Romans 10:11 - Does 'him' refer to the Father or to the Lord Jesus?

They will see God, Jesus and all the angels. Thats obvious. So exactly what kind of meaningless point do you get from your false reasonings in light of my first sentence?

See post 40.
Nice to see the singular pronouns refers to Jesus (= God) in 1 John 3:2.

Thanks for directing me to jw.org.

jw.org will answer you

Yes, they continue to answer me. Thanks.

Let's stick with 1 John.

1 John 2:3
And by this we realize that we have come to know him, namely, if we continue observing his commandments. (New World Translation)

The singular "him" refers to God
The Watchtower: We "know God" when we know his likes, dislikes, and standards. We also show that we know him when we love and obey him and give him our exclusive devotion. (1 John 2:3-5; 5:3) (Armageddon Is Good News!, Study Article 36, September 2019, page 12)

The singular "him" refers to Jesus
The Watchtower: “By this we have the knowledge that we have come to know [Jesus], namely, if we continue observing his commandments." (1 John 2:3) It is clear, then, that the key to being rescued from sin and death is that we have faith in Christ’s ransom and obey Christ's commands. (How Jesus' Death Can Save You, March 1, 2008, page 7)

1 John 3:24
Moreover, the one who observes his commandments remains in union with him, and he in union with such one. And by the spirit that he gave us, we know that he remains in union with us. (New World Translation)

God
New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (Study Edition): In this context, the Greek preposition en is used to show close association. This use of the preposition is especially noteworthy in the writings of John and Paul. (Ga 1:22; 3:28; Eph 2:13, 15; 6:1) At 1Jo 3:24 and 4:13, 15, it describes a Christian's relationship to God. (John Study Notes—Chapter 10, See John 10:38)

Jesus
The Watchtower: “If you observe my commandments, you will remain in my love.” Later, the apostle John would write similar words to fellow Christians: "He who observes [Christ's] commandments remains in union with him." (1 John 2:24; 3:24) Hence, by keeping Christ's commandments, his followers remain in union with him, and that unity, in turn, enables them to bear fruit. ("Keep Bearing Much Fruit", February 1, 2003, page 19)

The Jehovah's Witnesses got some 'splaining to do!

Last edited:
Revelation 11:15
The seventh angel blew his trumpet. And there were loud voices in heaven, saying: "The kingdom of the world has become the Kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will rule as king forever and ever." (New World Translation)

Jesus
Frequently Asked Questions About Jehovah's Witnesses: We also believe that Jesus is now ruling as King of God’s heavenly Kingdom, which will soon bring peace to the entire earth. (Revelation 11:15) (Frequently Asked Questions About Jehovah’s Witnesses: Do Jehovah's Witnesses Believe in Jesus?, c. 2021, page 6)

Jehovah God
Romans Study Notes—Chapter 5: Therefore, it may be properly rendered “to rule as king; to become king.” (Lu 19:14, 27) It is used of Jesus Christ (Lu 1:33; 1Co 15:25) and of Jehovah God (Re 11:15, 17; 19:6), who rule as kings in heaven. (See Romans 5:14)

Jesus
Matthew Study Notes—Chapter 5: The Scriptures indicate that Jesus is the foremost example of one who is mild-tempered. (Mt 11:29) Various Bible verses show that as King he would inherit authority over the entire earth, not just a portion of it (Ps 2:8; Re 11:15), and his anointed followers would share in this inheritance (Re 5:10). (See Matthew 5:5)

Revelation 22:12
Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to repay each one according to his work. (New World Translation)

Jehovah
Insight on the Scriptures (Isaiah, Book of, page 1223):

Isaiah TextRevelation
21:9Babylon has fallen!18:2
40:10Jehovah is coming with his reward22:12

Jesus
The Watchtower: In the last book of the Bible, the glorified Christ Jesus stresses the suddenness of his coming, saying: "I am coming quickly." (Revelation 3:11; 22:7, 12, 20) (Prove Yourself Ready for Jehovah's Day, December 15, 2003, page 22)

Revelation 11:15
The seventh angel blew his trumpet. And there were loud voices in heaven, saying: "The kingdom of the world has become the Kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will rule as king forever and ever." (New World Translation)

Jesus
Frequently Asked Questions About Jehovah's Witnesses: We also believe that Jesus is now ruling as King of God’s heavenly Kingdom, which will soon bring peace to the entire earth. (Revelation 11:15) (Frequently Asked Questions About Jehovah’s Witnesses, c. 2021, page 6)

