What is the tribulation period?

I see a beginning of the great tribulation and an end where is this middle you keep insisting upon? Here's the beginning and the end of the tribulation.

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. . . . For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.” (Matthew 24:6–8, 21–22)
We've had wars and rumors of wars since forever. None of that has anything to do with a tribulation period. Jesus is simply telling us not to fret about wars and nation rising against nation as if those are signs of His coming.

Again, show me the scripture that says the first 3.5 years are a period of tribulation. Just saying so doesn't make it scripture.
It doesn't? Who knew? You mean even if I put my theologian hat on? Okay how about this one?

“And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse” (Rev. 19:21)

When Christ returns at the end of the Seven Year Tribulation period, the armies that have been fighting with each other for power will have invaded the city of Jerusalem and will have been engaged in house-to-house fighting.

When the glory of the second coming of Christ appears in the heavens, however, these soldiers will forget their contest for power on earth and will turn to fight the army from heaven . Yet their best efforts will be futile because Christ will smite them with the sword in His mouth, and they will all be killed, along with their horses.

Seven Year Tribulation period over

It doesn't? Who knew? You mean even if I put my theologian hat on? Okay how about this one?

“And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse” (Rev. 19:21)

Where's the scripture that says this happens during a seven year tribulation period?

When Christ returns at the end of the Seven Year Tribulation period, the armies that have been fighting with each other for power will have invaded the city of Jerusalem and will have been engaged in house-to-house fighting.

When the glory of the second coming of Christ appears in the heavens, however, these soldiers will forget their contest for power on earth and will turn to fight the army from heaven . Yet their best efforts will be futile because Christ will smite them with the sword in His mouth, and they will all be killed, along with their horses.

Seven Year Tribulation period over

Where's the scripture that says there is a seven year tribulation period?

Here is further proof that there is no pre-trib rapture.

2 Thes 2:2 Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, 2 that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. 3 Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction

Paul is telling them that if they haven't seen the apostacy and the man of sin revealed, then they know that Jesus hasn't returned.
Read the news much?
I regularly read articles discussing the departure of people from the church.
Atheists over on CARM boast about apostasy regularly.
21 years ago I joined an atheist owned and operated forum.
Users constantly told me they were former pastors, priests, etc...., and had left faith.

Do you use the Edge browser?
It has a default page which has a large variety of news type articles.
many of them discuss faith. Perhaps it's due to the choices i make for articles i read, so it picks stuff it thinks i like. I don't know why. But i daily read articles about Christianity and why people leave.

When is the man of sin revealed?
In the middle of the seven years.
Actually, that's not what it says.

it states,

2Th 2:1-3 KJV 1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

The day of Christ won't happen until the apostasy occurs.
The man of sin will be revealed after the apostasy starts.

And to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.1 Thessalonians 1:10

A powerful storm of end time events is gathering on the horizon, and it is the plan of God to remove us from the danger that is to come. As we Believers can know with certainty that Jesus Christ will rescue us before the Tribulation.

We are, “to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come” 1 Thess. 1:10

This is the teaching known as the Rapture of the Church. It will be a time when Church Age believers are caught up to meet the Lord in the air
1 Thess. 4:17

We will be lifted up from the earth to escape the wrath of the Lamb Rev. 6:15–17

We will be rescued from the peril that will befall the unredeemed men and women of the world during the tribulation.

Seems like there's a lot of rather ambiguous ideas on the final 7 year period of history.
A period known in Bible parlance as
The Tribulation Period.

So..
I'd like to know what people think the Tribulation period is.

Is it merely a rough spot in human history or is it the wrath of God poured out on a Christ rejecting world?

And what part... If any....
Does Israel play in this phase of history?

Thank you.
Which version would you like - there are many, all equally authoritative, and meaningless.

Which version would you like - there are many, all equally authoritative, and meaningless.
I was asking

So..
I'd like to know what people think the Tribulation period is.

Is it merely a rough spot in human history or is it the wrath of God poured out on a Christ rejecting world?

