The Doctrine of Imminence

i have my Bible in the long run it dont really matter its going to happen the way the Lord wants
It will matter to those who placed their hope in that which was never promised by God.

BEST thing to do is believe God at His word = Matthew 4:4

Amen. I could list tons of Scripture to dispute pre-trib. But here's a philosophical point I don't understand why everyone misses. We have a long history of Christian martyrs being fed to lions, stoned, crucified upside down, and so on. What makes OUR mostly apostate generation worth sparing "tribulation"? Isn't tribulation something that exposes and strengthens our faith? Why would God make us go AWOL for that? It makes no sense.

We WILL have tribulation. We are not appointed to wrath. Big difference.
Your answer is in your own question: "What makes OUR mostly apostate generation worth sparing "tribulation"?"

Let me know if you see it.

It will matter to those who placed their hope in that which was never promised by God.

BEST thing to do is believe God at His word = Matthew 4:4
it still is not going to matter as in when he returns i am speaking of those saved. post or pre trib He comes when the time is right

that is my point and it sure looks likes the time could be any day
We are definitely getting closer to our LORD's Coming.

"Anyday" will eventually come into play since the LORD Jesus Christ specifically said certain things must take place before His Coming.

1 John ch2
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.
Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.

2 Thess ch2
Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Last edited:
The doctrine of imminence is the notion that Jesus could return at any moment, since we do not know the day or hour of His return. I personally believe this doctrine to be false. IMO, it is a way to prop up "pre-trib" rapture. Setting aside the fact that the Bible never makes any mention of a 7 year tribulation period (there may be a 70th week, but it's never identified as "the tribulation"), The problem is that people have looked at this in only 3 ways:
  • Jesus raptures pre-trib
  • Jesus raptures mid-trib
  • Jesus raptures post-trib
The second and third can't be true, because then we'd have a way to know the day and hour of His return. Therefore, the only choice left is pre-trib.

Consider this, however:
  • We are told we will have tribulation
  • We are not appointed to wrath
If you differentiate between tribulation and wrath, then the rapture should occur after the Great Tribulation when Jesus returns to pour out His wrath upon the earth. Does this mean that we can know the day or hour of His return? No.

15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

The Great Tribulation is cut short. How short? Nobody knows. Therefore when the Great Tribulation is upon us, no one will know the day or hour of His return. This is commonly known as the pre-wrath rapture.

"The doctrine of imminence..."

Are you sure you are not asking about the doctrine of M&Ms ?

Because we all know that - "They melt in your mouth and not in your hands"

Also, never forget that they are crunchy on the outside but chewy on the inside.

BEST of ALL - God left no one out as they come in all colors................

Back
Top Bottom