Has anyone ever thought about

jeremiah1five

The two witnesses and their effect upon the Gentile Church?

I mean, the Gentile Church will be here and go through the Time of Jacob's Trouble along with Israel.

When that happens has anyone ever though about what effect these two Jewish prophets will have upon the Gentile Church?

Hmmmm?

Perhaps they will fulfill
Daniel 12: 9 And he said, Go thy way Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand.
and in
Revelations 10:8 Then the voice that I had heard from heaven spoke to me again, saying, “Go, take the small scroll that lies open in the hand of the angel standing on the sea and on the land.” 9 And I went to the angel and said, “Give me the small scroll.”

“Take it and eat it,” he said. “It will make your stomach bitter, but in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey.” 10 So I took the small scroll from the angel’s hand and ate it; and it was as sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned bitter.

by telling us a new interpretation of an old revelation rather than a new revelation which might contradict Deuteronomy 4:2 and Revelation 22:18.

In John 16:12, Jesus said: I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit, when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth. Hence, Jesus knew some truth that He was unable to disclose to us, and He also knew that this truth would someday be disclosed to the Church. In other words, Jesus knew that the Church was going to receive a new revelation in the future, sometime after the coming of the Holy Spirit.

So now, this being the case, I ask: would not GOD bear witness in Their Word to a revelation that They intended to give in the future? Well, I think They would (because They've done it this way before) and if so, then wouldn't a person like Paul (who had gone to heaven and learned the whole truth) and John who ate the little bible most likely be under some leading from the Holy Spirit to bear witness in their writings to these hidden heavenly truths so that, when it was time for their public disclosure later on, there would be some scriptural attestation to them?

But Paul and John could not put it in their open writings in such a way as would disclose the secret ahead of time, right? No, the testimony would have to be hidden somehow so that it remained a secret until the right time.

Therefore, Paul and John would hide the testimony in their writings, knowing that until the time of the revelation, their readers would not really understand what they had written, and that would they make up interpretations which would not be entirely true.

It also stands to reason that these false interpretations would endure unopposed by the truth until the general disclosure in the end times, at which time the new proper interpretation would be made known...

OK. But I am talking about the two Jewish witnesses in Revelation 11.

When God removes Israel's blindness and this dynamic duo get to prophesying to Israel it won't be "Gentile Christian" doctrine of the past 2000 years that will come out of their mouths. They will do what the New Covenant Jewish Christians did after they became saved and filled with the Holy Spirit before the destruction of their Temple and that is, searched the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets to understand this "new thing" God was doing in the earth and the effect their Messiah (Jesus the Christ) had upon their covenants (Abrahamic and Mosaic) and what God was doing "now."

The dynamic duo will use the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets to herald the identity of Israel's Messiah to Israel and turn the 'hearts of the children back to their fathers," etc.

What prompted this question in my mind is the Gentile Christian teaching that born-again Gentile Christians are "sons/children" of Abraham through the new birth (which I disagree.) When Saul wrote his letters, he wrote to Jewish Christians in Jewish home churches in the cities he labeled: Corinth, Ephesus, Philippi, Thessalonica, etc., and this means his letters and their content must be understood in light of this fact. There is no doubt that Israel is under the Law, and this includes circumcised Gentile proselytes. Any Jew and proselyte under the Law who was born-again through the Holy Spirit before the destruction of their Temple needs to be understood with this in mind. One thing is this:

32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:
1 Cor. 10:32.

Saul makes distinction between [unsaved] Jew, [unsaved] Gentile, and the church of God, which can only be born-again Jews; and "church" to me, connects them to the "Great Congregation" of over 3 million Jews in the desert at the time of the Tabernacle. This also connects them to the Law. The "New Covenant" was made with the House of Israel and is spiritually connected to the letter of Law. Jeremiah does bring up the "covenant of when God took them by the hand and delivered them from Egypt" and this refers to when He gave them the Law. And in this New Covenant God is going to put in their [Israel's] inward parts His Law. This can only mean the Law(s) of Moses which are the Law(s) of God.

Are you 'following' me so far? If you are then let me continue:

Saul says the Law is spiritual (Rom. 7:14.) I believe in type and shadow. I believe the Law is type and shadow of the Holy Spirit and in the New Covenant - which is connected to the Law Covenant - it is HE whom the LORD promised to put in their [Jews'] "inward parts."

