What is the New Covenant?

The New Covenant was made with God and the House of Israel and the House of Judah.
There are no Gentiles in this covenant.

Lev. 19: 33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.

34 But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one "born among you", and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

Technically this is correct, as Paul and Jesus explains.

A Jew (Israel and Judah) is one of the heart not the flesh. As Moses tells us here, this has always been the Law of God.

Jesus confirms this truth.

John 8: 39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

None.
God is saving Gentiles without covenant otherwise if God DID make covenant with Gentiles like He did with Israel there would be problems. But God has chosen the family line in which to make His covenant.
I think it's not Glorifying God to preach to others that HE treats people differently depending on what DNA we were born with.

God made no covenant with Gentiles.
There's nothing in Scripture that says He did. It's a Jewish Covenant and Jesus is a circumcised Jewish Messiah.
Get over it.

Thankfully there are the Holy Scriptures we can trust "for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

Especially given all the warnings about religious men who come in HIS Name.

Amen to that.

He is the New Covenant and the fulfillment of the O.C. It all pointed to Him.

So I'm not sure I see an answer to my question here. Was it the same Redeemer that always provided for the forgiveness and acceptance, even spoken of to Cain? Or is there a New Redeemer?

"The New Covenant is the promise that God will forgive sin and restore fellowship with those whose hearts are turned toward Him."

I'm sorry, I just can't see this as something "New", given what the scriptures say. Perhaps I am missing something.

Lev. 19: 33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.
34 But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one "born among you", and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
These would be the descendants of Ishmael and Esau.

12 And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man’s hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren. Gen. 16:12.

Not covenant but nearby.
Technically this is correct, as Paul and Jesus explains.
A Jew (Israel and Judah) is one of the heart not the flesh. As Moses tells us here, this has always been the Law of God.
Jesus confirms this truth.
John 8: 39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
I think it's not Glorifying God to preach to others that HE treats people differently depending on what DNA we were born with.
I just go with what Scripture says.

These Pharisees were Abraham's children. All the children of Israel are the children of Abraham.
Thankfully there are the Holy Scriptures we can trust "for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."
Especially given all the warnings about religious men who come in HIS Name.
Amen to that.

The New Covenant, is Jesus on the Cross, having died, and now resurrected.

Its a eternal Blood covenant.

Its the Blood Atonement.

Yes, and it's a covenant made with the House of Israel as per prophecy and covenant and the prophet Jeremiah in 31.

My home is in Israel.

Let me assure you that Yeshua Messiah died for the sin of the world.. as per :

John 3:16-17

2nd Corinthians 5:19

You might consider trying to understand/research why Jesus sent Paul.....

Start with this verse if you have time... Acts 9:15

I'll try to help you by posting some different "bibles" verses for you.
-

New International Version
But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.

New Living Translation
But the Lord said, “Go, for Saul is my chosen instrument to take my message to the Gentiles and to kings, as well as to the people of Israel.

English Standard Version
But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.

Berean Standard Bible
“Go!” said the Lord. “This man is My chosen instrument to carry My name before the Gentiles and their kings, and before the people of Israel.

Berean Literal Bible
But the Lord said to him, "Go, for this man is My vessel of choice to carry My name before the Gentiles, and also kings, and the sons of Israel.

King James Bible
But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

New King James Version
But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.

New American Standard Bible
But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen instrument of Mine, to bear My name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel;

NASB 1995
But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen instrument of Mine, to bear My name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel;

NASB 1977

Legacy Standard Bible

Amplified Bible
But the Lord said to him, “Go, for this man is a [deliberately] chosen instrument of Mine, to bear My name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel;

Christian Standard Bible
But the Lord said to him, “Go, for this man is my chosen instrument to take my name to Gentiles, kings, and Israelites.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
But the Lord said to him, “Go! For this man is My chosen instrument to take My name to Gentiles, kings, and the Israelites.

American Standard Version
But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles and kings, and the children of Israel:

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And THE LORD JEHOVAH said to him, “Arise, go, because he is a chosen vessel to me to take my name to the Gentiles and Kings and among the children of Israel.”

