.
To provide an exegetical response with morphology to address the question of what must be done to be saved and the role of human effort versus divine grace, we can delve into the original Greek text of the New Testament. At least-this is how I study and still learning @The Rogue Tomato

Exegetical Analysis:
The question "What must we do to be saved?" is a fundamental inquiry addressed in the New Testament, particularly in Acts 16:30-31, where the jailer asks Paul and Silas this very question. The response given is, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household."

Morphological Analysis:
In the Greek text, the word for "believe" is "πιστεύω" (pisteuó), which conveys not just intellectual assent but a deep trust and reliance on the Lord Jesus. This verb is in the aorist tense, indicating a decisive action or moment of belief.

The phrase "in the Lord Jesus" emphasizes the object of faith, highlighting the centrality of Jesus Christ in the salvation process. The preposition "εἰς" (eis) denotes a movement towards or into, signifying a personal commitment to Christ.

Theological Implications:
The response to the question underscores the essential role of faith in salvation, emphasizing that it is through trusting in Jesus Christ that one receives salvation. This faith is not merely a human effort but a response to the grace of God, as Ephesians 2:8-9 affirms.

While human response is involved in believing, the ability to believe is ultimately a gift from God (Ephesians 2:8), highlighting the synergistic nature of salvation where human faith and divine grace work together.

Conclusion:
The exegetical and morphological analysis of the response to the question of salvation through faith in the Lord Jesus reveals a nuanced understanding that acknowledges both the necessity of human belief and the foundational role of God's grace in the salvation process. Salvation is a divine work that requires human response, highlighting the harmonious interaction between faith and grace in the journey of salvation.
By engaging with the original Greek text and theological implications, we can gain a deeper understanding of the relationship between human faith and divine grace in the context of salvation.

2) "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ," (pesteuson epi ton kurion lesoun) "Believe thou (for yourself) on the Lord Jesus." Imperatively, they commanded or exhorted this sinner, who had heard the word, and been convicted that he was not saved, to believe on or place his trust upon the Lord Jesus, with the following assurance for all who seek the Lord, Isa_45:22; Isa_55:6-7; Joh_1:16; Joh_1:18; Joh_5:24; 1Jn_5:10; Act_4:12.

3) "And thou shalt be saved," (kai sothese su) "And thou shalt (personally) be saved," exist in a saved or delivered state or condition, even as all ever saved before him had done, Act_10:43; Rom_1:16; Rom_4:3-5; Rom_4:16.

I believe Gill answers correctly-

And thou shalt be saved; from sin, and all its miserable effects and consequences; from the curses of the law, from the power of Satan, from the evil of the world, from the wrath of God, hell and damnation: this is to be understood of a spiritual and eternal salvation; for it is said, after that the jailer was inquiring about it, being terrified in his conscience with a sense of sin and wrath; and between believing in Christ, and being saved with an everlasting salvation, there is a strict and inseparable connection, Mar_16:16 though not faith, but Christ is the cause and author of salvation; faith spies salvation in Christ, goes to him for it, receives it from him, and believes unto it:

Believe
*Ac 2:38-39 [38] Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. [39] For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are far off, even as many as the Lord our God will call to himself.”

*Is 45:22 “Look to me, and be saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.

*Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who disbelieves will be condemned.

*Jn 1:12 But as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become God’s children, to those who believe in his name:

Ac 4:12 There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven that is given among men, by which we must be saved!”

Ac 8:37 null

Ac 11:13-14 [13] He told us how he had seen the angel standing in his house and saying to him, ‘Send to Joppa and get Simon, who is called Peter, [14] who will speak to you words by which you will be saved, you and all your house.’

Ac 13:38-39 [38] Be it known to you therefore, brothers, that through this man is proclaimed to you remission of sins; [39] and by him everyone who believes is justified from all things, from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Ac 15:11 But we believe that we are saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, just as they are.”

Hab 2:4 Behold, his soul is puffed up. It is not upright in him, but the righteous will live by his faith.

Jn 3:15-16 [15] that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. [16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only born Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Jn 3:36 One who believes in the Son has eternal life, but one who disobeys the Son won’t see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.”

Jn 6:40 This is the will of the one who sent me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

Jn 6:47 Most certainly, I tell you, he who believes in me has eternal life.

Jn 7:37-38 [37] Now on the last and greatest day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink! [38] He who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, from within him will flow rivers of living water.”

Jn 11:25-26 [25] Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will still live, even if he dies. [26] Whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

Jn 20:31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in his name.

