Did Jesus Shed His Humanity at the Ascension?

When you say his ascension Civic you're referring to when he went up in a cloud in Acts 1? Is that when you believe he received his resurrected body? I believe we're believing the same thing that Jesus physical body is the same one now....I believe it received an upgrade though....It's the same body with the print of the nails in the hands and feet but upon being resurrected it has a higher capacity.....it can now I'll put it his way....move back and forth between the Kingdom of God we could call the Spirit or the universe thereof and back into the pure physical.

When Mary saw Jesus at the tomb he said the following, Not to touch him for he had to go to the Father....Jn 20:16 I think it means not so much that he didn't want her to touch him but rather as another translation says cling to me....or hold me back, in other words I've got to be going to the Father now. So he went then....to the Kingdom of God....I think to establish now his High Priest is position...but came back down once established and that's where you see the few times he did appear before his ascension.

Interesting to note that in John 20:26 it states that he appeared in the room with the disciples the doors being shut. Just appeared. Not merely just a spirit....he even brought that up.....a spirit has not flesh and bones as you see I have.....it was his physical body....but an upgrade for physical bodies can't just appear in any space it wants without going through doors. But Jesus body WAS PHYSICAL and the same one he had prior....but upgraded I think.

Maybe not a great analogy but it could help. If we think of substance....like coffee in a cup. It's black. That's what it is. By imparting another ingredient like a cream.....it is STILL the coffee it was but upgraded. It now has a higher capacity. Jesus glorified body is his physical body but it's capacity is above what it once was. Enough for this one post anyway. I might add further thoughts.
No His resurrected body that rose from the grave is the same body He Ascended to heaven with and has forever. He was resurrected incorruptible, imperishable , glorified and immortal. His body like when Thomas saw and touched still has the scars/ wounds in His hands, feet and side.

No His resurrected body that rose from the grave is the same body He Ascended to heaven with and has forever. He was resurrected incorruptible, imperishable , glorified and immortal. His body like when Thomas saw and touched still has the scars/ wounds in His hands, feet and side.
After the ressurection, he appeared in several bodies, Which one did He ascend in?

After the ressurection, he appeared in several bodies, Which one did He ascend in?
Nowhere does the Bible say He had “ different “ bodies after the resurrection, it says He appeared in a different “ form “, not body.

Morphe is not soma.

Mark 16:12 N-DFS
GRK: ἐν ἑτέρᾳ μορφῇ πορευομένοις εἰς
NAS: in a different form to two
KJV: in another form unto two of
INT: in another form going into
Philippians 2:6 N-DFS
GRK: ὃς ἐν μορφῇ θεοῦ ὑπάρχων
NAS: although He existed in the form of God,
KJV: being in the form of God, thought it
INT: who in [the] form of God subsisting

Philippians 2:7 N-AFS
GRK: ἑαυτὸν ἐκένωσεν μορφὴν δούλου λαβών
NAS: taking the form of a bond-servant,
KJV: and took upon him the form of a servant,
INT: himself emptied form of a servant having taken

Nmmmowhere does the Bible say He had “ different “ bodies after the resurrection, it says He appeared in a different “ form “, mnot body.

Morphe is not soma.

Mark 16:12 N-DFS
GRK: ἐν ἑτέρᾳ μορφῇ πορευομένοις εἰς
NAS: in a different form to two
KJV: in another form unto two of
INT: in another form going into
Philippians 2:6 N-DFS
GRK: ὃς ἐν μορφῇ θεοῦ ὑπάρχων
NAS: although He existed in the form of God,
KJV: being in the form of God, thought it
INT: who in [the] form of God subsisting

Philippians 2:7 N-AFS
GRK: ἑαυτὸν ἐκένωσεν μορφὴν δούλου λαβών
NAS: taking the form of a bond-servant,
KJV: and took upon him the form of a servant,
INT: himself emptied form of a servant having taken
When you read accounts that say no one recognizes him, u have to ask why? No one ever recognizes Him by HIs voice or body

When you read accounts that say no one recognizes him, u have to ask why? No one ever recognizes Him by HIs voice or body
No one understood His words/ teachings either since He hid that from them. The same with His deity which He veiled and hid from them. The same with the gospel which was veiled , hidden a mystery only revealed to a few. So your argument fails on several levels. He hid His identity from them until Ge revealed who He was to them . The disciples at the boat thought He was a ghost approaching them until He revealed His identity to them. There are tons of such examples of Jesus hiding His identity from people.

hope this helps !!!

And I agree with that too which I believe I mentioned in my post when I said, "
Interesting to note that in John 20:26 it states that he appeared in the room with the disciples the doors being shut. Just appeared. Not merely just a spirit....he even brought that up.....a spirit has not flesh and bones as you see I have.....it was his physical body....but an upgrade for physical bodies can't just appear in any space it wants without going through doors. But Jesus body WAS PHYSICAL and the same one he had prior....but upgraded I think.

