The suppression of reason, logic, common sense and morality in Calvinism

Of course we will :sneaky: I've been waiting for days to talk about Martin Luther. He was a truly remarkable man. I love his stance on Sola Scriptura. Scripture Alone is our final authority for doctrine, church practice, and the Christian life. And In the early years of the Reformation, Luther fought for this. What a Guy!

Luther spent his life defending, reading, studying, living, and loving the Bible. He read through the whole Bible two or three times every year, while also studying particular passages or books in depth. He especially loved the Psalms. He maintained a daily reading schedule that covered the entire Psalms in three weeks. Luther taught and lived Sola Scriptura. He's The Man, when It comes to the Reformation.

Then why are you quoting others?

No one practices "Sola Scriptura". It is a farcical claim. Luther didn't. Calvin didn't.

You believe in Sola Scriptura stop talking of men outside of Scriptural context. You don't see me promoting men. I learned a long time ago that for all the praise you give a man, he will destroy it with just a few words.

Then why are you quoting others?

No one practices "Sola Scriptura". It is a farcical claim. Luther didn't. Calvin didn't.

You believe in Sola Scriptura stop talking of men outside of Scriptural context. You don't see me promoting men. I learned a long time ago that for all the praise you give a man, he will destroy it with just a few words.
Calm down my friend it was only a post. And how could it be possible that you know that no one practices "Sola Scriptura" I claim that your claim is a farcical claim.

As far as Stop Talking about men outside of Scriptural context. My post was only a reply to Civics post about not getting him started talking about Luther.

I promise not to tell you what to put in your posts please give me the same courtesy.

Calm down my friend it was only a post. And how could it be possible that you know that no one practices "Sola Scriptura" I claim that your claim is a farcical claim.

As far as Stop Talking about men outside of Scriptural context. My post was only a reply to Civics post about not getting him started talking about Luther.

I promise not to tell you what to put in your posts please give me the same courtesy.

What dishonesty and false claims from you.

You can say whatever you want. I never said a thing about restricting your speech.

You are not my friend. We have no relationship other than a common claim to honor Jesus Christ. You're failing to prove that in your responses to me. So stop this "friend" nonsense. I'm not your enemy but I'm not your friend.

It is a logical argument. Don't claim you believe in Sola Scriptura while endless appealing to men outside the Scriptures for "Godly" evidence. That makes you a hypocrite in your appeals. Again. Say whatever you want but you're not a believer in Sola Scriptura..

So stop the false characterizations of what I said.

Last edited:
Oh, so God had no idea then right?

Jeremiah 32
“The people of Israel and Judah have done nothing but evil in my sight from their youth; indeed, the people of Israel have done nothing but arouse my anger with what their hands have made, declares the Lord. 31 From the day it was built until now, this city has so aroused my anger and wrath that I must remove it from my sight. 32 The people of Israel and Judah have provoked me by all the evil they have done—they, their kings and officials, their priests and prophets, the people of Judah and those living in Jerusalem. 33 They turned their backs to me and not their faces; though I taught them again and again, they would not listen or respond to discipline. 34 They set up their vile images in the house that bears my Name and defiled it. 35 They built high places for Baal in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to sacrifice their sons and daughters to Molek, though I never commanded—nor did it enter my mind—that they should do such a detestable thing and so make Judah sin.

That is not a denial of his knowledge but a statement it was not something He wanted them to do.

Jeremiah 32
“The people of Israel and Judah have done nothing but evil in my sight from their youth; indeed, the people of Israel have done nothing but arouse my anger with what their hands have made, declares the Lord. 31 From the day it was built until now, this city has so aroused my anger and wrath that I must remove it from my sight. 32 The people of Israel and Judah have provoked me by all the evil they have done—they, their kings and officials, their priests and prophets, the people of Judah and those living in Jerusalem. 33 They turned their backs to me and not their faces; though I taught them again and again, they would not listen or respond to discipline. 34 They set up their vile images in the house that bears my Name and defiled it. 35 They built high places for Baal in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to sacrifice their sons and daughters to Molek, though I never commanded—nor did it enter my mind—that they should do such a detestable thing and so make Judah sin.

That is not a denial of his knowledge but a statement it was not something He wanted them to do.
So God had no idea then right?

Jeremiah 32

Down goes determinism, predestination and sovereignty in Calvinism in a single passage

So He was powerless to stop them?
There are only two ways to stop evil:
1. To forgive the sinner, redeem and sanctify him.
2. The unforgivable must be condemned, judged and and banished to the outer darkness.

The reprobate cannot be judged before the sinful elect are made holy or they too will be pulled up by that judgment. The idolatry of the people of HIS kingdom that Jeremiah wrote about is still happening within HIS Church or the judgement would be called:
Matt 13:27 The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’ 28 ‘An enemy did this,’ he replied. [a reference to the explanation of this parble, ie, no more metaphor, in verses 36-39]

So the servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’ [to bring the judgement upon them?] 29 ‘NO!’ he said, [postpone the judgement because...] ‘if you pull the weeds now, you might uproot the good seed with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. The time of the harvest is the time of the maturity of the wheat and the only maturity that saves a sinner from the judgment is a mature holiness!

Thus the sins of the elect, the sinful people of His kingdom,
Berean Standard Bible
Matt 13:38 the field is the world, and the good seed represents the sons of the kingdom.
are the cause of the continued suffering of mankind on this earth.

Last edited:
Because it was all part of the plan..

What plan ?

The plan that keeps evil on this earth until the sinful elect people of HIS kingdom are sanctified...Post #118.

Gen 15: 16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.
Please consider:
IF the iniquity of the Amorites is full enough for GOD's judgment, WHO is it not full enough for?

It should be obvious to anyone who knows anything about the totally defiling nature of just one sin that the Amorites were sinful enough in GOD's sight for judgement already. So then, just who still looked on their iniquity as not being full yet, that is, as not being bad enough to warrant this judgement, that had to take place before Israel's return?

According to pre-conception existence theology, (PCE), there was a four generation postponement of GOD's judgement because the Amorites were not yet bad enough in the eyes of the Israelites for the Israelites to be willing to judge them according to the judgement decreed by GOD.

Therefore, the Israelites had to stay enslaved in Egypt or wandering in the wilderness until they became willing to judge them, that is, until the Israelites became holy (obedient) enough to see them all judged: men, women and children. (See Joshua 6:21; 8:26,27; 10:40)

Now, this judgement against the Amorites is typical of the last judgement that has to take place before we can inherit the antitypical heavenly 'Promised Land'. According to PCE theology, this final judgement has also been postponed, because the sinful elect still do not yet look on the iniquity of HIS enemies as being bad enough to warrant HIS eternal judgement and wrath on them!

Therefore, we too have had to remain in Egypt or wandering in the wilderness if we've been converted, that is, outside of the heavenly promised land, still waiting until the sinful people of HIS kingdom become holy enough to have all of GOD's enemies (men, women and children, even the ones that look like little wee babies!) killed, that is, judged and forever exiled to hell.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom