The Acts 2 church

op: Acts 2 [ prophecy / Covenants / law ] church model?

Or: Acts 9 - Today [ Mystery / Grace ] model?:

I have decided to Follow Jesus?

A) Do I follow Him, and the doctrine He Spoke as The:

Humble Christ, on the earth, To Israel, 12 apostles, Under The Law/covenants
/Prophecy:

1) Repent (change mind about sin/agree With God "it is Wrong!") or perish
(Luk 13:3,5, 24:47; Mar 1:4)
+
2) believe the gospel of the kingdom (Mat 4:23, 9:35, 24:14; Mar 1:14,15)
+
3) be baptized "For the remission of sin" (Mar 1:4 Luk 3:3, 7:29:30, 24:47;

Act 2:38 "church model"? )​
+
4) "show works meet for repentance" (Mat 3:8), because,
+
5) "to the twelve tribes of Israel," "faith Without works is dead"
(Jam 1:1, 2:17,26)
+
6) "keep the commandments" to "enter life" (Mat 19:17)
+
7) "one thing thou lackest...sell All / take up cross / follow Jesus"
(Mar 10:17-23)
+
8) pray as a watchman, for Great Tribulation, [ The Wicked one ] man of sin,
son of perdition, and the signs of the end times, and Second Coming?

Do I follow His earthly prophecy program of covenants and law?
( OT, Mat - John, Heb - Rev ) or:

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)

B) Do I follow The LORD Jesus Christ As The Risen And Glorified "Head Of His Church" and:

His Heavenly Grace Program, According To The Revelation Of The Mystery?
(His Doctrine in Romans - Philemon)!:

1) Have repentance toward God (change mind about sin/agree With God "it is Wrong!")
(Acts 20:21)
+
2) Have ► faith ◄ toward The LORD Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21), and trust/believe The Gospel
Of The Grace Of God: His Death, Burial, And Resurrection, According To The Scripture
(Ephesians 2:5-9; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
+

3) Acknowledge I am Spiritually Baptized By The ONE Baptism Of The Holy Spirit
Into The ONE (Spiritual Organism) Body Of Christ, Seated In the Heavenlies
(Ephesians 4:5; Colossians 2:12; Galatians 3:27; Romans 6:3-4; 1 Corinthians 12:13)
+

4) Acknowledge Christ Is Living in me, so I allow Him to, through me:
+
5) To Fulfil:
All Of His Law, In One Word: ►► love ◄◄ thy neighbor​
as thyself!" (Galatians 5:14; Romans 13:8-10)​
+
6) Study God's Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided to show myself "Approved Unto God"
(2 Timothy 2:15), and all the rest of these Bible study Rules [posted elsewhere...]
+

7) Work with my hands to "give to them in need," and the LORD "shall supply All my need"
(Ephesians 4:28; 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12; 2 Thessalonians 3:10-12; 1 Timothy 5:8)
+
8) Be a humble prayer warrior and ►► hope ◄◄ as an ambassador, while:

"...looking, watching, and Patiently Waiting For...": The [ Holy One ] LORD Jesus Christ!
(2 Thessalonians 2:1; Romans 8:18-19; Romans 8:23; Romans 8:25; 1 Corinthians 1:7;
Ephesians 6:12-18; Philippians 3:20; Colossians 4:1-3; 1 Thessalonians 1:10;
1 Thessalonians 5:5-11; Titus 2:13)
+
9) Put on the Full armour of God and stand, in the spiritual warfare I wrestle with
(Ephesians 6:10-18)
+
10)
Eph 6:19 "And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I
may open my mouth boldly, to make known the Mystery Of The Gospel,"
+
11)
Eph 3:9 "And to make all men see what is the fellowship of The Mystery, which from the
beginning of the world hath been hid in God, Who created all things by Jesus Christ"
+
12) Acknowledge that I am going to give an account at Judgment (1 Corinthians 3:8-15;
Romans 14:12), at my ►►► Blessed Hope ◄◄◄

Heavenly Home-Going (Great Grace Departure [ aka rapture ])!

According to these and all the details of God's Sound Doctrinal Blueprint In
Romans Through Philemon?
(1 Timothy 1:10; 2 Timothy 4:3; Titus 1:9) to Paul:

Col_1:25 "Whereof I am made a minister, According to The [ Grace ] Dispensation
of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil [ Complete ] The Word of God."​
+​
Titus 2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:​

Mystery / Grace model?
Or:

C) Do I speak after following the Many, who homogenize A) + B) into
Massive Confusion?

"For God is not the author of confusion, but of Peace,​
as in all churches of the saints." (1 Corinthians 14:33)​

Amen.

Is a carnal Christian a Christian (1 Corinthians 3:1)?
The separation from the old life comes via baptism per Acts 2:38 for the remission of sins. This is what makes a Christian, a Christian. I was not ready to make such a commitment when I got the Holy Ghost. It took a while after that.

Quote the verse or verses that has God debunking Acts 2:38.

Here's the deal...folks are so stubborn that they think "be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins" has to be mentioned as per here...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,

16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) WHICH STUBBORN FOLKS EXPECT IT TO INCLUDE REMISSION OF SINS AS PER ACTS 2:38

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. WHICH STUBBORN FOLKS EXPECT IT TO INCLUDE REMISSION OF SINS AS PER ACTS 2:38

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. WHICH STUBBORN FOLKS EXPECT IT TO INCLUDE REMISSION OF SINS AS PER ACTS 2:38

You see, you think God debunks baptism in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins by not repeating Acts 2:38 over and over, verbatim.