Jehovah God
Romans Study Notes—Chapter 5: Therefore, it may be properly rendered “to rule as king; to become king.” (Lu 19:14, 27) It is used of Jesus Christ (Lu 1:33; 1Co 15:25) and of Jehovah God (Re 11:15, 17; 19:6), who rule as kings in heaven. (See Romans 5:14)

Jesus
Matthew Study Notes—Chapter 5: The Scriptures indicate that Jesus is the foremost example of one who is mild-tempered. (Mt 11:29) Various Bible verses show that as King he would inherit authority over the entire earth, not just a portion of it (Ps 2:8; Re 11:15), and his anointed followers would share in this inheritance (Re 5:10). (See Matthew 5:5)

Revelation 22:12
Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to repay each one according to his work. (New World Translation)

Jehovah
Insight on the Scriptures (Isaiah, Book of, page 1223):

Isaiah TextRevelation
21:9Babylon has fallen!18:2
40:10Jehovah is coming with his reward22:12

Jesus
The Watchtower: In the last book of the Bible, the glorified Christ Jesus stresses the suddenness of his coming, saying: "I am coming quickly." (Revelation 3:11; 22:7, 12, 20) (Prove Yourself Ready for Jehovah's Day, December 15, 2003, page 22)
Good research there Fred !!!

Yes, they continue to answer me. Thanks.

Let's stick with 1 John.

1 John 2:3
And by this we realize that we have come to know him, namely, if we continue observing his commandments. (New World Translation)

The singular "him" refers to God
The Watchtower: We "know God" when we know his likes, dislikes, and standards. We also show that we know him when we love and obey him and give him our exclusive devotion. (1 John 2:3-5; 5:3) (Armageddon Is Good News!, Study Article 36, September 2019, page 12)

The singular "him" refers to Jesus
The Watchtower: “By this we have the knowledge that we have come to know [Jesus], namely, if we continue observing his commandments." (1 John 2:3) It is clear, then, that the key to being rescued from sin and death is that we have faith in Christ’s ransom and obey Christ's commands. (How Jesus' Death Can Save You, March 1, 2008, page 7)

1 John 3:24
Moreover, the one who observes his commandments remains in union with him, and he in union with such one. And by the spirit that he gave us, we know that he remains in union with us. (New World Translation)

God
New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (Study Edition): In this context, the Greek preposition en is used to show close association. This use of the preposition is especially noteworthy in the writings of John and Paul. (Ga 1:22; 3:28; Eph 2:13, 15; 6:1) At 1Jo 3:24 and 4:13, 15, it describes a Christian's relationship to God. (John Study Notes—Chapter 10, See John 10:38)

Jesus
The Watchtower: “If you observe my commandments, you will remain in my love.” Later, the apostle John would write similar words to fellow Christians: "He who observes [Christ's] commandments remains in union with him." (1 John 2:24; 3:24) Hence, by keeping Christ's commandments, his followers remain in union with him, and that unity, in turn, enables them to bear fruit. ("Keep Bearing Much Fruit", February 1, 2003, page 19)

The Jehovah's Witnesses got some 'splaining to do!
you will be explaining your false reasonings. You best pray to the Father to open your heart.

I quoted the JW material. They are terrible deceivers.

This is why you dodged post 9. You can't even keep up with their lies.
There are no lies. Its you twisting reality. The Father and the son are referred to as many of the same attributes, after all Jesus is his Fathers image, not his own Father.

A serious mistake listening to Fred who practices deception constantly. Just because the blind guides who teach him have no clue about the light getting brighter because their light is darkness and remains as so. They must have missed these bible truths= Dan 12:4-certain truths were hidden until these last days-- But all those truths were still in the bible taught on in error over the centuries. Only through these-Matt 24:45-at the proper time were those truths revealed, thus corrections had to be made by the religion that has Jesus as its head. And all of creation have seen the corrections made since the late 1800,s. I asked Fred to share the corrections his religion has made over those years. He has 0 for an answer. Why? Because they made no corrections because truths were not revealed through them. Truth is now abundant-Rejected by all living in the darkness of their errors.
The Big Problem for jw is that they refuse to accept the correction of Scripture from the Word that was God from the Beginning.

The word is not called God in the Greek Lexicons, he is called god.

