Eternal Security

Ahar

I wasn't able to locate anything here on this topic so I figured I might as well Get the ball rolling. Let me ask this question.

Is there anything keeping you from accepting God’s free gift of salvation right now? Hopefully your answer is no. If not then the Holy Spirit is not done with you yet. Since salvation is a gift of God, there's nothing that we do to earn it, Do you think there's anything we could do to lose it? Would God take back a gift that he has freely given? Know this, God’s grace toward you did not stop with forgiveness. His grace will continue to be poured out on you forever! That was His purpose from the very beginning.

This truth underscores the depth of the love that moved God to begin with. Unlike the nature lover who stops to rescue an injured bird, God’s love goes beyond pity. He did not save us just to keep us out of hell. He saved us to guarantee an eternal relationship with us, a relationship in which we would continue to be the recipients of His kindness.

A question: “Do you believe you have the power to block the purposes of God?” Once God has made up His mind He is going to do something, do you think you have the power to throw a wrench into the works and foul things up? To believe that a man or woman can lose his or her salvation is to believe that a human being can frustrate the eternal purpose of God. Good luck with that one!

God has plans for all of us who were dead in our trespasses and sins and have been made alive with Christ. To hold to a theology in which man can do something that throws him back into a state of spiritual deadness, thus denying God His predetermined purpose, is to embrace a system in which man is in the driver’s seat and God is just a passenger.

One final thought, is that we Can not undo what God has already done. We're just not that powerful.

Last edited:
I changed the title on this thread From "Perseverance of the Saints" To, "Eternal Security". The reason for that was to me "Perseverance of the Saints" Sounds like something we have to do as in works of the flesh. On the other hand "Eternal Security" Sounds more like God is the one keeping us secure.

In this discussion we have now reached the "fire insurance" claim.

“You mean to tell me that people can trust Christ as their Savior and then turn around and live any way they please and still go to heaven?”

In almost every discussion I have had concerning eternal security, this question has been asked in some form or another. For many, this is the real issue. The very idea that a person can trust Christ in order to get “fire insurance,” with no intention of changing behavior, makes the doctrine of eternal security repugnant to them.

Such thinking is viewed by some as an attack on the holiness of God. “A holy God demands holy living from His children,” they argue. “A man or woman whose life–style in no way demonstrates a desire for Christ likeness could not possibly have the Holy Spirit within, regardless of what was prayed or confessed in the past.”

Those who hold this view perceive the doctrine of eternal security to be a license for sin. For this reason they consider eternal security a dangerous doctrine. And to be honest, the behavior of many “Christians” provides them with ample evidence to make such a claim.

23 Since all have sinned and are falling short of the honor and glory which God bestows and receives.
24 [All] are justified and made upright and in right standing with God, freely and gratuitously by His grace (His unmerited favor and mercy), through the redemption which is [provided] in Christ Jesus,
Ro 3:23–24

No one will ever reach God’s standard of absolute moral perfection and be worthy of His glory on his own.

I changed the title on this thread From "Perseverance of the Saints" To, "Eternal Security". The reason for that was to me "Perseverance of the Saints" Sounds like something we have to do as in works of the flesh. On the other hand "Eternal Security" Sounds more like God is the one keeping us secure.

In this discussion we have now reached the "fire insurance" claim.

“You mean to tell me that people can trust Christ as their Savior and then turn around and live any way they please and still go to heaven?”

In almost every discussion I have had concerning eternal security, this question has been asked in some form or another. For many, this is the real issue. The very idea that a person can trust Christ in order to get “fire insurance,” with no intention of changing behavior, makes the doctrine of eternal security repugnant to them.

Such thinking is viewed by some as an attack on the holiness of God. “A holy God demands holy living from His children,” they argue. “A man or woman whose life–style in no way demonstrates a desire for Christ likeness could not possibly have the Holy Spirit within, regardless of what was prayed or confessed in the past.”

Those who hold this view perceive the doctrine of eternal security to be a license for sin. For this reason they consider eternal security a dangerous doctrine. And to be honest, the behavior of many “Christians” provides them with ample evidence to make such a claim.

23 Since all have sinned and are falling short of the honor and glory which God bestows and receives.
24 [All] are justified and made upright and in right standing with God, freely and gratuitously by His grace (His unmerited favor and mercy), through the redemption which is [provided] in Christ Jesus,
Ro 3:23–24

No one will ever reach God’s standard of absolute moral perfection and be worthy of His glory on his own.
I hear what you're saying but I think it goes both ways. We will persevere because God perseveres us. God will keep us from falling... no one will be lost of all those who belong to the Son. True believers are not able to leave Christ, Because Christ is at work within them.