That's stiffnecked for sure.

Quote the verse or verses that has God debunking Acts 2:38.

Here's the deal...folks are so stubborn that they think "be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins" has to be mentioned as per here...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,

Quote the entire verse.

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Did they receive the Holy Spirit before or after water baptism?

Acts 2
They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
It does seem like a template for the church to use throughout time where God gives ingredients that can enhance to potential to having the body of Christ to grow or to advance the Kingdom of God. I tend not to think this is just a history lesson report...it has to be a basic template I'd say.
1- devoted to teaching of the apostles
That takes a quality decision to do so. It meant embracing with all tenacity the teachings of Christ regardless of oppositional religious forces seeking to minimize what the Lord had said. It's like they were saying this our new life and we don't care what anyone says....we're not backing away from it.
2- fellowship
So they devoted themselves to fellowship. It seems they embraced that fact and need to consider that they were one body, members of the Kingdom of Light and they had to be there for each other.
3- breaking bread
4-prayer
Not sure if breaking bread means communion or sharing meals....could even mean both. There's just something about sharing meals with believers though that is precious. I think pot luck dinners everyone bringing something....there' just something precious about that. It gives the sense of each one bringing something and it becomes a part of ONENESS. Each one contributing to the other. And to be devoted to prayer.....they embraced the fact that cooperative prayer is a beautiful thing where they are blending their faith together similar to a oneness family.....your burdens are my burdens and mine are yours. We are our brothers keeper.
5- everything in common
6-gave to those in need
Everything in common. So they weren't caught up in building their own independent financial kingdoms for themselves. The family that is the family of God and it's well being was paramount.
7-meeting together daily, not once a week
I don't think this means as some might take it that they had what we call chruch services..2 or 3 hours a day. I think it's saying we are one body....we need each other and we need to encourage each other all the time. In our current day I think some believers are missing it by thinking OK I'll check off in the box my church going...There! Done for the week. And even at church when you hear the songs....announcements and they say OK go around for 5 minutes and shake a few hands saying hello.

Is that real fellowship? I think not. . And yet some will boldly assert they have not forsaken the fellowship of believers for they shook a few hands . I get it some might like to live like a spiritual recluse but God has not called us to that.
8-met in their homes, not a church building
Unbelievable amount of resources could be used to bless members of the body of Christ directly if we did function in this way and manner. Won't say the other way is wrong but meeting in homes to me seems a more wise approach.

It does seem like a template for the church to use throughout time where God gives ingredients that can enhance to potential to having the body of Christ to grow or to advance the Kingdom of God. I tend not to think this is just a history lesson report...it has to be a basic template I'd say.

That takes a quality decision to do so. It meant embracing with all tenacity the teachings of Christ regardless of oppositional religious forces seeking to minimize what the Lord had said. It's like they were saying this our new life and we don't care what anyone says....we're not backing away from it.

So they devoted themselves to fellowship. It seems they embraced that fact and need to consider that they were one body, members of the Kingdom of Light and they had to be there for each other.

Not sure if breaking bread means communion or sharing meals....could even mean both. There's just something about sharing meals with believers though that is precious. I think pot luck dinners everyone bringing something....there' just something precious about that. It gives the sense of each one bringing something and it becomes a part of ONENESS. Each one contributing to the other. And to be devoted to prayer.....they embraced the fact that cooperative prayer is a beautiful thing where they are blending their faith together similar to a oneness family.....your burdens are my burdens and mine are yours. We are our brothers keeper.

Everything in common. So they weren't caught up in building their own independent financial kingdoms for themselves. The family that is the family of God and it's well being was paramount.

I don't think this means as some might take it that they had what we call chruch services..2 or 3 hours a day. I think it's saying we are one body....we need each other and we need to encourage each other all the time. In our current day I think some believers are missing it by thinking OK I'll check off in the box my church going...There! Done for the week. And even at church when you hear the songs....announcements and they say OK go around for 5 minutes and shake a few hands saying hello.

Is that real fellowship? I think not. . And yet some will boldly assert they have not forsaken the fellowship of believers for they shook a few hands . I get it some might like to live like a spiritual recluse but God has not called us to that.

Unbelievable amount of resources could be used to bless members of the body of Christ directly if we did function in this way and manner. Won't say the other way is wrong but meeting in homes to me seems a more wise approach.
Amen thanks for your comments and insight

And the Gentiles received the Holy Spirit before their water baptism.
Yes baptism saved us a two edged sword because we have the holy spirit come before and after baptism. No Holy Spirit, no salvation. Yet we know one is saved prior to baptism in water via regeneration, the new birth, born again of the spirit.

And the Gentiles received the Holy Spirit before their water baptism.
At Pentecost, the 3000 did not get the Holy Ghost first....

You see, originally, before it evolved into anti-baptismal doctrines centuries later, They were to be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins ASIDE from receiving the Holy Ghost.

At Pentecost, the 3000 did not get the Holy Ghost first....

I never claimed otherwise.

You see, originally, before it evolved into anti-baptismal doctrines centuries later, They were to be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins ASIDE from receiving the Holy Ghost.

Cornelius and the Gentiles with him experienced the remission of sins before their water baptism in that they already had the Holy Spirit.

Back
Top Bottom