Contemporary English Version
The Lord said to Ananias, "Go! I have chosen him to tell foreigners, kings, and the people of Israel about me.

My home is in Israel.

Let me assure you that Yeshua Messiah died for the sin of the world.. as per :

John 3:16-17

2nd Corinthians 5:19

You might consider trying to understand/research why Jesus sent Paul.....

Start with this verse if you have time... Acts 9:15

I'll try to help you by posting some different "bibles" verses for you.
-

New International Version
But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.

New Living Translation
But the Lord said, “Go, for Saul is my chosen instrument to take my message to the Gentiles and to kings, as well as to the people of Israel.

English Standard Version
But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.

Berean Standard Bible
“Go!” said the Lord. “This man is My chosen instrument to carry My name before the Gentiles and their kings, and before the people of Israel.

Berean Literal Bible
But the Lord said to him, "Go, for this man is My vessel of choice to carry My name before the Gentiles, and also kings, and the sons of Israel.

King James Bible
But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

New King James Version
But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.

New American Standard Bible

NASB 1995

NASB 1977

Legacy Standard Bible

Amplified Bible
But the Lord said to him, “Go, for this man is a [deliberately] chosen instrument of Mine, to bear My name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel;

Christian Standard Bible
But the Lord said to him, “Go, for this man is my chosen instrument to take my name to Gentiles, kings, and Israelites.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
But the Lord said to him, “Go! For this man is My chosen instrument to take My name to Gentiles, kings, and the Israelites.

American Standard Version
But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles and kings, and the children of Israel:

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And THE LORD JEHOVAH said to him, “Arise, go, because he is a chosen vessel to me to take my name to the Gentiles and Kings and among the children of Israel.”

Contemporary English Version
The Lord said to Ananias, "Go! I have chosen him to tell foreigners, kings, and the people of Israel about me.
There is only one Greek word that is used several ways. It is the word "kosmos" and it refers to the earth/planet and also that which is on the planet, specifically, the inhabitants.
Since the New Covenant prophesied in Jeremiah 31 is made with the House of Israel the word "kosmos" is understood in context to whom is being addressed, that is, the House of Israel. They are "the world," the inhabitants of the New Covenant.

It makes no sense for God to make a covenant - new or old - with the house of Israel and send Israel's Messiah to the lost sheep of the house of Israel to change the covenant to include the "world" at large.
God made no covenant with Gentiles. Gentiles are being saved without a covenant no matter how much you want to include Gentiles in the New Covenant God made with the house of Israel.

The New Covenant Church was founded by Jews as 3000 Jews were saved and born again in Acts 2 during one of three yearly feasts Jewish males were commanded to attend. And attend they did. Coming from far distant and nearby Gentile lands where the twelve tribes of Israel were scattered during the Assyrian and Babylonian conquests. When King Cyrus allowed the children of Israel to return to their God-given land only a remnant returned, and the majority stayed in Gentile lands.

When Paul and Barnabas began their travels about 20 years after Paul was born again, they went into Gentile lands and to the local synagogues. There, they find out Jewish Christians were now gathering in their homes since the Jews could not reconcile their Messiah died on a tree. When Paul left these places after visiting Jewish Christians in the founded churches at Corinth, Ephesus, Philippi, etc., he wrote THEM letters and discussed many various issues confronting the Jewish Christians in their churches, one was the effect of Messiah on the Law of Moses and the Abrahamic Covenant. They also had to deal with what to do with Gentiles becoming saved and wanting inclusion into their home churches.

The New Covenant writings of Paul, Peter, James, John, Matthew, etc., were written to Jewish Christians. They were not addressed to Gentiles. Why should they be? It was a Jewish Messiah and He came to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. He did not come to the lost sheep of the house of Gentiles for God made no covenant with Gentiles.

It makes no sense for God to make a covenant -

The Old Covenant can't offer righteousness, nor can it "impute" righteousness.

See, all the Law and Commandments can do for the unbeliever is define then as a sinner and judge them guilty, before God,
That is why they were created.

