The Acts 2 church

Yes, this caused them to seek remission of sins via being baptized in the name of Jesus(immediately).

The Holy Ghost is not given for the remittion of sins, but the name of Jesus being verbalized during immersion in water is.

By receiving the Holy Spirit they already had the remission of sins.

If one has been "given" the Holy Spirit they are a Christian (1 John 4:13).

By receiving the Holy Spirit they already had the remission of sins.

If one has been "given" the Holy Spirit they are a Christian (1 John 4:13).
No, this....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Never changed here...

44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord.

God demands some first get baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins.

Others get the Holy Ghost to be coaxed to be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins.

No, this....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Water baptism first then the reception of the Holy Spirit.

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord.

Reception of the Holy Spirit first then water baptism.

God demands some first get baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins.

Others get the Holy Ghost to be coaxed to be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins.

In the New Covenant one cannot possess the Holy Spirit and not be a Christian (Romans 8:9; 1 John 4:13).

In the New Covenant one cannot possess the Holy Spirit and not be a Christian (Romans 8:9; 1 John 4:13).
Many can get the Holy Ghost and have no remission of sins by refusing Jesus name baptism.

I did precisely that in 1978 for almost a year.

Yes, why did Peter COMMAND them if it was not essential per Acts 10?

Essential for a Christian, yes.
Essential for them to become saved, no.

Christians are commanded to partake of the Lord's Supper.
Does that make them saved or are they already saved?

You see, the Holy Ghost infilling compells us to be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins.

it is not given to vindicate our beliefs.

So, if a Catholic gets the Holy Ghost and remains RCC, they are saved without Jesus name baptism as per Acts 2:38?

No one is saved today by what was done in Acts 2:38.
Repentance part, yes.
Water baptism in order to receive the Holy Spirit, no.

You see, in 1978, as a hippie, God gave me the Holy Ghost at a GF's house.

If I stayed a hippie and never repented or was baptized per Acts 2:38, was I saved as a hippie for that remaining year?

A saved hippie?

Obedience.

God invalidated it.
Not once do we see any clear-cut case of any Gentile receiving the Holy Spirit after water baptism.
Where in the Bible did God invalidate This?...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,

You see, in 1978, as a hippie, God gave me the Holy Ghost at a GF's house.

If I stayed a hippie and never repented or was baptized per Acts 2:38, was I saved as a hippie for that remaining year?

A saved hippie?

Is a carnal Christian a Christian (1 Corinthians 3:1)?

Back
Top Bottom