JESUS Verses SAUL

I can show you through Scripture God ethnically cleansing the Promised Land at a future date when the Jews occupy the land, but you'd produce some twisted interpreted angle to discount the Word of truth. Still, I will give you one Scripture that shows there will be NO GENTILES in the Promised Land when Jews come to own it.

And in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts. Zech. 14:21.

In Joshua's time there were Canaanites (Gentiles) in the Promised Land. In the future God will cleanse the land of a Gentile presence. God is very ethnic as I said before.
God said it.
That settles it.
Dangerous theology here. It trips up both Jew and Gentile alike. You need eyes to see the types/shadows of OT scripture and compare spiritual with spiritual (yes, that's bible).

Have you read where in the end God will root out of His kingdom all the unbelieving and who do wickedly? The Canaanites and pagans of the OT is an allegory for the unbelieving who don't know or follow Christ.

Another thing that will be news to you is that we are in the allegorical "thousand year" reign of Christ NOW. As the captain of our salvation said the following things: "If you see demons being cast out and the sick healed then the kingdom HAS COME unto you". " All authority in heaven and earth was given to me. " "The kingdom comes NOT with careful observation that you would say lo here it is or lo there, but it is WITHIN you." He is ruling & reigning now. All things HAVE been put under His feet (though we do not yet SEE all things put under). He must rule (now) until the last enemy is defeated, which is death. We see this by faith, not by sight...except you be born again of the spirit you cannot "see" the kingdom of heaven.

Unbelieving religious Jews are looking to rule this geographical world for a thousand years....because they cannot see the kingdom and rule of Christ that is here now and began 2000 + years ago (and His ekklesia ruling with Him...carrying on His ministry here). What excuse do born again Christians have for being unequally yoked with unbelieving Jews and earthly concerns of the carnal mind? Beware of the temple when it is built.....the Lord showed me a very strong cult like delusion. Hebrew roots is sadly leading many believes to that delusion. If it were possible it will deceive even the elect.

Upon His return this old world, including sadly geographical Israel will be burned up (2 Peter 3). Also notice in those verses how it speaks of the thousand years as being the time of God's longsuffering that we are to account as salvation of souls. This age of grace in other words. And it is at His return, that Jesus turns the kingdom back over to the Father and becomes subject to Him once again (1 Cor 15:23-24) . So we need to put away our childish notions of a future utopia on this physical world. It's kind of disappointing I know, when I began realizing these things it reminded me of when I found out there was no Santa Claus after all, lol. Darn it. However, we look for a new heavens and new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness....heavenly spiritual realm, not a physical world. The city that is ABOVE. And so shall we FOREVER be with the Lord. No time limited thousand years there.

If you don't think that a lust for ethnic cleansing is not a sin then you're in an alternate universe altogether. I support the Lord not only giving them their own land forever but
Given the suffering the Hebrew people have endured nearly 6000 years at the hands, feet and swords by the non-Hebrews (Gentiles) I support the LORD not only giving them their own land but cleansing Gentiles from off of it and out of their sight.
All Roman Commanders maintained military control over Israel, so there was no military or political alliance between them and Israel whatsoever.
This "Roman Commander" was a God-Fearer. And you find know significance the elders of the Jews took time to go to Jesus on his behalf with a message of mercy for his slave. I think you might be missing the "weightier matters" of the things of God.
My "angle" is the NT, the word of God. I see you have a problem with that. In that case, carry on with your circumcision laws and your temple sacrifices.
I see I know more and know deeper things concerning such matters than you do.
Yes, as a Gentile your focus would by the NT instead of the OT of which the NT consults with extensively in the New Covenant era. You are definitely a Gentile that read the NT with a Gentile mindset ignoring the Jewishness of the entire canon. This is the reason why you, just like some of the Jews when Jesus was here, reject the time of your visitation and will be caught off guard and unprepared when the Times of the Gentiles ends with a nuclear bang. Lots of them. Like a string of firecrackers going off during a Chinese New Year celebration.