Ro 5:1-2 [1] Being therefore justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; [2] through whom we also have our access by faith into this grace in which we stand. We rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Ro 10:9-10 [9] that if you will confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. [10] For with the heart one believes resulting in righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made resulting in salvation.

Ga 3:22 But the Scripture imprisoned all things under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

Ga 3:26 For you are all children of God, through faith in Christ Jesus.

Eph 2:7-8 [7] that in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus; [8] for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

1Jn 5:10-13 [10] He who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. He who doesn’t believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning his Son. [11] The testimony is this: that God gave to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. [12] He who has the Son has the life. He who doesn’t have God’s Son doesn’t have the life. [13] These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

Would you agree?

Everyone is aided by God. It is called the Gospel. The message of God preached to men by men in terms that man can easily understand.

Every day of our lives (men) we are faced with the question of mortality. Every day. God has designed this life to force us to embrace the message of Eternity.

Do not equivocate. Your position is not that with aide man can believe. Your position is God must effectively irresistibly cause him to believe because he cannot

Do not equivocate. Your position is not that with aide man can believe. Your position is God must effectively irresistibly cause him to believe because he cannot
TO ADD-

Non-Calvinist Understanding of John 6:44:

The verse does not teach predestination, but rather emphasizes the importance of faith in Jesus Christ for salvation. This interpretation is supported by the broader context of John 6, which focuses on the Bread of Life and the need for faith in Jesus.

John Chrysostom's Interpretation:
Chrysostom understood the drawing of John 6:44 as a figurative, relational concept, emphasizing the wooing of God's Spirit rather than a coercive or violent action. This interpretation aligns with the early Church Fathers' affirmation of human free will.

Raymond Brown's Interpretation:
Brown, a Roman Catholic scholar, interprets the drawing of John 6:44 as an attraction or desire, rather than compulsion. This understanding highlights the importance of human response to God's call, emphasizing the role of faith and the Holy Spirit in the salvation process.

Steven Hitchcock's Interpretation:
Hitchcock, a non-Calvinist scholar, suggests that the "given" in John 6:44 refers specifically to believers during Jesus' ministry, rather than the universal church. This interpretation emphasizes the historical context and the significance of Jesus' followers in validating His claim to being the Messiah.

Orthodox Bridge's Interpretation:
The Orthodox Bridge article critiques the Calvinist interpretation of John 6:44, highlighting issues such as proof-texting, eisegesis, and potential universalism. The article emphasizes the importance of understanding the Greek language and the context of John 6, as well as the historical theology of the early Church Fathers.

1714938388102.png

man
*Jn 6:65 He said, “For this cause I have said to you that no one can come to me, unless it is given to him by my Father.”

Jn 5:44 How can you believe, who receive glory from one another, and you don’t seek the glory that comes from the only God?

Jn 8:43 Why don’t you understand my speech? Because you can’t hear my word.

Jn 12:37-40 [37] But though he had done so many signs before them, yet they didn’t believe in him, [38] that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke: “Lord, who has believed our report? To whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?” [39] For this cause they couldn’t believe, for Isaiah said again: [40] “He has blinded their eyes and he hardened their heart, lest they should see with their eyes, and perceive with their heart, and would turn, and I would heal them.”

Is 44:18-20 [18] They don’t know, neither do they consider, for he has shut their eyes, that they can’t see, and their hearts, that they can’t understand. [19] No one thinks, neither is there knowledge nor understanding to say, “I have burned part of it in the fire. Yes, I have also baked bread on its coals. I have roasted meat and eaten it. Shall I make the rest of it into an abomination? Shall I bow down to a tree trunk?” [20] He feeds on ashes. A deceived heart has turned him aside; and he can’t deliver his soul, nor say, “Isn’t there a lie in my right hand?”

Je 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? Then may you also do good, who are accustomed to do evil.

Mt 12:34 You offspring of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

Ro 8:7-8 [7] because the mind of the flesh is hostile toward God, for it is not subject to God’s law, neither indeed can it be. [8] Those who are in the flesh can’t please God.

except
*Jn 6:65 He said, “For this cause I have said to you that no one can come to me, unless it is given to him by my Father.”

*Mt 11:25-27 [25] At that time, Jesus answered, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you hid these things from the wise and understanding, and revealed them to infants. [26] Yes, Father, for so it was well-pleasing in your sight. [27] All things have been delivered to me by my Father. No one knows the Son, except the Father; neither does anyone know the Father, except the Son and he to whom the Son desires to reveal him.

*Eph 2:4-10 [4] But God, being rich in mercy, for his great love with which he loved us, [5] even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— [6] and raised us up with him, and made us to sit with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, [7] that in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus; [8] for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, [9] not of works, that no one would boast. [10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared before that we would walk in them.

