He that believes and is not water baptised is saved

It says this to be saved....
You're wrong that's not what it says. When You Believe in Jesus you are saved.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

When you believe you have eternal life right then and there. We have eternal life right now

My pleasure. I love informing people to the truth. The truth is salvation is not found in water baptism.
If they ask you this...

......Men and brethren, what shall we do?

You should tell them this...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,..

That is, if you want to be old fashioned.

The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us ...

Peter should not have wrote this or is there something you haven't figured out?
You obviously don't read the post here do you? Because this has been explained to you about 25 times and yet you still don't get it. That's what I figured out. All you do is post the same thing over and over. You ignore everything that shown to you that proves you're wrong. And then continue on reposting the same thing over and over.

If they ask you this...

......Men and brethren, what shall we do?

You should tell them this...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,..

That is, if you want to be old fashioned.
Why would I want to lie to people? That's probably what somebody did with you. And you still believe the lie.

You're wrong that's not what it says. When You Believe in Jesus you are saved.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

When you believe you have eternal life right then and there. We have eternal life right now
You forgot an ingredient to be saved....

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;..

You obviously don't read the post here do you? Because this has been explained to you about 25 times and yet you still don't get it. That's what I figured out. All you do is post the same thing over and over. You ignore everything that shown to you that proves you're wrong. And then continue on reposting the same thing over and over.
So, you don't agree with Peter that said Noah was saved by water and baptism likewise saves us?

Context...perishing or not.

@Truther

So tell me again what did Peter say? I forgot. Something about after you accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior you should go get water baptized.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;...

You mean Jesus said after believing you must be baptized to be saved.

Acts 2:37-38 is a lie?

Folks ask me what to do and I show them verse 38.

No lie.
Your misinterpretation of Acts 2:37-38 is a lie.

Oh I believe you tell them that all right. The problem is you're telling them a lie. Because you're telling them you're misinterpretation of that verse.

Keep coming back.

You know what I said. Water baptism is not part of salvation it comes afterwards. It's been explained to you many times over here. But you insist on playing games and acting like you don't know what anybody's talking about. I must admit you picked the perfect Avatar.

If you guys have skipped Acts 2:38, you have skipped Acts. I can guarantee that very few of you guys have actually been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins.
Everybody, I’m talking to has told me they believed their way right past it.
By your reasoning, I could tell you the same thing. If you skipped Acts 4:12, Acts 11:14, Acts 15:11, and Acts 16:31, you have skipped Acts. But you have just revealed to us again your obsession with Acts 2:38. In your twisted opinion, Acts 2:38 is on some kind of high pedestal, far above and far more important than the rest of Acts, which is not the case.

Nobody here who disagrees with you, has some kind of bias against Acts 2:38. What we are against is your misinterpretation of the verse.

In the days of John the Baptist, people would confess and repent of their sins, then John would baptize them in the Jordan river. Later when Jesus began to make many disciples, we read that He had His twelve apostles baptize all the new believers. John 4:1 But this baptism was different than John's. Instead of only confessing and repenting of their sins, in addition Jesus told them to also believe in the gospel, which is the life and teachings of Jesus Himself. "Repent and believe in the gospel." Mark 1:15 Then, after they did that, Jesus directed His apostles to baptize them.

Later, after Jesus had returned to heaven, the early church obeyed Jesus, and as soon as people repented and believed in Jesus, they were baptized. Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38,41; Acts 8:12,13,16,36; Acts 9:18; Acts 10:47,48; Acts 16:14-15; Acts 16:33; Acts 18:8; Acts 19:5; Acts 22:16.

So after repentance and faith in Jesus, they immediately baptized them in water. In the Bible, they didn't wait days or months or years to baptize new disciples in water. So when a person got saved, it was a "package deal", i.e. water baptism always followed their repentance and faith.