38 For I have come down from heaven not to do My own will and purpose but to do the will and purpose of Him Who sent Me.
39 And this is the will ofHim Who sent Me, that I should not lose any of all that He has given Me, but that I should give new life and raise [them all] up at thelast day.
40 For this is My Father’swill and His purpose, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in and cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Him should have eternallife, and I will raise him up [from the dead] at the last day. John6:38–40

28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never lose it or perish throughout the ages. [Toall eternity they shall never by any means be destroyed.] And no oneis able to snatch them out of My hand.
29 My Father, Who hasgiven them to Me, is greater and mightier than all [else]; and no one is able to snatch [them] out of the Father’s hand. John 10:28–29

28 We are assured and knowthat [God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love Godand are called according to [His] design and purpose.
29 For those whom He foreknew [of whom He was aware and loved beforehand], He alsodestined from the beginning [foreordaining them] to be molded intothe image of His Son [and share inwardly His likeness], that He mightbecome the firstborn among many brethren.
30 And those whom He thus foreordained, He also called; and those whom He called, He alsojustified (acquitted, made righteous, putting them into rightstanding with Himself). And those whom He justified, He alsoglorified [raising them to a heavenly dignity and condition or stateof being].
31 What then shall we sayto [all] this? If God is for us, who [can be] against us? [Who can be our foe, if God is on our side?] [Ps. 118:6.]
32 He who did not withhold or spare [even] His own Son but gave Him up for us all, will He notalso with Him freely and graciously give us all [other] things?
33 Who shall bring anycharge against God’s elect [when it is] God Who justifies [that is,Who puts us in right relation to Himself? Who shall come forward andaccuse or impeach those whom God has chosen? Will God, Who acquits us?]
34 Who is there to condemn[us]? Will Christ Jesus (the Messiah), Who died, or rather Who was raised from the dead, Who is at the right hand of God actually pleading as He intercedes for us?
35 Who shall ever separate us from Christ’s love? Shall suffering and affliction andtribulation? Or calamity and distress? Or persecution or hunger ordestitution or peril or sword?
36 Even as it is written,For Thy sake we are put to death all the day long; we are regarded and counted as sheep for the slaughter. [Ps. 44:22.]
37 Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us.
38 For I am persuaded beyond doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels norprincipalities, nor things impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers,
39 Nor height nor depth,nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:28–39

4 In every prayer of mine I always make my entreaty and petition for you all with joy(delight).
5 [I thank my God] for your fellowship (your sympathetic cooperation and contributions andpartnership) in advancing the good news (the Gospel) from the firstday [you heard it] until now.
6 And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of Hisreturn], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing itto full completion in you. Philippians 1:4–6

12 Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions], so now, not only[with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much morebecause I am absent, work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, andfully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe andtrembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness ofconscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking fromwhatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ).
13 [Not in your ownstrength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both towill and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.Philippians 2:12–13

19They went out from our number, but they did not [really] belong to us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us. But[they withdrew] that it might be plain that they all are not of us.
1John 2:19

We need to understand that saving faith is God’s gift, and it cannot be lost. Can professing Christians fall away? Yes, and they will perish. Can true Christiansfall away? No, for they are kept by the invincible power of God inChrist. The Bible teaches us that professing Christians who leave thefaith were never truly believers 1 John 2:19

But our way is not that of those who draw back to eternal misery (perdition) and are utterlydestroyed, but we are of those who believe [who cleave to and trustin and rely on God through Jesus Christ, the Messiah] and by faith preserve the soul. Hebrews 10:39

The Bible does not speak as if one cannot fall away—no one simply reading it would ever come to that conclusion.

It's a doctrine motivated and driven by a wrong fear of losing salvation, a lack of trust in God.

Every promise that is "used" to prove this, it is assumed that the promise has no conditions.

Therefore the LORD God of Israel says: `I said indeed that your house and the house of your father would walk before Me forever.'
But now the LORD says: `Far be it from Me; for those who honor Me I will honor, and those who despise Me shall be lightly esteemed. (1 Sam. 2:30 NKJ)

Now according to their whole line of argument, once God promises something, nothing else could ever happen.

