The Doctrine of Free Will

Please allow me... here's the rebuttal for any question that a calvinist is unable to answer "You just don't understand Calvinism"
I heard many times several variations of that sentence at CARM. "You do not understand" was the most common version I would hear.

We have free will. It's just bound as a slave to sin unless we are reborn. And you can't rebirth yourself.
It's not the rebirth that enables us to believe in Christ for there is much to believe before we even get to Christ. The Father draws us to Christ and it His grace that frees the will along the way so that we might believe of our own choosing. Grace is Gods power, freely given, to see His will done, especially in the believer.

2 Corinthians 12:9
but he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” I will all the more gladly boast of my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Im not taking nothing back, until you take back your false witness.
I already justified how your statement and 2 Peter 3:9 can lead people to believe that you're a Universalist. In what way am I bearing false witness in saying that? Again, the floor is yours to prove your point. You are not Royalty where you are exempt from having to justify what you claim.

I heard many times several variations of that sentence at CARM. "You do not understand" was the most common version I would hear.
I've only heard the one version but I've seen it all over the place. Just kidding nothing personal. I don't have a problem with anyone being a calvinist. I'm non denominational myself.

I've only heard the one version but I've seen it all over the place. Just kidding nothing personal. I don't have a problem with anyone being a calvinist. I'm non denominational myself.
I believe in Free Will/Choice so I don't have a problem either with whatever people wish to believe or whichever Church they want to attend. It's just that I can't sit back and say nothing when aggressive people promote Biblical error.

I believe in Free Will/Choice so I don't have a problem either with whatever people wish to believe or whichever Church they want to attend. It's just that I can't sit back and say nothing when aggressive people promote Biblical error.
The problem is when people fall for the lie and have it stuck in their minds they give tunnel vision and that's all they see. No matter what you say, what scripture you post, how good of a theologian you are, what logic you use, they're not going to consider any of it.

I find it amazing the Civic was able to leave Calvinism behind especially after all the years he was a Calvinist. I've only met a few people that have been fortunate enough to do that.

One thing I've learned is that if you have a good understanding of Calvinism and try to explain it to your everyday run of the mill Christian they have a hard time understanding how anybody could fall for that.

I have a hard time understanding how anyone as sharp as RC Sproul or John MacArthur, John Piper could fall for Calvinism.

There is only one condition for salvation and that is God has determined to save whoever believes.
False, thats works, salvation based on what a man does. For believing is an act, a action. Here is the definition of a work. ergon:

1. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

2. an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

Back
Top Bottom