The Acts 2 church

Peter in the very beginning of the church age was stuck having one foot still in the past, and one foot getting wet in the entirely new life in Christ.

The reason Peter continued to water baptize?

He did not know any better.

He was still thinking the old way...

And, with good reason! For Peter and the disciples surpassed the number of water baptisms of even John the Baptist!

Now Jesus learned that the Pharisees had heard that he was gaining and baptizing more disciples than Johnalthough in fact it was not Jesus who baptized, but his disciples."
John 4:1-2

Water baptizing as a disciple of Jesus had become second nature to Peter.

Then! Just before Pentecost, Jesus told Peter that water baptism was to stop.
Acts 1:4-5 makes that clear.

On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait
for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. For John baptized with water, but in a
few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”
Acts 1:4-5

In all the excitement and emotions running high, Peter forgot what he was previously told by the Lord concerning water baptism.
It took till chapter 11 when Peter finally remembered what Jesus had told him about the new baptism to replace the old baptism.

“As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them as he had come on us at the beginning. Then I remembered
what the Lord had said
: ‘John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’
Acts 11:15-16

Peter finally had Jesus' words sink in.
And, from then on, we no longer see Peter commanding water baptism.

A similar problem happens today with believers who are being run by their non-thinking emotions. You can show them the unfolding of Peter's
experience and thought... and Peter finally catching on that water baptism was obsolete.. And? They will keep on as if nothing was said...

Being ruled by their emotions and not ruled by the Spirit in Truth is the problem many face today. Its why Christianity has become so distorted and confusing for those genuinely seeking for truth.

Its crazy to realize how so many are outside of the control of the Holy Spirit.

grace and peace .........

Wrong.

Then Peter said, repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins…

No plan B
with out the shedding of Blood--------->
22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Hebrews 9:22

keep playing with strange fire your going to get burnt.

i have no more time for foolishness the Blood is what cleans us from sin.

with out the shedding of Blood--------->
22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Hebrews 9:22​

keep playing with strange fire your going to get burnt.​

i have no more time for foolishness the Blood is what cleans us from sin.​

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said, repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins

Strange fire in Acts 2?

Only strange to you.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said, repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins

Strange fire in Acts 2?

Only strange to you.
lol strange fire =====strange false doctrine// when you replace the blood attornment for water baptism. that makes it a false doctrine

Why are you not baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of your sins?
Because now we have 1 John 1:9.

If we acknowledge and admit our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive
us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9​
What Peter offered at that time was only temporary. It was due to the ignorance of not yet having the NT known.
Otherwise? We all would need to get water baptized every time we sin! And, it could only be symbolic at best.

Its the ever present Blood of Christ, not water, that purifies us from sin, so we can stop walking stupid in our flesh
and progress forward into spiritual growth.

Can you imagine every time you sinned you would have to jump into a lake?

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one
another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." 1 John 1:7​

Some Christians need to stop being ignorant about the Word of God and stop grabbing things out of context to make it into dogma.

Trouble happens when they become proud about being wrong...

We all need to face it. Proverbs 12:1 is written as it is in the Word of God for a reason.
Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge,
But he who hates correction is stupid.

God's Word says that.

Is God's Word now ad hominem?
Not when it can apply to all of us at times.

grace and peace ..................

Because now we have 1 John 1:9.

If we acknowledge and admit our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive
us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9​
What Peter offered at that time was only temporary. It was due to the ignorance of not yet having the NT known.
Otherwise? We all would need to get water baptized every time we sin! And, it could only be symbolic at best.

Its the ever present Blood of Christ, not water, that purifies us from sin, so we can stop walking stupid in our flesh
and progress forward into spiritual growth.

Can you imagine every time you sinned you would have to jump into a lake?

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one
another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." 1 John 1:7​

Some Christians need to stop being ignorant about the Word of God and stop grabbing things out of context to make it into dogma.

Trouble happens when they become proud about being wrong...

We all need to face it. Proverbs 12:1 is written as it is in the Word of God for a reason.
Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge,
But he who hates correction is stupid.

God's Word says that.

Is God's Word now ad hominem?
Not when it can apply to all of us at times.

grace and peace ..................
Gene, you completely skipped the book of Acts(2:38) and went to the Epistles here. The Epistles as per 1 John are letters written to those that obeyed Acts 2:38 previously. Don’t be an Acts skipper.

This act you just committed is spiritual mail theft. You are reading somebody else’s mail.

Gene, you completely skipped the book of Acts(2:38) and went to the Epistles here. The Epistles as per 1 John are letters written to those that obeyed Acts 2:38 previously. Don’t be an Acts skipper.

This act you just committed is spiritual mail theft. You are reading somebody else’s mail.
You completely skipped that no NT doctrines concerning sin was known by Peter at that time. Ziltch!

your theology is very strange very false btw there is more to the Bible than acts 2:38

Acts 2 was the Church just coming out of the womb.

And just like an infant it could not think nor speak Church age doctrines yet.

Not to mention.. Peter totally forgot what the Lord had told him in Acts 1:4-5...

On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command:
“Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you
have heard me speak about.
For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with
the Holy Spirit.” Acts 1:4-5​

Even John the Baptist knew what change was coming for the Church age!

And he preached, saying, “There comes One after me who is mightier than I,
whose sandal strap I am not worthy to stoop down and loose. I indeed baptized
you with water, but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.” Mark 1:7-8​

Sorry.. there is no excuse for any believer after being shown those passages several times to keep repeating the same error.

It becomes frustratingly like reasoning with a edited

grace and peace .................

there is no excuse for any believer after being shown those passages several times to keep repeating the same error.
i agree but some are so programmed to church doctrine .its all they know is acts 2:28 .they are trained just like the j.w sad to say but its the truth. we have the apostolic around here. Holy Ghost speaking in tongues proves you have the holyghost and are saved . they are a growing Church .but very programmed to the point only the the Holy Spirit can break through.... good people but very endoctrinated

i agree but some are so programmed to church doctrine .its all they know is acts 2:28 .they are trained just like the j.w sad to say but its the truth. we have the apostolic around here. Holy Ghost speaking in tongues proves you have the holyghost and are saved . they are a growing Church .but very programmed to the point only the the Holy Spirit can break through.... good people but very endoctrinated
My pastor who was a lifelong dedicated Greek scholar showed us something that English translations almost always fail to convey the correct intent.

For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping,
that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: whose end is destruction,
whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their
mind on earthly things." Philippians 3:18-19​

The sad part is that many translators botch up translating the words .... "whose god is their belly."

Back then the Greek speaking world did not have a unique word for saying "emotions."
Body parts were often used for such communications in both Hebrew and Greek.

In essence?

Paul was saying that those who are enemies of the cross are those who have made their emotions their god.
For they will not think straight with the Word of God.

They are chronically carnal and emotionally driven...
And, calling it "conviction" when they do.

That is why God made sure to include Proverbs 12:1, to show us what we are up against
so we do not end up wearing ourselves out with good intentions of hoping to see the
corrections accepted.

It makes our life simpler when Proverbs 12:1 is set firmly in our understanding to know
what we are dealing with.

The blind leading the blind.

grace and peace ..............

I think you meant Acts 2:38, but I know what you mean and fully agree.

your theology is very strange very false btw there is more to the Bible than acts 2:38
If a person does not obey Acts 2:38 he or she is forbidden to read and apply a single verse in Romans through Rev.

Those books are specifically written to adherents to Acts 2:38.

You completely skipped that no NT doctrines concerning sin was known by Peter at that time. Ziltch!
All sins are remitted only this way...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,...

Back
Top Bottom