The Acts 2 church

I reject your twisting of the Scripture.
The Scripture is fine.

Don't equate the Scripture with your ability to twist it.

What do you do with this?

If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you;
for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish,
than for your whole body to be cast into hell. And if your right
hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is
more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than
for your whole body to be cast into hell." Mat 5:29-30​

Do what it says? Don't analyze it?

Last edited:
See posts 299, 309, 324, and 335.

Matthias remained alive in the Church age... That's all.

Paul was a true Church age apostle because the Lord chose him after the church began at Pentecost, not chosen by men who did not know any better. Peter got ahead of the Lord's plan .

All the other eleven were chosen by the Lord (not by men) so God simply transitioned them into the Church age as apostles.

Now do you understand this post?

I'll give you the post number later if you are a little slow.

Matthias remained alive in the Church age... That's all.

It is all according to you, but not what the rest of the Bible teaches.
That is why I gave the post numbers, but you might be a little slow so just take them one at a time.

I reject your twisting of the Scripture.
The Scripture is fine.

Don't equate the Scripture with your ability to twist it.

Mattathias was not a church age apostle.

Matthias was not chosen by God like Paul was, but chosen by men who were determined to fill in an empty space.
Empty, and were not willing to wait for God's answer.

Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ
and God the Father who raised Him from the dead)." Galatians 1:1​

Why did Paul need to emphasize that he was not and apostle through man?

Maybe, Paul needed to say that because some were saying Mattathias was the twelfth apostle.

There is a lesson to be learned from that....

"Let another man take his office" (Acts 1:20; cf. Psalm 109:8).

An assertion without proof.

None of the evidence I supplied that Matthias was the correct choice has been refuted by anyone.

I'll repost what I wrote since no one has addressed the points I made:
Matthias is the correct choice.
1. God never condemned his apostleship.
2. Peter took his stand with him and the other apostles in the proclamation of the gospel (Acts 2:14).
3. He, and the other apostles, were addressed by the Jews after Peter's proclamation of the gospel (Acts 2:37).
4. Those who became believers "continued steadfastly" to his, and the other apostles, doctrine and fellowship (Acts 2:42).
5. He, and the other apostles, were able to perform wonders and signs (Acts 2:43).
6. He, and the other apostles, were put in prison by the high priest and Sadducees (Acts 5:18).
7. He, and the other apostles, were beaten for their faith by these officials (Acts 5:40).
8. He, and the other apostles, summoned the disciples to resolve the complaint by the Hellenistic believers (Acts 6:2).
9. He, and the other apostles, laid hands on the men that were put in charge of this task (Acts 6:6).
10. He, and the other apostles, sent Peter and John to Samaria (Acts 8:14).
11. He, and the other apostles, were there when Barnabas introduced Paul to them (Acts 9:27).
12. He, and the other apostles, made the authoritative decision at the Jerusalem Council (Acts 15:6, 22, 23; 16:4).

Still waiting...
That was post # 299.

No one at that time was qualified to even know how an apostle was to be chosen by God.
Obviously not, according how they got ahead of God and "threw dice" to pick Matthias.

They were baby Christians and lacked wisdom about the ins and outs of the new way for the Church age.
God left them be. For God knew he soon had a genius in store for them at the right time by his new name of "Paul."

The 120 did in Acts 1.

They did not have that qualification.
They still functioned as regenerate Jews, not as New Creation Christians which would happen at Pentecost.

You have the problem, sir. You lack knowledge and understanding.

One thing you do not lack. That is stubbornness and an unwillingness to learn something you do not yet know.

Proverbs 12:1 nails your way of thinking.

I did not run away from anything, Mr. Self Flatterer.

Here's more proof for you to dodge:

In the beginning of the Gospel of Luke we see that Zacharias was approvingly chosen by lot to enter the Temple (Luke 1:5-9). So too, in the beginning of Luke's second book, the Book of Acts, we see that Matthias was approvingly chosen by lot to be the 12th apostle (Acts 1:15-26).
Furthermore, what Zacharias spoke about in which John would proclaim in reference to Jesus would be fully realized in what Peter proclaimed with Matthias standing with him (Acts 2:14).

Luke 1:77
To give to His people the knowledge of salvation
By the forgiveness of their sins.

Acts 2:21
And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Acts 2:38
Peter said to them, Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Here's more proof for you to dodge:

In the beginning of the Gospel of Luke we see that Zacharias was approvingly chosen by lot to enter the Temple (Luke 1:5-9). So too, in the beginning of Luke's second book, the Book of Acts, we see that Matthias was approvingly chosen by lot to be the 12th apostle (Acts 1:15-26).
Furthermore, what Zacharias spoke about in which John would proclaim in reference to Jesus would be fully realized in what Peter proclaimed with Matthias standing with him (Acts 2:14).

Luke 1:77
To give to His people the knowledge of salvation
By the forgiveness of their sins.

Acts 2:21
And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Acts 2:38
Peter said to them, Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

1 Peter 1:17-19

New King James Version

17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your [a]stay here in fear; 18 knowing that you were not redeemed with [b]corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. --no water baptism

1 Peter 1:17-19​

New King James Version​

17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your [a]stay here in fear; 18 knowing that you were not redeemed with [b]corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. --no water baptism

Back
Top Bottom