The Great Tribulation

I'm going to in order, but first things must be taught first, then it should be clear as to what the Lord meant when he said those words.

It will fit perfectly. Tom, let me ask you a question~is 70 A.D. taught in any scriptures in God's word, other than what you think is written here? If the answer is no, then why would you think it is taught here? Context is what drives our understanding of what is being said, not the mere sound of words. Matthew 24; Mark 13 and Luke 21 all are speaking about the same timeline of events bringing us to the second coming of the Lord Jesus, not the destruction of Israel in 70 A.D.

Besides, without history being one's guide, no one would have ever known of 70 A.D. in Israel's destruction of their temple and their city~men rely on history for their understanding, and we know that history is written by victors who are very biased in their writings, and without question uninspired! I personally do not know what happened in 70 A. D. or 100 A.D. as far as that goes for I was not there and an eye witness of any events, and neither were you, ort any other man. Neither dates have anything to do with fulfilled bible prophecies as many believes.

Looking at Luke 21 whole context, I am convinced the Lord teaching is not to be taken in any way other than an WHOLE WORLD affect, that in any way can limit its words to the nation of Israel in the middle east.

Tom, this is the closing words of the teaching of the Olivet Discourse~which tells me that all that were said in the Olivet Discourse (Matthew 24; Mark 13; and Luke 21) has reference to the days (events) leading up to our Lord's return on the last day.

Let us consider those days leading up to the last day when Jesus shall return again to gather together his elect from the four winds of heaven and to destroy his enemies.
Can you address what I argued

Luke 21:24 (KJV 1900) — 24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Explain how you fit in Jerusalem being trodden down by gentile at the coming of Christ rather than the first century

Do you deny Jerusalem was trodden down by the gentiles in the first century

Do you know of any period of history the bible speaks of as the time of the gentiles
BTW yes I do believe it is taught elsewhere so your question accomplishes nothing

What temple did you imagine Jesus speaking of

Matthew 24 (KJV 1900) — 1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Mark 13:1–2 (KJV 1900) — 1 And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here! 2 And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

who was Jesus pronouncing woe against and whose house was to be left desolate

Matthew 23:13–38 (KJV 1900) — 13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. 14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows’ houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. 15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. 16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor! 17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold? 18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty. 19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift? 20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon. 21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein. 22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon. 23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. 24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel. 25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. 26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. 27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness. 28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. 29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, 30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. 33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? 34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: 35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. 36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. 37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Luke 21:24 (KJV 1900) — 24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Explain how you fit in Jerusalem being trodden down by gentile at the coming of Christ rather than the first century

Do you know of any period of history the bible speaks of as the time of the gentiles
BTW yes I do believe it is taught elsewhere so your question accomplishes nothing

Matthew 24 (KJV 1900) — 1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Mark 13:1–2 (KJV 1900) — 1 And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here! 2 And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Matthew 23:13–38 (KJV 1900) — 13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. 14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows’ houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. 15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. 16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor! 17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold? 18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty. 19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift? 20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon. 21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein. 22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon. 23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. 24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel. 25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. 26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. 27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness. 28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. 29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, 30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. 33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? 34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: 35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. 36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. 37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
Bump for @Red Baker :)

No problem, if we use only the word of God, and not looking outside of the scriptures to make our doctrine fit, as all Preterist, Historical eschatology so-called theologians do. By saying this, I'm not saying you are either, for I truly do not know your understanding on end time doctrine~but we shall soon see, just how much of the scriptures alone drives your understanding.

New Testament Christians live and teach by every word of God that proceeds out of God's mouth, not what is written by infidels like Josephus was.
Tom, I do this in a few ways~first, and foremost, I take the Olivet discourse recorded for us in Matthew 24; Mark 13; and Luke 21; and apply all three in the same sense, using others scriptures. I'm careful not to allow sound bites to interfere with me coming to the knowledge of the truth~all scriptures must flow in one cohesive whole, providing for us the same truth that is hidden therein. No one section is in a vacuum, isolated from what the scriptures overall considered are teaching us. Some have no problem with Matthew and Mark's account of endtime prophecy, but begin to depart from the truth when they come to Luke 21, with its seemly powerful sound bites that draws them another way toward literal Jerusalem in the middle east, in a so-called 70 A.D. theory.

Briefly for now, I explain this to mean, that the profession churches will be overtaken by false professors before the end comes.