And I agree with that too which I believe I mentioned in my post when I said, "
Yes His Resurrection body has done advancements over His pre resurrection body. I can’t wait to get mine :)

What are you referring to? When the two disciples were on the road to Emmaus? Or when Jesus was on the shore calling out to the disciples on the lake?
Yes early morning vision is not good and neither was the proximity from the beach with the boat in the sea. Easily explained and refuted.

No one understood His words/ teachings either since He hid that from them. The same with His deity which He veiled and hid from them. The same with the gospel which was veiled , hidden a mystery only revealed to a few. So your argument fails on several levels. He hid His identity from them until Ge revealed who He was to them . The disciples at the boat thought He was a ghost approaching them until He revealed His identity to them. There are tons of such examples of Jesus hiding His identity from people.

hope this helps !!!
your argument fails. I am talking about physical form, things like nose, mouth, height . you are talking about ideas being expressed that someome can't grasp. Jesus did not allow them to understand, but they could see and hear him. They could describe phyisal attributes like voice
and by the way resurrected bodies are not visible. remember John says he John, would not see the real resurrected body till the end. I apologize, I belive I said he got the new body at the asencion. wrong. He God it when he raised

Last edited:
your argument fails. I am talking about physical form, things like nose, mouth, height . you are talking about ideas being expressed that someome can't grasp.
Yes and I tied that into what I said from scripture that He hid from everyone during His days on this earth . He hid, concealed, veiled His teachings , gospel , identity and outward appearance ( form, morphe) from them too.

hope this helps !!!

Yes and I tied that into what I said from scripture that He hid from everyone during His days on this earth . He hid, concealed, veiled His teachings , gospel , identity and outward appearance ( form, morphe) from them too.

hope this helps !!!
he had not risen qhen he hid himself. he was still a man

your argument fails. I am talking about physical form, things like nose, mouth, height . you are talking about ideas being expressed that someome can't grasp. Jesus did not allow them to understand, but they could see and hear him. They could describe phyisal attributes like voice
and by the way resurrected bodies are not visible. remember John says he John, would not see the real resurrected body till the end. I apologize, I belive I said he got the new body at the asencion. wrong. He God it when he raised
My argument is completely biblical

GOD’S WORD IS FILLED WITH STATEMENTS ABOUT GOD’S SECRET WISDOM UNDERSTOOD ONLY BY THOSE TO WHOM GOD REVEALS IT:

“The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.” (Deut. 29:29)

“... He brings hidden things to light.” (Job 28:11)

“It is the glory of God to conceal a matter.” (Proverbs 25:2)

“Truly you are a God who hides himself.” (Isaiah 45:15)

“From now on, I will teach you of new things, of hidden things unknown to you.” (Isaiah 48:6)

“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.” (Jeremiah 33:3)

He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him.” (Daniel 2:22
)
“It is written in the prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’” (John 6:45)

“When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence of superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified ... My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words ... not the wisdom of this age ... we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden ...” (1 Corinthians 2:1-8)

“... that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge ... the mystery of Christ ...” (Colossians 2:2,3; 4:3; see also 1:26,27)

hope this helps !!!

Luke 24:16- But their eyes were prevented from recognizing Him.

Luke 24:31-32- Then their eyes were opened and they recognized Him; and He vanished from their sight. They said to one another, “Were not our hearts burning within us while He was speaking to us on the road, while He was explaining the Scripture to us?

God by his providence restrained their eyes, that though they saw a man, yet they could not discern who he was. We may learn from hence that the form or figure of Christ’s body after his resurrection was not changed. His body had the same dimensions, the same quantity, colour, and figure, and was in itself a proper object for human eyes; for otherwise there had been no need for their eyes to be held. From hence also we may learn the influence which God hath upon all our members and senses, and how much we depend upon God for a daily power to exercise our natural faculties. Our Lord had no mind that these two disciples should at first discern who he was, that he might draw out their following discourses, and from them take occasion to prove from Scripture the certainty of his resurrection. poole

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:
Our Lord had no mind that these two disciples should at first discern who he was, that he might draw out their following discourses, and from them take occasion to prove from Scripture the certainty of his resurrection.
Exactly. The whole thing was about not wanting to shock them and amaze them that it was he but to get their minds working and properly thinking more deeply on the scriptures. If he revealed himself in his real form no matter what he said about the scriptures might not have impressed them . After he knew it dawned on them the truth he had revealed he made it possible for them to see him in his true form.

if David is no longer human in heavem his offpring of faith, are still his offspring . the word offspring does not imply human. And both David and Christ are changed in to something new, Christ at his resurrection and us at the resurecction.

Do you really feel that made any sense?

So the glorified David is no longer human and a had non-human offspring in Christ?

Back
Top Bottom