As far as I understand it, Gentiles turning to God under the old covenant were required to do everything the Jews were commanded to do. And the Jews proselytized the Gentiles. However, the point is that nobody turning to God through Christ and His new covenant, Jew or Gentile, is required to perform those ordinances any longer. And moreover it was those ordinances that made a partition and distinguished and separated between Jew and Gentile...which partition was torn down through the cross.
All the Jewish apostles to some extent remained obedient to the Law of Moses. Rabbi Saul especially.

Regarding Saul, if he wasn't obedient to the Law he would not be talking to the elders. He would have been excommunicated and anathema to the Jews.

23 Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them;
24 Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law. Acts 21:22–24.
No, the Law was not resurrected with Jesus, oh dear....where did you get that idea from?......just when I thought I'd heard everything. On the contrary the bible says the opposite.... what is old and obsolete (old covenant/Law) did indeed pass away. I can see that these scrips won't help you anyhow, you've found ways to wrest them all because of your deception.
True, Biblical Christianity is Completed Judaism. Did you know that the Law of Moses you Gentiles teach was "abolished" is in the process of returning in preparation of Messiah's return and that when God sits on His throne and Israel receives their own Promised Land finally that God Himself will cleanse all Gentiles from out of the land and Israel will occupy their own land with no Gentiles among them? Not only that but Gentiles will be commanded to every year make a pilgrimage to Israel to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles, a Feast contained in the Law you say was "abolished?" Better start brushing up on the Torah because it's coming back. Well, actually it never left. One just cannot practice a great portion of the Mosaic Law without a Temple. But one is primed to be built very soon. Imagine the effect upon Gentiles the existence of a Third Jewish Temple will have upon Gentile minds? And the two Jewish witnesses of Revelation 11. Ever consider what effect they will have on the Constantinian Gentile church when they make their debut. I think they will set Gentile Christians straight concerning their doctrine And they will not like it one itsy bitsy bit. Lock n load!
A lie is an idol and stronghold in the heart and mind and not easy to be delivered from....it takes a love of truth and willingness to allow God to correct and teach us. You need to get to know the bible better without those Jewish coloured glasses on. Just be willing to lay them aside long enough to see what is written clearly and be instructed by it. Both Jew and Gentile need God-coloured glasses to see with. See if you have ears to hear this from the OT: The angel was asked "Which side are you on?" and he replied, "NEITHER, but in the name of the LORD do I come."
Gentiles always have a way to put things that assign honor to the Law of Moses without obeying the Law of Moses. What did Jesus instruct this man who asked about his inheritance?

Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
Lk 10:25–28.

Eternal life by obeying the Law of Moses? Jesus says so. And if you understood the prophecies of the New Covenant, you'd understand this too. Jesus would be insincere and dishonest to instruct the man to obey the Law of Moses that in a few short weeks He was going to die and "abolish" the Law as Gentile Christians teach.
I see Jesus saying, "Obey the Law of Moses" and then snatch the rug from underneath his feet so that he falls.

Eph 2:12-17
That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Rom 7:3-4
A couple of things here. First, Saul is writing to Jewish Christians at Ephesus. That church fellowship was founded by Jewish Christians when they returned from Pentecost. First, the took Jesus with them into the synagogues. Then the Jews after a while couldn't reconcile their Messiah and King hanging on a tree. They stumbled.
Second, unless the context identifies "hard-core, uncircumcised, non-covenant, idol-worshiping Gentiles as such, where you see the word Gentile it is describing proselytes and God-Fearers.
Third, do you understand what "having abolished IN HIS FLESH the enmity, even the Law of commandments contained in ordinances?" I don't think you do, but as Gentile with a Gentile mindset you'll think, "Ah ha! Here it is! The Law of Moses Abolished!"
But that is not what it means.
So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
There it is again. "Having abolished IN HIS FLESH the enmity."
When you come to the knowledge of the truth in what Saul is talking about in these words then you'll receive a deeper understanding of what it means to a Jewish Christian.
The Law is eternal as being part of God's word to instruct, reprove, correct us etc. It instructs us as to what righteousness looks like, and it points everywhere in every way to Christ. But nobody is required to be UNDER it and BOUND to it any longer, as we serve in the new way of the Spirit now in liberty. Being led by the Spirit to do God's will; walking in the Spirit so as to not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.
So, Saul did the same thing as Jesus did with the man who was concerned about inheriting eternal life. He takes the Jews to the Hebrew Scriptures of Law, Psalms, and Prophets.

