Veneration of Mary

by all means if know all this please elaborate with Mary because to be honest with you your claim aint there :unsure: . i realize your tradition let me share scripture traditions of men.

Mark 7:7-13​

King James Version​

7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

please using scripture show us our error using Scripture this is the only way remember ALL scripture is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:” so here is your chance the floor is yours BTW if you come back with another speech and no scripture i will point out YOUR error with Scripture .. you know the phrase that turns your world upside down solo scripture

sigh once again you have accused me with out evidence so far your theology with Mary is vain traditions Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. hmm everything i posted is truth

once agin show us /me my error show ,me where Gods most perfect creation in Mary!

God perfect creation is in Christ Jesus way truth life here is the question are you up for the challenge you claim Catholics know and understand .. show us by using scripture especially your mary claim btw i have not insulted her.. only rebuked your claim .

i look forward to reading your reply with SCRIPTURE .. no scripture means you dont know
Stop posting at all on christianity.
You cannot even get the basics right.

Jesus was begotten not created John 3:16. scripture. And in the creed.
JEHOVAHS WITNESS BELIEVE THE SAME AS YOU AND YOUR CULT , created!!

YOU INSULT OUR LORD IN EVERY POST
With your vain deceit, you promote the traditions of men, and JWS

Go and create a new thread for for your offbeat CULT IT IS NOT CHRISTIANITy
Yet again you LIE about catholic belief,
We believe we are saved by grace through faith. Where works are a product of obedience , and merit God not us.
IT IS A DISGRACE you criticise catholicism when You know NOTHING about it

I am thorough discussing with an apostate like you! Saying Jesus is created.
How dare you? go join JW who think like you, and they are just as illinformed as you about scripture.

Get off a Christian thread And forum. You are nothing of the sort,
Im done talking to cultists.

how pointless it is discussing the true Christian faith with anti catholics.
I do not believe that there is anyone on this forum that is "anti catholic". What we are seeking is the Truth that is found only in Scripture, and how best to find and explain that truth; thus the true Christian faith.

The problem that arises is that those of the catholic faith believe and preach many things that are not in Scripture at all, and others that are expressly taught against in Scripture.
One of the easiest to address, and most egregiously violated by the catholic (and many of the "orthodox") religion(s) is the operation of a separate clergy class that is addressed as "father", or "reverend", or any other title of superiority. First off, we are expressly forbidden by Jesus Himself from calling any man father, or master, or teacher, or any other title that suggests superiority. We who are in Christ are all brothers and sisters, and on an equal position with each other in relation to Jesus (Matt 23:8-12). And we who are in Christ are all equally priests under Jesus, our High Priest (1 Pet 2:9, Heb 4:14). So there is absolutely no need for, and an absolute mandate to avoid, calling any man "father" and making him a priest over us to intercede with God on our behalf.

A second that is easy to address is the veneration of a select class of "saints" who have met some arbitrary, nonBiblical set of requirements who also intercede for us with God. All of those who are in Christ are not only priests to God, but are also saints (Rom 1:7, 1 Cor 1:2, Col 1:2, Eph 1:1).

Another would be the veneration of individuals like Peter, Mary, and other leaders of the Church down through history. There is only one person who intercedes for the Church with God, and that is our High Priest who lived on this Earth, was tempted in every way as we are yet without sin, and lives still to this day at the right hand of the Father (Heb 4:15-16). He is the only one to whom our prayers should be addressed (1 Tim 2:5, Heb 7:25, John 14:13-14) and no one else. Since Jesus is God (thus all knowing, all powerful, and ever present), there is no need for another mediator between us and God, and no other who can do for us what Jesus can do. And "Saint" would be another of the terms of elevation that would be condemned under Matt 23:8-12 if it is applied only to a select group within the Church rather than the Church as a whole.

Stop posting at all on christianity.
You cannot even get the basics right.

Jesus was begotten not created John 3:16. scripture. And in the creed.
JEHOVAHS WITNESS BELIEVE THE SAME AS YOU AND YOUR CULT , created!!

YOU INSULT OUR LORD IN EVERY POST
With your vain deceit, you promote the traditions of men, and JWS

Go and create a new thread for for your offbeat CULT IT IS NOT CHRISTIANITy
Yet again you LIE about catholic belief,
We believe we are saved by grace through faith. Where works are a product of obedience , and merit God not us.
IT IS A DISGRACE you criticise catholicism when You know NOTHING about it

How dare you? go join JW who think like you, and they are just as illinformed as you about scripture.

Get off a Christian thread And forum. You are nothing of the sort,
Im done talking to cultists.
honestly YOU have serious issues .i gave you scriptures i asked you show my error using scriptures . you reply with a carnal message . ii hope someday your eyes are open

i have yet to see a discussion from you all you can do is post insults and lies . i am through post your trash talk all you want

I do not believe that there is anyone on this forum that is "anti catholic". What we are seeking is the Truth that is found only in Scripture, and how best to find and explain that truth; thus the true Christian faith.

The problem that arises is that those of the catholic faith believe and preach many things that are not in Scripture at all, and others that are expressly taught against in Scripture.
One of the easiest to address, and most egregiously violated by the catholic (and many of the "orthodox") religion(s) is the operation of a separate clergy class that is addressed as "father", or "reverend", or any other title of superiority. First off, we are expressly forbidden by Jesus Himself from calling any man father, or master, or teacher, or any other title that suggests superiority. We who are in Christ are all brothers and sisters, and on an equal position with each other in relation to Jesus (Matt 23:8-12). And we who are in Christ are all equally priests under Jesus, our High Priest (1 Pet 2:9, Heb 4:14). So there is absolutely no need for, and an absolute mandate to avoid, calling any man "father" and making him a priest over us to intercede with God on our behalf.

A second that is easy to address is the veneration of a select class of "saints" who have met some arbitrary, nonBiblical set of requirements who also intercede for us with God. All of those who are in Christ are not only priests to God, but are also saints (Rom 1:7, 1 Cor 1:2, Col 1:2, Eph 1:1).

Another would be the veneration of individuals like Peter, Mary, and other leaders of the Church down through history. There is only one person who intercedes for the Church with God, and that is our High Priest who lived on this Earth, was tempted in every way as we are yet without sin, and lives still to this day at the right hand of the Father (Heb 4:15-16). He is the only one to whom our prayers should be addressed (1 Tim 2:5, Heb 7:25, John 14:13-14) and no one else. Since Jesus is God (thus all knowing, all powerful, and ever present), there is no need for another mediator between us and God, and no other who can do for us what Jesus can do. And "Saint" would be another of the terms of elevation that would be condemned under Matt 23:8-12 if it is applied only to a select group within the Church rather than the Church as a whole.
I have said all this many times before , so it is pointless repeating , and I do so only because you are civil, which I applaud
so only because of that and one last time.