Consider the same logic rephrased for other proof texts:

Therefore the LORD God of Israel says: `I said indeed that no one can take my sheep out of my hand.'
But now the LORD says: `Far be it from Me; for those who honor Me I will honor, and those who despise Me shall be lightly esteemed.

Therefore the LORD God of Israel says: `I said indeed that nothing can separate you from the love of Christ.'
But now the LORD says: `Far be it from Me; for those who honor Me I will honor, and those who despise Me shall be lightly esteemed.

It's the exact same logic and principle.

I understand some people live in fear (which does not logically follow), that people have beat up and over-sensitive consciences, and we want to encourage those people that they did not commit the unpardonable sin.

But on the other hand, many people will wake up in hell because of this wicked doctrine of eternal security.

The Bible does not speak as if one cannot fall away—no one simply reading it would ever come to that conclusion.

It's a doctrine motivated and driven by a wrong fear of losing salvation, a lack of trust in God.

Every promise that is "used" to prove this, it is assumed that the promise has no conditions.

Therefore the LORD God of Israel says: `I said indeed that your house and the house of your father would walk before Me forever.'
But now the LORD says: `Far be it from Me; for those who honor Me I will honor, and those who despise Me shall be lightly esteemed. (1 Sam. 2:30 NKJ)

Now according to their whole line of argument, once God promises something, nothing else could ever happen.

Therefore the LORD God of Israel says: `I said indeed that no one can take my sheep out of my hand.'

Therefore the LORD God of Israel says: `I said indeed that nothing can separate you from the love of Christ.'

I understand some people live in fear (which does not logically follow), that people have beat up and over-sensitive consciences, and we want to encourage those people that they did not commit the unpardonable sin.

But on the other hand, many people will wake up in hell because of this wicked doctrine of eternal security.
What does the promise of eternal life mean to you ? Thanks

What does the promise of eternal life mean to you ? Thanks
Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the one who takes refuge in him. Psalm 34:8

Once you've been given salvation, Been born again, Become a new creation why would you leave that? When you're blessed why would you go back to your misery?

But in answer to your question "What does eternal life mean to me"? It means that it's eternal. It's not here today and gone tomorrow. That's wishy-washy life. That wasn't what Jesus came to give us. He said I came to give you life and life more abundantly.

What does abundant mean to you? More than you'll ever need?

All forms of Eternal Security, let’s just call ES. ES can lead a person to not allow the grace of God to work in their life and no longer take fighting sin seriously. I don't believe we need any form of eternal security to feel secure. We should not be trusting a doctrine anyway, we should be directly trusting God himself. The main error with ES is it assumes any promise it finds in the Bible is unconditional, but this assumption is unwarranted.

As we have mentioned this verse: "I did indeed say that your house and the house of your father would walk before Me forever. But now the LORD declares: Far be it from Me!" 1 Sam. 2:30, we see the original promise did not directly address the conditions involved, it was written in and of itself as if it were unconditional, but we see it was actually not. The conditions were assumed from other Bible passages.

ES assumes ALL warnings that sound salvific HAVE to necessarily be addressing unsaved people who are "almost" saved, but these warnings both describe elements of salvation in those they are addressed to, and they also make absolutely no sense to be addressed to people that have no commitment or belief in God anyway, for those people have no promise of salvation, nor can they fall from anything, nor have the partaken of Christ, nor have they escaped corruption, nor are they the ones studying the Word of God.

Rejecting ES does not mean you have to confess every single sin every second of every day or you instantly lose your salvation, nor does it even mean you have to leave in fear and anxiety and worry about your salvation. These things are gross straw men that don't logically follow. Rejecting ES means you take God's warnings as if they actually applied, but in so doing, it drives you even deeper to grace, dependence, trust, reliance, and faith in the merits and strength of Christ. God does not ask us to do what we cannot do, but always provides the grace for it. So to claim that ES is the only way to be secure is to deny God’s proclamation that we have what it takes when enabled with his grace.

Rejecting ES does not mean salvation by works. It is a logical error to insist that an action that produces a result necessarily means an attempt to merit it. Christ asks us to meet non-meritorious requirements that are easily achievable and only require trust in Christ's merit and not our own. If I accept a gift, it is does not thereby logically follow I earned the gift.

There is no single verse anywhere that indicates you can reject and leave your faith in Christ, and still expect salvation. And so many forms of ES become completely legalistic, the very thing they "claim" to want to save you from, by preaching you can't be saved without believing ES, or that if you later fall away it means you were never saved at all, which is back-loading a form of performance-based salvation. If you have to bear fruit to prove you are saved, this is logically no different than works salvation.