The Apostle John was Jewish, personally walked with JESUS and was Baptized in the Holy Spirit with knowledge of the Holy Scriptures.

It would be BLASPHEMY to call JESUS a 'god' if HE were not truly God.

Isaiah 43:10-12
You are My witnesses,” says the Lord,
“And My servant whom I have chosen,
That you may know and believe Me,
And understand that I am He.
Before Me there was no God formed,
Nor shall there be after Me.
I, even I, am the Lord,
And besides Me there is no savior.
I have declared and saved,
I have proclaimed,
And there was no foreign god among you;
Therefore you are My witnesses,”
Says the Lord, “that I am God.

Acts ch1
And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

REJOICE in the LORD Jesus Christ - our Savior

The word is not called God in the Greek Lexicons, he is called god.

Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament: Based on Semantic Domains: the distinctive features of theos are also fully applicable to another referent, namely, the logos or Christ; that is to say, it is legitimate to interpret Jn. 1.1 as ‘the Word was God’ (12.1, theos, page 137, J. P. Louw and Eugene Nida).

The Apostle John was Jewish, personally walked with JESUS and was Baptized in the Holy Spirit with knowledge of the Holy Scriptures.

It would be BLASPHEMY to call JESUS a 'god' if HE were not truly God.

Isaiah 43:10-12
You are My witnesses,” says the Lord,
“And My servant whom I have chosen,
That you may know and believe Me,
And understand that I am He.
Before Me there was no God formed,
Nor shall there be after Me.
I, even I, am the Lord,
And besides Me there is no savior.
I have declared and saved,
I have proclaimed,
And there was no foreign god among you;
Therefore you are My witnesses,”
Says the Lord, “that I am God.

Acts ch1
And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

REJOICE in the LORD Jesus Christ - our Savior
In the Greek Lexicons-The true God called Ton Theon = God at John 1:1--the word called Theon=god--Same occurs at 2Cor 4:4-The true God called Ton Theon ,= God, satan called Theon=god. Whenever both are used in a paragraph-God and god-the true God called Ton Theon, the one with godlike qualities called plain Theon. Yes John new this fact.
There was no other savior in the OT at that point. Jesus became a savior upon his death=sinless. He could have failed. He had free will like all beings do.
At Isaiah 43-YHWH(Jehovah) belongs, not LORD. Nearly 6800 spots in OT where GOD or LORD is, wicked men by satans will removed Gods name-YHWH(Jehovah) to mislead. and its working well.

Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament: Based on Semantic Domains: the distinctive features of theos are also fully applicable to another referent, namely, the logos or Christ; that is to say, it is legitimate to interpret Jn. 1.1 as ‘the Word was God’ (12.1, theos, page 137, J. P. Louw and Eugene Nida).
Thats a lie. 2 Cor 4:4 is proof of that. They cant say any different, truth exposes all those religions as false.

In the Greek Lexicons-The true God called Ton Theon = God at John 1:1--the word called Theon=god--Same occurs at 2Cor 4:4-The true God called Ton Theon ,= God, satan called Theon=god. Whenever both are used in a paragraph-God and god-the true God called Ton Theon, the one with godlike qualities called plain Theon. Yes John new this fact.
There was no other savior in the OT at that point. Jesus became a savior upon his death=sinless. He could have failed. He had free will like all beings do.
At Isaiah 43-YHWH(Jehovah) belongs, not LORD. Nearly 6800 spots in OT where GOD or LORD is, wicked men by satans will removed Gods name-YHWH(Jehovah) to mislead. and its working well.
JESUS is YHWH

JESUS is YHWH
In the OT-YHWH said to my Lord( Jesus), proves he is not YHWH. But i understand in your altered translation to mislead, yours says-The LORD said to my Lord. But notice only YHWH got LORD all capitols, Jesus did not. Again proving he is not YHWH.

The answer to the question of which 'him' Romans 10:11 refers to; it's the one that least supports the man is God thesis. :giggle:

November 1, 2004 "him" refers to God.
The Watchtower: The apostle Paul wrote: “None that rests his faith on [God] will be disappointed.” (Romans 10:11) (Will We Ever Enjoy Real Security?, page 32)

June 15, 2011 "him" refers to Jesus.
The Watchtower: With reference to Jesus, Paul quoted Isaiah’s words: “None that rests his faith on him will be disappointed.” (Rom. 10:11; Isa. 28:16) (There Is Good News That All Need, page 11)

Back
Top Bottom