16 All scripture [Hebrew Scripture of Law, Psalms, and Prophets] is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Tim. 3:16–17.

It doesn't say "instruction to recognize righteousness." It says instruction IN righteousness." In other words, the Law brings righteousness. But wait a minute! Saul said the Law doesn't make a person righteous. Did he now?
Really? I'll let you think about that one for a minute.
Rom 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Writing to Jewish Christians at Rome.
Gal 2:4
And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
Writing to Jewish Christians in the Galatian region.
Gal 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Are you one of those false brethren? Fallen from grace according to this..?
It was James the Lord's brother, and maybe Peter, but mostly James who went around teaching salvation through the Law. But didn't Jesus tell the man to obey the Law and you'll receive your inheritance of eternal life?
What?
Gal 5:4
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
Saul contradicts himself. But I thought the NT writings were inspired and free from error?

Some church fathers when gathering scrolls for the canon didn't want Saul's letter to Rome part of the new bible. Now, I know why.

5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, nan Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Philippians 3:5–6.

Saul says righteousness [which] is in the Law.
Do you understand what Saul means by "blameless?"
He's talking about justification. Being declared by God "Not Guilty!"
But didn't the Law condemn people guilty!?
What the his-ell is Saul saying?

One more time:

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Philippians 3:9.

Saul, Saul, why persecutests thou your own doctrine!
Figure that out and you can be my Valentine.

I can see that you know deeper things about humility. o_O
when the Times of the Gentiles ends with a nuclear bang. Lots of them. Like a string of firecrackers going off during a Chinese New Year celebration.
You can include lust for nuclear destruction alongside lust for ethnic cleansing to your spiritual portfolio.

Given the suffering the Hebrew people have endured nearly 6000 years at the hands, feet and swords by the non-Hebrews (Gentiles) I support the LORD not only giving them their own land but cleansing Gentiles from off of it and out of their sight.
It is because of British and American Gentiles that Israel was given their own land. And it's under the American Gentile umbrella that Israel is pounding Gaza with ethnic cleansing. That makes American Gentiles your Lord.

It is because of British and American Gentiles that Israel was given their own land. And it's under the American Gentile umbrella that Israel is pounding Gaza with ethnic cleansing. That makes American Gentiles your Lord.
Think poor Jeremiah's problem is that he is minding earthly things when our conversation should be in heaven. "Comparing spiritual with spiritual" in the word of God, not earthly things.

Phl 3:18-20

(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

For our conversation is in heaven
; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

All the Jewish apostles to some extent remained obedient to the Law of Moses. Rabbi Saul especially.

Regarding Saul, if he wasn't obedient to the Law he would not be talking to the elders. He would have been excommunicated and anathema to the Jews.

23 Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them;
24 Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law. Acts 21:22–24.

True, Biblical Christianity is Completed Judaism. Did you know that the Law of Moses you Gentiles teach was "abolished" is in the process of returning in preparation of Messiah's return and that when God sits on His throne and Israel receives their own Promised Land finally that God Himself will cleanse all Gentiles from out of the land and Israel will occupy their own land with no Gentiles among them? Not only that but Gentiles will be commanded to every year make a pilgrimage to Israel to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles, a Feast contained in the Law you say was "abolished?" Better start brushing up on the Torah because it's coming back. Well, actually it never left. One just cannot practice a great portion of the Mosaic Law without a Temple. But one is primed to be built very soon. Imagine the effect upon Gentiles the existence of a Third Jewish Temple will have upon Gentile minds? And the two Jewish witnesses of Revelation 11. Ever consider what effect they will have on the Constantinian Gentile church when they make their debut. I think they will set Gentile Christians straight concerning their doctrine And they will not like it one itsy bitsy bit. Lock n load!

Gentiles always have a way to put things that assign honor to the Law of Moses without obeying the Law of Moses. What did Jesus instruct this man who asked about his inheritance?

Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
Lk 10:25–28.