Jerusalem/Judah being the place where God is worship, (though worldwide in its scope) yet in the latter days, during the little season when Satan is loose, once more to be able to go out and deceive the nations as he did in the OT, he will do it in more than one way, one being, he will fill the professing churches with GENTILES, (in the sense in which it is used several times in the scriptures) those uncircumcised in their hearts, in this sense Jerusalem (professing churches) will be trodden down of the Gentiles...men with uncircumcised hearts. Mega Churches if you! True believers will not be welcome ~ besides, they will flee Judah themselves when they see the abomination that God will make desolate set up in the churches around this world.

Using all scriptures we see this spoken of by Christ, Paul, and John very clearly.

Paul....2nd Timothy 3:1-4:5~This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was. But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience, Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me. Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry."
John in Revelation 13~

I'll give a quick brief overview of "my" understanding of this chapter. As you know, evil beasts are images in Scripture that often signify the carnal (fleshly), beastly, dangerous nature of man. It is sometimes used to signify evil Kingdoms or wicked carnal individuals.

Psalms 73:22
  • "So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee."

It is my position that beasts are often used in Scripture to signify the animalistic flesh driven nature of man. Without Christ, man is as a creature or beast without conscience or wisdom, and like a beast his driving force is to get whatever it desires, to tear, to devour, without consideration for law. It is often used to represent kingdoms or individuals as a token of those who live by the flesh (carnal nature) rather than the Spirit of God's law. I also believe that Revelation chapter 13 uses this imagery to paint a portrait of the carnal kingdom of Satan, as well as the false prophets whom he empowers to devour. The carnal, rebellious, disobedient man ruled by Satan is the likness (image) of the beast.

Revelation 13:1-2
  • "And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
  • And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority."

Without going into too much detail, the sea often used in Scripture as a synonym for the deep, bottomless pit or abyss, the spiritual place where this evil spirit resides ready to be loosed upon man at any moment. The first beast is the body of the antichrist (his kingdom) that was wounded at Christ's death and resurrection. The heads in Scripture often signify authority, and the number 7 is the perfect number of completeness. Thus I believe that the 7 heads represent Satan's authority to rule as the prince of this world throughout time (7 mountains = 7 kingdoms). Horns in Scripture often signify the power of whatever is in view, as the horn that was broken in Daniel (meaning his power was broken). The number 10 signifies the fullness of whatever is in view. In this instance the 10 horns signify Satan's "Power" over men to rule for the fullness of this short period of time near the time of the end of the world. The fullness and rule of this period is also spoken of in Scripture as one hour. Thus these 10 horns rule (as kings) with the beast kingdom one hour. And their crowns again illustrate they reign with him. i.e., crowns are for kings.

Revelation 17:12
  • "And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast."

This also shows clearly that the first beast (with these 10 horns) spans the completeness (7) of time, and near the end of this time (the 1 hour of God's judgment) when the church becomes spiritually Babylon, these 10 kings will reign with him for this short period (little season KJV) after Satan is loosed from the bottomless pit. The wound that was healed was the power of Satan to deceive the nations, which was before taken away (when Satan was bound) by Chris. At this time when Satan is loosed (the would healed), he again goes out to gather together and deceive the nations to bring them up against the camp of the saints.

Revelation 13:3
  • "And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast."

Christ, of course, wounded him by the cross, and also looses the beast, or heals that wound, after all Israel are sealed. Satan is loosed so that He might bring judgment upon the unfaithful (spiritual harlot) church.

Revelation 13:4-5
  • "And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
  • And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months."

Under the authority of Satan, these kings rule and go to make war against the camp of the saints (the church), it being judged of God for its abominations, after which is the return of Christ on the clouds of glory. Christ wounds and Christ heals that wound, to the glory of God.

Psalms 68:20-22
  • "He that is our God is the God of salvation; and unto GOD the Lord belong the issues from death.
  • But God shall wound the head of his enemies, and the hairy scalp of such an one as goeth on still in his trespasses.
  • The Lord said, I will bring again from Bashan, I will bring my people again from the depths of the sea:"

Compare Revelation 17:8,11 of, "the beast that was, and is not, and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit." In other words, this is the Beast, this is the power of Satan as he brought Israel into apostasy, as Christ defeated him, and as he again ascends out of the bottomless pit to attack the church. Just as a ravenous beast would attack the sheep in a fold, so Satan comes as an adversary of the house of God. He was because He ruled before Christ bound him. He is not because Christ bound Him. And He ascends out of the Pit because Christ looses him.

