The Acts 2 church

The gentiles in Acts 10 were buried alive per what you just said.

Scary stuff.

You couldn't refute that when they were baptized with the Holy Spirit demonstrates they are in the body of Christ.

Your heresy is scary to believe but easy to refute.

You couldn't refute that when they were baptized with the Holy Spirit demonstrates they are in the body of Christ.

So, you would not be baptized via Peter's command after recieving the Holy Ghost if you were with Cornelius?

Modernists don't.

So, you would not be baptized via Peter's command after recieving the Holy Ghost if you were with Cornelius?

Modernists don't.

Your heresy has been refuted over and over.
I got water baptized after I received the Holy Spirit.
Here's a clue:
See Acts 10.

I don't mind calling someone confused, but not heretic.

We are all "heretics" one way or another.

I honor all arguments as a learning experience tool.

Confusion ran out of excuses when the same question or assertion is constantly being asked.

But, were you baptized specifically in the name of Jesus or the titles of Jesus?

Matthew 28:19
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

Zechariah 14:9
And the Lord will be king over all the earth.
On that day the Lord will be one and his name one.

The one name of YHWH (Zechariah 14:9) consists of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).

Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (TDNT): Mt. 28:19 combines the name of the Father and Son and Holy Ghost. Only through this link with the name of Son and Holy Ghost does the name of the Father acquire its fulness. The common name also expresses the unity of being (5:274, onoma, H. Bietenhard).

Does the idea of obeying this....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

..actually scare you?

Does the idea of obeying this....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

..actually scare you?

Not afraid because water baptism for the remission of sins and to receive the Holy Spirit doesn't apply to me.
See the last sentence of mine in post 125.

I agree let’s not call each other heretics . Let’s just challenge the beliefs of those we disagree and not make it personal . There is nothing wrong about pointing out where another person’s argument or belief is wrong and contradicts scripture.

All I want to know is what the name of the son per Matt 28:19 is and Christendom draws a blank.

Kinda bizarre.

Already answered...more than once - so you don't just want to know.
So your pitiful and cowardly resort to confusion is a sham.

Already answered...more than once.
So your pitiful and cowardly resort to confusion is a sham.
What is the name of the son per Matt 28:19?

Pick one....

A: 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of YHWH, and of the Holy Ghost:

B: 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of GEORGE, and of the Holy Ghost:

C: 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of SON, and of the Holy Ghost:

D: 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of JESUS, and of the Holy Ghost:

As per....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,...

16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)...

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord.

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Go ahead and tell of anyone else that was told to be water baptized for the forgiveness of sins and/or to receive the Holy Spirit besides the Jews of tha time period.

Waiting....
47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord....

Back
Top Bottom