Eternal life by obeying the Law of Moses? Jesus says so. And if you understood the prophecies of the New Covenant, you'd understand this too. Jesus would be insincere and dishonest to instruct the man to obey the Law of Moses that in a few short weeks He was going to die and "abolish" the Law as Gentile Christians teach.
I see Jesus saying, "Obey the Law of Moses" and then snatch the rug from underneath his feet so that he falls.

A couple of things here. First, Saul is writing to Jewish Christians at Ephesus. That church fellowship was founded by Jewish Christians when they returned from Pentecost. First, the took Jesus with them into the synagogues. Then the Jews after a while couldn't reconcile their Messiah and King hanging on a tree. They stumbled.
Second, unless the context identifies "hard-core, uncircumcised, non-covenant, idol-worshiping Gentiles as such, where you see the word Gentile it is describing proselytes and God-Fearers.
Third, do you understand what "having abolished IN HIS FLESH the enmity, even the Law of commandments contained in ordinances?" I don't think you do, but as Gentile with a Gentile mindset you'll think, "Ah ha! Here it is! The Law of Moses Abolished!"
But that is not what it means.

There it is again. "Having abolished IN HIS FLESH the enmity."
When you come to the knowledge of the truth in what Saul is talking about in these words then you'll receive a deeper understanding of what it means to a Jewish Christian.

So, Saul did the same thing as Jesus did with the man who was concerned about inheriting eternal life. He takes the Jews to the Hebrew Scriptures of Law, Psalms, and Prophets.

16 All scripture [Hebrew Scripture of Law, Psalms, and Prophets] is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Tim. 3:16–17.

It doesn't say "instruction to recognize righteousness." It says instruction IN righteousness." In other words, the Law brings righteousness. But wait a minute! Saul said the Law doesn't make a person righteous. Did he now?
Really? I'll let you think about that one for a minute.

Writing to Jewish Christians at Rome.

Writing to Jewish Christians in the Galatian region.

It was James the Lord's brother, and maybe Peter, but mostly James who went around teaching salvation through the Law. But didn't Jesus tell the man to obey the Law and you'll receive your inheritance of eternal life?
What?

Saul contradicts himself. But I thought the NT writings were inspired and free from error?

Some church fathers when gathering scrolls for the canon didn't want Saul's letter to Rome part of the new bible. Now, I know why.

5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, nan Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Philippians 3:5–6.

Saul says righteousness [which] is in the Law.
Do you understand what Saul means by "blameless?"
He's talking about justification. Being declared by God "Not Guilty!"
But didn't the Law condemn people guilty!?
What the his-ell is Saul saying?

One more time:

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Philippians 3:9.

Saul, Saul, why persecutests thou your own doctrine!
Figure that out and you can be my Valentine.
I can't keep up with all your responses and comments, I'm not young any more, lol. But I hope you and others will read and consider my last post about the "1000 year" kingdom rule and reign of Christ being now. And remember Jesus said His kingdom is NOT of this world. We need to put aside the book of Rev long enough to just absorb what the previous scrips are saying, before trying to tackle Rev which is very cryptic and allegorical and hard to understand.....it absolutely needs a very good knowledge of all the previous scrips to begin to decipher! Don't try to work backwards from Rev, otherwise we'll miss the mark and be in error....work towards it. Rev is a kind of reiteration of previous scrips and truth.

Think poor Jeremiah's problem is that he is minding earthly things when our conversation should be in heaven. "Comparing spiritual with spiritual" in the word of God, not earthly things.

Phl 3:18-20

(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

For our conversation is in heaven
; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
Correct. Christ made it clear to Pilate and to everyone that his Kingdom is not territorial. It is "not of this world".

Actually, @jeremiah1five has many problems. He continuosly throws Apostle Paul under the bus by falsely claiming that he contradicts himself. He is not adverse to ripping out the Gospel writings of Apostle Luke, a Gentile, from the NT canon as the Pharisaic Jews historically did to their Greek OT writings. No Christian would stoop so low.

Jer15 displays paranoia by claiming that the Gentiles stole Israel's inheritance which is totally false. And it doesn't stop there. His words border on psychosis when he reveals how enraptured he is for the ethnic cleansing of Gentiles and their nuclear destruction.

Correct. Christ made it clear to Pilate and to everyone that his Kingdom is not territorial. It is "not of this world".

