The suppression of reason, logic, common sense and morality in Calvinism

all things do not mean everything its talking about the creation of all things. so much for your presupposition about all things meaning everything.
So all does not me all things without exception? What didn't He create? Are there two creators? Wow, who knew.

Hello? The accused would like to know what he is accused of. I'm thinking there was no presupposition.
Its about the creation of our universe with the meaning of all things and not your presuppositions. The context makes that abundantly clear.

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

cf- Heb 11:3- By faith we understand that the world has been created by the word of God so that what is seen has not been made out of things that are visible.

Colossians 1- The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

John 1- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made

1 Cor 8:6- yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist. And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist.

I knew what you were going to quote and knew you had no leg to stand on. Its about the creation of our universe/world to which all things pertain. Not your calvinist assumptions you have read into the text.

hope this helps !!!

Its about the creation of our universe with the meaning of all things and not your presuppositions. The context makes that abundantly clear.

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

cf- Heb 11:3- By faith we understand that the world has been created by the word of God so that what is seen has not been made out of things that are visible.

Colossians 1- The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

John 1- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made

1 Cor 8:6- yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist. And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist.

I knew what you were going to quote and knew you had no leg to stand on. Its about the creation of our universe/world to which all things pertain. Not your calvinist assumptions you have read into the text.

hope this helps !!!
You already admitted your mistake when I explained it's written in tge present tense. Christ upholds and sustains ALL things.

glad I could help !!

You already admitted your mistake when I explained it's written in tge present tense. Christ upholds and sustains ALL things.

glad I could help !!
Wrong its the creation of the universe which are presently held by Him with the all things, not about life events that happen in time, or choices we make here in time, or sins we commit here in time etc..........

You are conflating creation with daily living.

God controls His universe not our daily lives and the choices we make.

FYI- I never once admitted your presuppositions were right, I knew all along they were wrong I was just waiting to see your proof text which I refuted with several others that agree with me, not you.

hope this helps !!!

Wrong its the creation of the universe which are presently held by Him with the all things, not about life events that happen in time, or choices we make here in time, or sins we commit here in time etc..........

You are conflating creation with daily living.

God controls His universe not our daily lives and the choices we make.

FYI- I never once admitted your presuppositions were right, I knew all along they were wrong I was just waiting to see your proof text which I refuted with several others that agree with me, not you.

hope this helps !!!
NEWSFLASH. Life events happen in time and are part of creation. All means all no????

So all does not mean all then?

Where does it say that? Yet another Provisionist presupposition.
Here

God does not entice anyone to sin. Temptation comes about through our own lusts.

James 1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.

1John 2:16 For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.

Jer. 32:35 They built the high places of Baal in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to offer up their sons and daughters to Molech, though I did not command them, nor did it enter into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

Is. 30:1 “Ah, stubborn children,” declares the LORD,
“who carry out a plan, but not mine,
and who make an alliance, but not of my Spirit,
that they may add sin to sin;

Gal. 5:7 You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion is not from him who calls you.

1Cor. 14:33 For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.

1Cor. 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Rom. 11:23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again.

The problem is not provisionist presuppositions but Calvinist denials

Here

God does not entice anyone to sin. Temptation comes about through our own lusts.

James 1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.

1John 2:16 For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.

Jer. 32:35 They built the high places of Baal in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to offer up their sons and daughters to Molech, though I did not command them, nor did it enter into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

Is. 30:1 “Ah, stubborn children,” declares the LORD,
“who carry out a plan, but not mine,
and who make an alliance, but not of my Spirit,
that they may add sin to sin;

Gal. 5:7 You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion is not from him who calls you.

1Cor. 14:33 For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.

1Cor. 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Rom. 11:23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again.

The problem is not provisionist presuppositions but Calvinist denials
No one's talking about enticing. Good try
We are discussing Christ upholding and sustaining you and your sin. How does He sustain you but not your sin?

Back
Top Bottom