On the contrary, the Catholic Church is the church originated with Christ.
The New Testament did not exist in that early church, nor would it for centuries Till the same Catholic Church decided it with the powers vested in it by Christ to “bind and loose”

The early church “ handed down “ the true faith ( paradosis, traditon) ) only valid by those “ sent “ to preach . So scripture and history clearly tells us. The church handed down meaning as tradition and authority Decisions taken by council.

That is why scripture identifies the CHURCH not scripture as the foundation of truth, and tells us that traditon is true,
Tradition is not in conflict with scripture onky YOUR personal interpretation of scripture, and false understanding if you think they ever conflict, you are the problem not scripture. So think again.

The problem is the false man made reformation tradition of sola scriptura.

The early church was not sola scriptura, which was demonstrably false made easily provable false in many ways. It islogically, historically and scriptural disprovable as are many of your above statements.
Jesus gave power to resolve disputes to a succession. You should listen to them.

Proof sola scriptura is false , is that you ALL DISAGREE on the meaning of scriptiure on EVERY major issue of doctrine.

The stupidity of it , is none of you ever ask why the reformers all disagreed with each other, their eponymous denominations all disagree with thsm , which have since split into tens of thousands of bits , as yet another illinformed arrogant know it all decides it means something else, so schisms! The answer is NONE of you PROVABLY understavs scripture

So Why don’t you attack each other , like the cult of ezranism ( or other ridiculous Protestant sects)
? Why only Catholicism ?

The problem with you all deciding that “ your personal meaning of scripture “ trumps what Jesus handed down, is you end up with all the old heresies.
Ezra believes like JWs that Jesus was “ created” when Scripture is clear he was begotten!
Ezra reinvented arianism, just as some pentecostals reinvented modalism.
Without the authority of Jesus church you end up believing anything.

As for some of the more frankly MORONIC attacks you use have you never asked , why Paul and abraham called themselves “father” ? Are they apostate in your view too ? GOD told Abraham to call himself FATHER . Should abraham not obey God?
You all read the same book of anti catholic nonsense! Real explanation - Jesus used hyperbole!
Do you research none of your mindless criticisms?

You forget , I was a Protestant and fundamentalist , I saw all the flaws in their doctrine.
I saw. the nasty anti catholic hostility - many Baptists and calvinists are probably worst , but then Calvin was an odious man.

So , I will end this where I began.
if you want TRUE doctrine start with the early church.
Find out what it handed down.
What scriptiure really means. We catholics know it inside out and what it meabs.

The lamb for sacrifice started with Abraham
That led to the paschal lamb Which was eaten At Passover.
Jesus identifies himself as the new paschal lamb To be eaten.
He was born in an eating trough. In the “ house of bread”
It is himself eaten in the eucharist .
So we know from johns disciples that is what the eucharist is, what John said John6 means!

we know because Long before there was a New Testament, a few decades after Christ, the disciple of John ignatius , taught by John tells us in ignatius to smyrneans , that it isa Eucharist of the real body, validONLY if presided by bishop in succession.
Confirming the real flesh of the eucharist , the eternal sacrifice ever present, and the succession and importance of priesthood from the first days of the church!!

unless you are a catholic ( or orthodox) you have neither valid Eucharist, valid succession , or valid faith handed down

All you have is one more variant of faux christianity, that proliferators as man’s arrogance took over in the reformation.
You all put your fallible wisdom, higher than Gods truth !

So study history,
if you do you will come back to Rome .

Tell proven Arian apostate Erpzra to stop insulting me in private message.
Signing out.

When you work out why you all disagree with each other, you will know your method is False reformation teaching.

Last edited:
I have said all this many times before , so it is pointless repeating , and I do so only because you are civil, which I applaud
so only because of that and one last time.
Thank you, but it does not matter how many times you restate a falsehood, that does not turn it into a truth.
On the contrary, the Catholic Church is the church originated with Christ.
The catholic church did not start until around 590AD. (According to The Moody Handbook of Theology, the official beginning of the Roman Catholic church occurred in 590AD, with Pope Gregory I.) Priests of the catholic church retroactively look back to earlier events and shape them into what the catholic church became, but Peter was not the first pope (that was Gregory I).
The New Testament did not exist in that early church, nor would it for centuries Till the same Catholic Church decided it with the powers vested in it by Christ to “bind and loose”
The catholic church was not given the authority to "bind and loose". That authority was given to the Apostles, and (although it is debated) to either all followers of Christ, or only to the Elders of each congregation. The catholic church assumes that this authority is reserved to them, but I believe that the authority is given to all followers of Christ.

The early Followers compiled the writings that became the Bible in the second to the fourth centuries (although some of the writings were considered Scripture from the time of their writing (1 Timothy 5:18 and Luke 10:7, 2 Peter 3:15-16, Colossians 4:16; 1 Thessalonians 5:27). But that all happened before the catholic church became an entity.
The early church “ handed down “ the true faith ( paradosis, traditon) ) only valid by those “ sent “ to preach . So scripture and history clearly tells us. The church handed down meaning as tradition and authority Decisions taken by council.
This is true, but as already mentioned, this was the early Church, not the catholic church.
That is why scripture identifies the CHURCH not scripture as the foundation of truth, and tells us that traditon is true,
Tradition is not in conflict with scripture onky YOUR personal interpretation of scripture, and false understanding if you think they ever conflict, you are the problem not scripture. So think again.
Would you mind telling me where that can be found in Scripture? I see in Scripture that Scripture is valuable for doctrine, reproof, correction, education, etc., but I don't see anywhere that it says that the Church as the foundation of truth: please educate me on this.
The problem is the false man made reformation tradition of sola scriptura.
How is it error to only trust the Scriptures that were authored by the Holy Spirit (2 Tim 3:16), and because the Holy Spirit is God and God is incapable of making an error or mistake, the Scriptures are without error or mistake. But no where does it say that human tradition is without error or mistake, correct (if it does, please show me where).
The early church was not sola scriptura, which was demonstrably false made easily provable false in many ways. It is logically, historically and scriptural disprovable as are many of your above statements.
Jesus gave power to resolve disputes to a succession. You should listen to them.
Yes, there were several disputes that arose in the early Church, and they were resolved through counsel, seeking the Holy Spirit's guidance, and prayer. And those disputes, the solutions, and the results became part of the Scriptures that you say are not the final authority.
Proof sola scriptura is false , is that you ALL DISAGREE on the meaning of scriptiure on EVERY major issue of doctrine.
That is proof of nothing other than that man is not God. There are many things in Scripture that are not clear (Peter even says that some of the things Paul says are hard to understand), and they require the Holy Spirit's guidance to understand. And I willingly admit that not all the congregations that call themselves "christians" are really followers of Christ. There are many who claim to be followers of Christ who have absoluetely nothing to do with Him (JWs, mormons, and others). They follow man made doctrines.
The stupidity of it , is none of you ever ask why the reformers all disagreed with each other, their eponymous denominations all disagree with thsm , which have since split into tens of thousands of bits , as yet another illinformed arrogant know it all decides it means something else, so schisms! The answer is NONE of you PROVABLY understavs scripture

So Why don’t you attack each other , like the cult of ezranism ( or other ridiculous Protestant sects)
? Why only Catholicism ?
Oh, I do disagree with many of the groups (and individuals) who teach false doctrines. As said, JWs claim to follow Christ, but they teach false doctrines that are directly contradictory to Scripture. The same can be said of mormons, catholics, eastern orthodox, lutherins, baptists, methodists, the churches of christ and many other denominations. But the catholics claim that they are the only true church when they teach and practice many unBiblical, unScriptural things.