Actually, @jeremiah1five has many problems. He continuosly throws Apostle Paul under the bus by falsely claiming that he contradicts himself. He is not adverse to ripping out the Gospel writings of Apostle Luke, a Gentile, from the NT canon as the Pharisaic Jews historically did to their Greek OT writings. No Christian would stoop so low.

Jer15 displays paranoia by claiming that the Gentiles stole Israel's inheritance which is totally false. And it doesn't stop there. His words border on psychosis when he reveals how enraptured he is for the ethnic cleansing of Gentiles and their nuclear destruction.
Yes, I noticed some of that.....not too healthy. Deception can be so dangerous in more than one way. While its good to be aware of the Jews and their need to know their true Messiah, the Hebrew roots movement as a whole has gone way off course into a ditch of law-keeping, and also it's a deception that I'm afraid is leading many souls to accept the Jewish expectation of a utopia on this earth with Israel being its political head. That was their error when Jesus came on the scene, and it caused them to miss Him....they were and still are unfortunately looking for a flesh and blood king/messiah to be leader of a geo-political kind of kingdom.

Last edited:

This "Roman Commander" was a God-Fearer. And you find know significance the elders of the Jews took time to go to Jesus on his behalf with a message of mercy for his slave. I think you might be missing the "weightier matters" of the things of God.

Yes, as a Gentile your focus would by the NT instead of the OT of which the NT consults with extensively in the New Covenant era. You are definitely a Gentile that read the NT with a Gentile mindset ignoring the Jewishness of the entire canon. This is the reason why you, just like some of the Jews when Jesus was here, reject the time of your visitation and will be caught off guard and unprepared when the Times of the Gentiles ends with a nuclear bang. Lots of them. Like a string of firecrackers going off during a Chinese New Year celebration.
I'm afraid you are caught in a snare of idolatry with regard to the Jews. They, just as much as Gentiles, need to have their minds RENEWED. Where it talks about the carnal mind and natural man not being able to perceive/discern the things of God, is talking to the Jews every bit as much as to Gentiles...and actually it even speaks to them FIRST. Remember the VERY SAME gospel that we Gentiles have is the gospel that was preached to them FIRST.....because THEY NEED IT just as much as the Gentiles.

When our Lord began His public ministry in Galilee His hearers recognized that what He brought was “a new teaching” and those who listened to the Sermon on the Mount were aware that they were being presented with a “new morality,” for all our Lord’s claim that He was but reaffirming the essence of the law and the prophets, “for he taught them as one who had authority, and not as their scribes”. The question to be asked of all teaching is not “Is it new?” but “Is it true?”

When the question of "is it true" was put to the new teaching with which John takes issue with in 1 John 4:2–6., He tells us it was not true. It could not be, for it was at variance with the truth incarnate in Jesus. Far from bringing out the deeper implications of the gospel, it utterly subverted it. No appeal to the principle of complementarity could reconcile the one to the other.

By this you may know (perceive and recognize) the Spirit of God: every spirit which acknowledges and confesses [the fact] that Jesus Christ (the Messiah) [actually] has become man and has come in the flesh is of God [has God for its source]; 3 And every spirit which does not acknowledge and confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh [but would annul, destroy, sever, disunite Him] is not of God [does not proceed from Him]. This [nonconfession] is the [spirit] of the antichrist, [of] which you heard that it was coming, and now it is already in the world.

4 Little children, you are of God [you belong to Him] and have [already] defeated and overcome them [the agents of the antichrist], because He Who lives in you is greater (mightier) than he who is in the world. 5 They proceed from the world and are of the world; therefore it is out of the world [its whole economy morally considered] that they speak, and the world listens (pays attention) to them. 6 We are [children] of God. Whoever is learning to know God [progressively to perceive, recognize, and understand God by observation and experience, and to get an ever-clearer knowledge of Him] listens to us; and he who is not of God does not listen or pay attention to us. By this we know (recognize) the Spirit of Truth and the spirit of error.
1 Jn 4:2–6.

What about that foreskin you have around your heart?

Jer 4:4 Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.
God has taken care of that for His covenant people Israel:

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
Ezek. 36:25–28.