Jn 6:45 It is written in the prophets, ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Therefore everyone who hears from the Father and has learned, comes to me.

Jn 3:3-7 [3] Jesus answered him, “Most certainly I tell you, unless one is born anew, he can’t see God’s Kingdom.” [4] Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?” [5] Jesus answered, “Most certainly I tell you, unless one is born of water and Spirit, he can’t enter into God’s Kingdom. [6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh. That which is born of the Spirit is spirit. [7] Don’t marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born anew.’

Mt 16:17 Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.

Php 1:29 Because it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in him, but also to suffer on his behalf,

Col 2:12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.

Tt 3:3-5 [3] For we were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. [4] But when the kindness of God our Savior and his love toward mankind appeared, [5] not by works of righteousness which we did ourselves, but according to his mercy, he saved us through the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

draw
*Jn 12:32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”

So 1:4 Take me away with you. Let’s hurry. The king has brought me into his rooms. Friends We will be glad and rejoice in you. We will praise your love more than wine! Beloved They are right to love you.

Je 31:3 Yahweh appeared of old to me, saying, “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love. Therefore I have drawn you with loving kindness.

Ho 11:4 I drew them with cords of a man, with ties of love; and I was to them like those who lift up the yoke on their necks; and I bent down to him and I fed him.

and I
Jn 6:39-40 [39] This is the will of my Father who sent me, that of all he has given to me I should lose nothing, but should raise him up at the last day. [40] This is the will of the one who sent me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

Reciprocal
Ge 19:16 But he lingered; and the men grabbed his hand, his wife’s hand, and his two daughters’ hands, Yahweh being merciful to him; and they took him out, and set him outside of the city.

Ex 16:35 The children of Israel ate the manna forty years, until they came to an inhabited land. They ate the manna until they came to the borders of the land of Canaan.

Nu 11:8 The people went around, gathered it, and ground it in mills, or beat it in mortars, and boiled it in pots, and made cakes of it. Its taste was like the taste of fresh oil.

Ps 25:8 Good and upright is Yahweh, therefore he will instruct sinners in the way.

Ps 78:24 He rained down manna on them to eat, and gave them food from the sky.

Is 55:3 Turn your ear, and come to me. Hear, and your soul will live. I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

Je 31:19 Surely after that I was turned. I repented. After that I was instructed. I struck my thigh. I was ashamed, yes, even confounded, because I bore the reproach of my youth.’

Ho 2:14 “Therefore behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her.

Mal 3:2 “But who can endure the day of his coming? And who will stand when he appears? For he is like a refiner’s fire, and like launderers’ soap;

Mt 6:11 Give us today our daily bread.

Lk 6:47 Everyone who comes to me, and hears my words and does them, I will show you who he is like.

Lk 10:22 Turning to the disciples, he said, “All things have been delivered to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is, except the Father, and who the Father is, except the Son, and he to whomever the Son desires to reveal him.”

Lk 14:15 When one of those who sat at the table with him heard these things, he said to him, “Blessed is he who will feast in God’s Kingdom!”

Jn 6:35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will not be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

Jn 6:37 All those whom the Father gives me will come to me. He who comes to me I will in no way throw out.

Jn 7:16 Jesus therefore answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me.

Jn 10:26 But you don’t believe, because you are not of my sheep, as I told you.

Jn 11:25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will still live, even if he dies.

Ac 16:14 A certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, one who worshiped God, heard us. The Lord opened her heart to listen to the things which were spoken by Paul.

1Co 2:14 Now the natural man doesn’t receive the things of God’s Spirit, for they are foolishness to him; and he can’t know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1Co 10:3 and all ate the same spiritual food;

1Th 4:9 But concerning brotherly love, you have no need that one write to you. For you yourselves are taught by God to love one another,

2Ti 1:12 For this cause I also suffer these things. Yet I am not ashamed, for I know him whom I have believed, and I am persuaded that he is able to guard that which I have committed to him against that day.

I am not argumentative.

However-how would you exegete this verse @TomL?

Last edited:
Everyone is aided by God. It is called the Gospel. The message of God preached to men by men in terms that man can easily understand.

Every day of our lives (men) we are faced with the question of mortality. Every day. God has designed this life to force us to embrace the message of Eternity.
indeed

Romans 10:14–15 (KJV 1900) — 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

That is not my position. Apparently you don't really pay attention to what I write. Or you're simply content with misrepresenting what I've said.

Back
Top Bottom