Please show me where any of the practices that I listed as false in previous comments are condoned in Scripture.
The problem with you all deciding that “ your personal meaning of scripture “ trumps what Jesus handed down, is you end up with all the old heresies.
Ezra believes like JWs that Jesus was “ created” when Scripture is clear he was begotten!
Without the authority of Jesus church you end up believing anything.
First off, I am not Ezra, and so I don't really care what he believes or teaches. He is not God, nor does he (or any other human today (including the pope) speak with the authority of Scripture.
Second, you are correct that Jesus was not created. Jesus was born in a human body, but His spirit came down from Heaven leaving all His glory, power, and knowledge in Heaven.

Yes, it is true that without the authority of Jesus, you can end up believing anything. Which brings me back to the false teachings of the catholic church that you have yet to address other than sweeping them under the rug. Address each one with Scriptureal support for why the practice is acceptable to God, please.
As for some of the more frankly MORONIC attacks you use have you never asked , why Paul and abraham called themselves “father” ? Are they apostate in your view too ? GOD told Abraham to call himself FATHER . Should abraham not obey God?
You all read the same book of anti catholic nonsense! Real explanation - Jesus used hyperbole!
Do you research none of your mindless criticisms?
Are you referring to 1 Corinthians 4:14-16 where Paul tells the Church in Corinth that he is their "father" in the faith? He is not telling them to call him "father", but rather saying that he is the one responsible for bringing them to the faith. Read the context:
"I do not write these things to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children. 15 For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. 16 Therefore I urge you, be imitators of me."
He was saying that they should be imitators of Paul, not any other tutors they might have in Christ. Remember, God does not have any grandchildren. These people were not Paul's children (and thus grandchildren to God). Jesus is their father, and Paul is simply their teacher, having introduced them to the faith. He is not instrucing them to call him "father", because that would be a direct violation to the instruction of Jesus.
You forget , I was a Protestant and fundamentalist ,
No, I did not forget, because I never knew. I don't know anything about you, other than what you have shared in the past 3 or 4 posts
I saw all the flaws in their doctrine.
I saw. the nasty anti catholic hostility - many Baptists and calvinists are probably worst , but then Calvin was an odious man.
With that I cannot argue, although I cannot agree either. I never know Calvin, so I cannot speak to his charactor. And I try not to categorize people by "baptist" or "calvinist" because it rarely tells me anything about their personal beliefs.
So , I will end this where I began.
if you want TRUE doctrine start with the early church.
Find out what it handed down.
What scriptiure really means. We catholics know it inside out and what it meabs.
Do you? Hmmm.
The lamb for sacrifice started with Abraham
That led to the paschal lamb Which was eaten At Passover.
Jesus identifies himself as the new paschal lamb To be eaten.
To be eaten spiritually.
He was born in an eating trough. In the “ house of bread”
Jesus was born in a cave that was used as a stable for the sheep, because (due to the presumed infidelity of Mary) Joseph's family would not allow them to stay in their guest room (upper room, where honored guests would stay), and then He was laid in a eating trough because that was the only place they had to lay him (as they had no other furniture yet). Later, Joseph built a house for them (before the Wise Men arrived).
It is himself eaten in the eucharist .
So we know from johns disciples that is what the eucharist is, what John said John6 means!
You are taking figurative, spiritual language and making it literal and physical. We do not eat the physical, literal body of Christ (we are not cannibal), nor do we drink his literal blood. To eat of Christ is to study His Word (the Bible) and to grow into the meat of it (as opposed to the milk of the Word that we require when we are new to the faith (1 Pet 2:2, 1 Cor 3:1-2, Heb 5:12-14)). Yes, Jesus said that the bread is His body, and the fruit of the vine (wine) is His blood, and this is figurative language (a metaphor). The wine is not literally blood, nor is the bread literally His flesh, they remain what they were, but we are to eat and drink with His sacrifice in mind.
we know because Long before there was a New Testament, a few decades after Christ, the disciple of John ignatius , taught by John tells us in ignatius to smyrneans , that it isa Eucharist of the real body, validONLY if presided by bishop in succession.
Ahh, so an uninspired human wrote a human tradition, and you take that as Scripture? Sorry, but I cannot accept that as truth. Even the catholic church does not accept ignatius as Scripture.
Confirming the real flesh of the eucharist , the eternal sacrifice ever present, and the succession and importance of priesthood from the first days of the church!!

unless you are a catholic ( or orthodox) you have neither valid Eucharist, valid succession , or valid faith handed down
No, the Scriptural mandate for the Lord's Supper is very clear and unambiguous:
"For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus, on the night when He was betrayed, took bread; 24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” 25 In the same way He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.” 26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes." - 1 Cor 11:23-26
Notice that the cup is not His blood, but the New Covenant IN His blood. We eat and drink in remembrance, not the actual body and blood.
All you have is one more variant of faux christianity, that proliferators as man’s arrogance took over in the reformation.
You all put your fallible wisdom, higher than Gods truth !

So study history,
if you do you will come back to Rome .
No, I could never venerate another man, nor could I call a fallible human man "father" in a spiritual sense. I do not need anyone to interpret the Scriptures for me (the Holy Spirit does that), nor do I need anyone to interceed with the Father for me (Jesus alone does that).
Tell proven Arian apostate Erpzra to stop insulting me in private message.
Signing out.
Take that up with him. I have no authority over him, nor do I wish any.
When you work out why you all disagree with each other, you will know your method is False reformation teaching.
And when you submit to the Scripture as your authority instead of human tradition (which was condemned by Jesus), then you will have taken you first step toward Godly truth.

sorry to burst your Bubble but i am by far a J.W or even close to agreeing with them. i dont know why solo scripture freaks you out. when someone post a scripture. that is solo scripture . the heads of the catholic church are apostates

I have said all this many times before , so it is pointless repeating
your absolutely correct you have said the same thing over and over . your like a broken record i have asked you to post scriptures to back up what you say. every challenge issued to you.. you posted garbage you posted insults .false equations.

if you cant post scripture to prove your false theology on praying to Mary and the rest of your falsehoods . then get back on the front porch and stay .
my last challenge either post scripture or stay silent just remember to use scriptures only aka solo scripture :unsure: (y):D:eek:

Thank you, but it does not matter how many times you restate a falsehood, that does not turn it into a truth.