Don't listen to the devil offering a false security. Ask God directly and persistently, and he will show you that you don't have to believe the lie of Eternal Security to be saved, nor do you have to live in fear without it. It’s a sinful source of security, and makes all of God’s fearful warnings a complete sham. It also encourages self-righteous thinking because anytime anyone falls away, one assumes they were just never saved to begin with, only because a person didn’t live holy enough to manifest or indicate salvation, which is never to the basis or foundation of our salvation to begin with, since faith in grace alone saves.

The reason you can find no rest in rejecting ES is because you have false conditions. You don't believe God's grace is sufficient for you apart from ES. Rejecting ES does not mean God asks me to do something I can't do. Lordship Salvation ES propopents want us to know our faith is genuine by the amount of works we eventualy produce— and this is very telling. Most people I've interacted with start pointing to their works, which is ironic. Well, look at how many good works and fruit I have, that proves I am saved—even though I'm literally not saved BY the works, I still find ASSURANCE by the works. That is literally contradictory.

I'm always amused when people say "Well, if I could lose my salvation, I would." I understand what they mean, that they can't earn salvation. But if they are claiming that they are sinning as hard and as much as they can in every single area they can think of, that would be proving whether they could lose salvation. No Christian is doing that—every Christian could sin more than they currently do.

The “eternal” means “unconditional” argument is just fallacious. Think about what is being done with the definition of eternal by importing "unconditionally forever." Suppose Adam read Genesis where it says "God breathed into his face the breath of life, and Adam was a living soul." Adam reasons with himself, well a living soul is by definition not dead. Therefore I cannot die, because I am a living soul. When God says "You shall surely die," Adam can say "But I'm a living soul. Life is not death. Therefore I can't die."

The logic there is exactly no different. It's claiming an attribute cannot change merely by virtue of it being an attribute. There is not some logical trick where you can take the word "eternal" life and make it mean no warning is applicable to you anymore, and it means a fiat, unilateral, unconditional promise that you will maintain that attribute and state no matter what. It's a non-sequitur. It does not logically follow. It's just making up some random rule that does not come from the meaning of eternal.

Adam and Eve DID have eternal life—because their life could last forever. That doesn't mean it WILL last forever. It COULD. There are conditions to maintaining eternal life, just like for Adam and Eve. There is nothing logically inconsistent with that. There is no logical reason to call this "temporary life" or "conditional life," because you are taking another attribute and adjective and forcing it into the word eternal. I can have something that would be potentially eternal, but not necessarily eternal. The life is qualitatively eternal, not quantitatively. I have not literally lived forever.

That right there is what is so cool about being able to do this online. Is that we're able to share our thoughts and feelings on different subjects.
I think we can be pretty much close to the same opinion but come at it from different directions. I know exactly how once saved always saved worked for me, It's a personal testimony. So I know, that I know, that I know, how God worked that out in my life. It's real to me.

All forms of Eternal Security, let’s just call ES. ES can lead a person to not allow the grace of God to work in their life and no longer take fighting sin seriously. I don't believe we need any form of eternal security to feel secure. We should not be trusting a doctrine anyway, we should be directly trusting God himself. The main error with ES is it assumes any promise it finds in the Bible is unconditional, but this assumption is unwarranted.

As we have mentioned this verse: "I did indeed say that your house and the house of your father would walk before Me forever. But now the LORD declares: Far be it from Me!" 1 Sam. 2:30, we see the original promise did not directly address the conditions involved, it was written in and of itself as if it were unconditional, but we see it was actually not. The conditions were assumed from other Bible passages.

ES assumes ALL warnings that sound salvific HAVE to necessarily be addressing unsaved people who are "almost" saved, but these warnings both describe elements of salvation in those they are addressed to, and they also make absolutely no sense to be addressed to people that have no commitment or belief in God anyway, for those people have no promise of salvation, nor can they fall from anything, nor have the partaken of Christ, nor have they escaped corruption, nor are they the ones studying the Word of God.

Rejecting ES does not mean you have to confess every single sin every second of every day or you instantly lose your salvation, nor does it even mean you have to leave in fear and anxiety and worry about your salvation. These things are gross straw men that don't logically follow. Rejecting ES means you take God's warnings as if they actually applied, but in so doing, it drives you even deeper to grace, dependence, trust, reliance, and faith in the merits and strength of Christ. God does not ask us to do what we cannot do, but always provides the grace for it. So to claim that ES is the only way to be secure is to deny God’s proclamation that we have what it takes when enabled with his grace.

