I am considered a Pentecostal

I am 1st century oneness....

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

God inside His human son.

Unified as one.

Yes...

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
Since in your beliefs Jesus is not God how can He exist before creation in Genesis 1 since man is a creation and you said he was a man before creation ?

You don't see that as a contradiction ?

This is how Jesus and his God are one....

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Since in your beliefs Jesus is not God how can He exist before creation in Genesis 1 since man is a creation and you said he was a man before creation ?

You don't see that as a contradiction ?
He is indeed God, via this event after his resurrection...

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Was God inside Christ or was God, Christ per this verse?...

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

You may never thought of this....

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given (PER HIS LIFE ON EARTH, PRESENT TENSE)

and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.(AFTER HIS RESURRECTION FROM THE DEAD INTO THE MILLENNIAL ETC., FUTURE TENSE)

Your "study" was very poor, there are more than one kind of tongues.

For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him;
however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries. (1 Cor. 14:2 NKJ)

For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful. (1 Cor. 14:14 NKJ)

Clearly here:

1. The tongues are addressed to God and not any human.
2. The understanding is unfruitful, therefore they are never translated.
but he was correct

1 Corinthians 14:13 (ESV) — 13 Therefore, one who speaks in a tongue should pray that he may interpret.

in that one should pray to interpret

but he was correct

1 Corinthians 14:13 (ESV) — 13 Therefore, one who speaks in a tongue should pray that he may interpret.

in that one should pray to interpret
NASB Cor 12:4-6
varieties of gifts - CHARISMA: gift of grace and favor - (Here related to a variety of specific spiritual gifts and abilities)
varieties of ministries - DIARESIS: division, disribution, distinction - (Here related to a variety of how each person administers them)
varieties of effects - ENERGEMA: thing wrought, operation - (Here related to how the gifts affect others when they are used)

These indicate the endless variety of the outplaying of the gifts of individual Christians.

NASB Cor 12:4-6
varieties of gifts - CHARISMA: gift of grace and favor - (Here related to a variety of specific spiritual gifts and abilities)
varieties of ministries - DIARESIS: division, disribution, distinction - (Here related to a variety of how each person administers them)
varieties of effects - ENERGEMA: thing wrought, operation - (Here related to how the gifts affect others when they are used)

These indicate the endless variety of the outplaying of the gifts of individual Christians.
And?

of course there is a lot more to say about these gifts, showing where used and trying to define them, but that would be many pages and I don't like making massive posts.
I was hoping the other poster would se this and if he So yes I understand your "and" as this is was not aware of these definitions, might consider them.
So yes I understand your "and" and would be happy to discuss more in smaller bites, but that would diverge from the thread.
Did you have any specifics you wanted to add?

of course there is a lot more to say about these gifts, showing where used and trying to define them, but that would be many pages and I don't like making massive posts.
I was hoping the other poster would se this and if he So yes I understand your "and" as this is was not aware of these definitions, might consider them.
So yes I understand your "and" and would be happy to discuss more in smaller bites, but that would diverge from the thread.
Did you have any specifics you wanted to add?
Just wondering what you point was

Just wondering what you point was
Nothing more that what I wrote, what the words mean. I am always inclined to state here exactly what my point is and try to never e vague or assume people can read into my post what I mean. I try to just say it clearly. Of course in every post I hope I write something people can respond to

Nothing more that what I wrote, what the words mean. I am always inclined to state here exactly what my point is and try to never e vague or assume people can read into my post what I mean. I try to just say it clearly. Of course in every post I hope I write something people can respond to
But the issue concerned praying to interpret tongues. I had expected something addressing that

But the issue concerned praying to interpret tongues. I had expected something addressing that
Here is what I understand.
Tongues in all its varieties is never understood by humans, only by God, although it edifies the speaker when it is given even if no one interprests.
Interpretation of tongues is then gifted to someone in their own language. Despite people claiming they heard the tongue in their own language, they are disagreeing with the word and not understanding the dynamic, though it could mean they were given the interpretation as the speaker spoke. Just like in the beginning of Acts.
In both sdes of this people have to decide whether or not they will speak.

That is my elementary beginning understanding of these gifts and I like the topic and will gladly show the verses and talk more detail
As a note, I do not speak in tongues and only got an interpretation once.

Back
Top Bottom