The catholic church did not start until around 590AD. (According to The Moody Handbook of Theology, the official beginning of the Roman Catholic church occurred in 590AD, with Pope Gregory I.) Priests of the catholic church retroactively look back to earlier events and shape them into what the catholic church became, but Peter was not the first pope (that was Gregory I).

The catholic church was not given the authority to "bind and loose". That authority was given to the Apostles, and (although it is debated) to either all followers of Christ, or only to the Elders of each congregation. The catholic church assumes that this authority is reserved to them, but I believe that the authority is given to all followers of Christ.

The early Followers compiled the writings that became the Bible in the second to the fourth centuries (although some of the writings were considered Scripture from the time of their writing (1 Timothy 5:18 and Luke 10:7, 2 Peter 3:15-16, Colossians 4:16; 1 Thessalonians 5:27). But that all happened before the catholic church became an entity.

This is true, but as already mentioned, this was the early Church, not the catholic church.

Would you mind telling me where that can be found in Scripture? I see in Scripture that Scripture is valuable for doctrine, reproof, correction, education, etc., but I don't see anywhere that it says that the Church as the foundation of truth: please educate me on this.

How is it error to only trust the Scriptures that were authored by the Holy Spirit (2 Tim 3:16), and because the Holy Spirit is God and God is incapable of making an error or mistake, the Scriptures are without error or mistake. But no where does it say that human tradition is without error or mistake, correct (if it does, please show me where).

Yes, there were several disputes that arose in the early Church, and they were resolved through counsel, seeking the Holy Spirit's guidance, and prayer. And those disputes, the solutions, and the results became part of the Scriptures that you say are not the final authority.

That is proof of nothing other than that man is not God. There are many things in Scripture that are not clear (Peter even says that some of the things Paul says are hard to understand), and they require the Holy Spirit's guidance to understand. And I willingly admit that not all the congregations that call themselves "christians" are really followers of Christ. There are many who claim to be followers of Christ who have absoluetely nothing to do with Him (JWs, mormons, and others). They follow man made doctrines.

Oh, I do disagree with many of the groups (and individuals) who teach false doctrines. As said, JWs claim to follow Christ, but they teach false doctrines that are directly contradictory to Scripture. The same can be said of mormons, catholics, eastern orthodox, lutherins, baptists, methodists, the churches of christ and many other denominations. But the catholics claim that they are the only true church when they teach and practice many unBiblical, unScriptural things.

Please show me where any of the practices that I listed as false in previous comments are condoned in Scripture.

First off, I am not Ezra, and so I don't really care what he believes or teaches. He is not God, nor does he (or any other human today (including the pope) speak with the authority of Scripture.
Second, you are correct that Jesus was not created. Jesus was born in a human body, but His spirit came down from Heaven leaving all His glory, power, and knowledge in Heaven.

Yes, it is true that without the authority of Jesus, you can end up believing anything. Which brings me back to the false teachings of the catholic church that you have yet to address other than sweeping them under the rug. Address each one with Scriptureal support for why the practice is acceptable to God, please.

Are you referring to 1 Corinthians 4:14-16 where Paul tells the Church in Corinth that he is their "father" in the faith? He is not telling them to call him "father", but rather saying that he is the one responsible for bringing them to the faith. Read the context:
"I do not write these things to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children. 15 For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. 16 Therefore I urge you, be imitators of me."
He was saying that they should be imitators of Paul, not any other tutors they might have in Christ. Remember, God does not have any grandchildren. These people were not Paul's children (and thus grandchildren to God). Jesus is their father, and Paul is simply their teacher, having introduced them to the faith. He is not instrucing them to call him "father", because that would be a direct violation to the instruction of Jesus.

No, I did not forget, because I never knew. I don't know anything about you, other than what you have shared in the past 3 or 4 posts

With that I cannot argue, although I cannot agree either. I never know Calvin, so I cannot speak to his charactor. And I try not to categorize people by "baptist" or "calvinist" because it rarely tells me anything about their personal beliefs.

Do you? Hmmm.

To be eaten spiritually.

Jesus was born in a cave that was used as a stable for the sheep, because (due to the presumed infidelity of Mary) Joseph's family would not allow them to stay in their guest room (upper room, where honored guests would stay), and then He was laid in a eating trough because that was the only place they had to lay him (as they had no other furniture yet). Later, Joseph built a house for them (before the Wise Men arrived).

You are taking figurative, spiritual language and making it literal and physical. We do not eat the physical, literal body of Christ (we are not cannibal), nor do we drink his literal blood. To eat of Christ is to study His Word (the Bible) and to grow into the meat of it (as opposed to the milk of the Word that we require when we are new to the faith (1 Pet 2:2, 1 Cor 3:1-2, Heb 5:12-14)). Yes, Jesus said that the bread is His body, and the fruit of the vine (wine) is His blood, and this is figurative language (a metaphor). The wine is not literally blood, nor is the bread literally His flesh, they remain what they were, but we are to eat and drink with His sacrifice in mind.

Ahh, so an uninspired human wrote a human tradition, and you take that as Scripture? Sorry, but I cannot accept that as truth. Even the catholic church does not accept ignatius as Scripture.

No, the Scriptural mandate for the Lord's Supper is very clear and unambiguous:
"For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus, on the night when He was betrayed, took bread; 24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” 25 In the same way He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.” 26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes." - 1 Cor 11:23-26
Notice that the cup is not His blood, but the New Covenant IN His blood. We eat and drink in remembrance, not the actual body and blood.

No, I could never venerate another man, nor could I call a fallible human man "father" in a spiritual sense. I do not need anyone to interpret the Scriptures for me (the Holy Spirit does that), nor do I need anyone to interceed with the Father for me (Jesus alone does that).

Take that up with him. I have no authority over him, nor do I wish any.

And when you submit to the Scripture as your authority instead of human tradition (which was condemned by Jesus), then you will have taken you first step toward Godly truth.
I am not going to repeat myself.

I will say only three things for all to read.

First, you do not even know what is scripture, without the true church having defined it for you in council, using the power to bind and loose.! There were many candidates, and the new testament is as much defined by what was REJECTED as what was accepted.
So you should first study how the new testament canon came to be, the canons rejected by ROME before ultimately what you accept as scripture was dogmatically accepted at Hippo centuries after Christ.
But even scripture tells you that was NOT the way the faith was handed down, which was by those "sent to preach". The romans burned documents and it was an offense to possess them so they were not part of the earliest masses. The testament as we know it, was not completely defined, did not appear in public until christianity was legalized by constantine. Even then it took years to copy. So there were very few copies.

To the authors of the new testament Scripture was the old testament! It was there the bereans checked. Yet you seemingly refuse to do so, in respect of temple theology ,the "keys of the kingdom" and the succession role of steward given to Peter and his successors. So first study scripture to find out why you can trust it is scripture!!!! But for Rome and councils you would not know!

