Eternal Security

Naughty! Lol! @Grace ambassador keep up the good work!! And you brother.
Johann.
Nothing naughty about it and I know you're just joking. Definition...It's a piece of hard work that you do because you enjoy it and not because you will receive money or praise for it, or because you need to do it: He's always working on his car - it's a labor of love.

I believe all OSAS arguments are wrong because there's too many verses that tell us that a person can lose their salvation.

There are exactly "O" verses that say anything about a Born again Christian, no longer being Born again.

You can't stop being born again , as a BIRTH can't be ended, (Just ask your mother).

So, to be born again, is to be BIRTHED by God's Spirit, and you can't "end that".... by being naughty, or by having a faith crisis., as God saved you when you were a SINNER, so if you turn out to be a JUNK CHRISTian... .then God knew you would be that one when He saved you while you were "YET a Sinner".

I believe all OSAS arguments are wrong because there's too many verses that tell us that a person can lose their salvation. So, because I hold that opinion you tell me to "get over myself". That's a two-edged sword. You also believe that arguments against OSAS, and that prove you are wrong are faulty. So should I judge you and say "Get over yourself" like you have me, insinuating that I'm arrogant and proud?
No, I'll let you guys do the judging. I'll just stick to the truth of scripture.

I find that many OSAS persons resort to judging, demeaning and condescending comments, if someone dares to disagree with them. Many get just plain mad.

Tell me, how is it possible that you can't leave the Lord after acknowledging His Lordship over your life? Does God force you to stay saved? If your doctrine is right, then God becomes a dictator, not allowing any of His disciples to leave.

So you no longer have a free will, because everyone with a free will can freely choose to follow Him or leave Him. The true God is not a tyrant - if you wish to leave at any time, you may. Jesus said that Himself in John 6:67: "So Jesus said to the twelve, 'You do not want to go away also, do you'?" Jesus did not add, "Sorry, you can't leave, I won't let you. It doesn't matter if you want to leave or not - live however you want, eat, drink and be merry, sin all you want - I'm still not letting you go."

That's how ridiculous OSAS is. Every promise of God has a condition - that you continue in faith, as Paul said, and keep yourselves in the love of God, as Jude said, and abide in Him, as Jesus said. The only exception to that in the Bible is when God sovereignly chose who would be in the line of the Messiah, in Romans 9. No one can snatch us out of God's hand if we continue in faith, keep ourselves in the love of God, and abide in Him. but if you don't, you have the freedom to walk away.

You don't own eternal life. That belongs to Jesus. Get ready, here comes the condition, "whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:16 Once you or anyone stops believing in Him, and many have, the eternal life stays with Jesus. You can't take it with you, if you no longer believe.

"Take care, brethren (that means a disciple), that there not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart that falls away from the living God." Heb. 3:12

"God has given us eternal life, AND THIS LIFE IS IN HIS SON. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life." 1 John 5:11-12 When anyone walks away from Jesus, they also walk away from eternal life.

"I want the younger widows to get married bear children, keep house, and give the enemy no occasion for reproach; FOR SOME HAVE ALREADY TURNED ASIDE TO FOLLOW SATAN." 1 Timothy 5:14-15 What did they turn aside from? Jesus.

"If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned." John 15:6 What does fire represent in the Bible?

"But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons." 1 Timothy 4:1. You don't fall away from the faith, if you never had the faith.

No, I am not into works based salvation. I was saved by grace through faith in Jesus as everyone is, without doing any works whatsoever. However, once we are born again, we are commanded to do what He says:

"Why do you call Me Lord, Lord, and do not do what I say?" Luke 6:46

Jesus commanded us to pray, give to the poor, and fast, and to love one another.
He commanded us to visit the sick and those in prison.
He commanded us to invite the stranger in, feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, clothe the naked.
He commanded us to preach the gospel.

Do you do any of these things because He commanded you to?

If you do, then you're just as much a work-based salvation person as I am.
If you don't then you are disobedient to Him
The only people that walk away from Jesus are the ones that were never saved to begin with. That's why Jesus said depart from me I never knew you.

Once you know the truth "Jesus" You've been set free why would anyone want to put themselves back in bondage?

op: Eternal Security?
I believe all OSAS arguments are wrong because there's too many verses that tell us that a person can lose their salvation.
I believe God's Eternal Salvation (and Security) is Correct, because:

1) Christ Has ALWAYS Known those who "Are His Own!":

"Nevertheless The Foundation of God Standeth Sure, Having This Seal,​
The Lord Knoweth them that Are His..." (2 Timothy 2:19 AV)​

How long Has He Known them?

"According as He Hath Chosen us In Him before the foundation of the world,..."​
(Ephesians 1:4 AV)​
2) Christ Never knew those "who are NOT His Own!!":

"Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he​
that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord,​
have we not prophesied in Thy Name? and in Thy Name have cast out devils? and in Thy Name​
done many wonderful works? And then Will I Profess unto them, I never Knew you: depart​
from Me, ye that work iniquity." (Matthew 7:21-23 AV)​

Thus, it is IMPOSSIBLE for your interpretation [ crumbling foundation? ] of:

Christ to Never know those He Has ALWAYS Known, eh?​
I'll just stick to the truth of scripture.
???

