What do 7th Day Adventists Believe ?

We are NOT to keep the Sabbath in the flesh, but the letter of the law. Period. Why can't you understand what is written?
"Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy." Do you understand what is written? It's a day CL. And unless you have found a verse in scripture declaring a change in its character, then it's still holy. And God is asking you to remember that. Why fight it? Is it so onerous and burdensome and bothersome that you can't set aside one day to focus solely on Jesus?

It proves the 7th day command of the Old Covenant is not binding for people who live in the northern regions where for a period of time there isn't any sunset
I guess then that frees Sabbath keepers from having to take time off work... They can work every day for the rest of their lives and die of overwork and chronic fatigue syndrome. I'm sure my church will celebrate that next week when I announce it.
You should also share that with Sunday keepers yeah? Why should Seventh Day Adventist and seventh day Baptists, and Jews and Messianics have all the fun?
Thanks for proving that they can't obey this Old Covenant command.

Your comments made mention of an "earthly sanctuary" - that the 2nd & last phases take place “in the most holy place of the earthly sanctuary”. Was that quoted person mistaken?

BTW, I do understand the concept of types and antitypes but that does not answer my question.
Yes, the OT sanctuary...
KJV Hebrews 8:4-5
4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the moun
t.

Yes, the OT sanctuary...
KJV Hebrews 8:4-5
4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the moun
t.
Thank you for taking the time to respond. That sanctuary was destroyed by the Romans around 70AD. It is under heavy rubble even to this day. How could anyone enter that sanctuary at 1844?

(Dan 8:14) And he said to me, “For two thousand three hundred days; then the sanctuary shall be cleansed.”

What's left for Judgment Day to do when all highlighted events will occur at a "pre-Advent judgment"?
I didn't say all those events took place at the pre-advent judgement. Daniel was observing in vision at a series of events that began with the rise of Babylon to the second coming. See Daniel 2. Daniel 7 offers more detail of the same timeline. Daniel 8 singles out certain events to fill in more gaps, including the heavenly sanctuary event that began in 1844. This could not possibly be an OT event as the little horn that caught his attention didn't rise out of pagan Rome, the 4th beast of Daniel 7, until the 6th century.
The investigative judgement ends at the second coming, as our High Priest leaves the sanctuary to return to Earth to take us home. By then all decisions have been made. All heaven is then satisfied that those who are to be taken, aren't faking it. And those being left behind, are a genuine threat to the security of heaven being unsaved and unrepentant.
Daniel 7:10-14 covers a time span, so far, of 180 odd years.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. That sanctuary was destroyed by the Romans around 70AD. It is under heavy rubble even to this day. How could anyone enter that sanctuary at 1844?

(Dan 8:14) And he said to me, “For two thousand three hundred days; then the sanctuary shall be cleansed.”
The OT earthly sanctuary is the type... The services and rituals that Moses gave Israel in the wilderness are types and shadows of the gospel. For Israel they were a demonstration of the grace and mercy of God through sacrifice, prefiguring the death and resurrection of their coming Messiah.
Daniel 8:14 mentions 2300 days. We use the day for a year principle, just as the reformers did, when studying prophecy. That time period culminated in 1844. Hence it is referring to the heavenly sanctuary. Screenshot_2023-01-28-16-22-44-63.jpg

The OT earthly sanctuary is the type... The services and rituals that Moses gave Israel in the wilderness are types and shadows of the gospel. For Israel they were a demonstration of the grace and mercy of God through sacrifice, prefiguring the death and resurrection of their coming Messiah.
Daniel 8:14 mentions 2300 days. We use the day for a year principle, just as the reformers did, when studying prophecy. That time period culminated in 1844. Hence it is referring to the heavenly sanctuary. View attachment 166
Question: why would a heavenly sanctuary need cleansing?

Dan 8:14) And he said to me, “For two thousand three hundred days; then the sanctuary shall be cleansed.”

Thanks for that timeline. I'll study it.

I think you need to take this up with Jesus,

Once iIread the above I knew not to bother even reading the rest of your drivel.

Those living in the Northern Regions do not have a sunset for more than 2 months of the year.

Thus, your outlandish position that all must obey "the sunset to sunset" 7th day Sabbath is demolished.