Second To determine the meaning of scripture. To find out what the true faith was, what they handed down when "sent to preach" study the early fathers. They are an historic record of church practice. From that we learn that the succession , tradition with authority from Rome is how the faith was passed. Rome outlawed the first canons.
We learn the true mass. There are the two sources of truth that give scripture the correct meaning.. Council decision on many heresies, and tradition the means of passage of faith
Tradition NEVER contradicts scripture. Tradition gives true meaning to scripture. It defines which of alternative meanings is correct. If ever you think they contradict, it is your personal understanding of scripture at fault. You are the problem, not tradition. Your false understanding . Like "the spiritual or symbolic " eucharist which was a pure invention of the reformation which contradicts all of those who handed the faith down to you. Or the succession which all of the early fathers speak as the means of truth.

Third and last. HOW YOU ALL INSULT OUR LORD!
When you say "the church contradicts scripture" you mean it contradicts your fallible understanding, proof of which is all protestants think it means different things. You all disagree on meaning. But worse than any of that...
The entire premise of protestantism is our Lord is too weak to do what he promised that the "gates of hell would not prevail against HIS church" and he promised the "gospel would be preached to the end of time" yet you think it was with a 1500 year gap until a group of arrogant know it alls rediscovered it 1500 years later. Yet they could not even agree with each other. The entire premise of protestantism is somehow the Lord needs you to bring his church back!. You arrogant people!!!!!! . He Certainly does not. He put in place the mechanisms of "sending to preach" and council decisions, Thats why the doctrines of the catholic church are essentially unchanged in 2 millenia. Our baptism and mass of the real body is unchanged.

THE LORD TOLD YOU to listen to those who were sent BUT YOU DONT AND YOU WONT!!! (clue it is not Luther, calvin or those on this forum). He gave power to the successors of Peter and the apostles which they used to define scripture amongst other things
Yet the arrogant know it alls Like Luther even tried to redefine scripture away from what the Lords representatives chose! How dare he?
I cannot abide how you all insult the power of our Lord, and the gifts given to Mary "complete in grace"
God is offended by how you profane our lord in the eucharist and the immaculate hearthe gave to Mary.
He said so at Fatima, and performed a miracle to prove it was Him. He performed eucharistic miracles to prove the turht of the euhcharisti Yet still you will not listen!!!!! You prefer your own fallible understanding to Lords truth!

If you want to see typical protestant hypocrisy. I am fascinated you regard modern day "moodys" as "authoritative" (a protestant stooge wrote that false narrative) whilst disgregarding true church history of those who were there, the disciples of the apostles APPOINTED to hand on the truth.
There are those protestants who put the rantings of luther and calvin higher than those sent to preach.
PROTESTANTISM IS A FALSE NARRATIVE. The devil is the fruit of division. You all disagree. You rely on your intellect to understand scripture not those sent to tell you what it means. QED.
For sure , catholics have sinned, made many mistakes and strayed. The thing that got Luther uptight (that is paid indulgence) was never doctrine and was outlawed at Trent. The Lord brings us back in council with the power to bind and loose. Of course....whilst dealing with false narratives, he never did nail those theses to a church door, and actually he wanted to have kids with a nun. Like Henry 8 it might have clouded his judgement a little being told "no you cant". So like Henry 8 he did not want to abolish the pope , he made himself pope. If you ever study Luther, you will see his doctrine is movable , drifiting evolving. HOw so if there is only one truth? Calvinists do not believe what Calvin did either!

And this really is my last post.
Fare well.

I cannot be bothered to keep correcting the same silly myths.
None of you can be bothered to read the nature of faith in the early church. You prefer your myths.
Not one of you can be bothered to read any of the biblical defenses of catholic (or for example marian doctrines). Entire books of it.
When I moved I read endless protestant defenses of faith- I listended to them not their enemies
Not one of you read why whatever denomination you are or none - Hundreds of theologians and pastors from your branch of Christianity came back to Rome because of history.

You do not know the truth, because you will not let it in, and I for one am fed of knocking down the same moronic myths.
Like the old chestnuts of "salvation by works" the catholic church has never believed it, it believes in grace through faith.
Yet none of you care about truth. You prefer the anticatholic myths.

If you look for the truth in the early church, you too will find it, and discover all your pet doctrines particularlyt sola scriptura (the root of all falasy) fail. Because you do not mean sola scriptura you mean sola "your opinion of the meaning of" scriptura. Alas Jesus disagrees.
He did not say write this, or read this. He said teach this. And ONLY those SENT to preach can preach. So they did. So for the first time listen to what THEY taught
. We know what John taught because of what his disciples who were sent to preach taught!!!.

Signing out for the very last time. Fare well.

Last edited:
I am not going to repeat myself.

I will say only three things for all to read.

First, you do not even know what is scripture, without the true church having defined it for you in council, using the power to bind and loose.! There were many candidates, and the new testament is as much defined by what was REJECTED as what was accepted.
So you should first study how the new testament canon came to be, the canons rejected by ROME before ultimately what you accept as scripture was dogmatically accepted at Hippo centuries after Christ.
But even scripture tells you that was NOT the way the faith was handed down, which was by those "sent to preach". The romans burned documents and it was an offense to possess them so they were not part of the earliest masses. The testament as we know it, was not completely defined, did not appear in public until christianity was legalized by constantine. Even then it took years to copy. So there were very few copies.

To the authors of the new testament Scripture was the old testament! It was there the bereans checked. Yet you seemingly refuse to do so, in respect of temple theology ,the "keys of the kingdom" and the succession role of steward given to Peter and his successors. So first study scripture to find out why you can trust it is scripture!!!! But for Rome and councils you would not know!

Second To determine the meaning of scripture. To find out what the true faith was, what they handed down when "sent to preach" study the early fathers. They are an historic record of church practice. From that we learn that the succession , tradition with authority from Rome is how the faith was passed. Rome outlawed the first canons.
We learn the true mass. There are the two sources of truth that give scripture the correct meaning.. Council decision on many heresies, and tradition the means of passage of faith
Tradition NEVER contradicts scripture. Tradition gives true meaning to scripture. It defines which of alternative meanings is correct. If ever you think they contradict, it is your personal understanding of scripture at fault. You are the problem, not tradition. Your false understanding . Like "the spiritual or symbolic " eucharist which was a pure invention of the reformation which contradicts all of those who handed the faith down to you. Or the succession which all of the early fathers speak as the means of truth.