And the ability to bring God's external church down was bound or restrained by Christ's binding Satan over 2000 years ago, but his loosing after the millennial reign allows this judgment, even as Israel was judged. Thus the Gentile congregation is no better than the Jewish one. Apostasy knows no bounds. The blasphemies that he speaks is his false teachings and contradictions forsaking the Word of God. These are the great things he speaks that deceive and which Revelation 13 talks about.

Revelation 13:6-7
  • "And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
  • And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations."

Same as Revelation 20 when Satan is loosed from the Pit to make war with the saints.

Revelation 13:8-9
  • "And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
  • If any man have an ear, let him hear."

All of those who aren't sealed of God in Israel worship the carnal, Pseudo or Antichrist instead of God. He has deceived them so that they serve him, thinking they do God service.

Revelation 13:10-11
  • "He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
  • And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon."

John sees another vision of a beast coming up from the earth. The earth signifies they come up from the world, and this beast has two horns like a lamb, but speaks as a dragon. This beast represents the false prophets. They come looking like they have the power of the messenger of light (horns signify power, the number two signifies the truthful witness of the church), but what gives them away is that they speak as the Dragon, which is Satan. In other words, they appear as a messenger of light, but their gospel is false and of the adversary Satan.

The first beast, who the false prophets cause men to worship, represents the antichrist, or more to the point Satan's substitute kingdom. It is the body of false worshipers. Revelation is written this way because just as the true church is represented by the body of Christ, and the Old Testament congregation by the body of Moses, the false congregation is seen as the body of the anti (substitute) or false Christ. The false prophets are those who cause the unfaithful to depart from Scripture and worship Him. All Israel who are not sealed unto the day of redemption.

Revelation 13:12-14
  • "And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
  • And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
  • And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live."

The deadly wound was given the beast who is to be worshiped at the cross. Christ dealt the adversary a death wound so that he could not deceive the nations (and the church could be built), but at this time Satan is loosed from his prison. This is spoken of as the deadly wound being healed, and the reason is so that the unfaithful people of the world might again serve him (as judgment). The false prophets, the second beast, deceive the unfaithful people and seduce them into serving this antichrist kingdom by means of false miracles, signs and wonders. Remember, Christ was bound for the specific purpose of the nations not being deceived. Now that He is loosed, his false prophets again deceive the nations, in order to usher in the Lord's second coming.

Revelation 13:15-16
  • " And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
  • And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:"

The false prophets give life to the likeness of the Antichrist by propagating their false teachings, which leads to them overcoming the church and causing all the faithful therein (the two witnesses) to be killed. Those remaining as a judgment of God are said to be marked on their hand (not literally as some suppose, but spiritually) signifying their will belongs to them, and in their forehead, signifying their mind is sold out to Satan. Just as a cow is branded or marked to signify ownership, so this signifies these unsealed are slaves to the antichrist.

Revelation 13:17-18
  • "And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
  • Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."
The only folks that can move freely within the churches just before Christ comes are those that have the mark of the beast. I can speak separately on this if you like~I have scriptures to show that the mark on the right hand and on the foreheads is nothing more than an evidence that they are in perfect agreement with the spirit of the devil as he makes his last attempt to overthrow truth, etc. For 666 see:

What is two third of a whole? 66% the mark of the beast is 666, or the number of a man VOID OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD! It is human depravity, and all men are born with this mark! Some (about a third in comparison to the whole), or a small remnant, if you will are saved from the mark of the beast.

Okay too long, but come back and finish later.

Tom, I would never have known this except history~the scriptures are silence concerning this, since it plays no part in bible prophecy, zero!

So, I do not deny it, nor do I need to know anything concerning it. History is written by victors, as a Christian, I seek my understanding from God's word which is inspired by Him and without error.

Also, why would I leave Matthew 24; Mark 13; and all of Revelation and much which Paul wrote on concerning endtime, and then take a different path with Luke prophecies? Incontinency is the hallmark of error being present.

The times of the Gentiles could/and does have more than one meaning, or sense in which it is used. The context in which it is used determines its meaning, so here it does for me.
Tom, no problem concerning which temple Jesus used to warn his followers of that which was to come just before his coming. But, he said things that would be impossible to limit his warnings to the Jewish temple before them. This can be clearly seen when we go through Matthew 24, or Mark 13, and even Luke 21.

