The suppression of reason, logic, common sense and morality in Calvinism

No one's talking about enticing. Good try
We are discussing Christ upholding and sustaining you and your sin. How does He sustain you but not your sin?
Read the verses

James 1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.

1John 2:16 For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.

Jer. 32:35 They built the high places of Baal in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to offer up their sons and daughters to Molech, though I did not command them, nor did it enter into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

Is. 30:1 “Ah, stubborn children,” declares the LORD,
“who carry out a plan, but not mine,
and who make an alliance, but not of my Spirit,
that they may add sin to sin;

Gal. 5:7 You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion is not from him who calls you.

1Cor. 14:33 For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.

1Cor. 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Rom. 11:23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again.

Read the verses

James 1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.

1John 2:16 For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.

Jer. 32:35 They built the high places of Baal in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to offer up their sons and daughters to Molech, though I did not command them, nor did it enter into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

Gal. 5:7 You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion is not from him who calls you.

1Cor. 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Rom. 11:23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again.
That does not explain how He upholds and sustains you but not your sin.

That does not explain how He upholds and sustains you but not your sin.
It shows he does not uphold your sin

It shows he does not uphold your sin

Your proof texts do not mention upholding or sustaining. Yet another Provisionist presupposition

Tray also fail to explain how He upholds and sustains you but not the sin you have or will commit.

Your proof texts do not mention upholding or sustaining. Yet another Provisionist presupposition

Tray also fail to explain how He upholds and sustains you but not the sin you have or will commit.
Of course not as they show he is not causing all of man's sin.

That is the point.

No, the question is how He upholds and sustains you but not your sin. That's the question your trying your best to avoid.
Scripture showed he is not the cause of all of man's sin

How does He uphold and sustain you but not your sin? Going twice

How does He uphold and sustain you but not your sin? Going twice
Did you not read

Why do you try to make God the author of all sin?

Did you not read

How does He uphold and sustain you but not your sin? How does that work logically? 3rd time

Did you not read

You have to abandon reason, logic, common sense, and morality to come to that conclusion.

God put Adam and Even in a garden. God planted a tree that is off-limits. God allowed the serpent in the garden. God knew 100% what would happen. God could easily have prevented it, but He didn't. That makes God the first cause of sin. It doesn't mean God made or makes anyone sin, but God is still the first cause.

You have to abandon reason, logic, common sense, and morality to come to that conclusion.

God put Adam and Even in a garden. God planted a tree that is off-limits. God allowed the serpent in the garden. God knew 100% what would happen. God could easily have prevented it, but He didn't. That makes God the first cause of sin. It doesn't mean God made or makes anyone sin, but God is still the first cause.
Well said

No I just have to believe scripture

PS no where is it stated he determined Adam's failure

Back
Top Bottom