To Israel the Abrahamic and Mosaic Covenants are still active and applicable to Israel and all its House. It is still applicable because Saul connects Jewish Christians to the Abrahamic Covenant:

23 But before faith came, we [Jews] were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our [Jews] schoolmaster to bring us [Jews] unto Christ, that we [Jews] might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we [Jews] are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye [Jews} are all [Jews] the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you [Jews] as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye [Jews] Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise [given to Abraham.]
Gal. 3:23–29.

The New Covenant in Jeremiah 31 connects Israel to the Law of Moses:

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD,
That I will make a new covenant
With the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers
In the day that I took them by the hand
To bring them out of the land of Egypt;
Which my covenant they brake,
Although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
Jer. 31:31–32.

Jeremiah may say, "not according to the Law [of Moses] when God took them by the hand out of Egypt," but Jeremiah references a "Law" God is going to put in their "inward parts" and the only Law is the one made with the children of Israel in the desert: the Law of Moses [which is spiritual.]

Are we still on the same page?

When God removes Israel's blindness Jews will continue to be saved (born-again) as occurred in the early-to-mid first century until the Temple was destroyed. It was predominantly a Jewish Covenant after Pentecost and to understand what God was doing the disciples and everyone who was Jewish/children of Israel searched their Scriptures to understand this new Jewish phenomenon affecting Jews. Now, let me ask again...are we on the same page?

Everything above is factual and true. Now, I stepped away momentarily, so I hope my train of thought is up to what I laid down above and what I am going to add hereafter:

WHEN the dynamic duo appears, they will speak to Israel using their Law, Psalms, and Prophets and will establish beyond all doubt that this Jesus who died on the cross some 2000 years ago was truly their long-awaited Messiah. At this point I considered what Gentile Christians will think and do. And that is why the question in this post.

IF the Abrahamic and Mosaic and New Covenants are ALL "Hebraic/Jewish" then the Holy Spirit belong to Israel as Promised by God...

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. Acts 2:39.

...and if salvation is in, by, and through the Holy Spirit, and Gentiles are and have been saved these 2000 years, then at the appointed time when the Times of the Gentiles end God is going to turn His full attention back to His Bride and Church who is Israel and "drop" the Gentile Christian world like a hot potato as His focus will be to fulfill promises made to Israel and this takes me to the years after Pentecost when ONLY Jews were being saved as per covenant (with a few uncircumcised Gentiles thrown in) and what the dynamic duo say in their prophecies to Israel during the Time of Jacobs Trouble (or thereabouts) just might not be the things Gentile Christians have taught these 2000 years.
I like to think that at this point in history (and all history is centered on the Hebraic/Jewish covenants throughout human history) that these two witnesses (dynamic duo) will speak the very words of God and what they say just might go contrary to what is long-held Gentile Christians theology of 2000 years. Can the Gentile Christians in that day handle it? Will they allow themselves to be corrected by these two prophesied prophets FROM GOD, or will they rebel and turn against Israel as prophesied the WHOLE WORLD will turn against Israel for the purpose of Christ destroying His enemies, Israel's enemies, and God's enemies (Zech. 14.)

2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about,
When they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.
3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people:
All that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces,
Though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.
Zec 12:2–3.

Since God is a God of Covenant one issue I think will be resolved at this time will be the identity of the "other sheep" mentioned by Jesus:

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. Jn 10:16.

Gentiles believe the "other sheep" are [uncircumcised] Gentiles that make up the Gentile Church. WHAT IF these "other sheep" are NOT Gentile Christians but Samaritans? If there is Jewish blood of twelve tribes coursing through their veins, then they are still a covenant people unto God.

Another problem I foresee is the Gentile Church belief that because they are Christ's in salvation that this connects them as Abraham's sons and children. I don't agree with this. There is Israel (twelve tribes), and with them are Gentile proselytes, and with them are Samaritans. But God has made no covenant with Gentiles. God is saving Gentiles (when the covenant clock stopped for Israel when their Temple was destroyed and soon God began the Time of the Gentiles and began to save and bring Gentiles TO CHRIST - NOT to Israel or Abraham - which have covenants.
I just spent two hours on this reply. I'm going to bet 1 billion dollars you don't see the same Jesus I do above, and I lost you in the first sentence.
Right?

to all, the two witness of Revelation 11 is none other than John the Baptist, and the Lord Jesus the Christ. who has already come and gone. but both witness in the earth today. baptism of repentance, and confession unto salvation.