Rejecting ES does not mean salvation by works. It is a logical error to insist that an action that produces a result necessarily means an attempt to merit it. Christ asks us to meet non-meritorious requirements that are easily achievable and only require trust in Christ's merit and not our own. If I accept a gift, it is does not thereby logically follow I earned the gift.

There is no single verse anywhere that indicates you can reject and leave your faith in Christ, and still expect salvation. And so many forms of ES become completely legalistic, the very thing they "claim" to want to save you from, by preaching you can't be saved without believing ES, or that if you later fall away it means you were never saved at all, which is back-loading a form of performance-based salvation. If you have to bear fruit to prove you are saved, this is logically no different than works salvation.

Don't listen to the devil offering a false security. Ask God directly and persistently, and he will show you that you don't have to believe the lie of Eternal Security to be saved, nor do you have to live in fear without it. It’s a sinful source of security, and makes all of God’s fearful warnings a complete sham. It also encourages self-righteous thinking because anytime anyone falls away, one assumes they were just never saved to begin with, only because a person didn’t live holy enough to manifest or indicate salvation, which is never to the basis or foundation of our salvation to begin with, since faith in grace alone saves.

The reason you can find no rest in rejecting ES is because you have false conditions. You don't believe God's grace is sufficient for you apart from ES. Rejecting ES does not mean God asks me to do something I can't do. Lordship Salvation ES propopents want us to know our faith is genuine by the amount of works we eventualy produce— and this is very telling. Most people I've interacted with start pointing to their works, which is ironic. Well, look at how many good works and fruit I have, that proves I am saved—even though I'm literally not saved BY the works, I still find ASSURANCE by the works. That is literally contradictory.

I'm always amused when people say "Well, if I could lose my salvation, I would." I understand what they mean, that they can't earn salvation. But if they are claiming that they are sinning as hard and as much as they can in every single area they can think of, that would be proving whether they could lose salvation. No Christian is doing that—every Christian could sin more than they currently do.

The “eternal” means “unconditional” argument is just fallacious. Think about what is being done with the definition of eternal by importing "unconditionally forever." Suppose Adam read Genesis where it says "God breathed into his face the breath of life, and Adam was a living soul." Adam reasons with himself, well a living soul is by definition not dead. Therefore I cannot die, because I am a living soul. When God says "You shall surely die," Adam can say "But I'm a living soul. Life is not death. Therefore I can't die."

The logic there is exactly no different. It's claiming an attribute cannot change merely by virtue of it being an attribute. There is not some logical trick where you can take the word "eternal" life and make it mean no warning is applicable to you anymore, and it means a fiat, unilateral, unconditional promise that you will maintain that attribute and state no matter what. It's a non-sequitur. It does not logically follow. It's just making up some random rule that does not come from the meaning of eternal.

Adam and Eve DID have eternal life—because their life could last forever. That doesn't mean it WILL last forever. It COULD. There are conditions to maintaining eternal life, just like for Adam and Eve. There is nothing logically inconsistent with that. There is no logical reason to call this "temporary life" or "conditional life," because you are taking another attribute and adjective and forcing it into the word eternal. I can have something that would be potentially eternal, but not necessarily eternal. The life is qualitatively eternal, not quantitatively. I have not literally lived forever.

There is warning for believer who believes in OSAS of course.

Get caught in sin and I can expect conviction, discipline and rebuke from Jesus.

I can also expect to lose rewards in heaven.

God may even 'take me home' to stop my sin affecting others.

But He isn't going to take my eternal life away.

You gotta look at the warning verses in their right context.

Who is talking to whom?
What is the subject?
What is the occasion for speaking?

For eg... 'no longer a sacrifice for sins' in Hebrews 10... The context is about the Hebrews sacrificing bulls and goats to atone for their sins. They still wanted to keep doing this even though they were new converts under the NT system.