Saul quotes the First Testament, a passage only Jews know about thus evidencing the Second Testament writings/letters to Corinth were written to Jewish Christians (Gentile proselytes and God-Fearers).
Hard-core, uncircumcised, non-covenant, idol-worshiping Gentiles (Roman, Scythian, Greek) would not know of this passage in the Hebrew Scriptures. They don't want to know it. They don't attend Temple services nor synagogue services. Here, Saul quotes Ezekiel.

3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
2 Cor 3:3.

Gentiles were the enemy of Jews. There was indulged separation and division enforced by both groups. Gentiles lived "over there" and Jews "over there." They barely tolerated each other. So, when you see "Gentiles" in the text, unless it is clear the Gentiles being referenced are uncircumcised Roman/Greek Gentiles then it is referring to committed-to-Israel circumcised proselytes, and uncircumcised, devout God-Fearers. And that is the error of Gentile Christians. They fail to make distinctions which are required to better understand the text of Scripture. It blows my mind to see Gentile Christians quote the First Testament Scriptures that say, "Israel shall be a light to the Gentiles" and in the next breath deny Israel that office of service to God.
Your evil heart is showing in your theology. Why are you actually any different than a uncircumcised Gentle who carries the sin of whoremongering around in his foreskin?
You're not.
Just because you don't believe God does not make God's Word untrue. God doesn't lie. But Gentiles in the past 1900 years who have in the beginning when the Jewish Temple was destroyed soon untethered Jewish Christianity from its Hebrew roots and made it into a Gentile Christianity religion and without a Jew there to be that light to a/the Gentiles re-interpreted the Hebrew Scriptures with a Gentile cultural mindset, which led of course, to error and heresy. Salvation that was OF THE JEWS was stolen and became salvation is of the Gentiles. Clearly there is no passage of Scripture anywhere that says such a thing. It is clear in the Word of God that God made no covenant with Gentiles. One of the errors of the Gentile church which exists today is their view of themselves as the Bride of God. But there is no passage in Scripture that such a thing exists. Israel is Betrothed to God, not Gentiles. Gentiles stole such biblical passages and concepts and made them their own, but the bible is clear that Israel is the Bride of God.

19 And I will betroth thee unto me for ever;
Yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment,
And in lovingkindness, and in mercies.
20 I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness:
And thou shalt know the LORD.
21 And it shall come to pass in that day,
I will hear, saith the LORD, I will hear the heavens,
And they shall hear the earth;
22 And the earth shall hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil;
And they shall hear Jezreel.
23 And I will sow her unto me in the earth;
And I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy;
And I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people;
And they shall say, Thou art my God.
Hosea 2:19–23.

Jesus:
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Matthew 5:18.

Saul:
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Romans 10:4.

Jesus said that not one jot or tittle shall in no wise pass from the Law until all be fulfilled (and not everything in the Law has yet been fulfilled.) But Saul says, Christ is the end of the Law. Is Saul contradicting the Lord? If you take Jesus' fulfilling the Law as the end or abolishing of the Law, then your interpretation makes Saul contradict the Lord. After Saul met Jesus Saul continued in the Law. He kept the Law. Here, Saul confirms his obedience to the Law of Moses being a Jewish Christian. He was 'proud' of his Jewish heritage and continued in the Law all the way to his death at Rome.

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, nan Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; 6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Philippians 3:2–6.

20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:
Acts 21:20.

24 Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law.
Acts 21:23–24.

