The double-mindedness of the Apostle Saul

jeremiah1five

The contradictions of the apostle Saul.
Some would say he evidences a contradictory mind.
Double-speak.
Forked tongue.
You be the judge:

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: Rom. 3:10.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. Rom. 6:13.

But wait there's more. Here's my favorite:

21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. Gal. 2:20–21.

6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Philippians 3:5–6.

And here is a challenge for you. Riddle me this:

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Ti 3:16–17.

The "All Scripture" Saul is referencing are the Hebrew Scriptures of Law, Psalms, and Prophets.
Saul writes in Galatians 2:20, "if righteousness come by the Law, then Christ is dead in vain."
But to others he writes, "[The Law] is profitable for instruction in righteousness." And still to others:

21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. Gal. 3:21.

Sound confusing? First he says, "there is none righteous."
Then he says about himself, "[as] touching the righteousness which is in the law, [he was] blameless." In other words, if he was blameless this speaks of justification, being declared "Not Guilty!" (by God.). But "there is none righteous", right?
He says elsewhere, "And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law," is confusing.
But then Saul likes to change words written in the Old Testament. Here is the original passage of prophecy:

21 The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, Unto the mighty God.
22 For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, Yet a remnant of them shall return:
Isaiah 10:21–22.

27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved: Romans 9:27.

A "remnant" is defined as a small minority. The majority of Jews remained in Assyria and Babylon and other Gentile lands. A small number returned to their homeland which is Israel. Does Saul say everyone that returned were saved and the majority of those that remained in Gentile lands were not? If this is true Ezra says that both Daniel and Ezekiel were alive and remained in Babylon when Cyrus gave permission for Jews to return to Israel.
Is Saul saying that Daniel and Ezekiel who remained in Babylon were not saved? Oh, what a tangled web we weave, Saul.
Very troubling.
A conundrum.

Conundrum: a difficult problem.
Synonyms are: "brain teaser" and "enigma" and "riddle."

What in tarnation is going on with Saul?

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. Rom. 6:13.

No contradiction.

21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. Gal. 2:20–21.

6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

No contradiction.

Your delusional disdain for Paul (that is what God through the angel addresses him as - Acts 27:23-24)...

is a disaster.

This is most distressing on a " christian" forum.

We live by the grace of God through belief / faith in Jesus, his Son, whom was the sacrificial lamb for our sins; to all who will believe!

There is neither Jew nor Gentile through the blood of Jesus and our law is liberty and love not Mosaic.

OP, do not bother to respond as you will be on ignore but I will be praying the scales fall from your eyes to see the truth of God's word in your heart !

God always knows what He is doing And He made an excellent decision when He chose Paul to be an apostle. To me Paul Is the author of the best book in the Bible. And Romans 8 is the best chapter in the Bible.

The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Romans

Author: Paul
Date: A.D. 56
Theme: The Righteousness of God in the Gospel of Christ
Key Words: Righteousness, Faith, Justification, Law, Grace

When Paul wrote Romans about A.D. 56, he had not yet been to Rome, but he had been preaching the gospel since his conversion in A.D. 35. During the previous ten years he had founded churches throughout the Mediterranean world. Now he was nearing the end of his third missionary journey. This epistle is therefore a mature statement of his understanding of the gospel. The church at Rome had been founded by other Christians (unknown to us, but see “visitors from Rome” in Acts 2:10); and Paul, through his travels, knew many of the believers there (Romans16:3–15).
Spirit Filled Life Study Bible

No contradiction.

No contradiction.

Your delusional disdain for Paul (that is what God through the angel addresses him as - Acts 27:23-24)...

is a disaster.
Gee, Fred. Thanks a lot. I knew that when I was confused about Saul's contradictions, you'd come with a two-word denial without proof, and I'd be set straight.
Your word carries more weight than the apostle's.

Double-speak.
Forked tongue.
You be the judge:

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Ti 3:16–17.