Amen.

op: Eternal Security?

I believe God's Eternal Salvation (and Security) is Correct, because:

1) Christ Has ALWAYS Known those who "Are His Own!":

"Nevertheless The Foundation of God Standeth Sure, Having This Seal,​
The Lord Knoweth them that Are His..." (2 Timothy 2:19 AV)​

How long Has He Known them?

"According as He Hath Chosen us In Him before the foundation of the world,..."​
(Ephesians 1:4 AV)​
2) Christ Never knew those "who are NOT His Own!!":

"Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he​
that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord,​
have we not prophesied in Thy Name? and in Thy Name have cast out devils? and in Thy Name​
done many wonderful works? And then Will I Profess unto them, I never Knew you: depart​
from Me, ye that work iniquity." (Matthew 7:21-23 AV)​

Thus, it is IMPOSSIBLE for your interpretation [ crumbling foundation? ] of:

Christ to Never know those He Has ALWAYS Known, eh?​

???

Amen.
Eph 1:13 You, too, have heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed in the Messiah, [Lit. in him] you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,
Eph 1:14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until God redeems his own possession [Lit. of the possession] for his praise and glory.

the earnest. or, a pledge. Num_13:23, Rom_5:5; *Rom_8:15-17; *Rom_8:23, 2Co_1:22; *2Co_5:1; *2Co_5:4; *2Co_5:5, *Gal_4:6, 1Jn_3:19-20 note. 1Jn_4:13.
our inheritance. Gr. klēronomia (S# G2817). +*Eph_1:11 note, Eph_1:18 g. *Eph_5:5 g. Num_34:2, Mat_21:38 g. Mar_12:7 g. Luk_12:13 g. Luk_20:14 g. +*Act_7:5 g. *+Act_20:32 g. +*Act_26:18, Gal_3:18 g. *Col_3:24 g. Heb_9:15 g. Heb_11:8 g. +*1Pe_1:4 g.
the redemption. *+Eph_1:7, +*Eph_4:30, Lev_25:24, etc. Psa_74:2; Psa_78:54; Psa_111:9, **+Isa_51:11, Jer_32:7-8, *Hos_13:14, Luk_21:28, +*Act_20:28, **Rom_8:23, Col_3:4, *Tit_2:14, *+1Pe_2:9 mg. Rev_12:9-11; Rev_14:4.
purchased possession. Gr. peripoiēsis (S# G4047). Eph_1:11 note. 2Ki_19:34, Isa_37:35, +*Mat_5:5, +*Act_20:28, 1Th_5:9 g (obtain). 2Th_2:14 g (obtaining). Heb_10:39 g (saving). +1Pe_2:9 g (peculiar).
unto the praise. See on Eph_1:6; Eph_1:12, Php_1:11, +*1Pe_2:9.
of his glory. Psa_86:9; Psa_138:5, Isa_43:7; +*Isa_60:21; Isa_63:14, Jer_14:7, Eze_20:14, Dan_9:19, Luk_19:38, Joh_13:31, Rom_1:5; +**Rom_15:7, 2Co_1:20, Gal_1:5, *2Th_1:10, 1Ti_1:11, 1Pe_1:8.

OSAS.
Johann.

Perseverance of the Saints what a wonderful doctrine.

P in the acronym TULIP refers to the Perseverance of the Saints, which teaches God’s permanent saving love for His people. The Lord never stops loving His people with a saving, effectual love; consequently, all those who have truly believed in Him will not finally fall away from faith. True believers in Christ might seem to abandon Him for a time, but if they have truly believed in Him, they will always come back to Him. Those who profess faith but then fall away finally never actually believed in Christ in the first place. They go out from us because they were never truly of us 1 John 2:19

The sheep of Christ will never perish:

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me; 28 and I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand John 10:27–28.

They hear the voice of Christ, they follow Christ, and they shall never perish from Christ, for He knows (loves) them, gives them eternal life, and holds them in His hand. If a believer (one of Christ’s sheep) apostatizes, he perishes and Christ said that His sheep would never perish.

Perseverance of the Saints what a wonderful doctrine.

P in the acronym TULIP refers to the Perseverance of the Saints, which teaches God’s permanent saving love for His people. The Lord never stops loving His people with a saving, effectual love; consequently, all those who have truly believed in Him will not finally fall away from faith. True believers in Christ might seem to abandon Him for a time, but if they have truly believed in Him, they will always come back to Him. Those who profess faith but then fall away finally never actually believed in Christ in the first place. They go out from us because they were never truly of us 1 John 2:19

The sheep of Christ will never perish:

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me; 28 and I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand John 10:27–28.

They hear the voice of Christ, they follow Christ, and they shall never perish from Christ, for He knows (loves) them, gives them eternal life, and holds them in His hand. If a believer (one of Christ’s sheep) apostatizes, he perishes and Christ said that His sheep would never perish.
I left you a post awaiting an answer @Biblelesson.
Johann.

If our salvation is not secure, how could Jesus say about those to whom He gives eternal life, “and they shall never perish” John 10:28

If even one man or woman receives eternal life and then forfeits it through sin or apostasy, will they not perish? And by doing so, do they not make Jesus’ words a lie?

Back
Top Bottom