Let it be said that Matthew 24 is not separated from Matthew 25, but one complete discourse, addressing the same subject, spoken at the same time, so we must consider this when attempting to interpret what is before us. What God has put together, let no man put asunder.
The evil and wicked generation of reprobates serpents! Their house that which they trusted in, their Jewish bloodline; being the natural children of Abraham; their place of worship, the temple made with hands; all was made desolate, by Jesus' death and resurrection and making the Gentiles joint heirs with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, through Christ whom they despised, rejected and killed.

Tom, I would never have known this except history~the scriptures are silence concerning this, since it plays no part in bible prophecy, zero!

Um the scriptures are not silent in that this was predicted. History confirms it transpired
So, I do not deny it, nor do I need to know anything concerning it. History is written by victors, as a Christian, I seek my understanding from God's word which is inspired by Him and without error.
Unless you can provide any evidence that suggests this did not happen, your argument is extremely weak

Also, why would I leave Matthew 24; Mark 13; and all of Revelation and much which Paul wrote on concerning endtime, and then take a different path with Luke prophecies? Incontinency is the hallmark of error being present.

Um Matthew and Mark likewise predicted the destruction of Jerusalem
l
The times of the Gentiles could/and does have more than one meaning, or sense in which it is used. The context in which it is used determines its meaning, so here it does for me.
Again unless you can produce scripture which would show this can happen at the time of the end

you have no argument.

You would also have to show there is no relationship between the phrase "the time of the gentiles" in Luke and

Romans 11:25 (KJV 1900) — 25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Tom, no problem concerning which temple Jesus used to warn his followers of that which was to come just before his coming. But, he said things that would be impossible to limit his warnings to the Jewish temple before them. This can be clearly seen when we go through Matthew 24, or Mark 13, and even Luke 21.

List them.
Let it be said that Matthew 24 is not separated from Matthew 25, but one complete discourse, addressing the same subject, spoken at the same time, so we must consider this when attempting to interpret what is before us. What God has put together, let no man put asunder.
That would be an assumption

Because it is one discourse, the events listed need not be limited all to one particular time.

The evil and wicked generation of reprobates serpents! Their house that which they trusted in, their Jewish bloodline; being the natural children of Abraham; their place of worship, the temple made with hands; all was made desolate, by Jesus' death and resurrection and making the Gentiles joint heirs with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, through Christ whom they despised, rejected and killed.
Were a particular generation which existed in the first century upon whom was announced destruction.

Red Baker stated

Briefly for now, I explain this to mean, that the profession churches will be overtaken by false professors before the end comes.

Jerusalem/Judah being the place where God is worship, (though worldwide in its scope) yet in the latter days, during the little season when Satan is loose, once more to be able to go out and deceive the nations as he did in the OT, he will do it in more than one way, one being, he will fill the professing churches with GENTILES, (in the sense in which it is used several times in the scriptures) those uncircumcised in their hearts, in this sense Jerusalem (professing churches) will be trodden down of the Gentiles...men with uncircumcised hearts. Mega Churches if you! True believers will not be welcome ~ besides, they will flee Judah themselves when they see the abomination that God will make desolate set up in the churches around this world.

Um We are talking about Jerusalem being destroyed, Jews being taken captive and exiled throughout the world

Not false and true churches

Not true churches taken captive and exiled throughout the world

Provide scripture that specific mentions this senerio

Um the scriptures are not silent in that this was predicted. History confirms it transpired

Unless you can provide any evidence that suggests this did not happen, your argument is extremely weak
Tom, as I said above:

Tom, what any child of God needs to do, is to prove what the scriptures are teaching, and I beleive I can do so without very much trouble.

One seeing the truth and helping others to see the same truth is not always a easy task to do ~ the main thing is for one to bring the scriptures together and let them do this for them and they will if one has the truth on the subject he is laboring to bring forth.

Again unless you can produce scripture which would show this can happen at the time of the end

you have no argument.
Agreed
You would also have to show there is no relationship between the phrase "the time of the gentiles" in Luke and

Romans 11:25 (KJV 1900) — 25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Closely connected, but slightly different~the latter is speaking about the time when God has completed his visitation among the Gentiles just as he did among the Jews at the crucifixion of the Lord of glory.

