Understanding........

Does this even matter to you? I used the word "troll" earlier and that was edited out of a thread but there are several here "trolling" around this forum. You don't really care about the truth. You don't. Your responses prove it.

I'm about to the point that you can have it. Be what you chose to be. I actually believe in free will and I'll let you exercise your free will and receive whatever comes your way.
Don't blame me because your argument stinks.

I believe in free will as well. SUPRISE

Because it's the spiritual things of the DEEP THINGS of God. Not the spiritual things which are not deep. Paul said that. He said some things are deep and they couldn't understand 1 Cor 3:1 and some things aren't deep and so they could. There is a difference between milk and meat.
Is the gospel a deep thing of God since it is hidden to unbelievers??

As carnal, not that they were carnal.
Well if being as carnal doesn't neutralize you from entering into the meat of God's word why would he say that it would? Fact is carnal Christians even if you want to harp on they're as carnal.....still doesn't matter. They're not entering into the deep things of God. So now I'd encourage you to re-read chapter 2 of 1 Cor and see what he was meaning. It's talking about Christians not entering into the deep things of God.

Don't blame me because your argument stinks.

I believe in free will as well. SUPRISE

It stinks to you. It isn't a "stinking argument". You can enjoy the sewer smells if you like. I don't.

No you don't believe in free will. You're denying that man has the ability to exercise his free will to believe the exact same things YOU actually believe.

How nice of you.

It stinks to you. It isn't a "stinking argument". You can enjoy the sewer smells if you like. I don't.

No you don't believe in free will. You're denying that man has the ability to exercise his free will to believe the exact same things YOU actually believe.

How nice of you.
I do believe on free will. If it's defined correctly.

Is the gospel a deep thing of God since it is hidden to unbelievers??
But it's only hidden to them for the reason they won't give up their pride of what they rightly know and realize they'd have to do after having heard the gospel preached.

We can say this. A business may offer a benefit to those who come to a certain location and receive it. One with pride doesn't want to go to that location and they assert the same chain store is over here closer. They go there but the benefit/blessing is hidden from them to be experienced because they're doing their own thing. It will also stay hidden from them until they do what they KNOW they're supposed to do. It's not a deep thing of mysterious knowledge they lack which is keeping them from the benefit. Likewise the knowledge of the basics of salvation IS NOT the deep things of God.

2 Corinthians 4 says different

2Co 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

Do you see that word "if"? It is logical argument relative to unbelief. Yes. Satan blinds those who reject the Gospel.

The Gospel isn't mysterious. You're preaching mysticism and Gnosticism.

I believe in free will when it's defined properly.
No Calvinists believes in free will. You either believe everything is ordained or you don't. It's only when things are not ordained that you have free will so let's not muddy the waters with claims that are disengeious.

No Calvinists believes in free will. You either believe everything is ordained or you don't. It's only when things are not ordained that you have free will so let's not muddy the waters with claims that are disengeious.
Wrong. I'm a Calvinist and I believe in free will.

Joseph said to his brothers, "You meant it for evil". This means his brothers freely did evil by their own "free" will. "But God meant it for good." The means God ordained what his brothers did.

You need to see that both can be true at the same time. It's not a choice limited to either we have "free" will or we're controlled like robots. I put "free" in quotes because although we have our own will and make choices, the choices are limited not by God's control, but by our moral inclination. As slaves to sin, we freely will sin because that is our inclination. It's free will, just not libertarian free will.

Joseph said to his brothers, "You meant it for evil". This means his brothers freely did evil by their own "free" will. "But God meant it for good." The means God ordained what his brothers did.

You need to see that both can be true at the same time. It's not a choice limited to either we have "free" will or we're controlled like robots. I put "free" in quotes because although we have our own will and make choices, the choices are limited not by God's control, but by our moral inclination. As slaves to sin, we freely will sin because that is our inclination. It's free will, just not libertarian free will.

No. You believe that the will is bound by sin and can not do anything but exercise a will to do evil.

You are confirming this by claiming God purposed evil in the life of Joseph for good. Which is ridiculous. God could have appointed Joseph without all the trouble.

There's no sign there was any original will of God from the beginning that Joseph be sold into slavery. God meant it in the Hebrew is

chashab: to think, account
Original Word: חָשַׁב
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: chashab
Phonetic Spelling: (khaw-shab')
Definition: to think, account

So with the evil Josephs brothers did he was going to make something good come out of it or account it for good. It doesn't mean that God ordained for his brothers to do this. (more could be said)

There's no sign there was any original will of God from the beginning that Joseph be sold into slavery. God meant it in the Hebrew is

chashab: to think, account
Original Word: חָשַׁב
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: chashab
Phonetic Spelling: (khaw-shab')
Definition: to think, account

So with the evil Josephs brothers did he was going to make something good come out of it or account it for good. It doesn't mean that God ordained for his brothers to do this. (more could be said)

The word is חֲשָׁבָ֣הּ, which means "MEANT".

וְאַתֶּ֕ם חֲשַׁבְתֶּ֥ם עָלַ֖י רָעָ֑ה -- YOU MEANT IT for evil.

רָעָ֑ה אֱלֹהִים֙ חֲשָׁבָ֣הּ לְטֹבָ֔ה לְמַ֗עַן -- God MEANT IT for good. God meant it in the Hebrew is ḥă·šā·ḇāh. You meant it in Hebrew is ḥă·šaḇ·tem.

Back
Top Bottom