Dangerous theology here. It trips up both Jew and Gentile alike. You need eyes to see the types/shadows of OT scripture and compare spiritual with spiritual (yes, that's bible).
Why is it "dangerous"? I believe the Scripture. I don't separate true, biblical Christianity from its Hebrew roots. Gentiles have done that. And in doing this have created a new religion separated from the Hebrew Scripture.
Have you read where in the end God will root out of His kingdom all the unbelieving and who do wickedly? The Canaanites and pagans of the OT is an allegory for the unbelieving who don't know or follow Christ.
That's a false dichotomy. Scripture is not an allegory. The prophets did not speak allegory to Israel. They delivered the very Word of God. Allegory is a hermeneutic device developed first by the Greeks who used it to protect their Homeric writings against scientific knowledge. Although Origen is thought to have developed this method of interpretation it was used a long time before he was born. Jews used it to interpret portions of the Septuagint. This method took on several forms. It began as three methods and enlarged to four. God didn't speak allegory to Israel. He said what He means and means what He says and there was no need to interpret His word while the prophet who spoke His word was there to assist in its understanding, not its interpretation.
Another thing that will be news to you is that we are in the allegorical "thousand year" reign of Christ NOW. As the captain of our salvation said the following things: "If you see demons being cast out and the sick healed then the kingdom HAS COME unto you". " All authority in heaven and earth was given to me. " "The kingdom comes NOT with careful observation that you would say lo here it is or lo there, but it is WITHIN you." He is ruling & reigning now. All things HAVE been put under His feet (though we do not yet SEE all things put under). He must rule (now) until the last enemy is defeated, which is death. We see this by faith, not by sight...except you be born again of the spirit you cannot "see" the kingdom of heaven.
You quote in part Matthew 12:28 but miss what Jesus was saying. Jesus was saying the He was the kingdom of God. And although we do not "see" His rule or reign we do "see" the effects of it.
Unbelieving religious Jews are looking to rule this geographical world for a thousand years....because they cannot see the kingdom and rule of Christ that is here now and began 2000 + years ago (and His ekklesia ruling with Him...carrying on His ministry here). What excuse do born again Christians have for being unequally yoked with unbelieving Jews and earthly concerns of the carnal mind? Beware of the temple when it is built.....the Lord showed me a very strong cult like delusion. Hebrew roots is sadly leading many believes to that delusion. If it were possible it will deceive even the elect.
Wow. You stopped short of saying Jews are the devil.
For your information, the Jews are in covenant with God. It is a covenant or redemption and salvation. And God's covenants are progressive, meaning His redemption and salvation of the Hebrews/Jews is proportional. First, the Abrahamic Covenant. Then, to compliment that covenant God makes covenant with his seed the children of Israel (Mosaic), then in time God compliments both previous covenants with a New Covenant with the House of both Israel and Judah (northern and southern kingdoms.)
Then, Christ comes to fulfill all three covenants to Himself and what was once a natural or physical covenant has now become a spiritual covenant in reality. Saul says the Law is spiritual. He says this as the Holy Spirit has been saving Jews and instead of salvation through letter of the Law it is now a salvation of the spirit. Natural Israel is now become spiritual Israel through the new birth by the Holy Spirit of Promise. And why is He called the Holy Spirit of Promise? Because He was Promised to Israel, not Gentiles.
Here, Peter is speaking to his Jewish brethren:

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. Acts 2:38–39.

In other words, the Promise is to Abraham and his seed. To the seed of Abraham listening to Peter, to their children (Abraham's seed continued), and to all who are afar off (Abraham's seed continued beyond the next generation and the next.)

God made no covenant with Gentiles. Yet He is presently saving Gentiles without a covenant. God has meant to do this, and His prophets have said so. But God never meant for Gentiles to steal Israel's covenants and inheritance in Abraham and make it all their own. And since the destruction of the Jewish Temple they have done just that, and you are infected by their sin and false theology which theology has by Gentile design unmoored it from its Hebrew roots.
Upon His return this old world, including sadly geographical Israel will be burned up (2 Peter 3). Also notice in those verses how it speaks of the thousand years as being the time of God's longsuffering that we are to account as salvation of souls. This age of grace in other words. And it is at His return, that Jesus turns the kingdom back over to the Father and becomes subject to Him once again (1 Cor 15:23-24) . So we need to put away our childish notions of a future utopia on this physical world. It's kind of disappointing I know, when I began realizing these things it reminded me of when I found out there was no Santa Claus after all, lol. Darn it. However, we look for a new heavens and new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness....heavenly spiritual realm, not a physical world. The city that is ABOVE. And so shall we FOREVER be with the Lord. No time limited thousand years there.
That's exactly what Zechariah is prophesying about. A new heavens and a new earth with God on His throne at a New Jerusalem.