The times of the Gentiles is speaking more of the particular latter days of the visitation of the Gentiles and that which will transpire in their churches throughout this world, which will be almost a carbon copy of Israel latter days!

List them.
That would be an assumption

crucifixion
I will list them when we go through Matthew 24.

No assumption concerning Matthew 24,25 being one discourse spoken at the same time. And yes, you are absolutely correct.....
Because it is one discourse, the events listed need not be limited all to one particular time.
We beleive we can prove this to be so.

Were a particular generation which existed in the first century upon whom was announced destruction.
Yes indeed, but actually this generation has been in the world since Cain! I have a fifty page outline (also most a small booklet) that I did for a pastor of a church, that was was never answered~maybe I can share some of this as we continue talking. Here is a very short version of what I sent to him that I found from another brother.

Tom, as I said above:

Tom, what any child of God needs to do, is to prove what the scriptures are teaching, and I beleive I can do so without very much trouble.
Not by ignoring scripture or what was stated

What temple is being referred to

Luke 21:5–6 (NASB 2020) — 5 And while some were talking about the temple, that it was decorated with beautiful stones and vowed gifts, He said, 6 “As for these things which you are observing, the days will come when there will not be left one stone upon another, which will not be torn down.”

Matthew 24:1–2 (NASB 2020) — 1 Jesus left the temple area and was going on His way when His disciples came up to point out the temple buildings to Him. 2 But He responded and said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, not one stone here will be left upon another, which will not be torn down.”

Mark 13:1–2 (NASB 2020) — 1 As He was going out of the temple, one of His disciples said to Him, “Teacher, look! What wonderful stones and what wonderful buildings!” 2 And Jesus said to him, “Do you see these great buildings? Not one stone will be left upon another, which will not be torn down.”

How can you make these verses refer to another temple some 2000 years later

Tom stated

Blindness began in the first century and the time of the gentiles began in the first century

One seeing the truth and helping others to see the same truth is not always a easy task to do ~ the main thing is for one to bring the scriptures together and let them do this for them and they will if one has the truth on the subject he is laboring to bring forth.

Agreed

Closely connected, but slightly different~the latter is speaking about the time when God has completed his visitation among the Gentiles just as he did among the Jews at the crucifixion of the Lord of glory.
Except you would have to have the church (Israel) blinded while the gentiles (false believers)come in

It's not going to work despite your allegorical attempts

Not by ignoring scripture or what was stated

What temple is being referred to

Luke 21:5–6 (NASB 2020) — 5 And while some were talking about the temple, that it was decorated with beautiful stones and vowed gifts, He said, 6 “As for these things which you are observing, the days will come when there will not be left one stone upon another, which will not be torn down.”

Matthew 24:1–2 (NASB 2020) — 1 Jesus left the temple area and was going on His way when His disciples came up to point out the temple buildings to Him. 2 But He responded and said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, not one stone here will be left upon another, which will not be torn down.”

Mark 13:1–2 (NASB 2020) — 1 As He was going out of the temple, one of His disciples said to Him, “Teacher, look! What wonderful stones and what wonderful buildings!” 2 And Jesus said to him, “Do you see these great buildings? Not one stone will be left upon another, which will not be torn down.”

How can you make these verses refer to another temple some 2000 years later

Blindness began in the first century and the time of the gentiles began in the first century

Except you would have to have the church (Israel) blinded while the gentiles (false believers)come in

It's not going to work despite your allegorical attempts
Tom, I'll address this tomorrow, just got in.

My God, False beliefs seeded by false prophets, teaches, and today's false pastors. these are worse than a DRUNK DRIVER, both KILLS. and spiritual deception is the worst. it kills millions daily. false beliefs are worst that covid 19........ Matthew 24:11 "And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many." Matthew 24:12 "And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold." (READ THAT AGAIN). Matthew 24:13 "But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved."

2 Timothy 4:3 "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;" 2 Timothy 4:4 "And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." 2 Timothy 4:5 "But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry." 2 Timothy 4:6 "For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand."

2 Timothy 3:1 "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come." 2 Timothy 3:2 "For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy," 2 Timothy 3:3 "Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good," 2 Timothy 3:4 "Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;" 2 Timothy 3:5 "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

spiritual deception is the #1 Killer, not only in America, but the world ...... period. and it's here now, even as we speak.

101G.

Back
Top Bottom