101G.

to all, the two witness of Revelation 11 is none other than John the Baptist, and the Lord Jesus the Christ. who has already come and gone. but both witness in the earth today. baptism of repentance, and confession unto salvation.

101G.
No, John the Baptist lost his head and is not coming back. Elijah hasn't died and will be the one to herald Christ's return. The other witness must be Enoch. Neither of these have died and Scripture cannot be broken "it is appointed unto man once to die."
They never died in their earthly lives and will return to fulfill Scripture that it is "appointed unto man once to die."
And once to die they shall.

No, John the Baptist lost his head and is not coming back. Elijah hasn't died and will be the one to herald Christ's return. The other witness must be Enoch. Neither of these have died and Scripture cannot be broken "it is appointed unto man once to die."
They never died in their earthly lives and will return to fulfill Scripture that it is "appointed unto man once to die."
And once to die they shall.
your First ERROR of the day, listen and Learn. READ, PLEASE READ, Hebrew chapter 11, the honor roll of the faithful.... and they all ... "DIED" especially Enoch and Elijah who both was only transported to another part of the planet to escape certain death as to where they were at at the time. neither one went to heaven, they both are here in their graves. and here's the scripture of proof. Hebrews 11:13 "These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth."

so that ERROR of Elijah not being dead is just that, an ERROR.

learn something, John the Baptist herald Christ's coming...... (smile)..... :cool: YIKES! LEARN the TRUTH. Scripture, Matthew 17:10-13 "And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come? And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist”. so John the Baptist is the Elijah to come, and had already came according to our Lord.

and this is backed up from scripture from the OT as well as the NT ...... :D

101G

101G.
Lol it’s Moses and Elijah. Look at their miracles :)

100%

101G.
HUGE problem as the baptist never performed a single miracle, he preached. And christ is the One Returning in Revelation that every eye will see Coming on the white horse to wage war- He is not one of the two witnesses- thats absurd.

I have never once heard anyone but yourself claiming one of them is Jesus.

hope this helps !!!

HUGE problem as the baptist never performed a single miracle, he preached. And christ is the One Returning in Revelation that every eye will see Coming on the white horse to wage war- He is not one of the two witnesses- thats absurd.

I have never once heard anyone but yourself claiming one of them is Jesus.

hope this helps !!!
well the bible is 101G witness, let's check the record. school is open. OT, reference the WITNESS of Jesus Christ. Isaiah 55:4 "Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people”. Examine this verse

A. this witness is none other than Jesus the Christ. how do 101G know this. for the verse states this witness is a COMMANDER to the People. and the Hebrew term here for Commander is,
Commander" using VINE'S COMPLETE Old Testament EXPOSITORY DICTIONARY,
Usage Number: 1
Strong's Number: <H8269>
Original Word: sar
Usage Notes: "official; leader; commander; captain; chief; prince; ruler." 101G will stop right here, no need to go any futher. one can read the rest of the definition for yourself.

#1. The Lord Jesus is the captain of our salvation, Hebrews 2:10 "For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings."

#2. the Lord Jesus is the Chief Corner Stone, 1 Peter 2:6 "Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded."

#3. the Lord Jesus is the PRINCE of PEACE.... that's a give-me.

#4. is not the Lord Jesus the "GOVERNOR", the "RULER" of the People, lets check the record, Micah 5:2 "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting." this term "RULER" is translated as "Governor". and it was fulfilled in the Lord Jesus when the Wise men came to worship. listen and Learn. Matthew 2:3 "When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him." Matthew 2:4 "And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born." Matthew 2:5 "And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet," Matthew 2:6 "And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel."
and Governer here is G2233 ἡγέομαι hegeomai (hee-ǰe'-o-mai) v.
1. to lead (with official authority).
2. (specially) to govern.
3. (figuratively, of the mind) to consider.
4. (militarily) to command (as a general of an army). Not used of the Redeemed of Christ.
[middle voice of a (presumed) strengthened form of G71]
KJV: account, (be) chief, count, esteem, governor, judge, have the rule over, suppose, think

there it is "CHIEF" and "RULE".

Now John the Baptist as WITNESS. John 1:6 "There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe”. now the OT reference, Isaiah 40:1 "Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God." Isaiah 40:2 "Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD'S hand double for all her sins." Isaiah 40:3 "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God."
FULFILLED, the Lord Jesus speaking, Matthew 11:10 "For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee."

now are we sure this is the Elijah to come, speaking of John the Baptist? Let's check the record, Luke 1:17 "And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." where was this foretold? Malachi 4:5 "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:" Malachi 4:6 "And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse."

read Luke 1:17 and Malachi 4:5 & 6 again.... it's like reading a newspaper from yesterday.

101G is just getting started...... :D

101G

@civic,
since you never heard of the Lord Jesus as one of the witness. see Revelation is symbolic, unless specify otherwise. Moses and the Elijah point to the Lord Jesus and John the Baptist.
here are just a few of the comparison between the Lord Jesus and Moses.

The Lord Jesus and Moses.​

Here are some compiled similarities between the Lord Jesus the Christ and the prophet Moses.

1. both have a close relationship with God. Moses a face to face Physical (human) meeting. Jesus a
Spiritual Face to face. John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the
bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

2. both were ordained by God to deliver his people from bondage. Moses Physical bondage, the Lord Jesus
Spiritual bondage

3. both Moses and the Lord Jesus were saved from certain death when they were small children, while most
other Israelite male children of the same age and place of birth were murdered.

4. both the Lord Jesus and Moses refused the possibility to become rulers in their age. Satan offered Jesus the
rule over the kingdoms of this world (Matthew 4:8-9), but Jesus rejected that offer and chose to suffer and die
for the sake of the people of the world. Moses acted in a similar manner; he had been raised as a son in a royal
family, and he could have had a lavish lifestyle, but he chose differently. he suffered for the people sake.

5. both the Lord Jesus and Moses were "called out of Egypt".

6. both Moses and the Lord Jesus interceded for Israel, not allowing the destruction of the nation

7. both the Lord Jesus and Moses "mediated" between Israel, (now the church), and the true God.

8. both the Lord Jesus and Moses were Lawgivers. Moses the carnal Law of Stone. Jesus the Spiritual Law of the
heart.

9. both had water connections. The Nile (water) into blood/red. Water into wine/red

10. both died, and no man knows where their GRAVE are.

11. both had mother who was not their biological mothers.

12. both talked to God on mountains tops.​

this is just a few, there are many more. By now one should have the understanding of who the two witness are.

but as said, 101G just beginning

101G.

Jesus is in heaven while the 2 witnesses are on earth . Bible 101.

hope this helps !!!
Yes, now the Lord Jesus is in heaven. and his witness is still in the earth today as with John testimony. now if different, post book chapter and verse to this effect.

101G.

To all,
for all my experts of Dainel..... the two witness to the CHANGE of the Law and sacrifice

Weeks = years, 70 weeks are determine.

As with 3 1/2 weeks =3 1/2 years of ministry by the Lord Jesus. yes, that iniquity and desolation, as with the sacrifice was put away with, and Ended.
and 101G will not go off topic about the 70 week, for they are not split in the end times, but the two witness did witness to it.... (smile). Oh this is getting good.

now Revelation
Revelation 11:3 "And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth”.
a thousand two hundred and threescore days is exactly 42 months or 3 1/2 years, the exact length, or measure of the Lord Jesus ministry. And the POWER that fueled this ministry is God himself the Holy Spirit. Scripture, John 3:34 "For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him”. John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Cloths in sackcloth, meaning preaching repentance. sackcloth means penitence. and the definition of penitence is the action of feeling or showing sorrow and regret for having done wrong; repentance. what was the first thing out of John the Baptist mouth in his ministry? "REPENT". Scripture, Matthews 3:1 "In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, 2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. 3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight". now the Lord Jesus, Scripture, Matthews 4:16 "From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand". so we have the two witness, John and the Lord Jesus.

Might as well get the next verse also,
Revelation 11:4 "These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth”.
Zechariah 4:2 "And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of
gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are
upon the top thereof. 3 And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the
left side thereof. 4 So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord? 5
Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said,
No, my lord. 6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel,
saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts". Here Jesus is confirm as one of
the two witness, How?. not by his might, or power, but by, "MY spirit". wait a minute, I thought God is a Spirit.
so who is this, "spirit"?. any time one sees small case spirit, it either a man or another spirit, an angel. Not by
might, nor by power, (meaning not by dunamis power), but by his spirit, small case spirit. meaning a man with
God's authority, the exousia power, or his anointed. and it is two olive trees that is anointed with himself, THE
HOLY SPIRIT.
so clearly the man, Jesus, is one of the two witness. lets see if this anointing is with God.
Zechariah 4:11 "Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the
candlestick and upon the left side thereof?. 12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two
olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves? 13 And he
answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord. 14 Then said he, These are
the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth". now from olive trees, to olive branches so
clearly, God spirit, small case, is the man Jesus, who is God, his Intrinsic spatial, or the manifestation of God shared in flesh. you have heard of the word, spatial, if not look up the word, Intrinsic. in order to get a full understanding of who this spirit, "of" God is. The "of", tell you who he is. Now we know for a fact that the Lord Jesus the MAN, NOT THE SPIRIT HIMSELF, but , "OF" God, his (Intrinsic spatial), is that witness. with that knowledge, that just bring John into the picture even more. because he witness to that CANDLESTICK. I suggest a re-reading of Zechariah chapters 3, & 4 to get a good picture of the two witness. Lets recap. The angel that spoke with Zechariah said that the two Olive trees are the two anointed ones. Let’s see who was anointed by God, and God anoints with his Spirit. A. we know that the Lord Jesus, born as a man was anointed from birth. Was John born with the Spirit? let's see. B. Luke 1:13-15 "But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John. And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth. For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb”. at that time the only two men who was Spiritually alive to God was John and the Lord Jesus. Both had the Spirit from birth. and only "ALIVE" men can WITTNESS, dead men cannot witness.

so, both the Lord Jesus and John the Baptist was qualified to Witness.

101G

Matt 17:1-9
A Six days later Jesus took with Him Peter and James and John his brother, and led them up on a high mountain by themselves. 2 And He was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as light. 3 And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him. 4 Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, I will make three tabernacles here, one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah." 5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, " This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!" 6 When the disciples heard this, they fell face down to the ground and were terrified. 7 And Jesus came to them and touched them and said, "Get up, and do not be afraid." 8 And lifting up their eyes, they saw no one except Jesus Himself alone.As they were coming down from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, saying, " Tell the vision to no one until the Son of Man has risen from the dead.

Who performed these Miracles below in the O.T. ??????

Revelation 11
They have power to shut up the heavens so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.

Tic Tok Tic Tok Tic Tok Tic Tok

Time is up. The answer is..........................................................................................

Moses and Elijah

hope this helps !!!

Matt 17:1-9
A Six days later Jesus took with Him Peter and James and John his brother, and led them up on a high mountain by themselves. 2 And He was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as light. 3 And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him. 4 Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, I will make three tabernacles here, one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah." 5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, " This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!" 6 When the disciples heard this, they fell face down to the ground and were terrified. 7 And Jesus came to them and touched them and said, "Get up, and do not be afraid." 8 And lifting up their eyes, they saw no one except Jesus Himself alone.As they were coming down from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, saying, " Tell the vision to no one until the Son of Man has risen from the dead.
first part, don't stop there keep on reading. Matthew 17:9 "And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead." Matthew 17:10 "And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?" Matthew 17:11 "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things." Matthew 17:12 "But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them." Matthew 17:13 "Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist."
so all those who are waiting for Elijah to come..... you will be waiting for a LONG, LONG, LONG, time.... :eek: Yikes!
Who performed these Miracles below in the O.T. ??????

Revelation 11
They have power to shut up the heavens so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.

Tic Tok Tic Tok Tic Tok Tic Tok
Ding Dong.... (smile).
Revelation 11:6 "These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
Now we will look at the power these two witness have. The answer is within the scripture itself. A. “have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy”. this is in reference to Elijah. B. “have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues”. this is in reference to Moses. But are they, Moses, and Elijah the two witness, these two men? No, only the similarities to these two men. We know without a doubt that John the Baptist is one of the witness. Coming down from the mount of the transfiguration, the Lord’s disciples asked him a question. SEE ABOVE. so John the Baptist is the Elijah to come and had already came according to our Lord. Now a question for you, “can the Lord Jesus lie?”. no, so Elijah had come, which was John the Baptist, how did John come as Elijah. Let the scripture speak, Luke 1:17 "And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord”. in the spirit is the ways, or character of Elijah. For John wore a hairy coat, and ate honey locusts. Matthew 3:4 "And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey”. so John was the forerunner to the Lord Jesus as the prophet Elijah, scripture, Malachi 4:5 & 6 "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse” now once again Luke 1:17 "And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord”. these are identical verses. Without a doubt the prophet John is the Elijah to come. Just a couple more scriptures to put the icing on the cake. Mark 1:2 "As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee”. we know that it is the prophet Elijah, who is John the Baptist, but wjere in the scriptures is this written? Answer, Malachi 3:1 "Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts” by now one must began to learn who the witness is?, John the baptist..
now,
They have power to shut up the heavens so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want
WATER, SAVES, CARNAL vs SPIRIT water. listen, 1 Peter 3:20 "Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water." 1 Peter 3:21 "The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:" the POWER OF WATER in "REPENTANCE", which John PREACHED.

