The Acts 2 church

No.

Tell me any Gentile that was told to be water baptized for the forgiveness of sins in order to receive the Holy Spirit.
Try the 3000 at Pentecost.

Then Peters said, repent, and be baptized everyone of you, in the name of Jesus Christ, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Fred, are you proposing that only the Jews had to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins and not the Gentiles? Have you read acts chapter 10?

Also since Peter was a Jew and he was preaching to the Jews who rejected Jesus as their Messiah he was emphasizing the importance of Jesus as Lord, as God. They knew the Father was God so to baptize in Jesus name was a confession of their believing He was both their Lord and their God.

What did Jesus say in Matthew 28:18-19 ?
To be baptized in a specific, singular name of the titles, father, son, and Holy Ghost. I am a father, and I am a son. That is my title. Please don’t get baptized in my name if that is a name.

To be baptized in a specific, singular name of the titles, father, son, and Holy Ghost. I am a father, and I am a son. That is my title. Please don’t get baptized in my name if that is a name.
Except Jesus and the Aposltes were not oneness as in modalism. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are not each other but distinct in Persons.

Except Jesus and the Aposltes were not oneness as in modalism. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are not each other but distinct in Persons.
Jesus was not oneness nor the apostles. Oneness is wrong and trinity is wrong. The real oneness nobody teaches anymore. It is God inside Jesus unifying God and man. Never heard of that?

Also since Peter was a Jew and he was preaching to the Jews who rejected Jesus as their Messiah he was emphasizing the importance of Jesus as Lord, as God. They knew the Father was God so to baptize in Jesus name was a confession of their believing He was both their Lord and their God.

The greater sin that Jesus spoke on in John 19:11 in that He was delivered up to Pilate is made mention again by Peter in his proclamation in Acts 3:13 - to "the men of Israel" (Acts 3:12).

Back
Top Bottom