= Galatians 3:24

The Law/commandments were created to show you that you are unrighteous before a Holy God, and from that revelation, you go to the Cross of Christ to find God's Forgiveness, and "The Gift of Salvation" and "The Gift of Righteousness".

The Old Covenant can't offer righteousness, nor can it "impute" righteousness.
Identify the "Law" God promised to put in our inward parts as per Jeremiah 31:33. And please don't say "the Law of Christ" because then I'll ask you to identify that.
See, all the Law and Commandments can do for the unbeliever is define then as a sinner and judge them guilty, before God,
That is why they were created.

= Galatians 3:24
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal. 3:24.

Do you agree the Law(s) of God are His Commands and the Commands of God are Law?
The Law/commandments were created to show you that you are unrighteous before a Holy God, and from that revelation, you go to the Cross of Christ to find God's Forgiveness, and "The Gift of Salvation" and "The Gift of Righteousness".
No one "goes" to the cross. No one "seeks God (Rom. 3:11.)
The unsaved love darkness and hate the light neither "go" to the light.
Before salvation we are in bondage to sin and serve only ONE master at a time.
And it is not God.

Identify the "Law" God promised to put in our inward parts as per Jeremiah 31:33. And please don't say "the Law of Christ" because then I'll ask you to identify that.

Moses's Law is not the Law of Christ.

"The Law came by Moses"... "Grace and TRUTH", John 14:6.... came by Jesus The Christ.
No one "goes" to the cross. No one "seeks God (Rom. 3:11.)

You'll kneel before the Cross of Christ repenting of your unbelief., or you'll never know Christ as your Redeemer.

This is "The Law brings us to Christ".... So That we can be forgiven and "Justified by Faith".

This is "Faith is counted as (Christ's) Righteous.

These would be the descendants of Ishmael and Esau.

12 And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man’s hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren. Gen. 16:12.

Not covenant but nearby.

I just go with what Scripture says.

These Pharisees were Abraham's children. All the children of Israel are the children of Abraham.
How do you handle this passage with Jesus words to the Pharisees ?

John 8
“Abraham is our father,” they answered.

“If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you would do what Abraham did. 40 As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41 You are doing the works of your own father.”

“We are not illegitimate children,” they protested. “The only Father we have is God himself.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

Moses's Law is not the Law of Christ.
"The Law came by Moses"... "Grace and TRUTH", John 14:6.... came by Jesus The Christ.
You haven't answered my question. Please define the "Law" God promised to put in the inward part of the Jews under the New Covenant. I added to please not answer with "It's the Law of Christ" for then I ask define the "Law of Christ."
But define the Law" God promised to put in the inward parts of His covenant people Israel when they are saved.

And many don't understand the Law of Moses does have grace which come in this Covenant.
Starting with just the fact that God has covenant with the children of Israel in the desert which if He didn't they would all be lost from Him as the Gentiles which have not the Law or covenant of God.
For hundreds of years while Abraham and his descendants enjoyed God's covenant or protection, deliverance, and salvation Gentiles outside this covenant were born and died without God. Millions of Gentiles died in this way.
The same with the Mosaic Law - the middle wall partition separating God's covenant people from those not covenant - mainly Gentiles. Even then Gentiles would be born and die outside covenant and be eternally separated from God. There was no grace for them.
You'll kneel before the Cross of Christ repenting of your unbelief., or you'll never know Christ as your Redeemer.
No one kneels before God or His Christ while they are in bondage to their sin. Unless God makes the first move men will not come to Christ for, they love darkness and HATE the light, neither come to the light Jesus Himself says in John 3:19-20, and Paul, "No man seeks God" in Romans 3:11.
This is "The Law brings us to Christ".... So That we can be forgiven and "Justified by Faith".
That Law you erroneously apply to Gentiles has nothing to do with Gentiles. That Law was covenant between God and the children of Israel and NOT with Gentiles. So, in context it is THEIR Law (of Moses) that brings THEM to Christ and "justified by faith" which is a gift given to them by God as part of the salvation package.
This is "Faith is counted as (Christ's) Righteous.
Yes, to the Jew in covenant.
God made no covenant with Gentiles nor with the seed of any Gentile.