And what part... If any....
Does Israel play in this phase of history?

We've had wars and rumors of wars since forever. None of that has anything to do with a tribulation period. Jesus is simply telling us not to fret about wars and nation rising against nation as if those are signs of His coming.
You will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. . . . For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.” (Matthew 24:6–8, 21–22)

That's the one I'm talking about.
My personal knee-jerk assumption would be what the Assemblies of God teach (which is as good as any. Born again Christians are "caught away" at the beginning of the 7-year "tribulation" which seems to be positive in effect for 3.5 years, and then gets UGLY for the last 3.5 years. WHether or not anybody gets born again during the tribulation is controversial, could be it's the Jews time to be dealt with, since they'll accept Antichrist as their Messiah to begin with. at the termination of the tribulation, the end of the age with its associated judgements will happen, and the creation will be destroyed with "fervent Heat".

DO I really believe that?? Nah - but it's as good a story as any, and I'll probably be physically DEAD when it happens anyway, so I'll get to watch what really happens.

My personal knee-jerk assumption would be what the Assemblies of God teach (which is as good as any. Born again Christians are "caught away" at the beginning of the 7-year "tribulation" which seems to be positive in effect for 3.5 years, and then gets UGLY for the last 3.5 years. WHether or not anybody gets born again during the tribulation is controversial, could be it's the Jews time to be dealt with, since they'll accept Antichrist as their Messiah to begin with. at the termination of the tribulation, the end of the age with its associated judgements will happen, and the creation will be destroyed with "fervent Heat".

DO I really believe that?? Nah - but it's as good a story as any, and I'll probably be physically DEAD when it happens anyway, so I'll get to watch what really happens.
According to bible prophecy you just might be raptured.

My personal knee-jerk assumption would be what the Assemblies of God teach (which is as good as any. Born again Christians are "caught away" at the beginning of the 7-year "tribulation" which seems to be positive in effect for 3.5 years,
Daniel describes the first 3.5 years as a practice in the craft of deception.
Dan 8:25 WEB Through his policy he will cause deceit to prosper in his hand. He will magnify himself in his heart, and he will destroy many in their security. He will also stand up against the prince of princes, but he will be broken without human hands.

Dan 11:23 WEB After the treaty made with him he will work deceitfully; for he will come up and will become strong with few people.

and then gets UGLY for the last 3.5 years.
all that gruesome stuff described in Revelation with the seal, trumpet, and bowl judgments.
WHether or not anybody gets born again during the tribulation is controversial, could be it's the Jews time to be dealt with, since they'll accept Antichrist as their Messiah to begin with.
I'm not sure i agree that nobody is born again during the tribulation. As Jesus said nobody can enter or see God's Kingdom with it (John 3:3-5), and there are untold numbers who are in the Kingdom as a result of their being murdered by the powers of darkness (Revelation 6:9-11)
at the termination of the tribulation, the end of the age with its associated judgements will happen, and the creation will be destroyed with "fervent Heat".
Revelation 20 described a 1000-year period when satan is bound in chains, and a reign with Jesus as King, after which, is a brief, undefined period of time when Satan shall be released, and deceiving the nations.
God finally does what we wish he'd do now, and wipes out the invasion and sets up the final judgment. Afterwards, eternity in an absolutely undefiled paradise begins.
DO I really believe that??
i do.
Nah - but it's as good a story as any, and I'll probably be physically DEAD when it happens anyway, so I'll get to watch what really happens.
True, but if all it is is a story, and not the actual truth, why would YHVH give it to us in scripture?

True, but if all it is is a story, and not the actual truth, why would YHVH give it to us in scripture?
The ONLY case where a prophesy in the bible was properly understood BEFORE the fact, is the return of israel from captivity as in ezra? Nehimiah. Jesus is clearly prophesied, but the Jewish theology was so corrupt that they didn't recognize Him when He came, and murdered Him as a blasphemer.

While the Biblical record is true, that DOESN'T MEAN that man's interpretation of any of it is meaningful.

Back
Top Bottom