Technically, we should do the same today. As soon as a person is repentant and trusts in Jesus, they should be baptized immediately, if possible. But, for whatever reason, they don't often do that today, which is too bad, but that's the way it is. It may be due to lack of good teaching, no one stepping up to baptize them, lack of water to immerse them, bad weather, etc. So some don't get baptized until days, weeks, or months have passed by. Unfortunately, some just forget about it altogether, which is too bad, because I believe a true, growing Christian will want to be baptized, once he realizes that he should.

So for those early days of the church, it is easy to see how untaught people might easily think that water baptism means that the person got saved, which would be true, but they weren't saved because of the baptism, they were baptized because they were saved. Even today, when we see hundreds or more getting baptized in the ocean, we only see the physical baptism, we don't the person being born again which happened before that.

So when Peter says: "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.", he is not rewriting history, i.e. he is not changing the way they did it when they followed Jesus. How did they do it then? First, they confessed and repented of their sins, second, they put their faith in Jesus and their sins were forgiven and the Holy Spirit entered them (I should say He came to be with them - after Jesus rose from the dead, the Holy Spirit came into them), and third, they were baptized in water.

Peter is looking at the whole package: Repentance, faith, forgiveness, the Holy Spirit, and then baptism. He's not saying that baptism is the event that brings you forgiveness and the Holy Spirit - even though it may appear that way. How do we know this? Because that's not what the rest of scripture teaches, including other verses in Acts itself. I gave you a long list of other verses in #842, including some in Acts, where the requirements for salvation are clear, and water baptism is not one of them.

Last edited:
What Peter is referring to in you Proof text is what baptism represents, which is what saves us, belief in the finished work of Jesus Christ. In other words, Peter is simply connecting baptism with belief.

It is not the getting wet part that saves but the “belief in the finished work of Jesus Christ” which is signified by baptism, that saves us. The appeal to God always comes first. First belief and repentance, then we are baptized to publicly identify ourselves with Christ.

It's sort of like a broken record. That's all he knows - Acts 2:38 - he eats, drinks and dreams about Acts 2:38. He is obsessed with it. Too bad, because we are supposed to be obsessed with Jesus:
"You search the scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is those very scriptures that testify about Me; and yet you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life." John 5:39-40 (Did you notice Jesus didn't mention baptism here? If that's what saves us, He would have)

I suspect we have all heard the oft-repeated and solemn warning: “We better not think that we must add our works to what Jesus did on the cross.” Doing so is portrayed as the most tragic error anyone could make, a sure indication that one is not a true Christian.

And that's where the false doctrine of baptismal regeneration leads.

There is a part of this that needs to be addressed.. and that is Holy Spirit baptism at salvation. The thing with this.. is sometimes you get an entire group getting this.. such as the disciples who were already believers being 'baptised by the Holy Spirit and fire'.

Whether the Holy Spirit is working with an individual or a group.. changes the context. What happens to a corporate gathering of believers.. is a different work of the Holy Spirit to an individual. Another example is Acts 19...with a group of disciples who had already believed. They were asked if they had received the Holy Spirit by Paul. So the question is.. is this salvation being talked about.. or the Holy Spirit's work on a corporate gathering?

An entire group receiving the Holy Spirit.. is a group becoming a local NT church. It isn't salvation.

It's sort of like a broken record. That's all he knows - Acts 2:38 - he eats, drinks and dreams about Acts 2:38. He is obsessed with it. Too bad, because we are supposed to be obsessed with Jesus:
"You search the scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is those very scriptures that testify about Me; and yet you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life." John 5:39-40 (Did you notice Jesus didn't mention baptism here? If that's what saves us, He would have)
Well that's not even the worst part. Number one is total lack of hermeneutics and the inability to state his position. Number two is the total refusal to engage in any meaningful conversation. It makes one wonder, what's really going on.

The words "you must be baptized to be saved" that you added are not in that verse. That's your commentary on the verse.

Jesus is simply stating a fact about something that has already happened -it is in the past tense: "The one who has believed (past tense) and has been baptized (past tense) will be saved.

He is saying nothing here about the a future requirement like: If you want to be saved (future), you must believe and you must be baptized.

Back
Top Bottom