You haven't answered my question. Please define the "Law"

I think what you originally said was.... something about the Law of Christ, not being the Law of Moses.
So, its best if you dont change your words.
Thx.

And many don't understand the Law of Moses does have grace which come in this Covenant.

"Jesus has redeemed the born again from the CURSE of THE LAW" (of Moses)

Unless God makes the first move men will not come to Christ.

John 3:16, is God "making the first move" for EVERYONE who has a heartbeat.

That Law you erroneously apply to Gentiles has nothing to do with Gentiles.

The born again are "not under the LAW .. .but under GRACE".

The Law is OLD Covenant,(Moses (old Testament)... The Cross of Christ is New Testament, New Covenant.

"Christ has redeemed the born again, from the CURSE OF Moses Law".

"Christ is the END of THE LAW....for RIGHTEOUSNESS, to/for everyone who BELIEVES"

God made no covenant with Gentiles nor with the seed of any Gentile.

The Cross of Christ is given to the world. John 3:16

How do you handle this passage with Jesus words to the Pharisees ?
John 8
“Abraham is our father,” they answered.
“If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you would do what Abraham did. 40 As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41 You are doing the works of your own father.”
“We are not illegitimate children,” they protested. “The only Father we have is God himself.”
42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”
Yes, they had trouble with this guy. First, they thought Jesus came from Galilee (which He did) and understood no prophets ever came from Galilee, which was true, but they did not know Jesus was born in the hometown of His stepfather and David - Bethlehem.
Second, they thought Jesus was illegitimate being conceived outside of marriage (Jn. 8:41.)
Third, they were in fact children of Abraham by lineage, but Jesus was addressing their acts to murder Him which Abraham never sought to do (couldn't. Jesus wasn't born yet. But Jesus is addressing their behavior not their lineage.)

Verse 43 is kinda self-serving since it is God who opens the blind eye and the understanding of the mind. Here's a passage directly applicable to the conversation:

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. Mt 13:10–11.

11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: Mk 4:11.

As God hardened the 'heart' of Pharoah so God blinded and hardened the 'hearts' of many Pharisees.
Now the word "devil" in 8:44 is an adjective, not a noun or pronoun, and it makes bad grammar to try to change it into a noun or personal pronoun. The word means "traducer" or someone who impugns the character of another - which is what Judas had to do to obtain 30 pieces of silver. If you identify "devil" in this verse as "Satan" or Lucifer" that's not possible for the angels that sinned are cast down to hell, delivered in chains of darkness awaiting judgment day (2 Peter 2:4), so being adjective the KJV translators use "devil" when "traducer" would have been less confusing. Yet, a man can only have one father, naturally or spiritually.

But at the end Jesus declares those in front of Him and part of the attack are not of God (their names are not in the book of life of the lamb slain from [before] the foundation (creation) of the world.)
But in Acts 6:7 it does say a "great company of priests were obedient to the faith."
Would a "great company" out of 70 be the majority?

I think what you originally said was.... something about the Law of Christ, not being the Law of Moses.
Thx.
That's not correct. Read #149.
This applies to Israel. Gentiles have never been under the Law.
The "everyone" is in context to the people in covenant with God: Israel
The Law is OLD Covenant,(Moses (old Testament)... The Cross of Christ is New Testament, New Covenant.
"Christ is the END of THE LAW....for RIGHTEOUSNESS, to/for everyone who BELIEVES"
The cross of Christ was given to Israel as per covenant and prophecy.
So, read it in this context.

Thx.

Not changing word. What I said is in #149.
Go there and answer my questions.

Are you going to tell me your understanding of "What Law" is being referred to the God promised to put in the 'hearts' of His covenant people?
And I'm anticipating you're going to say, "Law of Christ."
If you do show me a description in Scripture of an example.

Hebrews 8:10
That doesn't answer my question.
You merely took me to a passage of the New Covenant Paul quoted from Jeremiah 31.
I asked you to define it, not quote the passage that states it.
What Law has God put in the inward parts of His covenant people?
Methinks thou canst not answer this because you just don't know what Law.
But I know.

Back
Top Bottom