The "All Scripture" Saul is referencing are the Hebrew Scriptures of Law, Psalms, and Prophets.
Saul writes in Galatians 2:20, "if righteousness come by the Law, then Christ is dead in vain."
But to others he writes, "[The Law] is profitable for instruction in righteousness." And still to others:

21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. Gal. 3:21.

Then he says about himself, "[as] touching the righteousness which is in the law, [he was] blameless." In other words, if he was blameless this speaks of justification, being declared "Not Guilty!" (by God.). But "there is none righteous", right?
He says elsewhere, "And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law," is confusing.
But then Saul likes to change words written in the Old Testament. Here is the original passage of prophecy:

22 For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, Yet a remnant of them shall return:

27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved: Romans 9:27.

A "remnant" is defined as a small minority. The majority of Jews remained in Assyria and Babylon and other Gentile lands. A small number returned to their homeland which is Israel. Does Saul say everyone that returned were saved and the majority of those that remained in Gentile lands were not? If this is true Ezra says that both Daniel and Ezekiel were alive and remained in Babylon when Cyrus gave permission for Jews to return to Israel.
Is Saul saying that Daniel and Ezekiel who remained in Babylon were not saved? Oh, what a tangled web we weave, Saul.
Very troubling.
A conundrum.

In Romans 3:10, Paul was referencing Psalms 14:1-3, which says that there is no one who is righteous who says that there is no God, so he was not denying that anyone is righteous.

The issue of the way to become righteous is different from the issue of what we are becoming when we become righteous. In other words, there are no amount of righteous works that we need to have done first in order to become righteous as the result, but rather the only way to become righteous is through faith that we ought to be doers of righteous works. Becoming righteous through faith means becoming a doer of righteous works through faith in obedience to God's law, which is why the faith by which we declared righteous does not abolish our need to be doers of righteous works in obedience to God's law, but rather our faith upholds it (Romans 3:27-31).

In Romans 3:10, Paul was referencing Psalms 14:1-3, which says that there is no one who is righteous who says that there is no God, so he was not denying that anyone is righteous.
But there is a people that are righteous.
There are a people that are clean.
Do you know who they are?

And Psalms 14:1-3 does not teach that the fool doesn't believe in the existence of God. Saul made that clear in Rom. 1. Everyone alive KNOWS there is a God because God has shown them He exists. The fool in Psalm 14:1-3 doesn't believe that God will do what He's promised, not that He doesn't exist.
The issue of the way to become righteous is different from the issue of what we are becoming when we become righteous.
Righteousness has to do with sin, but are you clean before the Lord? Because cleanness has to do with the purification laws of Moses and the Gentile Church, the Constantinian Church at the beginning of the 4th century abolished the Law of Moses for true born-again believers who were saved by Israel's Messiah. They also declared Israel is excluded from the blessings of Abraham, and that as being a Christian is all that is necessary and that one does not have to care about how they live their lives. Have you abolished the Law of Moses in your belief system because Jesus said, "if you want to enter into life KEEP the commandments. Do you do that? What about your church? Have they abolished the commandments of God and the Law of Moses? If they have then judgment and curse is upon your fellowship because God's Law is eternal, not to be abolished by the whims of mere men.
In other words, there are no amount of righteous works that we need to have done first in order to become righteous as the result, but rather the only way to become righteous is through faith that we ought to be doers of righteous works.
OK. But are you clean?
11 For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean.
Jn 13:11.
Becoming righteous through faith means becoming a doer of righteous works through faith in obedience to God's law, which is why the faith by which we declared righteous does not abolish our need to be doers of righteous works in obedience to God's law, but rather our faith upholds it (Romans 3:27-31).
You give a good talk, but do you obey the Law of Moses? Do you practice and observe the Feasts?
Because when God comes - and He will come - He will be established in Jerusalem and all the remaining nations will go yearly to Jerusalem to for the Feast of Tabernacles to worship the King. Do you know anything about it? Do you observe this Feast today? Does your church?
WHEN did God's Law become abolished?