Third and last. HOW YOU ALL INSULT OUR LORD!
When you say "the church contradicts scripture" you mean it contradicts your fallible understanding, proof of which is all protestants think it means different things. You all disagree on meaning. But worse than any of that...
The entire premise of protestantism is our Lord is too weak to do what he promised that the "gates of hell would not prevail against HIS church" and he promised the "gospel would be preached to the end of time" yet you think it was with a 1500 year gap until a group of arrogant know it alls rediscovered it 1500 years later. Yet they could not even agree with each other. The entire premise of protestantism is somehow the Lord needs you to bring his church back!. You arrogant people!!!!!! . He Certainly does not. He put in place the mechanisms of "sending to preach" and council decisions, Thats why the doctrines of the catholic church are essentially unchanged in 2 millenia. Our baptism and mass of the real body is unchanged.

THE LORD TOLD YOU to listen to those who were sent BUT YOU DONT AND YOU WONT!!! (clue it is not Luther, calvin or those on this forum). He gave power to the successors of Peter and the apostles which they used to define scripture amongst other things
Yet the arrogant know it alls Like Luther even tried to redefine scripture away from what the Lords representatives chose! How dare he?
I cannot abide how you all insult the power of our Lord, and the gifts given to Mary "complete in grace"
God is offended by how you profane our lord in the eucharist and the immaculate hearthe gave to Mary.
He said so at Fatima, and performed a miracle to prove it was Him. He performed eucharistic miracles to prove the turht of the euhcharisti Yet still you will not listen!!!!! You prefer your own fallible understanding to Lords truth!

If you want to see typical protestant hypocrisy. I am fascinated you regard modern day "moodys" as "authoritative" (a protestant stooge wrote that false narrative) whilst disgregarding true church history of those who were there, the disciples of the apostles APPOINTED to hand on the truth.
There are those protestants who put the rantings of luther and calvin higher than those sent to preach.
PROTESTANTISM IS A FALSE NARRATIVE. The devil is the fruit of division. You all disagree. You rely on your intellect to understand scripture not those sent to tell you what it means. QED.
For sure , catholics have sinned, made many mistakes and strayed. The thing that got Luther uptight (that is paid indulgence) was never doctrine and was outlawed at Trent. The Lord brings us back in council with the power to bind and loose. Of course....whilst dealing with false narratives, he never did nail those theses to a church door, and actually he wanted to have kids with a nun. Like Henry 8 it might have clouded his judgement a little being told "no you cant". So like Henry 8 he did not want to abolish the pope , he made himself pope. If you ever study Luther, you will see his doctrine is movable , drifiting evolving. HOw so if there is only one truth? Calvinists do not believe what Calvin did either!

And this really is my last post.
Fare well.

I cannot be bothered to keep correcting the same silly myths.
None of you can be bothered to read the nature of faith in the early church. You prefer your myths.
Not one of you can be bothered to read any of the biblical defenses of catholic (or for example marian doctrines). Entire books of it.
When I moved I read endless protestant defenses of faith- I listended to them not their enemies
Not one of you read why whatever denomination you are or none - Hundreds of theologians and pastors from your branch of Christianity came back to Rome because of history.

You do not know the truth, because you will not let it in, and I for one am fed of knocking down the same moronic myths.
Like the old chestnuts of "salvation by works" the catholic church has never believed it, it believes in grace through faith.
Yet none of you care about truth. You prefer the anticatholic myths.

If you look for the truth in the early church, you too will find it, and discover all your pet doctrines particularlyt sola scriptura (the root of all falasy) fail. Because you do not mean sola scriptura you mean sola "your opinion of the meaning of" scriptura. Alas Jesus disagrees.
He did not say write this, or read this. He said teach this. And ONLY those SENT to preach can preach. So they did. So for the first time listen to what THEY taught
. We know what John taught because of what his disciples who were sent to preach taught!!!.

Signing out for the very last time. Fare well.
Well, I appreciate you giving it your best shot. But I see absolutely no reference to any kind of Scripture in any of your post. You do not defend your position other than to say that we are wrong. If we are going to discuss Spiritual truth, then we must go to the Spiritual source (Scripture) to find the correct answers. Church tradition is not the source of truth, as man is fallible and lost in error and sin.

When you are ready to have a discussion about Spiritual truth, come back and we can discuss the Scriptures and what they mean. But until then, the best I can do is shake the dust of your disbelief off my feet and move on. This saddens me greatly, because I believe you could be a great warrior for God, but to do so you would have to stop venerating man and turn your full veneration toward God.

Well, I appreciate you giving it your best shot. But I see absolutely no reference to any kind of Scripture in any of your post. You do not defend your position other than to say that we are wrong. If we are going to discuss Spiritual truth, then we must go to the Spiritual source (Scripture) to find the correct answers. Church tradition is not the source of truth, as man is fallible and lost in error and sin.

When you are ready to have a discussion about Spiritual truth, come back and we can discuss the Scriptures and what they mean. But until then, the best I can do is shake the dust of your disbelief off my feet and move on. This saddens me greatly, because I believe you could be a great warrior for God, but to do so you would have to stop venerating man and turn your full veneration toward God.
I’ve told you what Jesus said is truth.
We venerate Scripture. Difference is we also know what it MEANS
Ive told you what John, his disciples m the early church , endless fathers and councils stated was the meaning ofJohn 6

You prefer your intellect, your personal view, not Jesus view ( and even moodys it seems) , which is why you all disagree.
So none of you have a valid Eucharist and none of you seem to care.

The bizarre thing is you don’t even know what scripture is without Jesus church, the Catholic Church .

I quote scripture endlessly , alas you do not even recognise it!! More fool you.
Do I need to give every verse? Is your scripture knowledge so bad?

For example When I say “ sent to preach” I refer romans 10:14.
So Who sent you Or who sent who taught you?
Why do you disregard the teaching of the “ pillar of truth” 1 tim 3:15
Why do you disregard the one who Jesus sent as chief pastor John 21:18
The one given the power to bind and loose .matt 18:18 in an inherited role as steward “the keys” matt16:19
Why do you disregard the faith handed down ( paradosis , tradition) when you are told to stay true 2 thes 2:15
And so on

The real problem?
Protestants always did prefer their opinions on what scripture means , to Gods truth And the sources he tells you to listen to.
So it is a waste of time, None of you ever study the church or even origin of scripture to find out just how wrong you are.

You all claim guidance of the holy spurit …. in 10000 different directions!!
Only 3 possibilities,
..there are 10000 spirits
.. the spirit is a liar,
or YOU ARE ALL WRONG
its the last one of course!

Those that do study history and scripture come back to Rome.

They are legion. Join us.
i can only repeat the words of st bernadette.
I am called to witness the truth to you, I am not called to make you believe it.
Ive also told you the simple questions that destroy Protestantism. Like who decided what is scripture?
What did John teach John 6 means?

Last edited:
I’ve told you what Jesus said is truth.
We venerate Scripture. Difference is we also know what it MEANS
Ive told you what John, his disciples m the early church , endless fathers and councils stated was the meaning ofJohn 6

You prefer your intellect, your personal view, not Jesus view ( and even moodys it seems) , which is why you all disagree.
So none of you have a valid Eucharist and none of you seem to care.