I guess then that frees Sabbath keepers from having to take time off work... They can work every day for the rest of their lives and die of overwork and chronic fatigue syndrome. I'm sure my church will celebrate that next week when I announce it.

Irrelevant to the fact that there is no sunset in these regions for more than 2 months of the year.
You can whine and whimper all you want, but it doesn't support the SDA's false belief at all.

You should also share that with Sunday keepers yeah? Why should Seventh Day Adventist and seventh day Baptists, and Jews and Messianics have all the fun?

Strawman.

"Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy." Do you understand what is written? It's a day CL. And unless you have found a verse in scripture declaring a change in its character, then it's still holy. And God is asking you to remember that. Why fight it? Is it so onerous and burdensome and bothersome that you can't set aside one day to focus solely on Jesus?
That is in Exodus 20 - I know it well. In fact when I was a child I memorized all of the Ten Commandments word for word. LOL

Now as an adult, I realize that the Ten Commandments were the Old Covenant (EX. 34:28). Galatians 3: says 19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made. The Seed is Jesus. That means Jesus brought in a New Covenant, a supernatural covenant that changes our sin nature. It was created a human nature, but when Adam sinned he gave authority over to Satan, thus sin was put into the human nature and all inherited that sin nature from then on. But when Jesus died He destroyed the works of the devil, so we no longer commit the transgressions that caused a need for the Law.

1 John 3:8-9
8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.
1 John 3:23-24
23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.
24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Now you can either keep the Ten Commandments and try to save yourself, or you can believe in Jesus and let Him supernaturally live inside you so you will not sin.

One day? Is that all? The New Covenant is based on resting in Jesus 24/7/365. I rest in Jesus in the SPIRIT all the time. That is the New Covenant. The Old Covenant is of the flesh, and based on a physical day with letter of the law rules.

But I still love those pot luck lunches after church at SDA churches! Do you like Choplets? I love them! I have a recipe!

You can whine and whimper all you want, but it doesn't support the SDA's false belief at all.
Well, you can whine and whimper all you want, but I am not going to budge one iota because I believe in the scriptures. It isn't false, and you can appeal to the penguins all day long, but it doesn't change the fact that God is not an arbitrary tyrant who is going to jump up and down upon His child for doing all he can to obey the commandment to keep holy the seventh day. Not so I think He approves of legalistic Pharisees t removing the entire commandment because a few people honour it slightly different from the rest of the world. There are Jewish communities in Norway and Sweden who have the same problem. They manage.
Now you can either keep the Ten Commandments and try to save yourself
Note that's an interesting statement. Is that really what you think this conversation is all about? Keeping the commandments in order to save one self?

Question: why would a heavenly sanctuary need cleansing?

Dan 8:14) And he said to me, “For two thousand three hundred days; then the sanctuary shall be cleansed.”

Thanks for that timeline. I'll study it.
KJV Hebrews 9:23
23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

One day? Is that all?
You know better than that. I'm surprised you are talking that track...making out that Adventists only worship one day in the week. You know better.
The New Covenant is based on resting in Jesus 24/7/365. I rest in Jesus in the SPIRIT all the time. That is the New Covenant. The Old Covenant is of the flesh, and based on a physical day with letter of the law rules.
That doesn't answer the issue CL. The day, that very real literal 7th day that comes round faithfully every week, and has done for 6000 years, the very day that Jesus Himself made holy, sanctified, and set aside for mankind's benefit, is still holy. It's going to come around next week and ask the same question it asked last week, and the week before that...when are you going to remember?
The Old Covenant is of the flesh, and based on a physical day
It's it? I thought it was based on God's promise to Abraham that his spiritual children, the children of the true Israel, Jesus, would be given a new home.

KJV Hebrews 9:23
23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
It looks like the patterns need to be purified, not that which is in heaven. How do you interpret that verse?

I'm studying the timeline you sent me. I'll be commenting on it soon.

Well, you can whine and whimper all you want, but I am not going to budge one iota because I believe in the scriptures.

Correction, you won't budge because you believe in your false interpretation of Scriptures.

