He that believes and is not water baptised is saved

When a person gets saved they receive the Holy Spirit when they become a believer. Water baptism commemorates That event.

The baptism of the Holy Spirit may be defined as that work whereby the Spirit of God places the believer into union with Christ and into union with other believers in the body of Christ at the moment of salvation. The baptism of the Holy Spirit was predicted by John the Baptist (Mark 1:8) and by Jesus before He ascended to heaven: “For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit” (Acts 1:5). This promise was fulfilled on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2:1–4); for the first time, people were permanently indwelt by the Holy Spirit, and the church had begun.

First Corinthians 12:12–13 is the central passage in the Bible regarding the baptism of the Holy Spirit: “For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink” (1 Corinthians 12:13). Notice that we “all” have been baptized by the Spirit—all believers have received the baptism, synonymous with salvation, and it is not a special experience for only a few.Got?

This baptism takes place at the moment of salvation. Water baptism comes any time after that. Some people get the two different baptisms confused. They condense the two together, But in truth they are two separate events.

"Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved." Acts 16:31
"I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved", John 10:9
"but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved." Mat. 10:22
"And He said to the woman, 'Your faith has saved you;" Luke 7:50
"then the devil comes and takes away the word from their heart, so that they will not believe and be saved." Luke 8:12
"but that the world might be saved through Him." John 3:17
"but I say these things so that you may be saved". John 5:34
"... for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12
"and he will speak words to you by which you will be saved," Acts 11:14
"But we believe that we are saved by the grace of the Lord Jesus," Acts 15:11
"having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him." Romans 5:9
"For in hope we have been saved," Romans 8:24
"It is the remnant that will be saved;" Romans 9:27
"but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God." 1 Cor. 1:18
"Now I make known to you ... the gospel ... by which also you are saved." 1 Cor. 15:1-2
"by grace you have been saved," Eph. 2:5
"For by grace you have been saved through faith;" Eph.2:8
"hindering us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved: 1 Thess. 2:16
"because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved." 2 Thess. 2:10
"who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." 1 Tim. 2:4
"He saved us, not on the basis of deeds we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, " Titus 3:5

Being saved requires belief or faith in the Lord Jesus and in His word, the gospel - it happens by the grace and mercy of Jesus and the power of God, in which we are justified by His blood. It requires the love of and knowledge of the truth - no righteous deed can purchase salvation, it is His mercy. Jesus Himself is our salvation and the salvation of all men who believe and trust in Him.
You are reading out of the epistles. These books are to people that have already been saved via Acts 2:38. Anything written to them is an affirmation of their faith. How come all of you theologians don’t even know that?
Why do you skip the book of Acts and give sinners the letters to the Saints?
Why oh why?

You are reading out of the epistles. These books are to people that have already been saved via Acts 2:38. Anything written to them is an affirmation of their faith. How come all of you theologians don’t even know that?
Why do you skip the book of Acts and give sinners the letters to the Saints?
Why oh why?

No one has skipped Acts you just misinterpreted it. That's why.

No one has skipped Acts you just misinterpreted it. That's why.
If you guys have skipped Acts 2:38, you have skipped Acts. I can guarantee that very few of you guys have actually been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins.
Everybody, I’m talking to has told me they believed their way right past it.

If you can merely believe that Jesus is the son of God to be saved and skip baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, every person of every religious organization is saved. The Jehovah witnesses the Mormons, the SDA, the Catholics etc. They all believe that Jesus is the son of God.

But all of them have skipped Acts 2:38.

If you can merely believe that Jesus is the son of God to be saved and skip baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, every person of every religious organization is saved. The Jehovah witnesses the Mormons, the SDA, the Catholics etc. They all believe that Jesus is the son of God.

But all of them have skipped Acts 2:38.
Like you, Mormons have things backwards. Mormons believe Jesus was a man who became a god, as opposed to the eternal Son who took on flesh.

When you have faith in believe in Jesus as your savior you receive the baptism of the holy spirit. That's a whole different thing than water baptism that you think can save you.

John 3:16 says, “God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

The key is belief, in response to God’s love. Anyone who places his or her faith in Jesus has the promise of eternal life.

In no way shape or form is water baptism requires for salvation. You can twist all the scriptures you'd like in order to convince yourself it is but in reality It isn't required unto salvation. Water baptism is a ceremony symbolizing our salvation that takes place after we become believers in Jesus

Like you, Mormons have things backwards. Mormons believe Jesus was a man who became a god, as opposed to the eternal Son who took on flesh.

When you have faith in believe in Jesus as your savior you receive the baptism of the holy spirit. That's a whole different thing than water baptism that you think can save you.

John 3:16 says, “God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

The key is belief, in response to God’s love. Anyone who places his or her faith in Jesus has the promise of eternal life.
Are the pope and all the Cardinals saved? They believe in Jesus and have their faith in Jesus.. they have the promise of eternal life?

In no way shape or form is water baptism requires for salvation. You can twist all the scriptures you'd like in order to convince yourself it is but in reality It isn't required unto salvation. Water baptism is a ceremony symbolizing our salvation that takes place after we become believers in Jesus
Then Peter said unto them, repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins…

I’m glad you think that permission of sins has nothing to do with being saved.

Then Peter said unto them, repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins…

Having faith and believing in Jesus And what he did on the cross includes taking away our sins. Water baptism does not.

Last edited:

You have my permission to be wrong about thinking water baptism saves you.

Having faith and believing in Jesus And what he did on the cross includes taking away our sins. What are baptism does not.
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,...

Oh boy

The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us ...

Thanks
Jesus saves us. Getting dunked in water doesn't save us. Water baptism is a ceremony celebrating what Jesus has done by taking away our heart of stone and giving us a heart of flesh. Salvation is what I'm talking about. When we celebrate the baptismal ritual we are proclaiming that we are new creatures in Christ, born again. We are believers, Those that think water baptism save you are deceivers. All believers should be aware of deceivers.

They are teachers of the false gospel. A gospel of work salvation. They leave Jesus out of the equation and depend on their own righteousness.

What does it say?
It says this to be saved....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost

And this to remain saved...

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

.....which most belief systems refuse to adhere to.

Jesus saves us. Getting dunked in water doesn't save us. Water baptism is a ceremony celebrating what Jesus has done by taking away our heart of stone and giving us a heart of flesh. Salvation is what I'm talking about. When we celebrate the baptismal ritual we are proclaiming that we are new creatures in Christ, born again. We are believers, Those that think water baptism save you are deceivers. All believers should be aware of deceivers.

They are teachers of the false gospel. A gospel of work salvation. They leave Jesus out of the equation and depend on their own righteousness.
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us ...

Peter should not have wrote this or is there something you haven't figured out?

Back
Top Bottom