The bizarre thing is you don’t even know what scripture is without Jesus church, the Catholic Church .

I quote scripture endlessly , alas you do not even recognise it!! More fool you.
Do I need to give every verse? Is your scripture knowledge so bad?

For example When I say “ sent to preach” I refer romans 10:14.
So Who sent you Or who sent who taught you?
Excellent passage, and good question. I was sent by Jesus (Matt 28:19) to "make disciples", "baptiz[e] them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit" and "teaching them to follow all that [Jesus] commanded". Did I need a priest to recognize my calling? No. I was baptized into Christ when I was 14 which made me a priest serving the High Priest (Jesus), and that means I have been commissioned by Christ as a member of His Body to continue to spread His Gospel.
Why do you disregard the teaching of the “ pillar of truth” 1 tim 3:15
The Church is the "the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth." The Church is not the truth, but the support of the truth. Scripture, which comes directly from God, is the truth.
Why do you disregard the one who Jesus sent as chief pastor John 21:18
Where in that passage does it say that anyone is a "chief pastor"?
The one given the power to bind and loose .matt 18:18 in an inherited role as steward “the keys” matt16:19
Yes, the Apostles, and through them the Elders of each congregation, and, arguably, every member of God's followers, have the authority and power to bind and loose directly from Christ Jesus. Peter was not the only one given the keys to the Kingdom of God, nor even were the 12 exclusively given the keys. All Christ followers were given the keys to the Kingdom of God.
Why do you disregard the faith handed down ( paradosis , tradition) when you are told to stay true 2 thes 2:15
And so on
Yes, stand firm in the traditions that are consistent with Scripture. Remember, the Bereans were praised for their searching the Scriptures to make sure that what they were being taught was consistent with what was already accepted as God's Holy Word. Anything that contradicts, or is in violation to the Scripture, must not be followed, because it is not based on God's Word.
The real problem?
Protestants always did prefer their opinions on what scripture means , to Gods truth And the sources he tells you to listen to.
So it is a waste of time, None of you ever study the church or even origin of scripture to find out just how wrong you are.
That is not correct, for me at least. I have studied some of the catholic doctrines and histories. But what I find is that they have rewritten history to confirm their own rightness, instead of correcting their false doctrines to fit Scriptural truth.
You all claim guidance of the holy spurit …. in 10000 different directions!!
Only 3 possibilities,
..there are 10000 spirits
.. the spirit is a liar,
or YOU ARE ALL WRONG
its the last one of course!
There is a fourth possibility, which I believe is more correct than your number 3 above.
That possibility is that there are some things that are discretionary and some things that are not.
An example of the discretionary would be given in 1 Cor 8 in the discussion of "meat sacrificed to idols". For those who have knowledge and a strong faith, they know that the idol is nothing so the act of sacrificing the animal to the idol does not defile the meat, so the meat can be eaten freely without taint to the eater's soul, so for them to eat there would be no sin. But the one who does not have knowledge, or has a weak faith, believes that the act of sacrifice to the idol taints the meat, and if they eat it would taint their soul, so for them to eat would be sin. There are many items that fit this category.
But, there are many things that are non-discretionary, ie: baptism that leads to the forgiveness of sins, not calling any man "father" or "master" or "teacher" etc. in a spiritual sense, condemnation of homosexuality, elders being the husband of one wife and having believing children, venerating, praying to, and expecting intercession with God from any person other than Jesus Christ, and many other direct commands in Scripture. These things are not open for debate, argument, or opinion.
Those that do study history and scripture come back to Rome.
Only when they do not study the truth.
They are legion. Join us.
i can only repeat the words of st bernadette.
I am called to witness the truth to you, I am not called to make you believe it.
Ive also told you the simple questions that destroy Protestantism. Like who decided what is scripture?
Who decided what is Scripture? I have already addressed that. The OT has been recognized as Scripture for centuries before Christ, and was recognized as such by Christ in many of His statements. Peter recognized Paul's writings as Scripture (2 Pet 3:15-16). Paul recognized Luke's writings as Scripture (1 Tim 5:18). The rest were agreed upon, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, in several counsels of Church elders and leaders from around the world. The 27 books were canonized in the council of Hippo in year 393, and later affirmed in the council of Carthage in year 397 and 419. This was over 100 years before the catholic church began. For historical Christians, canonization was based on whether the material was written by the Apostles or their close associates, and with the backing of the authority of the Apostles. According to ancient church historian Eusebius, there was a consensus that the same 27 books constituting the canon today were the same 27 books generally recognized in the first century. The catholic church did not create the canon of Scripture, nor are they the sold arbiter of how it should be interpreted (seeing as how they fail to abide by some of the most basic and clear teaching in the Scriptures).

Excellent passage, and good question. I was sent by Jesus (Matt 28:19) to "make disciples", "baptiz[e] them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit" and "teaching them to follow all that [Jesus] commanded". Did I need a priest to recognize my calling? No. I was baptized into Christ when I was 14 which made me a priest serving the High Priest (Jesus), and that means I have been commissioned by Christ as a member of His Body to continue to spread His Gospel.

The Church is the "the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth." The Church is not the truth, but the support of the truth. Scripture, which comes directly from God, is the truth.

Where in that passage does it say that anyone is a "chief pastor"?

Yes, the Apostles, and through them the Elders of each congregation, and, arguably, every member of God's followers, have the authority and power to bind and loose directly from Christ Jesus. Peter was not the only one given the keys to the Kingdom of God, nor even were the 12 exclusively given the keys. All Christ followers were given the keys to the Kingdom of God.

Yes, stand firm in the traditions that are consistent with Scripture. Remember, the Bereans were praised for their searching the Scriptures to make sure that what they were being taught was consistent with what was already accepted as God's Holy Word. Anything that contradicts, or is in violation to the Scripture, must not be followed, because it is not based on God's Word.

That is not correct, for me at least. I have studied some of the catholic doctrines and histories. But what I find is that they have rewritten history to confirm their own rightness, instead of correcting their false doctrines to fit Scriptural truth.

There is a fourth possibility, which I believe is more correct than your number 3 above.
That possibility is that there are some things that are discretionary and some things that are not.
An example of the discretionary would be given in 1 Cor 8 in the discussion of "meat sacrificed to idols". For those who have knowledge and a strong faith, they know that the idol is nothing so the act of sacrificing the animal to the idol does not defile the meat, so the meat can be eaten freely without taint to the eater's soul, so for them to eat there would be no sin. But the one who does not have knowledge, or has a weak faith, believes that the act of sacrifice to the idol taints the meat, and if they eat it would taint their soul, so for them to eat would be sin. There are many items that fit this category.
But, there are many things that are non-discretionary, ie: baptism that leads to the forgiveness of sins, not calling any man "father" or "master" or "teacher" etc. in a spiritual sense, condemnation of homosexuality, elders being the husband of one wife and having believing children, venerating, praying to, and expecting intercession with God from any person other than Jesus Christ, and many other direct commands in Scripture. These things are not open for debate, argument, or opinion.

Only when they do not study the truth.

Who decided what is Scripture? I have already addressed that. The OT has been recognized as Scripture for centuries before Christ, and was recognized as such by Christ in many of His statements. Peter recognized Paul's writings as Scripture (2 Pet 3:15-16). Paul recognized Luke's writings as Scripture (1 Tim 5:18). The rest were agreed upon, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, in several counsels of Church elders and leaders from around the world. The 27 books were canonized in the council of Hippo in year 393, and later affirmed in the council of Carthage in year 397 and 419. This was over 100 years before the catholic church began. For historical Christians, canonization was based on whether the material was written by the Apostles or their close associates, and with the backing of the authority of the Apostles. According to ancient church historian Eusebius, there was a consensus that the same 27 books constituting the canon today were the same 27 books generally recognized in the first century. The catholic church did not create the canon of Scripture, nor are they the sold arbiter of how it should be interpreted (seeing as how they fail to abide by some of the most basic and clear teaching in the Scriptures).
i dont know where to start on the errors you made here. Your exegesis is dreadful Even for a Protestant.
i can only advise you to stop proof texting and take a holistic view instead.
But it shows The protestant disease, Arrogance .
You “lean on your own understanding” which scripture tells you not to do
You prefer your own opinion to those “sent” to teach Gods truth.

As for the Catholic Church date?
Year zero.
but The first to call it “ Catholic Church “ was ignatius to Smyneans . within 100 years of Christ!
So if you must give a date, give that,

(Disciple of John, who confirmed the succession and the true Eucharist,)
Others that split away called it Roman , we don’t .

Even the reformers disagree with you!
But that is par for the course for protestants , they have an attitude problem with authority which is why they all went in different directions, all of them off the rails

But you are unusual in that you venerate “ the book of moodys theology”,
instead of the historic fact of who called it “ catholic” which was ignatius.
But then denying history is the protestant thing.

So you are “A moody” . That’s a new one on me. I prefer the sources Jesus tells you to trust.
You hace added one more anti catholic myth someone will now repeat about date,

i shall leave you to disagree with all other Christian’s since you think your intellect and opinion of what scripture means trumps the sources Jesus chose, which is why it is wasting time arguing.

Which is why there are 30000 denominations. You make it 30001.

This really is it. Goodbye,
i will leave you to mislead everyone else, in your case with a RIDICULOUS date
but heh.,. No lie is too big when protestants mislead about catholicism. You just added one more.

Last edited:
i dont know where to start on the errors you made here. Your exegesis is dreadful Even for a Protestant.
i can only advise you to stop proof texting and take a holistic view instead.
But it shows The protestant disease, Arrogance .
You “lean on your own understanding” which scripture tells you not to do
You prefer your own opinion to those “sent” to teach Gods truth.

As for the Catholic Church date?
Year zero.
but The first to call it “ Catholic Church “ was ignatius to Smyneans . within 100 years of Christ!
So if you must give a date, give that,

(Disciple of John, who confirmed the succession and the true Eucharist,)
Others that split away called it Roman , we don’t .
The fact that someone used the Greek words κατά (kata) 'about' and ὅλος (holos) 'whole' in a letter does not constitute the beginnings of a denomination (the catholic church).
Even the reformers disagree with you!
But that is par for the course for protestants , they have an attitude problem with authority which is why they all went off the rails

But you are unusual in that you venerate “ the book of moodys theology”,
instead of the historic fact of who called it “ catholic” which was ignatius.
But then denying history is the protestant thing.

So you are “A moody” . That’s a new one on me. I prefer the sources Jesus tells you to trust.

i shall leave you to disagree with all other Christian’s since
you think your intellect and opinion of what scripture means trumps the sources Jesus chose, which is why it is wasting time arguing.

Which is why there are 30000 denominations. You make it 30001.
I give you over to the papist (pope follower, not Christ follower) religion that you so ardently seek.

The fact that someone used the Greek words κατά (kata) 'about' and ὅλος (holos) 'whole' in a letter does not constitute the beginnings of a denomination (the catholic church).

I give you over to the papist (pope follower, not Christ follower) religion that you so ardently seek.
You have lost all credibility when you quote the rantings of wacky dispensational Baptist pastor Paul enns , as “ authority” over church theology!

Of all the evangelical nonsense, dispensationalism is the most far fetched.

A little advice, If you care about your own education read this:
Then give all that enns writes a wide birth. Including moody.

200 years before your farcical date the council sssembled including west and east said of what the pope had written “ there speaks Peter” accepting the primacy and role Of the pope
How does that fit with your farcical nonsense revisionism On date?

So What do you call your denomination of 1? in which you manipulate truth? Brentism?
That really is the last you will hear from me. I genuinely feel sorry for you. Blinded by your own intellect .
You ignore the teaching Christ told you to follow.
like the Pharisees , Too wise by half. Read Matthew 11-25 . And repent.

Last edited:
You have lost all credibility when you quote the rantings of wacky dispensational Baptist pastor Paul enns , as “ authority” over church theology!
I wasn't quoting anyone that I was aware of (other than a dictionary).
Of all the evangelical nonsense, dispensationalism is the most far fetched.

A little advice, If you care about your own education read this:
Then give all that enns writes a wide birth. Including moody.

200 years before your farcical date the council sssembled including west and east said of what the pope had written “ there speaks Peter” accepting the primacy and role Of the pope
How does that fit with your farcical nonsense revisionism On date?
Peter was not the first pope. Peter was not the "first among equals". He was one of the twelve, and even that meant nothing when Paul found him in error and corrected him with regard to the Gentiles. Peter was a good man, but he was not the leader of the Church in the first century (that distinction can only be given to the Holy Spirit).
So What do you call your denomination of 1? in which you manipulate truth? Brentism?
That really is the last you will hear from me. I genuinely feel sorry for you. Blinded by your own intellect .
You ignore the teaching Christ told you to follow.
like the Pharisees , Too wise by half. Read Matthew 11-25 . And repent.
Sorry to see you go, but glad you will be taking the papist worshiping drivel with you. The catholic movement may have started out good in the third or fourth century, but they are not good now. The catholic church today is as far from Christ followers as the JWs or the mormons.

There are a lot of things about the Roman Catholic Church that are not biblical, but the one I least understand is the veneration of Mary. How did that start?
The Roman catholic "Mary thing" is probably a re-purposing of the Goddess Diana, who was popular in ROME, and that the Roman church probably integrated to make themselves more "Acceptable" to the Pagans. And of course, they adopted other PAGAN practices, early in the game, since their "TRADITION" has always been more important that what the Bible says. The "Church of the Nicolaitans" in a nutshell.

Back
Top Bottom