now the Power of water in Salvation, WITNESS the Christ. John 3:1 "There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:" John 3:2 "The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him." John 3:3 "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:4 "Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?" John 3:5 "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." John 3:6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." John 3:7 "Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again." John 3:8 "The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit." John 3:9 "Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?" John 3:10 "Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?" John 3:11 "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness." John 3:12 "If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?"

our WITNESS? yes, John's and the Lord Jesus Witness.

understand Moses nor Elijah can witness to the water as the Lord Jesus and John yes, heaven was shut, to the UNBELIEVER... (smile). Oh dear.

now civic, since we have water understood, what about the FIRE.
Revelation 11:5 "And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed”.

well civic, the clock is running..... as you said, Tic Tok Tic Tok Tic Tok Tic Tok

101G.

PS 101G can't wait to hear this answer.

@civic, our brother.
don't take this personal, we all are having fun in learning the Word of God... ok, even thou we gut bust each other, or gouge each other eyes out, or rake each other over the coals. at the end of the day we are all God's children. so after we wash up and sit down with our heavenly Father, we can tell him we learned this or that.

I think we know each other pretty well, as to know nothing is personal, just having fun in learning the word of God. it's just your turn to be raked over the coals..... (smile). maybe mine next time... who knows.

now let 101G edify you some more. to be clear in what I said and to the point, the Word of God is LIKE "RAIN" .... WATER. Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD." Isaiah 55:9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:10 "For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:" Isaiah 55:11 "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

and this is why the Lord Jesus spoke in Parables also. Amos 8:11 "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:"

so the unbelieves as with the one who sat in Moses seat heaven was closed to them, after his baptism, (in Water), and heaven was OPEN, to those who heard the Word of God by those he sent from him. for the Lord Jesus speech closed heaven for many, as with John. they just could not understand, as was with Nicodemus about being BORN AGAIN. years ago, the Lord gave me this revelation about John the Baptist. John 1:6 "There was a man sent from God, whose name was John." one word in that scripture set me on the ROAD of truth as he being one of the two witness.

now to help you out about the fire in the two witness mouth..... it's not physical, or natural "FIRE" as seen in some of those youtube videos. when reading the word of God think Spiritual.

101G

your First ERROR of the day, listen and Learn. READ, PLEASE READ, Hebrew chapter 11, the honor roll of the faithful.... and they all ... "DIED" especially Enoch and Elijah who both was only transported to another part of the planet to escape certain death as to where they were at at the time. neither one went to heaven, they both are here in their graves. and here's the scripture of proof. Hebrews 11:13 "These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth."
At the time it was presumed they were dead. Nevertheless, they are alive and whether alive of dead God said they will come back then they will come back.
so that ERROR of Elijah not being dead is just that, an ERROR.

learn something, John the Baptist herald Christ's coming...... (smile)..... :cool: YIKES! LEARN the TRUTH. Scripture, Matthew 17:10-13 "And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come? And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist”. so John the Baptist is the Elijah to come, and had already came according to our Lord.

and this is backed up from scripture from the OT as well as the NT ...... :D

101G
You don't understand who John the Baptist was do you. Well, he wasn't Elijah and when questioned by those priests/scribes from Jerusalem if he was Elijah he said "No."
Case closed. Elijah didn't die, John the Baptist did. Tragically.

And since you don't understand John's denial of being Elijah, and Jesus' statement "he was "if you will receive it" means there is not a liar between the two only that 101G doesn't understand what it all means. Both Jesus and John were telling the truth.
Explain it.

Back
Top Bottom