Person A: You must obey the sunset to sunset 7th day Sabbath command.
Person B: I live in Barrow, Alaska and for over two months of the year there is absolutely no sunset.
Person A: Well, do what you can in obeying it.
Person B: How is that possible when no sunset for this time period even exists?
Person A: Well you figure it out. Do the best you can. By the way why do you choose to live in such a place?
Person B: Forget it. Your false teaching doesn't apply.
Person A: I'm not budging from my belief in this thing.
Person B: Have fun with your god.

Last edited:
One could argue like temple commands "applies if possible" or something I guess.

If I were an OT Jew, you better believe I would keep the Sabbath.

NT, not so much.

A common error in the Sabbath-keeping debate is the concept that the Sabbath was the day of worship. Groups such as the Seventh Day Adventists hold that God requires the church service to be held on Saturday, the Sabbath day. That is not what the Sabbath command was. The Sabbath command was to do no work on the Sabbath day (Exodus 20:8-11). Yes, Jews in Old Testament, New Testament, and modern times use Saturday as the day of worship, but that is not the essence of the Sabbath command. In the book of Acts, whenever a meeting is said to be on the Sabbath, it is a meeting of Jews and/or Gentile converts to Judaism, not Christians.

When did the early Christians meet? Acts 2:46-47 gives us the answer, “Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.” If there was a day that Christians met regularly, it was the first day of the week (our Sunday), not the Sabbath day (our Saturday) (Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 16:2). In honor of Christ’s resurrection on Sunday, the early Christians observed Sunday not as the “Christian Sabbath” but as a day to especially worship Jesus Christ.

Is there anything wrong with worshiping on Saturday, the Jewish Sabbath? Absolutely not! We should worship God every day, not just on Saturday or Sunday! Many churches today have both Saturday and Sunday services. There is freedom in Christ (Romans 8:21; 2 Corinthians 3:17; Galatians 5:1). Should a Christian practice Sabbath-keeping, that is, not working on Saturdays? If a Christian feels led to do so, absolutely, yes (Romans 14:5). However, those who choose to practice Sabbath-keeping should not judge those who do not keep the Sabbath (Colossians 2:16). Further, those who do not keep the Sabbath should avoid being a stumbling block (1 Corinthians 8:9) to those who do keep the Sabbath. Galatians 5:13-15 sums up the whole issue: “You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. The entire law is summed up in a single command: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.”got?

hope this helps !!!

A common error in the Sabbath-keeping debate is the concept that the Sabbath was the day of worship. Groups such as the Seventh Day Adventists hold that God requires the church service to be held on Saturday, the Sabbath day. That is not what the Sabbath command was. The Sabbath command was to do no work on the Sabbath day (Exodus 20:8-11). Yes, Jews in Old Testament, New Testament, and modern times use Saturday as the day of worship, but that is not the essence of the Sabbath command. In the book of Acts, whenever a meeting is said to be on the Sabbath, it is a meeting of Jews and/or Gentile converts to Judaism, not Christians.

When did the early Christians meet? Acts 2:46-47 gives us the answer, “Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.” If there was a day that Christians met regularly, it was the first day of the week (our Sunday), not the Sabbath day (our Saturday) (Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 16:2). In honor of Christ’s resurrection on Sunday, the early Christians observed Sunday not as the “Christian Sabbath” but as a day to especially worship Jesus Christ.

Is there anything wrong with worshiping on Saturday, the Jewish Sabbath? Absolutely not! We should worship God every day, not just on Saturday or Sunday! Many churches today have both Saturday and Sunday services. There is freedom in Christ (Romans 8:21; 2 Corinthians 3:17; Galatians 5:1). Should a Christian practice Sabbath-keeping, that is, not working on Saturdays? If a Christian feels led to do so, absolutely, yes (Romans 14:5). However, those who choose to practice Sabbath-keeping should not judge those who do not keep the Sabbath (Colossians 2:16). Further, those who do not keep the Sabbath should avoid being a stumbling block (1 Corinthians 8:9) to those who do keep the Sabbath. Galatians 5:13-15 sums up the whole issue: “You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. The entire law is summed up in a single command: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.”got?

hope this helps !!!
In Greek, it's interesting that Saturday is Sabbath day and Sunday is Lord's day. The best of all worlds.

Back
Top Bottom