The seriousness of this topic.....

praise_yeshua

To many people, Calvinism vs Arminianism is nothing more than a intellectual argument to win. Intellectual arguments are important. They establish a framework of discovery that wouldn't naturally otherwise "be there".

However,

There is a very real and tangible impact within humanity to this battle.

One of the "centerpiece" verses in this "intellectual argument" is found in how mankind has treated one another throughout history. There has always been a "group" claiming to have promises other human beings do not have. Case in point, the common argument made relative to the relationship of Jew and Gentile. Calvinists could learn a "thing or thousand from the Pharisees".

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Why the separation to begin with? That separation didn't begin in the life of Abraham. Abraham was a kind man. Abraham argued for not destroying Sodom. Abraham tried to get God to settle for less of justification of wrath from God. Abraham loved people. Not just his own children but the children of others. Abraham cared. (more on this later).

So why the separation between Jew and Gentile? Was it God designs or man's sinfulness that caused this?

Why "alienated"? Well, you must pay attention to the Scriptures and not men to understand the "why".

This "alienation" occured because of the children of Abraham failed God. They gave the children of man the opportunity to "blaspheme" the "name of God".

Rom 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.
Rom 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.
Rom 2:26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
Rom 2:27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?
Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Alienated from "promises"......because of the actions of Israel. Israel was to be benevolent and kind. Generous. Loving of all nations. However, they sought isolation and defiance.

Thank God that the advent of Jesus Christ changed this.

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

of twain.... ONE NEW MAN.... So making peace.

Similarly. The Calvinist would have you believe that THEY are not the reason for YOUR condition. Like the Jews of old, there is always someone claiming promises for themselves that others do not have.

How do we know?

1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
1Pe 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Man AGAINST man.......

Which is where Jesus "shows up" in the timeline of humanity to rescue mankind from himself. Both the individual and the national. Both the individual and the group.

Can a Christian, prevent others from becoming a Christian?????

Why the answer is YES. Overwhelmingly YES. Some of your will see your children abandon any sense of God and some of that blame will be upon YOU.......Some of the people you love will one day suffer because of YOU....

Paul felt the burden of others at his own hand.......

Act 20:26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.

Can we stop others from entering heaven?

Don't listen to Calvinism...... Believe the Scriptures.

Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

I can remember a old preacher I once knew say the "Eternal" fruit of a Christian, is another Christian".....

The seriousness of this topic is clear. The war that has existed from the begin among men is the battle for the minds and hearts of man. What we do in this life echoes in Eternity.

Gen 4:9 And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?

Take it from the first two brothers. Cain didn't care about his OWN brother. What does this remind you of?

Do you even care that you can make a difference?

Back
Top Bottom