Faith alone ?

I agree, but I urge people not to observe a Christian and assume they are saved or not saved based on what you perceive as a change in that person. We're all at different stages in our walk, so a person who doesn't seem "changed" could be struggling. And a person who does seem "changed" could simply be a good faker.
Man judges based on outward appearance, while God looks on the heart.

So your personal study bible is authoritative?

This is the problem with "modern" theologies. Someone writes a book and lazy people simply repeat what they read without any thought to the contrary.

Did you read what you wanted in this "personal study bible"? Did you even confirm the information you read is true?

"James" contains many things that are true and some that are false. Just like most any writing that exists anywhere.
Oh please lets not get all sanctimonious. You want to make a mountain out of a molehill. If you don't believe the author of the book of James was Jesus's brother that's fine. It doesn't affect your salvation.

You asked if I even confirmed the information that I believe about James is true. The truth is no one knows for sure. That's why it's a controversy. You can't judge people to be lazy that you do not know or live with or communicate with other than on an online forum.

One thing we for sure do not agree on... and that is the bible is inerrant without error.

I agree, but I urge people not to observe a Christian and assume they are saved or not saved based on what you perceive as a change in that person. We're all at different stages in our walk, so a person who doesn't seem "changed" could be struggling. And a person who does seem "changed" could simply be a good faker.

1Co 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Lot was a righteous man. We know because Peter said he was.

Not only Lot but David, God purposed the death of David's own child because of his sin.........

It is funny how @Bob Carabbio quotes the very Scripture concerning David and then ignored the fact that David was actually a very sinful man in his own life.

Geesh what..... We ALL are.

I believe in faith alone. I believe people will be different. The difference is Godly people keep getting "back up" after they fall. Over and over again.

There is not a just man upon this earth that does good and sins not.

Ecc 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

Last edited:
So kind of you. I point out the lack of knowledge you actually have and you get offended. Understandable.

I had to realize one day that I didn't know what I thought I knew. You know what I did? I decided to know.......

I see you can copy and paste a English definition. Good job. I'm impressed.... < sarcasm
Glad you liked it. So now you got the conversation going just the way you like it. Having a bad day are we?

When most "Christians" talk about "God changing" those He saves.....

They really mean... "They'll act just like me"........

When a person actually does start being just like Christ.......

They will be hated of ALL men......

Luk 21:17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.

No confusion at all in this translation..... :)

Glad you liked it. So now you got the conversation going just the way you like it. Having a bad day are we?

Like I haven't heard that before.......

I'm having a great day. The Lord is good to us all. I hope you will afford me the same priviledges you claim for yourself. That is all I ask.

Like I haven't heard that before.......

I'm having a great day. The Lord is good to us all. I hope you will afford me the same priviledges you claim for yourself. That is all I ask.
No that's not all you ask you asked me to share my thoughts on James being the brother of Jesus. You asked me to do that and then when I did you get all over my case. So you are having a great day because you just like to argue with people.

I'm not going to give you what you like I'll just ignore you. You have the same privilege please use it.

No that's not all you ask you asked me to share my thoughts on James being the brother of Jesus. You asked me to do that and then when I did you get all over my case. So you are having a great day because you just like to argue with people.

Arguments force people to consider the Truth. Truth offends everyone. I disagreed with you. You rejected why.

I'm not going to give you what you like I'll just ignore you. You have the same privilege please use it.

You quoted your study bible commentary. I know the raw evidence. Which do you prefer I use?

I thought this might go good here:love:

Be Kind and Encouraging

It [Love] is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].
1 CORINTHIANS 13:5

I have learned that one of the secrets to my own personal peace is letting people be who God made them to be, rather than trying to make them be who I would like them to be. I do my best to enjoy their strengths and be merciful toward their weaknesses because I have plenty of my own. I don’t need to try to take the speck out of their eye while I have a telephone pole in my own.

A woman I know was widowed not long ago, and she was telling me about her relationship with her husband. This woman is pretty strong-willed and likes things to go her way. She told me that when she was first married, she noticed a lot of things about her husband that annoyed her. Like any good wife, she told her husband about his annoying traits and habits so he could change.

Gradually it dawned on her that although she was very good about telling her husband all the things about him that needed to change, he never returned the favor! As she wondered why, she realized that somewhere along the line her husband had made a decision not to look at—or for—her flaws. He knew she had plenty! But he wasn’t going to focus on them. It occurred to her that she could continue to point out all his annoying traits—or she could choose not to, just as her husband had done.

At the end of our conversation, she told me that in the twelve years they were married, her husband never said an unkind word to her. I think we can all take a lesson from that.

Trust in Him Ask God to help you be kind to everyone. Don’t say an unkind word today—focus on the strengths of the people you come in contact with, and do all that you can to encourage them.

Joyce Meyer, Trusting God Day by Day: 365 Daily Devotions
Wouldn't it be great if we could all do that? That's putting faith Into action.

Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman. Let's knock off the personal attacks please. Feel free to share your personal opinions on the contents of the OP and not get sidetracked and above all please remain courteous to each other.
will do, I'm sorry about the disruption.

Back
Top Bottom