So it ends up being a verse not about losing eternal life..but rebuke from God for going back to Judaism as new believers.

ll forms of Eternal Security, let’s just call ES. ES can lead a person to not allow the grace of God to work in their life and no longer take fighting sin seriously. I don't believe we need any form of eternal security to feel secure
i dont think you understand true eternal security {
we need any form of eternal security to feel secure

do you lose your salvation over night ? or do you wake up still saved ? i am secure and i have eternal life but i can see neither understands eternal security... which is not any of the above posted . its not a license to sin its not a license to do as we please ..i dont have time to go into it but i can assure you we have insurance full coverage written in red kept by the power of God

do you lose your salvation over night ? or do you wake up still saved ? i am secure and i have eternal life but i can see neither understands eternal security... which is not any of the above posted . its not a license to sin its not a license to do as we please ..i dont have time to go into it but i can assure you we have insurance full coverage written in red kept by the power of God
Yes those who deny one is saved eternally from the moment they are born again teach against Christ and the Apostles and are saved by their works/obedience. One either has eternal life which lasts forever or its misnamed and should of been called temporal life or conditional life.

To lose eternal life by definition is an oxymoron. Its like saying a person who is born can become unborn and never existed. If one cannot become unborn physically then they cannot become unborn spiritually. @dizerner

hope this helps !!!

Get caught in sin and I can expect conviction, discipline and rebuke from Jesus.

Who is talking to whom?
What is the subject?

For eg... 'no longer a sacrifice for sins' in Hebrews 10... The context is about the Hebrews sacrificing bulls and goats to atone for their sins. They still wanted to keep doing this even though they were new converts under the NT system.

So it ends up being a verse not about losing eternal life..but rebuke from God for going back to Judaism as new believers.
the scripture in hebrews is widely debated over the correct interpretation your above listing is tad bit off in context Facts are he can take us out of here if we keep sinning with out repentance

Who is talking to whom?
What is the subject?

Amen to biblical truth.

In Johns writing we read the following regarding Jesus. He was in the beginning with God(John 1:1,1 John 1:1-4) We also read that in Him was life, the very source of life (John 1:4)whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life(3:16) He who believes in the Son has eternal life(3:36) He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day(6:54)This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent(17:3)These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life(1 John 5:13).

Jesus is in fact Eternal Life. He who has the Son has the life and he who does not have the Son does not have the life. He is the true God and Eternal Life(1 John 1:1-4,5:20).

Eternal life is not just unending life. It is the life we now have in God through Jesus. John refers to Jesus Christ Himself as eternal life. It is life that comes from God. A person who has eternal life has God’s life within him.

It is obvious that eternal life doesn’t begin when we die. Jesus said, He who believes in Me has (present tense) everlasting life. He didn’t say that the one who believes in Him will have (future tense) everlasting life. He said that he has eternal life in the here and now from that very first moment of faith. Eternal life is unending life.

Jesus, Paul and John emphasize that eternal life is a present reality and the present possession of the Christian in the here and now. It will have its ultimate fulfillment in the future but every believer has eternal life at the moment they believe in the Son of God.

Jesus said I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. (John 10:28).That means nothing or no one can remove a believer from Christ.

Paul tells us in Ephesians 4:30 that believers are sealed for the day of redemption. If believers did not have salvation or eternal life/security then the sealing could not truly be until the day of redemption. Paul in Romans 8:38-39 really drives home the everlasting promise of eternal life/salvation for the believer "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Our eternal security is bought with the blood of Christ, promised to us by the Father Who cannot deny Himself and sealed in the believers heart by the Holy Spirit. What wonderful promises believers have for their eternal security in Christ.

Jesus tells us in John 3:15-16 that whoever believes in Jesus Christ will have eternal life, not might have but actually possesses that everlasting life. If a person is promised eternal life and then to have it taken away then it was never eternal to begin with and it makes Jesus out to be a liar and the promises of God to be false. Below we see more promises the believer can count on for eternal life now and in the future. We can be confident in the promises of God.

John 3:16
16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:36
"He who believes in the Son has eternal life;

John 5:24
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 6:47
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life.

John 6:54
54 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

John 10:27-30
"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. 30 "I and the Father are one."

Matt 25:46
"These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

1 John 3:14
We know that we have passed out of death into life,

1 John 5:13
These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

Romans 8
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[i] have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

conclusion:
those having eternal life can never be separated from Christ. As Jesus said no one can snatch one from His hands whom He has given eternal life.

hope this helps !!!

He has given eternal life.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
Amen there are so many promises it’s overwhelming in favor of eternal life never ending . Otherwise the promise is deceptive and a lie.

I’m with you on our salvation because either God keeps us saved or we have more power over God with our salvation and can take his salvation away.

Back
Top Bottom