You give a good talk, but do you obey the Law of Moses? Do you practice and observe the Feasts?
Because when God comes - and He will come - He will be established in Jerusalem and all the remaining nations will go yearly to Jerusalem to for the Feast of Tabernacles to worship the King. Do you know anything about it? Do you observe this Feast today? Does your church?
WHEN did God's Law become abolished?
Col 2:16Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

Heb 8:They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”
6But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.

7For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. 8But God found fault with the people and said b :

“The days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant

with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
9It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
and I turned away from them,
declares the Lord.
10This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
11No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
12For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.” c
13By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Heb 10:1The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. 2Otherwise, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. 3But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins. 4It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins…8First he said, “Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them”—though they were offered in accordance with the law. 9Then he said, “Here I am, I have come to do your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Scripture refutes your argument!

Doug

Col 2:16Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

Heb 8:They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”
6But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.

7For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. 8But God found fault with the people and said b :

“The days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant

with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
9It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
and I turned away from them,
declares the Lord.
10This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
11No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
12For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.” c
13By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Heb 10:1The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. 2Otherwise, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. 3But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins. 4It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins…8First he said, “Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them”—though they were offered in accordance with the law. 9Then he said, “Here I am, I have come to do your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Scripture refutes your argument!

Doug
It's your misunderstanding of those passages that is in error.
Jesus was kosher. He obeyed the Law perfectly and instructed His people to do the same.
When the young man came and asked Jesus what he should do to inherit eternal life Jesus instructed him to obey the Law and he will receive eternal life. It makes no sense for Jesus to instruct the young man to obey God through the Law and several weeks later "abolish" that same Law with His cross, which is what the Constantinian Gentile church teaches that is heresy.

Saul was a practicing Jew. He also obeyed the Law because he knows that without the Law to follow that a person would therefore produce his own rules for serving God. But God has laid down His Law for His people to obey because He Himself would know in which way He wants His people to follow and obey Him. When the Constantinian Gentile church unmoored itself from the Law of God they became a ship on the ocean without a rudder and without a means to get safely to port.

Another thing, God is going to use the Law of Moses to judge HIS PEOPLE specifically, and Gentiles in general as He does today. You misunderstand what "nailed it to His cross" means. You are infected by Gentile propaganda that in their treatment of the Law of God have severed themselves from God and in doing so have created a religion, not a relationship with God through the Lawgiver, Jesus Christ. In other words, still, the Constantinian Gentile church leans on its own understanding in the vanity of their minds when the reject the Law of God and teach others to do so as well. Jesus pronounced a curse upon people that do that. You know the verse.
So, what's left? Only this. Work out your salvation (if you have one) with fear and trembling."
By the way, brush up on your knowledge on the Feast of Tabernacles (a Feast contained in the "abolished" Law of God because when Yeshua sits on His throne at Jerusalem Gentiles, which have been cleansed from OFF the Promised Land of Israel will reside in the real estate that surrounds Israel because God is going to command Gentiles "go up" to celebrate this aspect of the Law of Moses which the Gentile church teach was "abolished."

A word of advice. As Gentile you'll be residing in an area which Revelations describes as the God and Magog which are the nations and their leader (Gentiles) that are prophesied to come against the Lord and Israel He will be wiped off the face of the earth through fire that comes down from heaven. You'll be living in and among these nations, so, be advised.

Double-speak.
Forked tongue.
You be the judge:

Very troubling.
A conundrum.

Hello @jeremiah1five,

This is so sad, and must grieve the Holy Spirit, to hear an Apostle of the risen Christ, one chosen by God Himself for the task he was called upon to perform, spoken of this way. An Apostle spake for the One by Whom he was sent, and therefore was His spokesman, so be careful whom you malign @jeremiah1five, please. For it is Christ Whom you are maligning, through him.

In Christ Jesus
by God's grace
Chris

😞

Back
Top Bottom