6 And it shall come to pass in that day,
That the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD,
Not day, nor night:
But it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
8 And it shall be in that day,
That living waters shall go out from Jerusalem;
Half of them toward the former sea,
And half of them toward the hinder sea:
In summer and in winter shall it be.
9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth:
In that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.
10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem:
And it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place,
From Benjamin’s gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate,
And from the tower of Hananeel unto the king’s winepresses.
11 And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction;
But Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited. (by Jews.)

12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people
That have fought against Jerusalem; (see vss. 1-3)
Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet,
And their eyes shall consume away in their holes,
And their tongue shall consume away in their mouth. (this not a nuclear event but God event)
13 And it shall come to pass in that day,
That a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them;
And they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour,
And his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.
14 And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem;
And the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together,
Gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance. (in other words God won.)
15 And so shall be the plague of the horse,
Of the mule, of the camel, and of the ***,
And of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.
16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations
Which came against Jerusalem
Shall even go up from year to year
To worship the King, the LORD of hosts,
And to keep the feast of tabernacles. (funny thing. This Feast is in the Law of Moses. But don't Gentiles teach the Law of Moses was abolished?)
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up
Of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem
To worship the King, the LORD of hosts,
Even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain;
There shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen
That come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt,
And the punishment of all nations
That come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses,
HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD;
And the pots in the LORD’s house shall be like the bowls before the altar.
21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts:
And all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: (Funny thing. God re-institutes sacrifices and the instrument of its function is the Law of Moses.)
And in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.
Zech. 14:6-21

Of verse 21 God is going to cleanse the Promised Land of all Gentile presence.

Greater Israel 2.jpg

In this land there will be no Gentiles.
Gentiles will occupy the land surrounding Israel.

I can see that you know deeper things about humility. o_O
Why is it permissible by Gentiles to give pass to Saul when he exalts himself in truth but anyone else who speaks truthfully about themselves in Christ they are not humble.
For your information the Holy Spirit's effect on one of His kids growing in knowledge of the truth always comes with humility.
For your information.
you can include lust for nuclear destruction alongside lust for ethnic cleansing to your spiritual portfolio.
Another one who misunderstood my words and puts words in my mouth.

For the purposes of God this is partially true. God orchestrates all that governments of the earth do. He's going to put a hook in the nose of Gog and Magog to do His bidding as He used Assyria and Babylon to do His bidding and then when He was done using them, He destroyed them all.

I can't keep up with all your responses and comments, I'm not young any more, lol. But I hope you and others will read and consider my last post about the "1000 year" kingdom rule and reign of Christ being now.
The 1000-year reign of Christ is not now. But it is coming.
And remember Jesus said His kingdom is NOT of this world.
Christ is the kingdom of God, and you are part right. Christ is not of this world.
We need to put aside the book of Rev long enough to just absorb what the previous scrips are saying, before trying to tackle Rev which is very cryptic and allegorical and hard to understand.....
It is not allegorical. Allegory is a Greek device to protect Homeric writings from scientific advances. Later, Jews used it when the Septuagint was translated to interpret the Septuagint. Revelation contains imagery, symbolism, and representation, but not allegory.
it absolutely needs a very good knowledge of all the previous scrips to begin to decipher! Don't try to work backwards from Rev, otherwise we'll miss the mark and be in error....work towards it. Rev is a kind of reiteration of previous scrips and truth.
That's correct. The 65 Jewish writings of the bible are the key to understanding the 66th book of the bible.

I don't just claim. I provide the Scripture proving it or whatever I am saying. So, let's get it right, OK?

I'm afraid you are caught in a snare of idolatry with regard to the Jews. They, just as much as Gentiles, need to have their minds RENEWED. Where it talks about the carnal mind and natural man not being able to perceive/discern the things of God, is talking to the Jews every bit as much as to Gentiles...and actually it even speaks to them FIRST. Remember the VERY SAME gospel that we Gentiles have is the gospel that was preached to them FIRST.....because THEY NEED IT just as much as the Gentiles.
The good news was sent to the Jews first because it is their covenant and their good news.
God is only giving to Israel what belongs to Israel:

4 Who are Israelites;
to whom pertaineth
the adoption, and
the glory, and
the covenants, and
the giving of the law, and
the service of God,
and the promises;
5 Whose are the fathers,
and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came,
who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom. 9:4–5.

Back
Top Bottom