Favorite Bible Software

Good list here.

Good list here.
years ago, I started on Quick verse. yes, it's a good program. but this word program I can cross reference not only the bible itself, but add on book, and reverse look up made easy.

me, personally I like what I call reverse bible engineering .... (smile). i examine the Opposite so that I can get a clear understanding from both prospectives. this is what I like about the Word program.

101G.

I'll copy my post there here:

I'm really into Bible software.

Some good free ones:
www.e-sword.net/ [the most famous]
theword.net/ [complicated but recommended]
www.bibleanalyzer.com/ [very clean interface]
crosswire.org/sword/index.jsp [most cross platform]
www.mysword.info/ [android but can run on PC]

And of course the big three pay as you go:

www.logos.com/ [acquired Wordsearch, largest library of all]
accordancebible.com/ [started on Mac but runs fine on PC]
www.olivetree.com/ [has good mobile versions]

And the now defunct, but extremely powerful:

www.bibleworks.com/
Quickverse [4.0 was the cleanest version]

Software I've never tried:

biblesoft.com/ [used to be PC Study Bible, heard good things but never tried]

If you know of any I missed I'm interested!

theword.net/ [complicated but recommended]
(smile) ...... yes, it is. but once mastered, oh the benefits. at first, I almost gave up on it. but the Spirit did not let me. after viewing some of it's on site and youtub tutorials, then I started modifying some of it features for myself. and now I have it tailored made to me. yes, all bible software programs are powerful, but when you get the one to suite you, that's the one for you.

101G.

(smile) ...... yes, it is. but once mastered, oh the benefits. at first, I almost gave up on it. but the Spirit did not let me. after viewing some of it's on site and youtub tutorials, then I started modifying some of it features for myself. and now I have it tailored made to me. yes, all bible software programs are powerful, but when you get the one to suite you, that's the one for you.

101G.

I like the Word a lot.

Used it for awhile and was quite impressed with its abilities and resources.

If you know of any I missed I'm interested!
those are about the best ones out there. Oh I forgot there is one I kind of LIKED, "MY BIBLE" it's a Russian based bible program in many languages. I talked to the author/via e-mail, who he and his son wrote the script source. seem to be a great person and his son. I thought about it, ........ but??????

it's an android only base program only, no windows. you can find it on Google play.

101G.

Logos
PC Study Bible
Biblehub- free online
For my android phone, I'm using
MySword for Android.
While the basic version is free, and is itself quite impressive, I decided to upgrade to the deluxe version. I paid a $75.00 donation and have the full package.
The difference I'm seeing is that with the deluxe version, you can format text, and add cross references to the verse (as opposed to adding a note with a bible verse in the note).

As my phone is my primary tech usage (98-99%), and while I do have computers, tablet, etc.... I just don't use them for much (1-2%... maybe...).

My wife is an iPhone user, and her primary bible app is the You Version. She reads the NKJV. Over the summer we took our vacation and while we were there, we stopped by the Calvary Chapel bookstore there and she bought a non-study bible for large print. It's definitely something I can read.
This morning she pulled it out and read it.

While we've kept all our older bibles, bibles we've inherited from family members who've passed on, my eyes are such that the app I'm using works for me...

I do have the E-Sword on my phone. I've bought some books for it, and paid for the full version.

I'm not as impressed with it as I am the MySword.

All the books, bible translations, commentaries, etc.... are freely available for the MySword.
The upgrade is only for formatting issues and the additions for cross references.

101G.
Show me how to do a search in the bible in Word @101G

if you are interested @101G

Show me how to do a search in the bible in Word @101G
thanks,
and to find a word quickly, in all the ways it can be translated. sure, have a dictionary open, (I use the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments), but all work the same. just right click on the Hebrew or Greek number, see pic below.

The Word Bible Search.jpg

once you right click, a pop up window comes up. you have choices. in this example click on Find "H3205" in Bible. it will find every occurrence as to how it is translated in the bible.

you can do it with books personal notes. or it will Give you an additional drop down selection for your other installed DICTIONARIES......"Look up "H3205" in

hope this help.

101G.

thanks,
and to find a word quickly, in all the ways it can be translated. sure, have a dictionary open, (I use the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments), but all work the same. just right click on the Hebrew or Greek number, see pic below.

View attachment 478

once you right click, a pop up window comes up. you have choices. in this example click on Find "H3205" in Bible. it will find every occurrence as to how it is translated in the bible.

you can do it with books personal notes. or it will Give you an additional drop down selection for your other installed DICTIONARIES......"Look up "H3205" in

hope this help.

101G.
Most definitely.
Thank you brother.
J.

@Johann.
thanks agent "J" that site is pretty cool. I been hitting a few words there (y)

also the Word is self supporting offline, and the best part I love is it programable. you can make your own notes, dictionaries, your own commentaries, books ect....

again thanks Agent "J".

101G.

Back
Top Bottom