Mark 16:16~"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Do you guys pray in the name of Jesus or do you pray in the name of son?
We've already been through this one. Over and over and over. you've been refuted on it over and over and over about a thousand posts ago. TomL Mopped up the floor with you. And you're not doing any better now.

Careful brother-let's keep this strictly above board-I was taught there is no such thing as a stupid question.
Johann.
Okay I'll respect your opinion. But that really wasn't a question it was a snide remark made to look like a question. When you bring someone's parents or their children or their wife into a conversation on the internet you have to expect to get dogged in return.

But thanks for the good looking out;)

Okay I'll respect your opinion. But that really wasn't a question it was a snide remark made to look like a question. When you bring someone's parents or their children or their wife into a conversation on the internet you have to expect to get dogged in return.

But thanks for the good looking out;)
Shalom to you and family Achi-brother.
Johann.

We've already been through this one. Over and over and over. you've been refuted on it over and over and over about a thousand posts ago. TomL Mopped up the floor with you. And you're not doing any better now.
I take it you pray in the name of son. Way to go.

What? "the law is still alive and only used by God to condemn and judge sinners" What happened to John 3:16? The only way to go to hell is to reject Jesus as savior. He fulfilled the law. Dialogue with you gets worse and worse.
The law is not done away. If law is done away, then sin is done away and the description of sin is done away. Jesus only did away with the law for the Acts 2:38 obeying believers that walk in the Spirit . Everybody else is under the law.

Still waiting for you to do some cross referencing-if you can do that you will answer your own question.

iesous (G2424) is a transliteration of the Heb. "Joshua," meaning "Jehovah is salvation," i.e., "is the Savior," "a common name among the Jews, e.g., Exo_17:9; Luk_3:29 (RV); Col_4:11. It was given to the Son of God in Incarnation as His personal name, in obedience to the command of an angel to Joseph, the husband of His Mother, Mary, shortly before He was born, Mat_1:21.

By it He is spoken of throughout the Gospel narratives generally, but not without exception, as in Mar_16:19, Mar_16:20; Luk_7:13, and a dozen other places in that Gospel, and a few in John.

"'Jesus Christ' occurs only in Mat_1:1, Mat_1:18; Mat_16:21, marg.; Mar_1:1; Joh_1:17; Joh_17:3. In Acts the name 'Jesus' is found frequently. 'Lord Jesus' is the normal usage, as in Act_8:16; Act_19:5, Act_19:17; see also the reports of the words of Stephen, Act_7:59, of Ananias, Act_9:17, and of Paul, Act_16:31; though both Peter, Act_10:36, and Paul, Act_16:18, also used 'Jesus Christ.'

"In the Epistles of James, Peter, John and Jude, the personal name is not once found alone, but in Rev. eight times (RV), Rev_1:9; Rev_12:17; Rev_14:12; Rev_17:6; Rev_19:10 (twice); Rev_20:4; Rev_22:16.

"In the Epistles of Paul 'Jesus' appears alone just thirteen times, and in the Hebrews eight times; in the latter the title 'Lord' is added once only, at Heb_13:20. In the Epistles of James, Peter, John, and Jude, men who had companied with the Lord in the days of His flesh, 'Jesus Christ' is the invariable order (in the RV) of the Name and Title, for this was the order of their experience; as 'Jesus' they knew Him first, that He was Messiah they learnt finally in His resurrection.

But Paul came to know Him first in the glory of heaven, Act_9:1-6, and his experience being thus the reverse of theirs, the reverse order, 'Christ Jesus,' is of frequent occurrence in his letters, but, with the exception of Act_24:24, does not occur elsewhere in the RV.
"In Paul's letters the order is always in harmony with the context. Thus 'Christ Jesus' describes the Exalted One who emptied Himself, Php_2:5, and testifies to His pre-existence; 'Jesus Christ' describes the despised and rejected One Who was afterwards glorified, Php_2:11, and testifies to His resurrection. 'Christ Jesus' suggests His grace, 'Jesus Christ' suggests His glory."*
* From Notes on Thessalonians, by Hogg and Vine, pp. 16, 29.

Are you going to tell me I can't use Strong's or the Vine's Dictionary?!

Freely this is given me, freely I share with you!
Iesous sounds like Jesus.

Not Yeshua.

Because you seem to think son is a name per Matt 28:19.
And bringing my family into the conversation is going to change my mind somehow. Just so you know after dealing with you for a few days I've come to realize what you're into and it's definitely a different gospel. Some of the remarks that you've made concern in your beliefs are definitely not Christian. Now I see why you come against anything that is Christian. Then come up with a bunch of nonsense.

The law is not done away. If law is done away, then sin is done away and the description of sin is done away. Jesus only did away with the law for the Acts 2:38 obeying believers that walk in the Spirit . Everybody else is under the law.
Worst understanding of the Bible I've ever heard.

And bringing my family into the conversation is going to change my mind somehow. Just so you know after dealing with you for a few days I've come to realize what you're into and it's definitely a different gospel. Some of the remarks that you've made concern in your beliefs are definitely not Christian. Now I see why you come against anything that is Christian. Then come up with a bunch of nonsense.
Acts 2:38 cult perhaps?

It’s exactly right. I thought that also, but it took a long time for me to realize it. But keep thinking the way you do. Keep thinking that the law is completely done away.
Are you seeing it took you a long time before you became this deceived? It seems you have a pretty bad case of deception?

Back
Top Bottom