The suppression of reason, logic, common sense and morality in Calvinism

Actually Calvinism doesn't suppress anything but rather brings it to the light.

As the surest source of destruction to men is to obey themselves, so the only haven of safety is to have no other will, no other wisdom, than to follow the Lord wherever he leads. Let this, then, be the first step, to abandon ourselves, and devote the whole energy of our minds to the service of God. By service, I mean not only that which consists in verbal obedience, but that by which the mind, divested of its own carnal feelings, implicitly obeys the call of the Spirit of God. —John Calvin

Actually Calvinism doesn't suppress anything but rather brings it to the light.

As the surest source of destruction to men is to obey themselves, so the only haven of safety is to have no other will, no other wisdom, than to follow the Lord wherever he leads. Let this, then, be the first step, to abandon ourselves, and devote the whole energy of our minds to the service of God. By service, I mean not only that which consists in verbal obedience, but that by which the mind, divested of its own carnal feelings, implicitly obeys the call of the Spirit of God. —John Calvin
the irony coming from a man who killed, persecuted, tormented, prosecuted those believers who disagreed with him and forced them into exile.

I'll stick with Gods word which reveals the true nature of God, not calvins distorted and pagan view of God he got from augustine.

the irony coming from a man who killed, persecuted, tormented, prosecuted those believers who disagreed with him and forced them into exile.

I'll stick with Gods word which reveals the true nature of God, not calvins distorted and pagan view of God he got from augustine.
It's possible that John Calvin repented and became a changed man. Stranger things have happened. I think God may have opened his eyes.

Open mine eyes​

by John Calvin

It's possible that John Calvin repented and became a changed man. Stranger things have happened. I think God may have opened his eyes.

Open mine eyes​

by John Calvin

His arguement could be used against the Apostle Paul.

Sure it is. Your errant understanding is not however. See the difference?

Are you a Open Theist?
No but you cannot dismiss all the passage about God interacting in real time with humanity and not doing what He said He would do and other times doing the opposite.

You see I no longer place God into a tiny theological box where man has come up with words, doctrines to define God.

I now actually read what the Bible clearly says and believe Gods word is true and that He means what He says about Himself and mankind.

And its the poisoning of the well fallacy or guilt by association fallacy to throw out open theism, pelagian, semi pelagian to discredit your opponent.

You still have not dealt with a single verse I quoted that conflicts with your view of God, you just dismissed them by saying " open theism " as if thats a rebuttal to the actual scriptures in question.

Its like me responding paganism every time you quote a scripture to defend your view of sovereignty, predestination, election. reprobation etc.......

No but you cannot dismiss all the passage about God interacting in real time with humanity and not doing what He said He would do and other times doing the opposite.

You see I no longer place God into a tiny theological box where man has come up with words, doctrines to define God.

I now actually read what the Bible clearly says and believe Gods word is true and that He means what He says about Himself and mankind.

And its the poisoning of the well fallacy or guilt by association fallacy to throw out open theism, pelagian, semi pelagian to discredit your opponent.

You still have not dealt with a single verse I quoted that conflicts with your view of God, you just dismissed them by saying " open theism " as if thats a rebuttal to the actual scriptures in question.

Its like me responding paganism every time you quote a scripture to defend your view of sovereignty, predestination, election. reprobation etc.......
So you proclaim God's omniscience then? Past, present and future?

So much for the calvinist/reformed view of determinism, predestination, sovereignty in which everything that comes to pass is ordained by God and its His will.

Jeremiah 32
“The people of Israel and Judah have done nothing but evil in my sight from their youth; indeed, the people of Israel have done nothing but arouse my anger with what their hands have made, declares the Lord. 31 From the day it was built until now, this city has so aroused my anger and wrath that I must remove it from my sight. 32 The people of Israel and Judah have provoked me by all the evil they have done—they, their kings and officials, their priests and prophets, the people of Judah and those living in Jerusalem. 33 They turned their backs to me and not their faces; though I taught them again and again, they would not listen or respond to discipline. 34 They set up their vile images in the house that bears my Name and defiled it. 35 They built high places for Baal in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to sacrifice their sons and daughters to Molek, though I never commanded—nor did it enter my mind—that they should do such a detestable thing and so make Judah sin.

So much for the calvinist/reformed view of determinism, predestination, sovereignty in which everything that comes to pass is ordained by God and its His will.

Jeremiah 32
“The people of Israel and Judah have done nothing but evil in my sight from their youth; indeed, the people of Israel have done nothing but arouse my anger with what their hands have made, declares the Lord. 31 From the day it was built until now, this city has so aroused my anger and wrath that I must remove it from my sight. 32 The people of Israel and Judah have provoked me by all the evil they have done—they, their kings and officials, their priests and prophets, the people of Judah and those living in Jerusalem. 33 They turned their backs to me and not their faces; though I taught them again and again, they would not listen or respond to discipline. 34 They set up their vile images in the house that bears my Name and defiled it. 35 They built high places for Baal in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to sacrifice their sons and daughters to Molek, though I never commanded—nor did it enter my mind—that they should do such a detestable thing and so make Judah sin.
Oh, so God had no idea then right?

So you proclaim God's omniscience then? Past, present and future?
I believe God knows the future , He doesn't control/rule over it like the reformers teach.

Also why would Jesus teach us to pray for Gods will to be done on earth if its already been predetermined to happen. Its an oxymoron and unnecessary for any calvinst to pray that way.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom